• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

SIlver to energy ratio professions (✿◡‿◡)

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

*professional 5

You're not proccing an average of 2-3 sturdy birch per process @ Professional 5.

You're not factoring in cost of materials.

"RNG could give me 1 to 9" yeah good luck.

I hope you're just trying to trigger people and this post is your idea of a joke.

Thought it was professional 1,honest mistake and my workers are getting the mats so what cost? 

On the plywood hardners you can get more than 1 via alchemy. shocking I know.

Who says trigger??

Oh right, there's chance to get iron/zinc/copper crystals from melting armors and weapons down. Calculate that however ya'll want.

Edited by Dolemite
Ah forgot

Posted (edited)

So when you're gathering skilled 10 and processing professional 1 you can start making sturdy pine/maple/ash/birch and iron/copper/zinc/ect crystals.

I make a sturdy birch <1energy> that's seling for 115k before ah taxes, after taxes like 70-80k maybe. So with my processing being professional, rng is giving me 2 to 3 sturdy birch per process, with a chance the process is not gonna use eneregy due to my level. 

So lets say rng fails me on processing sturdy birch. 1 energy gets me Only 1 sturdy birch, 115k current price on the ah, after taxes 70 to 80k.

The rng gods smile upon me. No energy used for processing,due to my level, sturdy birch, I get 3 instead of 1. So 345k from rng with no energy spent, after taxes 205k -210k.

So with luck and rng spending no energy I can make 210k. Welcome to this silly ass game lol. Once you hit the right levels in gathering,processing and alchemy it just starts to snowball.

OH oh and it gets worse if you're making it yourself.

1 energy for the plywood hardener, rng could give me 1 to 9.

1 energy cutting 5 birch lumber could give me the following.

1 plank. 5 planks. 6 planks & a birch plywood. 3 planks & 4 birch plywood

1 energy to cut 10 planks is just as rng, I could get 1 plywood to 5 plywood.

Again rng so doing these steps could cost me no energy at all,higher levels having a chance to cost nothing energy wise.

So yeah I can say honestly say I can make 200k spending zero energy and it not be a lie. And say I spent 25+ energy to make 200k doing the same thing. Cause LOL RNG life skills.

Did you even bother reading and understanding my post?

Study Birch Plywood requirements:
10x Birch Plywood (6800 each, 68000 total)
3x Plywood Hardener (20000 each, 60000 total)
total cost: 128000

And lol when you factor in only lucky attempts. I can put in the ingredients to make 1 Serendia Special (around 55k worth of ingredients) and get 4 Yellow Serendia Specials (45k each)+1 Orange Serendia Special (100k each), and do that while proccing the no energy combine. Does it mean that I can reliably say I make 200k silver by spending 0 energy?

You're being delusional.

Also. @Jiav, my post was not referred to you - at least not directly: when you said you made "over 1 million" with Steel Daggers, it should be clarified how many Steel Daggers you sold. As I shown in my previous post, gathering the ingredients yourself and selling them directly in the AH would make a revenue which is very similar to the one of the finished product.

Again, my point is that getting over 100k per Energy is unrealistic. And it looks like some posters here confirm this fact, where others are bringing up examples made up of thin air.

Edited by hihey54

Posted

Just roll a character with BS luck(Daum randomizes innate luck based on name * horoscope * class) and get an Ogre ring a day. Easy 60M or just get 2 marks/witch earrings per hour.

Posted

Regardless what he is saying is true in principle. I'm sure a Guru sporting +5 Processing clothes, 5 luck or God knows whatever else impacts these things could make far more silver per craft.

At the end of the day however I still assert that there is a finite amount of silver you can make crafting anything for the AH and that Trade items are likely the best way to convert energy to silver with minimal time investment.

The "processing success rate" provided by the Processing clothes only impact how likely you are to succeed during a Processing attempt - that is, you are less likely to get the "Processing is not going as planned" message. Basically, they only make the whole Processing activity slightly faster. They do not increase your yield rate per batch.

Posted (edited)

Regardless what he is saying is true in principle. I'm sure a Guru sporting +5 Processing clothes, 5 luck or God knows whatever else impacts these things could make far more silver per craft.

At the end of the day however I still assert that there is a finite amount of silver you can make crafting anything for the AH and that Trade items are likely the best way to convert energy to silver with minimal time investment.

If someone suddenly was Guru in the current economy I'm sure they'd have very high profit margins, but in reality, by the time anyone hits Guru, others will have risen quite a lot too and we will all push down the prices because despite there not being that many people focusing a lot on processing, we can make orders of magnitude more of high tier materials than anyone could care to consume. The oversupply is chronic and the price will keep falling to chip away at any profit margin gain people get from getting higher processing skill, because people can afford to sell at a lower price, because proc rate system.

Tbh I doubt anyone will ever make as much from processing per day as the first people who hit Processing 5 did during that window where pure crystals and sturdy sold extremely well at very high prices. Profits from crafting professions in this game don't scale with your profession skill, they scale with your profession skill relative to other people and depending on demand for materials. Artisan 1 gave a good chunk too for people who had it before Mediah hit via Highest Tier Gems, but it was just a burst and oversupply happened quickly. The end-products crafted through it don't have an item-sink, sadly.

If Master 1 gives some extreme benefit (unlocking a specific, useful material) in some patch while there's still only 10 or so people who have it, it will also be a burst-profit thing unless there is an immense item sink for the material.

Processing is pvp.

Edited by Clearing

Posted (edited)

The "processing success rate" provided by the Processing clothes only impact how likely you are to succeed during a Processing attempt - that is, you are less likely to get the "Processing is not going as planned" message. Basically, they only make the whole Processing activity slightly faster. They do not increase your yield rate per batch.

Hrmm, I was told otherwise but someone trustworthy but now I suppose I'll have to test this myself.

Edited by Ezareth

Posted (edited)

Hrmm, I was told otherwise but someone I trustworthy but now I suppose I'll have to test this myself.

He probably just misunderstood the item text, it's easy to do. The text itself when read literally only refers to success rate, which is indeed merely circumventing the timesink of not successfully processing, and cooking & alchemy clothes have a time decrease buff as well, so it would make the most sense and be the most consistent if it's just a time saver.

Then again, a lot of things are hidden in this game so one can never be too sure and almost any test is a useful test.

Edited by Clearing

Posted

I think there's a problem in this thread:

We're discussing how much you could with 1 energy, when that is a totally meaningless number. Sure, I could get lucky, buy a blue crystal from the market for 25k and grind it into 30 BSP and sell those for 50-60k after tax. (I could also walk up to the market and see that the cheapest blue crystal is 35k and BSP is down below 2k.) However, there's no way, I'm dumping my entire day's energy doing this. Heck, there's no way I'm dumping an hour's worth of energy doing this, so the energy cost is pretty much irrelevant.

The only places where profit/energy matters are in things you can repeat 100x like processing. In this case some of the crazier numbers don't count either because you're not selling 100+ processed high tier gems. The sturdy plywood that goes into wagons, etc. might work but you have to either account for cost of the ingredients or the energy cost of setting yourself up for that final combine. Making steel doesn't look so great once you consider the cost of the melted iron shards (either in terms of energy or on the market). When I make my steel its because I have too much energy and I just want some processing exp. It's certainly not very profitable in the grand scheme of things.

You also can't consider manufacturing as part of your profit/energy unless the materials you're making can't be bought on the market. Otherwise, you could just buy the mats and make profit/0 energy = infinity! So maybe it makes sense to talk about manufacturing things that require leather wagons/horse gear/etc. that you couldn't make unless you make your own, but for much of the other stuff the only thing you gain from making mats yourself is avoiding some tax (since mats you made yourself can replace buying mats at 100% cost instead of turning into money at 65% cost).

Of course even this is misleading. If you can make Gold Topaz, you can make a 3-4m necklace every 1.5 hours or so for millions in profit and all it costs is 1 energy assuming you bought the other mats which are freely available. So profit per energy > 1 million, but you can't really, really dump your energy doing it. (Can't sell that many, only one tier 5 goldsmith, etc.)

Posted

3-4 m what server? the market for necklaces already is crashing, they sell for max around 2,5-3m on my server tt. Ppl should keep in mind processing in kr/ru/jp doesn'T cost any energy, our marketprices doesn't reflect that. Chances are in the future they will remove the energy cost in our version as well.

Posted

3-4 m what server? the market for necklaces already is crashing, they sell for max around 2,5-3m on my server tt. Ppl should keep in mind processing in kr/ru/jp doesn'T cost any energy, our marketprices doesn't reflect that. Chances are in the future they will remove the energy cost in our version as well.

Orwen. The topaz one is the only one still above 2m. Incidentally, Gold Topaz is the only gem of that tier I can't just buy whenever off the market. I'm pretty sure the two things are related. This is also the only reason I make steel. (I'm still only Pro7 in processing, but by the time I make it to Pro10, I'm sure the price will have crashed.) I definitely missed the early jewelry profits and the 3m Merchant Wagons, but I'm doing OK, I think.

I just hit 50, I have 61m cash on hand, a yellow +15 Yuria, armor is all +11/12. It would be higher, but RNGesus decided I wanted PRI witch earings instead. I got 25 fail stacks twice trying to get my armor from +10 to +12... and my dagger from +12 to +13. (I mean those are nice, but I really just wanted to get my gear to +15 so I could start trying to turn it yellow.) On the other hand, if I'd gotten in on the 3m trade wagons and 5m necklaces, I'd easily have my +15s and Ogre Ring by now. I just got to the point where I can make a wagon every 2 hours. (Granted it could be way faster with an all goblin workforce. Every 45mins? but I really hate farming soft hide now.)

Also, I doubt anyone is making consistently over 15k per energy (without some additional bottleneck or unrelated work). Last I checked energy pots didn't sell at min price. Granted, last I checked was over a week ago, so I might be wrong now?

Of course, dumping 200 energy into processing still takes a long time and some cash shop investment in some cases (my alts seem to have trouble carrying more than 500ish ore at a time).

Posted

I'm Prcoessing: Master 4, Maybe its my server (Croxus), But I cannot see anyway where you can make more then 20k per energy spent consistently and without instantly over supplying.

Definitely congrats on that, I am only Artisan 4 but recently been working into a different profession.  I think that term over supplying is a valid point, as I will have high profit margins which after putting them up long enough will start to tank the market, then I need to go toward something else.  

I think to really maximize profits you need to study the marketplace and know a lot of different markets because atleast for me, I know I need to switch up my market a ton.  I have maybe 5-6 markets I am comfortable being a part of and need to rotate to not over saturate.  

I can honestly say though, right now in the game is the most profitable it has ever been to be a processor.  My new market has netted me 40 mil in profit for 2 days worth of work.  Still roughly 600 energy worth but with the pvp resets energy isnt too much of an issue as it once was.  Even that would only roughly come to 70k profit per energy.  

So back to the original point, 20k per energy I believe is the fairest number for a true profession.  If you do everything yourself, and divide your profits by your energy, 20k per energy is decent.  Not going into hey I can do x y z and buy this and turn it into money.  Going from harvest to finish.  Without sleeping in a bed you can get 480 energy per day on your main + 200 from pvp.  Lets assume you miss some energy along the road.  500 x 20k = 10,000,000.  I think its safe to say that is where your daily profits should be.  I think its safe to say if you can not average 10 mil a day and claim to make more per energy through your profession you cant really use your energy per profit ratio.