• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What game did you leave to play BDO?

180 posts in this topic

Posted

Elder Scrolls Online, been hoping that ESO would bring more stuff then dungeons, a few raids and PVP. Stuff which are out of the box in BDO. That didnt happen and BDO came out so ditched ESO for BDO. Havent regret it yet. 

Posted

Coming from Vindictus EU.

I loved my Scythe Evie so much. Now i am a Sorc waiting for the Scythe to unlock :)

Posted

Grim Dawn. 

Posted

Blade&Soul but I dont miss it :D

Posted

I too come from Aion, and actually I still play it from time to time, chitarra just for the sake of meeting the friends that I still have there.

The game design was very well: all classes are pretty balanced, open world PvP is there but pvp fans can still do their stuff with limited (not null) risk.

I left for the old combat mechanics, the graphic, but mainly the publisher. 

Gameforge never more in lifetime!

6 years of Aion, wonderful game, keeps pulling me back after numerous AFK I lost count (due to real life commitments), played extensively on KR, NA, and two times EU from 0 to gg. Whenever I got free time to play a new MMO title I found myself went back to Aion after a while.

BDO is the only game made me not want to go back to Aion, I usually felt a cringe whenever watching Aion videos giving me urge to go back to it, not anymore with BDO (Failforge helped a lot too)

I played BDO during Korean launch while travelling there, it was so boring I fell asleep sitting at their gaming cafe. I am glad I gave it a try again this time EU launch, honestly this game needs more work on new player introductory.

Posted

I minimize BDO to the tray and play Albion Online or single player games. 

Posted

Diablo3, GW2 and Trove ..
*sob*

Posted

Spider Solitaire

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If one at all I guess. I left GW2 after a long time playing, PvP became was too esports based and they ignored my favorite part of the game for too long (WvW) what about you? did you leave another MMO to come to BDO? Are you trying to multitask this and another?

was unaware people even still did ranked pvp in gw2...everytime i logged on over the past year the pvp lobby area was empty and i was queued for games that never popped lol.

to stay on topic..pretty much stopped playing DotA + a bunch of single player games i had sitting around from steam sales that I started playing in my lull of MMORPG enjoyment after archeage flopped

Edited by Khazard

Posted

Guild Wars 2 / Runescape

Still playing Runescape :3

Posted

Guild Wars 2 / Runescape

Still playing Runescape :3

it's 2016 Uninstall lol

Posted

The Division :P

Posted

If one at all I guess. I left GW2 after a long time playing, PvP became was too esports based and they ignored my favorite part of the game for too long (WvW) what about you? did you leave another MMO to come to BDO? Are you trying to multitask this and another?

SWTOR...... Greatest singleplayer MMO ever.

it's 2016 Uninstall lol

>.>      <.<      o_o you don't have to install runescape.

Posted

BnS, but I'll probably peek back in... eventually. My kung fu Yun is hot af. :P

Posted

AA & GW2

Posted

i played Aion for like 6 years, during a long break i started playing Guild Wars 2 and kept playing for 3 years. I gave Blade & Soul a shot but other than the 1v1 arena it was boring, i was really excited for that game, bummer. Eventually i sold all my accounts and started playing Black Desert. Its a great game, i just wish it had more fantasy elements.

Posted

was unaware people even still did ranked pvp in gw2...everytime i logged on over the past year the pvp lobby area was empty and i was queued for games that never popped lol.

to stay on topic..pretty much stopped playing DotA + a bunch of single player games i had sitting around from steam sales that I started playing in my lull of MMORPG enjoyment after archeage flopped

anet turned pvp into a wannabe esport game. They tried to make a moba map as well. They totally -----ed wvw players over.

Posted (edited)

Archeageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But I've played months/years worth of WoW, GW1&2, APB, Tera, Swtor, etc etc too.

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

Left Archage that game was a mess lol 

Same here.

Archeage had some nice gameplay mechanics that BDO lacks......( like the ships ).

But the fact that you could swipe to win and the amount of blatant hackers were a huge turn off. Archeage IS the perfect example of what a true P2W game is. BDO is so far from being p2w that it's humorous to see the p2w whiners complain that BDO is p2w. They have no clue how bad it could be........

And that's why my entire guild moved here. And so far we love it!

1 person likes this

Posted

Archeage. 1st 3 months was nice, than stupid broken "events" (Delphinad Ghost Ship), and real money based upgrade system (real money marketplace only upgrdade charms) killed the game. Toxic community, "Free" unlimited registration of bots and card warriors, cheaters and exploit users, multiaccount support, enormous gear gap, Stupid big RNG, tradeable high-end gear, free "p2p" trade to save multiaccount resources to one account... Trino's fix list was: new costumes, new payed p2w contents, more rng items and 0 real fix. So, I left the (walking) dead server :D

Posted

heavily modded Skyrim (LoversLab mods included)

may start going back to it if Node/Siege wars doesn't come out by summer.

Posted

Did not really leave a game, since the last MMo I played was beta Warhammer Online a few years back. I technically left Fallout 4, and Enter the Gungeon for this I guess.

same "left" falout 4... but you cant really leave a singleplayer. So i was just playing fo4/d3/hots/hearstone until this released.been following bdo for 2 years though!

Posted

FFXIV, didn't leave but I'm playing this alongside of it. Really only sign on for less than an hour at a time nowadays to craft some stuff, restock, or adjust my market items. The gear grind has no incentive as its reset every three months and the raids or extreme primals almost exclusively cater to people in statics. I still stick around for the crafting and housing system.

1 person likes this

Posted

I left the game of Real Life. BDO is more peaceful

Posted

Still playing ESO but very sporadically.   I belong to several high volume trading guilds so that keeps me logging in at least once a week.  I do love ESO but BDO is really pulling me away.