• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

service area Territory of Service - Updated 13.11.2015

902 posts in this topic

Posted

Now i just start to think that Koreans dont need $ becouse they all rich(from games ofc.)  They should make more IP block AAA(A** project) games....

P.S. Seriosly IP banning  potential buyers is "wise" choice...:S   As i speak earlier(in older post) IF PA or Daum dont want my $ i give them to that publisher that dont make stupid staff policy (IP ban style).>:(

Posted

If Baltic countries provided 15k players - we would have seen at least 10 to 15 Baltic guilds registered here - so far i haven't seen even 1.

If you look at the current Guild Roster from Germany, France and Europe, you can see how little interest this game has atm.

21 Guild in EU, 4 in Germany and 9 in France - this is not even 5k players, and you are talking about 15k players from 3 small countries with population smaller than a city of Moscow?

I have no idea how many players from those countries will play BDO, but calculating it from amount of closed-nation guilds is plain wrong, even if there will be such then at least half of those won't have recruitment on this forum, some part will join in one chunk, not even to mention this is CBT without proper advertisement, but most will just be international with English, not even to mention that game is not translated to those languages hence most of the players from those countries that would play and stay here - will know at least Engrish, in order to play properly (I haven't heard about any patch to those languages so far, nor someone willing to make it).

Just to make it clear - I also hardly believe in 15k from those countries at start, later on possibly, but not now, for the most part those who know about BDO are those that followed it for a long time and their friends, but lack of ad campaign is a whole another topic.

Posted (edited)

Edited by aldawoodmk

Posted

People just stop asking about silly things 

lot of ppl died in France,lebanon and everywhere in the world bcuz of stupid and crazy ppl 

and you still talking about ip-block !!! 

France our heart with you 

image.png

I'm praying for them. But IP-Block is the subject of this thread. No Off-Topic here, please lol

Posted (edited)

It could be that it is Russian Speaking players that creates majority of Baltic player population

You don't know anything about Baltic countries so can you just stop talking random shit. Your every post is cancer here. 

This whiny kid just doesn't like that we want to play in EU because we are in European Union. 

Edited by se7enuts
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Baltic countries which are members of European Union will be forced to play with Russians? This must be the most ridiculous and disgusting thing I've seen in a long time. Majority if not all of the Baltic gaming community is much more of western-minded and they don't want anything to do with Russians, their server, language, community and culture. Especially having in mind all the history between those countries...

Jeez... They don't even speak Russian unless they're 40-50 or more years old people who had to live through occupation times as a part of the Soviet Union. They teach English in schools since 90's and it's a mandatory thing. Get you shit straight please. These countries are independent and should have been a neutral case in this Territory of Service subject. But instead looks like DAUM sold them out to Russians and their hideous GameNet for whatever reason.

Do not really care anymore about DAUMs future decisions. Seen enough. This game is going to be a huge fail under their management and I decided I ain't gonna be a part of it. The game itself doesn't really have anything special either. Shitty sandbox with some nice action type combat and gimped PvP mechanics but sure terrible publishers always find a way to make it worse.

p.s. @devour You are an idiot. 

Edited by Randombrick
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your life must have been horribly sad and full of pain if trolling on the Internet is all you can do.

Edited by Randombrick

Posted (edited)

Your life must have been horribly sad and full of pain if trolling on the Internet is all you can do.

This game is going to be a huge fail under their management and I decided I ain't gonna be a part of it.

Don't know what you're still doing here.

Edited by devour

Posted

Dear players,

This is a follow-up statement in regards of the thread “Territory of Service”.
As many of you were confused by the ‘vague’ explanation before, we would like to update our post from before as follows with an exact listing of our service territory.

Our Service Territory will consist of:

·         Europe                                                                                

ALAND ISLANDS, ALBANIA, ANDORRA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM,  BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BULGARIA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FAROE ISLANDS, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GIBRALTAR, GREECE, GUERNSEY, HOLY SEE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ISLE OF MAN, ITALY, JERSEY, KOSOVO, LIECHTENSTEIN, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA,  MALTA,  MONACO, MONTENEGRO, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, SAN MARINO, SERBIA, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SVALBARD & JAN MAYEN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

Territories under the sovereignty or administration of either of the above mentioned countries (despite their geographical location)

ANGUILLA, ARUBA, BONAIRE,SAINT EUSTATIUS AND SABA, BERMUDA, BOUVET ISLAND, BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY, CAYMAN ISANDS, CURACAO, CYPRUS, FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS), FRENCH GUIANA, FRENCH POLYNESIA, FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORIES, GREENLAND, GUADELOUPE, MARTINIQUE, MAYOTTE, MONTSERRAT, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, NEW CALEDONIA, SAINT BARTHELEMY, SAINT HELENA, SAINT MARTIN, SAINT PIERRE AND MIQUELON, SINT MAARTEN, SOUTH GEORGIA AND THE SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS

·         North America                                                                   

CANADA, MEXICO, UNITED STATES

Territories under the sovereignty or administration of either of the above mentioned countries (despite their geographical location)

AMERICAN SAMOA, GUAM, MARSHALL ISLANDS, FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA, NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS, PALAU, PUERTO RICO, UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS, VIRGIN ISLANDS

We are also happy to announce that we were able to find an agreement that we can service Australia, New Zealand and surrounding islands considered as part of Oceania.

·         OCEANIA                                                                           

AUSTRALIA, COOK ISLANDS, FIJI, KIRIBATI, NAURU, NEW ZEALAND, NIUE, NORFOLK ISLAND, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, PITCAIRN, SAMOA, SOLOMON ISLANDS, TOKELAU, TONGA, TUVALU, VANUATU

All countries not listed above will not be serviced and their IP will be blocked.

Note: Countries that are excluded from EU/NA service due to the territory license agreement of the Russian service:

Also to be blocked: 
RUSSIAN FEDERATION, ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, GEORGIA, KATAKHSTAN, KYRGYZSTAN, MOLDOVA, TAJIKISTAN, TURKMENISTAN, UKRAINE AND UZBEKISTAN, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, ESTONIA, TERRITORIES WITH LIMITED STATUS ABKHAZIA AND SOUTH OSSETIA

All territories above are in accordance with the agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss.
For any territory not mentioned above there may be different channels offered in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards

- Black Desert Online Team -

Edited yesterday at 3:23 PM by PM_Belsazar

Posted

Don't know what you're still doing here.

Expressing my opinion. That is the purpose of a forum. But of course, someone as socially miserable as you only see it as a place to grief other people and compensate for ones childhood traumas...

3 people like this

Posted

This game is going to be a huge fail under their management and I decided I ain't gonna be a part of it.

Your opinion has been heard, your tears are good, exit is on the left.

2 people like this

Posted

You may not know that the pearl abyss in ONE wants to sell the game for PS4 XBOX-xD so the server will also be connected to those without a PC to play together so do not say you will not do yourself.

Posted

You may not know that the pearl abyss in ONE wants to sell the game for PS4 XBOX-xD so the server will also be connected to those without a PC to play together so do not say you will not do yourself.

I can't understand what you're trying to say here but i'm glad they will be on console too?

Posted

Is the game will be sold for PS4 - XBOX + one forward.

Posted

Your opinion has been heard, your tears are good, exit is on the left.

We're off to a great start, folks, reaching up LoL and CS:GO combined from behind. Keep up the good work! /s No, really, you guys should fix your damn attitude.

Posted (edited)

So many people freaking out and making wild accusations just relax if you feel this game will fail because they didn't please a few people in the grand scheme of things well what are ya gonna do... Pretty much nothing so stop complaining about it for those complaining thier lumped into playing on ru well at least u aren't completely restricted and thier are English patches if u can't read Cyrillic and u can find people to guild up with that speak the language you use  and the ping will not be as bad.  Just wait and see they did say maybe future channels in the future it's been maybe 2 days the future is still a ways out :)

Edited by Ethenias
Miss spelling

Posted

Guys I understand your pain, but realize one thing:

Geographicly you are in Europe. In reality GameNet got your country by the balls in BDO... Any other game (like ArcheAge) is not Daum's or PA's concern.

The truth is, you are not forced to do anything, you are just limited to play BDO. I'm just being realistic. If you don't like it, write a petition or something, but flaming on forums... I guess it won't help.

I'm not defending anyone here, just stating the obvious.

I don't mind people from Baltic regions playing EU game with me, but I do mind "Russian cancer" and CYKA's and if they remove the border, or allow people to choose, shit is going to hit the fan faster then you think.

Also, SEA, Africa or any other region should get their own client. Just because you can understand or speak English doesn't mean all of you guys can, and, personally, I hate seeing retards from my own country not talking in english on public chats or even guild chats.

Well im from Moldova , i've played WOW for 6 years on EU servers, made alot of friends, and i wasn't limided buy IP block or something .... Blizzard had its own politics . No one was insulted or something we had a lovely comunity.But now i have to limit myself and go play a MMO game w/o friends and  even with no knowleage of russian language..........

Posted (edited)

Stop crying, sign petition

Edited by devour
1 person likes this

Posted

I can't really say for everyone, but even if they'll eventually get around to remove IP block like 2+ month after OBT/release then I'm not going to get myself on EU version, even if they move to F2P model (unless I'll get banana on JAP server), as I've mentioned in my previous post in this thread I'll start on JAP server (already have everything needed to start, but just shortly after B&S CBT2 end) so it would be kind of pointless to switch at that time, moreover someone would possibly take my name already (for instant just because of this post xD), not even to mention invested time.

But I agree with first part of your post, I don't even consider buying Blocked B2P access as an option.

P.S. To be fair - this whole situation just makes Daum EU look incompetent in my eyes, like if they couldn't say earlier...the list kinda differ a lot compared to first thread about allowed countries (and even this one probably wouldn't be posted up until the OBT/release if there weren't that many complains on forum about it), you'd expect to be able to play on EU server from EU (if opposite is not stated from the start).

Hopefully there will come out of shadow something like BDO but with proper flagging (like La2) and proper non-target system (like C9) in the nearest time, because it's a bit sad after I've waited BDO EU for like 4 years.

I agree with most of it, except that the IP block might not be only DAUMs fault, but they could easily get license to the rest of the world knowing that there are no other publishers, im sure it would've been profitable... But its partly PA's fault aswell.

Well looking at the community even with the ip block removal i might not get it at all... I expected better for a b2p game...

Posted

Because both of you are new to using VPN technologies?

We're not. But VPN probably just means a lot more lag for her, and that she won't be getting support because she's not from the region. Not even sure if she'd be able to buy from the cash shop. Not worth it if it's buy to play.

Posted (edited)

Cmon Guys one more step!! to be a perfect game!! just add south america in NA servers and when south america servers are available we all merge to it so ALL WILL BE HAPPY!! :D

Edited by Silverhero

Posted

And remove baltic country IP block we part of Europe.

Posted (edited)

Oh really? Now Baltic states are Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. Let's take 5k players of each country buy BDO which I assume should be around 60 Euros then continue to spend 10 Euros on micro-transactions each month. That's 900,000+150,000*month> million. So yes, that makes up millions in the long run.

I'm so glad you didn't include their living expenses and their food expenses and everything else, and the fact that there's only a few here that are from those areas. So I don't think you speak for 5000 players from each of those countries when there isn't even a sign of 5000 players on these forums.

Don't understand this IP block thing you all are going crazy over. There's plenty of MMOs with IP blocks.

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

Below is a copy of a message I sent to the PM just now. Going to leave it here too in case anyone has something to add in open forum.

It's nice to see the update including Australia in your service area. But as a South African I'm still kind of left out here.

Although I am sad to see many other areas excluded from the "Territory" I am only sending this message in regards to the African region, because that is the only region I have the personal experience of living in.

I would like to ask:

• Is there any chance of Daum getting the rights to Africa before launch?
  • If not, is that due to PA holding out, or because Daum does not want to pay some price?

I would just like to make it very clear that the African region is not going to have it's own individual publisher, and that if PA sees fit to sell the region to some SEA or south american publisher, the customers here will not play, because Europe is the best possible region for Africans to play in, our internet is structured to have a good latency to europe (https://www.linx.net/images/lfa/SEACOM-map-large.jpg here is a map showing how our internet gets to europe.) 

I would like to urge you to consider including Africa in your umbrella, rather than turning away tens of thousands of customers that will not have any other alternative, or urge PA from your end, to understand that giving the rights for Africa to you is their best choice if they want to make a decent profit.

Below is the contents of an email I already sent to PA some days ago, although I am not sure if or when I will see a response from them, due to the language barrier.

Please if there are some kinds of concerns about the African region that Daum has simply not voiced yet, just ask me about it, because I can not understand why you would simply leave out a large region out that will never have, nor want it's own server; contains almost entirely english speaking gamers; and would not play on a server other than Europe.

Exactly my thoughts. As a Mauritian, i would rather play on EU servers than SEA servers since our ping to EU servers are roughly the same as South Africans and us being considered an Island being part of the African Continent. If PA is keeping the same mentality for every region, then it might be my country ends up not being on any list at all...