• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What game did you leave to play BDO?

180 posts in this topic

Posted

None actually. I just made room for it. Playing Smite currently aswell + some SP games.

Posted

I'm not sure leave is the right word, because we'll go back to it at some point.  We were playing Warframe, though.

Posted (edited)

WoW.

wow

Because blizzard literally don't give a flying rats about their players. They used to be more community oriented.... But all good devs left to riot. Right now im spending sub money on bdo... And when legion comes out ill buy something on bdo. I can feel legion is gonna be another wod....no way im falling for blizzards bait...

Edited by Jack Sparrow

Posted

Arma 3 asylum white listed cop

arma 3 critical gaming

rust  - rustopia - rustified/facepunch

elite dangerous TOC / fuel rats

Posted

Tera EU of course.

After i sold my account to buy blackdesert

Posted

Tera EU of course.

After i sold my account to buy blackdesert

lol

Posted

Archeage.
I gave away all of my gear, gold, land, costumes, an RNG box mount, and I don't plan on ever looking back. :D

Posted

Did not really leave a game, since the last MMo I played was beta Warhammer Online a few years back. I technically left Fallout 4, and Enter the Gungeon for this I guess.

Posted

I left WoW and GW2 years ago and was mostly playing LoL and modding Skyrim before BDO. 

Posted

Technically the last MMO I had played was ESO which was just hopping on once a week. I had left WoW a few months before that, which WoW has been my go to MMO since it's vanilla beta. 

Honestly have no interest in going back. I had Legion preordered of which I cancelled and put that money into the BDO cash shop. Warlords of Draenor showed me how terrible WoW has become and how they think they can throw out anything and expect the player base to blindly buy it. Legion will be no different but I won't be taking part.

BDO is everything I expected/wanted and will be my MMO of choice hopefully for years to come, so long as they don't mess it up.

Posted (edited)

Technically the last MMO I had played was ESO which was just hopping on once a week. I had left WoW a few months before that, which WoW has been my go to MMO since it's vanilla beta. 

Honestly have no interest in going back. I had Legion preordered of which I cancelled and put that money into the BDO cash shop. Warlords of Draenor showed me how terrible WoW has become and how they think they can throw out anything and expect the player base to blindly buy it. Legion will be no different but I won't be taking part.

BDO is everything I expected/wanted and will be my MMO of choice hopefully for years to come, so long as they don't mess it up.

Ya, I played WoW , Cenarius Server up till' BC...I enjoyed the early versions of the game. Black Rock, open world PvP good times. Now it's Disney Land, no soul.:S

Edited by daft73

Posted

Hello Kitty Online.

and random games, ED and wow probably being the ones i played most

heres hoping a legacy server will be reality.

But if not dont be affraid, you will be deligthed to hear that garrison missions is amongst the first and mandatory things you do qhwn you start playing legion, its the 3rd quest i believe ^^ Joy!

Posted

PSO private server, and I'm feeling a little bad for it actually. I missed 2 events now. I really should go give my FOmarls some love.

Posted

left BDO to play BDO

1 person likes this

Posted

a cancerfest called Tera.

Posted

I left LoL and Blade and Soul for this o3o was fun til Mediah patch came up then..no more recharge, server problems, even more bots.

Posted

I too come from Aion, and actually I still play it from time to time, chitarra just for the sake of meeting the friends that I still have there.

The game design was very well: all classes are pretty balanced, open world PvP is there but pvp fans can still do their stuff with limited (not null) risk.

I left for the old combat mechanics, the graphic, but mainly the publisher. 

Gameforge never more in lifetime!

Posted

...League of Legends and Blade and Soul I suppose.

Posted

I left my guild on Archeage. I had two mansions and many houses. Left them all for greener pastures. I have learned the hard way that there are no greener pastures, just different ones.

Posted

I left AA to move here. Was the richest on every server. Had every piece of land and gear I could possibly obtain. There was nothing else for me to acquire except through a 2% enhancement chance. BDO I wasn't even going to try but I said screw it I'll give it a try and if I don't like it I'll quit games for good. Game turned out to be everything I was looking for in a mmo. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Posted

Blade and Soul

I went back though. I still keep tabs on BDO though in case it becomes a good game, which is why I'm on the forums.

Also I have some friends here sort of.

Posted

Left all my 132 games on steam for playing BDO

Posted

Blade and Soul

I went back though. I still keep tabs on BDO though in case it becomes a good game, which is why I'm on the forums.

Also I have some friends here sort of.

Don't why you had to put it like that as if BDO isn't a good game. You should rephrase that to "In case BDO becomes a game I will like," which it probably won't.

it was pure P2W, no money no fun ¬_¬.

On topic though I left FFXIV for this as i was getting tired of the game and lack of content that i found interesting (i personally despise crafting/gathering - meaning i was poor all the time in that game and missed out on the badly implemented housing system) . The boss fights and "raids" were great fun but it was just a treadmil of gear up > new patch > gear up again.

I tried this and loved the open world, combat and the fact i can go out and be a bad ass while actually earning money instead of having to craft and fight with retarded prices on the market board. This game also seems to have a better feel to getting stronger by constantly improving your gear over just instantly replacing it every 3 months for a higher level.

Whilst i don't miss playing FFXIV so much I do miss hanging out with my free company (guild) as we'd been together since the PS4 launch and this game being PC only cuts me off from most of them Q.Q

I always found gil mostly useless in FFXIV But I found the housing system to be quite nice. I like, even when they are in their own instances, houses to be part of the world. Technically in ff14 you don't instantly replace all your gear but the amount of time spent playing to increase your gear is much lower, depending on your bdo rng. BDO definitely has a higher gear difference that can occur between players with the RNG accessories and ultmate of weapons and armor.

Posted

Don't why you had to put it like that as if BDO isn't a good game. You should rephrase that to "In case BDO becomes a game I will like," which it probably won't.

I put it that way because BDO is bad game.

You should rephrase that to "I'm a fanboy and now I'm triggered"

Posted (edited)

I always found gil mostly useless in FFXIV But I found the housing system to be quite nice. I like, even when they are in their own instances, houses to be part of the world. Technically in ff14 you don't instantly replace all your gear but the amount of time spent playing to increase your gear is much lower, depending on your bdo rng. BDO definitely has a higher gear difference that can occur between players with the RNG accessories and ultmate of weapons and armor.

True, gil was "mostly" useless but for relic weapons there were gil sinks made worse by the crafters and gil inflation (Materia on the first relic & 12x HQ crafting items for the Anima Relic) where you had little hope of completing them outside of saving up a very long long time or crafting/gathering so you could get a combat class better. Then with the housing (at least on Cerberus) it was terribly implemented due to the extreme shortage of plots that once the originals sold out the prices inflated to near real world values, it's crazy also exsasperated by "buy to sell" tycoons who ruined it for those who were trying to get a place later on.

Agreed on the not instantly replacing gear point but after grinding for i60/i90/i100/i120 - i240 for nearly 36 months it was sort of pointless as you either grind the same 2x (only two) dungeons every day for tomes to buy one piece a week or chest/leg every two weeks to do the current end game content or wait a patch or two where it's nerfed but all the content dry's up of "decent" players to learn as all progression groups and skill full players had moved on.

Edited by Megabiv
WTF happened to my post O_o