• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How the hell are characters ordered?

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I created my plum and I decided it would be my main class, it frustrated me that she was the last on the list and that I couldn't do anything about it. I deleted 3 of my other characters to raise her priority, I recreated them today and yet again she was shoved down to last position.

2016-04-28_20-45-09.png

Edited by Phantasmagorie

Posted

RNG.

3 people like this

Posted

RNG.

Wouldn't even surprise me at this point.

Posted (edited)

I created my plum and I decided it would be my main class, it frustrated me that she was the last on the list and that I couldn't do anything about it so I deleted 3 of my other characters to raise her priority, I recreated them today and yet again she was shoved down to last position.

2016-04-28_20-45-09.png

From character with highest drop chance to the character with lowest drop chance. Easy as that.

Now seriously, I have no idea, but I would love to see an option to optimize our list of characters.

Edited by Dalarien

Posted

RNG.

It's not.  That would actually make more sense than the current system.

Posted

From character with highest drop chance to the character with lowest drop chance. Easy as that.

No way in hell, killed 300 world bosses on archer, still not a single liverto bundle.

Posted

Mine are still in the order I created them... Yours is somewhat curious...

Posted

It's a hidden stat how it's organized. 

Posted

Never notice the different icons before.. Rather cool. Maybe by class.

Posted

Mine are still in the order I created them... Yours is somewhat curious...

Yours is the weird one, being all organized and such.  I am pretty sure that there is an element of creation order involved, but the fact that it doesn't consistently follow it just makes it more confusing.   For the record my list in order of creation is: 3,2,1,4,5,6,7,8.

Posted

I created my plum and I decided it would be my main class, it frustrated me that she was the last on the list and that I couldn't do anything about it. I deleted 3 of my other characters to raise her priority, I recreated them today and yet again she was shoved down to last position.

2016-04-28_20-45-09.png

Sorted as A B C D.

When you delete B C. then remake. they wont go the back of the list, but instead replace B and C

Posted

Sorted as A B C D.

When you delete B C. then remake. they wont go the back of the list, but instead replace B and C

Not sure if the delete replacement is true or not but it's definitely not alphabetically organized.  I never deleted any of my first 7 characters and they are listed as S, A, S, T, V, K, L.

Posted

cash shop will sell a 1 time use coupon which will allow you to change the position of 1 character

Posted (edited)

From what I've seen if you want a particular character to have the top slot you would've had to have deleted the first character you ever made.  I had messed up my first character I created and when I deleted it and made a new one it took over the top slot even though I had used up all of my slots by then.  That Plum you created will always be in the 7th slot once you replace any characters you deleted.  It's position was determined at the time of creation

Edited by Weamz

Posted

From what I've seen if you want a particular character to have the top slot you would've had to have deleted the first character you ever made.  I had messed up my first character I created and when I deleted it and made a new one it took over the top slot even though I had used up all of my slots by then.  That Plum you created will always be in the 6th slot once you replace any characters you deleted.  It's position was determined at the time of creation

This

Posted

Not sure if the delete replacement is true or not but it's definitely not alphabetically organized.  I never deleted any of my first 7 characters and they are listed as S, A, S, T, V, K, L.

It seems to be true. Same thing happened here, multiple times - if I delete a character, then create one using that same name (regardless of class) it goes back into a slot previously occupied by the now-deleted character. 

Posted

characters take on the slot depending when you created them,

If i made a ranger as my first character, and then made a sorcerer as my 2nd, then delete my ranger, my sorcerer will be in slot 1, but if I remake my ranger she will be in slot 1 again

Posted

characters take on the slot depending when you created them,

If i made a ranger as my first character, and then made a sorcerer as my 2nd, then delete my ranger, my sorcerer will be in slot 1, but if I remake my ranger she will be in slot 1 again

Ok, let's field a new hypothesis:  The above is true except characters created pre-launch may have a different order.