• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BlackStone RNG Upgrades Suck

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I feel discouraged from playing post level 50 because it's basically like, grind for black stones, build fail stacks (or force), get a 1 + on a piece of gear, do amity game/build alts/switch chars for energy > to get gear to repair failed attempts, rinse and repeat... That's the equivalent to working all week, getting your paycheck, spending it on a lottery ticket, and hoping you win so that you can buy groceries or w/e. 

That's so much BS of non-fun stuff just to maybe get an upgrade. I don't wanna do amity games, I don't want to build fail stacks, I don't want to repair gear with gear that I already have...

I just want to PVP but i'm not relevant in pvp because my gear sucks.

For me and in my opinion, the end game of BDO is trash.

At end game I want to pvp at top level to earn top level pvp gear or PVE cool stuff for cool looking gear. And then I'm reminded by the fact that because there is not a level cap that pvp will never be about skill, it will always be about pve grind results.

idk man, anybody else had this issue? If so how'd you over come?- because right now I'm just like meh, and looking at other games to play maybe? idk tbh

Edited by CMD CTRL

Posted

What about saving up silvers to buy one of the higher enhancement weapons from the market? They're pretty costly, but at least you won't have to play the upgrade game.

1 person likes this

Posted

What about saving up silvers to buy one of the higher enhancement weapons from the market? They're pretty costly, but at least you won't have to play the upgrade game.

That's actually a good option, I appreciate your post. I could even sell all of my black stones on the market to build up to that.

+1 ty

Posted

The upgrade differences will only get worse when +16-20 comes out. Still curious to see what balancing will be done there.. I'm sure there will be a QQ tsunami regardless. 

Posted

I am not sure why people complain about black stone RNG when there is a 100% way to force the upgrade, do not gamble with them unless you can handle a total loss of stones and excessive durability loss.

Posted

The upgrade differences will only get worse when +16-20 comes out. Still curious to see what balancing will be done there.. I'm sure there will be a QQ tsunami regardless. 

It just seems like a dumb way to spend end game. The end game is basically spent manipulating a crafting system to get better gear.

Posted

You don't have to grind all week to get blackstones. Do your boss scroll dailies every day, then do them all once a week with your friends or guildies.

I also suggest doing Mediah Dailies, as they reward Hunter Seals, which can be exchanged for Blackstones.

1 person likes this

Posted

It just seems like a dumb way to spend end game. The end game is basically spent manipulating a crafting system to get better gear.

There isn't really an end game yet. Right now people are upgrading to prepare for eventual end game.

Posted

Honestly, the weapon/armor upgrades are the one place in the game where you can bypass the Rng more or less. It seems like everything else is just random including hp/mp per level.

Posted

Honestly, the weapon/armor upgrades are the one place in the game where you can bypass the Rng more or less. It seems like everything else is just random including hp/mp per level.

I read a reddit thread about this. I guess its true? At max level somebody could have almost double the hp or wp than you ungeared :S

Posted

I read a reddit thread about this. I guess its true? At max level somebody could have almost double the hp or wp than you ungeared :S

"Double" the hp, don't you think you are pushing it?

Posted

Buy weapon in market if you dont wanna use black stones,  make money, save it and cash out when you have lots of money

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't have to grind all week to get blackstones. Do your boss scroll dailies every day, then do them all once a week with your friends or guildies.

I also suggest doing Mediah Dailies, as they reward Hunter Seals, which can be exchanged for Blackstones.

tbh thats the true blackstone grinding lol.

And its RNG, with a level 10 node and level 5 luck you still have the chance of doing a 50 million hours grind and not get a single blackstone. But RNG is weird too, like dyes, although its clearly RNG it doesnt explain why the chances of getting pure black is far less than getting one of brilliant red (which after doing more than 50 dye attempts landed me more than in comparison to the other dyes).

Main point, RNG is RNG.

Posted

I just want to PVP but i'm not relevant in pvp because my gear sucks.

You're looking for a different kind of game. BDO doesn't suck. Your decision to buy and play the game, now that sucked.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys, I think i'm done with BDO though. 

I just wanna login to a game, PVP, have fun, and kill other players.

BDO is in my browsers history soon to be crap-cleaned. 

Back to APB Reloaded and waiting for Camelot Unchained or something idk.. 

I have zero interest in PVE grinding and crafting to enjoy a PVP game.

Posted

Thanks guys, I think i'm done with BDO though. 

I just wanna login to a game, PVP, have fun, and kill other players.

BDO is in my browsers history soon to be crap-cleaned. 

Back to APB Reloaded and waiting for Camelot Unchained or something idk.. 

I have zero interest in PVE grinding and crafting to enjoy a PVP game.

check out overwatch coming out next month maybe?

Posted

i agree with you op, even if i am not a big pvp fan. i do not know what other pvpers (who like it) think, but it seems to me there should be a way that you can pvp all the time and earn some kind of points etc to buy gear. so you would be doing pvp, that you like, to enjoy pvp even more.

right now even as somebody who likes pve, the entire game seems kind of badly conceived if it is supposed to be a pvp players paradise. it is a gambling addict's wet dream though . . .

1 person likes this

Posted

i agree with you op, even if i am not a big pvp fan. i do not know what other pvpers (who like it) think, but it seems to me there should be a way that you can pvp all the time and earn some kind of points etc to buy gear. so you would be doing pvp, that you like, to enjoy pvp even more.

right now even as somebody who likes pve, the entire game seems kind of badly conceived if it is supposed to be a pvp players paradise. it is a gambling addict's wet dream though . . .

Yeah you nailed it. 100% nailed it. 

Posted

tbh thats the true blackstone grinding lol.

And its RNG, with a level 10 node and level 5 luck you still have the chance of doing a 50 million hours grind and not get a single blackstone. But RNG is weird too, like dyes, although its clearly RNG it doesnt explain why the chances of getting pure black is far less than getting one of brilliant red (which after doing more than 50 dye attempts landed me more than in comparison to the other dyes).

Main point, RNG is RNG.

No, you didn't get my main point. You don't have to grind/farm blackstones at all. Do your usual thing (boss scrolls and optional for extra blackstones: mediah daily quests) and do them at high quantities and in groups. 
I never "grinded" for blackstones, I only did this method since release and I have made 2x +15 sets and have about 100-150 Blackstones of each kind left.

I understand, you're technically "grinding", but in fact you are doing your daily boss scroll quest which you would (or should) do anyway, regardless of whether you need blackstones or not.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0