• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

service area Territory of Service - Updated 13.11.2015

902 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes they do, but when you pay with real money, less people will risk that for a bann...

That is true in theory, but gold seller companies are ready to take that risk.

Posted

Thank you for the clarification :)

Posted (edited)

Well the reason for the IP Block got nothing to do with lags, gold seller or anything. Its purely on their on this case si PA economic perspective, they want to sell this game to a publisher on the blocked region.

But imo, that will take some time, maybe around 2 years from now. And the problem is we want to play this game now. Most of us already wait this game when it was first launched on KR. its already been 2 years.

And that is a very lame excuse for an IP Block.

Im from Indonesia, and that is SEA region. I already play this game on KR, I got no lags there. But thats not the point. I want to play this game where I can understand what the majority people saying on the world chat, on the party, etc.

Yes they got international community on KR and Jap Servers, but there you go again - we mostly only communicate on the guild chat, and it feels so dull.

Edited by bJoseph
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well the reason for the IP Block got nothing to do with lags, gold seller or anything. Its purely on their on this case si PA economic perspective, they want to sell this game to a publisher on the blocked region.

But imo, that will take some time, maybe around 2 years from now. And the problem is we want to play this game now. Most of us already wait this game when it was first launched on KR. its already been 2 years.

And that is a very lame excuse for an IP Block.

Im from Indonesia, and that is SEA region. I already play this game on KR, I got no lags there. But thats not the point. I want to play this game where I can understand what the majority people saying on the world chat, on the party, etc.

Yes they got international community on KR and Jap Servers, but there you go again - we mostly only communicate on the guild chat, and it feels so dull.

I understand how feel you  ;)  but how feel when your country is geographically in Europe also is European Union and Euro Zone member and now they say your IP block...

Edited by Mindaugas

Posted

You know, nowdays the ipblocks are just a joke even a 5 years old can bypass them.

But still, if this was a free to play game i would understand the ip block, but its a buy to play game model, wich it shocks me because i rarely see buy to play games with region lock.

Also i would have understand the region lock if the regions that are locked would get their own publishers, but lets be honest no one will host this game in Africa or SA (Maybe SEA) but no chance for other regions.

Anyways im very dissapointed about what PA and Daum policys but it's okay we will see how this game will evolve after the hype is down.

Cheers

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

You know, nowdays the ipblocks are just a joke even a 5 years old can bypass them.

But still, if this was a free to play game i would understand the ip block, but its a buy to play game model, wich it shocks me because i rarely see buy to play games with region lock.

Also i would have understand the region lock if the regions that are locked would get their own publishers, but lets be honest no one will host this game in Africa or SA (Maybe SEA) but no chance for other regions.

Anyways im very dissapointed about what PA and Daum policys but it's okay we will see how this game will evolve after the hype is down.

Cheers

3. TERRITORIAL RESTRICTIONS

The Game is licensed by Daum Games Europe only for the Territory. The User may create an Account, access the Website and the Forums from anywhere in the world. However, the User may only access the Shop and the Game from the Territory. In the event the User acquired the Game from the Territory and then relocated outside of the Territory, the User will no longer be able to access the Game.

As I stated earlier I already play this game at KR and Jap, and im already very familiar with VPN.  KR didnt have IP block but you need a verified account and that need KSSN, as for Japan yes they got IP Block but we can skip that. But if you read the 3rd articles on BDO NA/EU ToU if they found out that, your account will be banned, and that is very risky for a B2P games.

Edited by bJoseph

Posted

Yeah well i doubt they will check everyday  who logged from where, and some people use vpn to improve their pings so yeah. But my point was not about the usage of VPN's but about the territory thingy that PA thinks that the countrys that are left out will have a publisher.

Cheers

Posted

Yeah well i doubt they will check everyday  who logged from where, and some people use vpn to improve their pings so yeah. But my point was not about the usage of VPN's but about the territory thingy that PA thinks that the countrys that are left out will have a publisher.

Cheers

Pa is dumd. None of the blocked regions will ever have a publisher.

Posted

Millions of Euro? From Baltic countries with average net salary of below 1000 Euro pr month?

I haven't even seen a single Baltic guild listed in the guild roster. Is there even a Baltic BDO community or a fan site?

What should DAUM EU fight for? A few players that just created multiply accounts to voice their dissatisfaction?

gts.thumb.jpg.312d0b51ce3532cb4db2da926c

Idk what u talking, im capable of spending lots of money on this game, so are many people from Baltic states, i know our salary is not much but we are not that "poor". Also if u calculate the amount of players that would buy the pack it would be pretty high amount of money already. There are probably no Baltic Guilds because most baltic people are going to play on International guilds atleast would have started there, but with this idiotic IP block its unlikely. Im half russian, living in Estonia. My mom is Russian/my grandpa but i cant understand russian for shit. So id rather play on EU server. Also people saying that "oh u can get the unoffical English patch" Why would i wanna do that? Why do i have to play with broken translations? The whole community is mostly Russian, not right now but when EU releases its going to be like that. That would leave me with russians and no english community playing the game alone.

Posted

To be honest, I don't get the reason behind the IP Blocks at all.

Daum is literally splitting up the whole playerbase, a lot of guilds and friends wanted to play together from different countries but they can't do this now since their teammates might be blocked from the EU/NA version. We're all on one planet and we should be able to enjoy our gaming session together instead of trying to bypass the ip block and being afraid of getting banned from the game any time soon.
Besides that, as mentoined already several times BDO will be a B2P game and there's a huge hype about BDO which should get used from the publisher as long as possible before it's calming down after the release. Barely any new MMORPG/Sandbox game is keeping up their playerbase to a nice amount of peeps, mostly every new game is struggling with it and Daum is hurting their own game before the release already. We don't need a bad reputation, feedback or hating posts.

Adding an IP block cos of the "gold sellers" would be a really bad idea just to lose hundreds of thousands players than trying to safe the ingame economy with another work around.
Excuses like "lag shields" or any other special stuff isn't a proper reason neither, it might be a fast combat gaming experience but it'll be possible to deal with a higher latency if they will even have higher ms..
VPN and WTFast won't be a solution for the long term players, the risk to get your account banned might be too high

I know a few people from Estonia, Isreal, Turkey and Lithuania who should play on the RU-version but can't even understand a single word of the russian language. Turn around question, would you like to play a game (in this case MMORPG) where you can't understand one word from their spoken language? It's quite important to be in touch with people ingame to trade, have a small talk, et cetera.

I would suggest, Daum trying to get the rights for the last countries around the world which are important and would like to play the game to help us all, to invest into them. Every single players is important for the BDO and important for the publisher/dev-team, we shouldn't lower the population before the release already.

Daum, please consider the IP block and might get rid of it, I'm sure it would be the best solution for all of us. If it's possible of course otherwise it would be a sad day for us when it isn't going to be changed till release. Removing the IP block after the release might be too late.

Tamarisk posted a really nice text regarding the IP block from African and I totally agree with him here:

Below is a copy of a message I sent to the PM just now. Going to leave it here too in case anyone has something to add in open forum.

It's nice to see the update including Australia in your service area. But as a South African I'm still kind of left out here.

Although I am sad to see many other areas excluded from the "Territory" I am only sending this message in regards to the African region, because that is the only region I have the personal experience of living in.

I would like to ask:

• Is there any chance of Daum getting the rights to Africa before launch?
  • If not, is that due to PA holding out, or because Daum does not want to pay some price?

I would just like to make it very clear that the African region is not going to have it's own individual publisher, and that if PA sees fit to sell the region to some SEA or south american publisher, the customers here will not play, because Europe is the best possible region for Africans to play in, our internet is structured to have a good latency to europe (https://www.linx.net/images/lfa/SEACOM-map-large.jpg here is a map showing how our internet gets to europe.) 

I would like to urge you to consider including Africa in your umbrella, rather than turning away tens of thousands of customers that will not have any other alternative, or urge PA from your end, to understand that giving the rights for Africa to you is their best choice if they want to make a decent profit.

Below is the contents of an email I already sent to PA some days ago, although I am not sure if or when I will see a response from them, due to the language barrier.

Please if there are some kinds of concerns about the African region that Daum has simply not voiced yet, just ask me about it, because I can not understand why you would simply leave out a large region out that will never have, nor want it's own server; contains almost entirely english speaking gamers; and would not play on a server other than Europe.

I hope DAUM is going to think about the community...

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree with most of it, except that the IP block might not be only DAUMs fault, but they could easily get license to the rest of the world knowing that there are no other publishers, im sure it would've been profitable... But its partly PA's fault aswell.

Well looking at the community even with the ip block removal i might not get it at all... I expected better for a b2p game...

You've missed my point, I haven't claimed that it is Daum EU fault, they're licensing what they think is good for them, in terms of money gain per price of country, or however the price is figured by PA in EU, in the end it is just business, the point was that they haven't announced block of EU countries from start, and I'm like 99% sure that they knew all the countries blocked by agreement right after they got rights for EU publishing, and you would expect to play EU from EU if otherwise is not stated, moreover they later on announced Turkey block only, so like I was still waiting it, and as I previously mentioned - if there were no complains on forum (the exact reason why this thread was started) I'd probably have to wait up until OBT/release, just to find out that I'll not be able to play on EU server(s). I personally don't have anything against their decision, but they could clarify it a bit earlier, at least they did it before founder packs (or smth else involving money and access)...

Edited by KAMIKADzE

Posted (edited)

I often don't think these things are thought out very well. So here goes, why I think IP Block should stay.

1. Why not just have players report abusive remarks made by others so it goes to an actual dev/gm that mediates the game rather than have one online or a system that reviews it and just auto bans them from said chat. Then there's the whole "oh but everyone just abuses the report system" well that's why it flags racist remarks by automation. I'm sure if they can censor the word fuck i'm sure they can censor other things or have it server detected. The game region is NA/EU, the affiliated languages have already been stated; English, French and German, if people can't follow that what makes you think a GM can encourage any of that. Language isn't prohibited but the world chat shouldn't be flooded with any language apart from the 3 mentioned previously. With an IP Block that's an extra barrier against an extra mix of x languages into the chat itself. And lets be honest even with an IP Block people are still going to use VPN anyways, it's the fact they have to pay something to play it. If it was free I bet half the threads about IP block wouldn't even exist on this forum.

2. You said black gold is purchased on the cash shop and via player trading which I assume is bought by Gold by how you've worded it. So what generates it apart from Gold? Having devs also manage it and balance it like its a stock makes no sense whatsoever in an applicable and practical environment considering if you expect the devs to make content for RU, JP, KR, and NA/EU BDO because there's only one Pearl Abyss.

3.Peer to peer hosting is the most horrible thing. This would only work on the assumption everyone has great network. If there's only one person then guess what? That person needs to be online when everyone needs a host, if they aren't on guess what no one does anything. I've played many other MMORPGs, Vindictus is Peer to Peer hosting and I swear I can wear garbage gear and host 8 man raids no problem, its because I can host is why I can get away with wearing shitgear in a level 90 s3 raid. Then you have other people joining someone else who's region is miles away and everyone else is lagging at latencies of 300-500ms ping only to be frustrated and complaining wtf is going on and why is it peer2peer, just like Vindictus with people who play with a VPN host, everyone drops to 1 bar, with a game that requires reaction times of 0.25-0.78 seconds of reaction that lag and latency is a death sentence to your char. BDO plays just as much with small windows. So again, opening the doors to every region bad idea.

Well, You are half right. It doesn't take much Thought to play  few other games and see what works. But, then again it works so then someone must have put much thought into it. It still stand to argue That The IP Block "MUST" be removed!

1.    If a GM is actually in game it creates Presents towards a community that respects the developer and Moderator who responsible for this master piece of a Game. Just reporting and waiting around fora  box to pop up " you got mail"  with a few bubble chit chat  back and forth to get the issue resolves is effective yes but not as appealing to fans. This abusive behavior can depreciate the game in value by hurting the community with it's toxicity and can be damage controlled to an extent promoting communal ties and plunge players in to immersion. Filters for profanity again is mechanical, like cross out words in the dictionary that are not allowed to be use are far as your concerned. After this little debacle of Shut out selected parts of the world (as how we do see it.) Respect will be plentiful when regarding the in game GM request for the Languages above to be use.

2. Sorry i fumbled on this one. You were to use actually cash to buy "Black Gold" (U.S.D. Vs K.Y.D. , 0.84 cent Vs 1 dollar respectively = win for me )and yes i expect Pearl Abyss to push out content "fast pace" in order to make Money it is a business you know ;) . I don't think it is as painful as you lead other to believe. I Modeled  a Katana in 1 and a half hours collective first time. (After watching 5 hours of Bender tutorials lol)

3. Yes.... I forgive you for this one. I really can't believe you use vindictus (for someone who "played many other MMORPGs") as an game example for measures of how a MMOs should catering to the rest of the world playing on that client and having failed. Really?.........Really, I am Shocked with your example. I will have to be quick with these one because this mention fills me with a certain level of Toxicity. But, take Warframe for example and how they are managing well the latency hurdles, there are improvements to be made but guess what.... They are actually  trying to Catering to the rest of the world. Vindictus is simply does not cater to other Demogs. especial to Africa  and South america. I can not imagine The Creators of Vindictus saying. "We're going to Push peer to peer hosting and improve and excel in this game design by blocking the whole outside world.( Thumbs up) smiley face" I am sure yield is short coming on grandeur scale.

Maybe you should reconsidering the whole Opening the doors up is a bad idea and Play many "MANY" other MMORPGs. It Still stands to reason and  toargue that Black Desert "MUST" Remove the IP blocks. These kinds of issues are not new and can be dealt with appropriately wide the Targeted geographical Demo graphical Group for more potential Profit. If they are worried that black desert might fail. They should simple invest in Advertising and Public Relations. Get some Celebrities to help campaign  E.g " i am Nicki Minaj and.. i.....am a Giant Berserker! ;D LOL!! That would work %100 GG Guaranteed. ;D........ No no not her Lord sake no.

Edited by Evangilion
Placing of Quote

Posted

Also to be blocked: 
LATVIA, LITHUANIA, ESTONIA

what? European players now need vpn to play on eu servers? I will be sure to support other companies with my money then.

3 people like this

Posted

-snip-

Totally agree with you, the Korean version of the game was IP Blocked, after a while they saw their population going down and stuff, they lifted the IP block for people around the world to play, I don't see why Daum is taking such a risk with this version. also to mention the B2P Model and IP Block? wtf lol, they are just driving their game into a grave hole, for those selfish people who is just hating on this thread because their country is not blocked and saying that there's not much players from the blocked areas, well the petition and the amount of discrimination that is going around the forums right now proofs that people don't want the IP blocks, 3 thousand people already signed the petition and its on its way to 4 thousand, and not to mention the people that will not buy the game due to this restrictions because they simply want to play games that can be shared with their friends and hey their friends are IP blocked, this is a messed up way to drive the whole community into a nutshell in my opinion, and they should have already posted about this when the game was in its alpha stage and not to actually market the game as its going to be a global game when half of the world is IP blocked it shows how the company it self is unprofessional.

Making other channels for players from other countries ? what the? It's like saying OH! we can't get Black people into the the main Eu servers, we will just get them their own channel, as a person from the un-listed countries, I will never! ever, pay for such a company that divides player-base around, also I am not going to use a VPN, this is not a free2play game, I refuse to pay for a company that doesn't treat me as their customer even if it means only giving them One dollar!.

Most of the countries that was un-listed doesn't have an actual Publisher and is blocked on the BDO RU, South Africa and Middle east? I am personally from Israel, Korean is not even considered a language around here and we have nothing to do with the Korean version of the game as for the Russian version, well we're blocked there. 

At first I believed in this company of how the communication were and how you treated it us first in the alpha stages but this has gave me the conclusion and the impression that this company has no future for this game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well here's my view on things:
1. Language barrier : Seriously, they're gamers. It's safe to assume tha most of these players will know how to communicate. Why? There's a high chance they've been playing games for a long while, since BDO requires a good computer and is also buy to pay, which means that the players who will buy this are serious gamers. People can actually learn english from games (I've learned english by gaming ), so they probably learned english by now. Also, english is a mandatory discipline at school in SA. In fact, you'd have even more english speaking players if they lift the IP Block, increasing the player to player interaction. Sure, a very small percentage won't be able to communicate properly, but you can just choose to ignore him, it's that easy. So I don't really see this a problem. 

2. Gold sellers : Sorry, IP Block won't stop them. A proper management, a community that doesn't buy stuff from them and in-game systems (such as player to player trade removal) will. 

3. Latency issues : I've been playing MMOs in NA server since I started gaming. I'm from SA, and never had a ping over 200ms. This ping won't be enough to give you disadvantage. Sure, the combat is fast paced, but me and my friends have played games that the combat is even faster (c9) and had no problems in PvP. My ping in BDO RU is 311 ms ( I live in South America ) and its still playable. Of course, in NA my ping would be even lower.

Even though these aren't the reasons for IP Block, some players seem to be supporting the IP Block because of these 3 reasons. That's why I took the time to write this, I hope you can change your mind <3 xD .

Oh, and guys,  do not forget to sign the petition to lift the IP Block ! >  https://www.change.org/p/daum-games-europe-remove-ip-block-from-black-desert-online-na-eu-servers?recruiter=421055246&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Edited by Hywel

Posted (edited)

Well, You are half right. It doesn't take much Thought to play  few other games and see what works. But, then again it works so then someone must have put much thought into it. It still stand to argue That The IP Block "MUST" be removed!

1.    If a GM is actually in game it creates Presents towards a community that respects the developer and Moderator who responsible for this master piece of a Game. Just reporting and waiting around fora  box to pop up " you got mail"  with a few bubble chit chat  back and forth to get the issue resolves is effective yes but not as appealing to fans. This abusive behavior can depreciate the game in value by hurting the community with it's toxicity and can be damage controlled to an extent promoting communal ties and plunge players in to immersion. Filters for profanity again is mechanical, like cross out words in the dictionary that are not allowed to be use are far as your concerned. After this little debacle of Shut out selected parts of the world (as how we do see it.) Respect will be plentiful when regarding the in game GM request for the Languages above to be use.

2. Sorry i fumbled on this one. You were to use actually cash to buy "Black Gold" (U.S.D. Vs K.Y.D. , 0.84 cent Vs 1 dollar respectively = win for me )and yes i expect Pearl Abyss to push out content "fast pace" in order to make Money it is a business you know ;) . I don't think it is as painful as you lead other to believe. I Modeled  a Katana in 1 and a half hours collective first time. (After watching 5 hours of Bender tutorials lol)

3. Yes.... I forgive you for this one. I really can't believe you use vindictus (for someone who "played many other MMORPGs") as an game example for measures of how a MMOs should catering to the rest of the world playing on that client and having failed. Really?.........Really, I am Shocked with your example. I will have to be quick with these one because this mention fills me with a certain level of Toxicity. But, take Warframe for example and how they are managing well the latency hurdles, there are improvements to be made but guess what.... They are actually  trying to Catering to the rest of the world. Vindictus is simply does not cater to other Demogs. especial to Africa  and South america. I can not imagine The Creators of Vindictus saying. "We're going to Push peer to peer hosting and improve and excel in this game design by blocking the whole outside world.( Thumbs up) smiley face" I am sure yield is short coming on grandeur scale.

Maybe you should reconsidering the whole Opening the doors up is a bad idea and Play many "MANY" other MMORPGs. It Still stands to reason and  toargue that Black Desert "MUST" Remove the IP blocks. These kinds of issues are not new and can be dealt with appropriately wide the Targeted geographical Demo graphical Group for more potential Profit. If they are worried that black desert might fail. They should simple invest in Advertising and Public Relations. Get some Celebrities to help campaign  E.g " i am Nicki Minaj and.. i.....am a Giant Berserker! ;D LOL!! That would work %100 GG Guaranteed. ;D........ No no not her Lord sake no.

1. Name me 3 mmorpg's that have this currently, is well-known and is succeeding and I will go check them out right away to see if it's real.

2. Just so you know their cash shop currency is called Pearls. Fast content doesn't mean quality content, just because you can model a katana in 1 and a half hours doesn't mean you also UV'ed it or textured it or normal map sculpted it on top of implementing it into the game's engine and making sure it validates with the code and is tested and attached to the correct skinned joint of a character or baked any displacement maps to perfect it nor did you do any lightmaps and different diffuse maps on it either. So until you get all that done I don't think you know what asking for fast content means, and I'm sure this is only the brunt of it because what I've just illustrated is only mostly the ART side of things.

3. Vindictus having failed? They've been alive for 5 years and have continuous updates on content. Last i remember any game that keeps adding content in consistent time periods isn't failing or dying. Actually I don't know of another game like Vindictus that does push and excel in its game design. It is purely a PvE game but the bosses all have different mechanics. So yea that's what's kept it alive. Your original point was to enable peer to peer hosting, I gave an example using Vindictus as why that's horrid in an Open World Game and illustrated the frustration that would come with it for users whom I assume would play on a VPN. Myself included in the frustration should peer2peer be a thing in BDO. You've responded in something way out of context.

Maybe I shouldn't reconsider the whole opening the doors up, Tree of Savior even has IP block and that game is huge. Over 300k keys registered on the NA version with over 124k players on daily in a closed beta test in 1 REGION. IP blocks because they are opening their own regions in other parts of the world once they find a publisher. Devilian Online same thing just not in same quantities in players. Blade N Soul itself has IP blocks and multiple regional publishers, quite possibly Black Desert's largest competitor. DotA2 no KR publisher, Ghost in the Shell Online same thing IP block, Monster Hunter Online IP block, Phantasy Star Online 2 IP Block, TERA IP Block. And you know what I still encounter people on VPNs anyways in those games.

This isn't part of some xenophobe i'm expressing here, IP block is a result of generally segregation and greed of businesses to loot money from multiple sources if they can. It only makes sense of an IP block if the game is heavily required for co-operation and requires low lag rates with party members but BDO doesn't have any of that nor encourages it which is why I say Peer to Peer hosting would be horrible. Someone earlier said my lag shield example is a poor excuse, it's like these people play on 1ms ping or something and think its perfectly fine to have 1000ms delay and they know exactly what's happening around them in full sync like lag didn't exist to them or something. In a MOBA game where lag isn't even as dependent as an FirstPersonShooter a single death or repeated feeding to enemy team is a compounded problem that will come chomp your ass just because your hero didnt' respond to move out of the aoe due to a 0.5second lag delay(500ms), it's like they're telling me playing with 1000ms is the same as playing with 50ms in BDO. Highly doubt it.

FF14:ARR and FFXI are excellent examples of no ip block and have automated translation in chat and have done right but also have servers in all those regions accordingly and they also have a f**kton of money behind them and it helps that Square Enix is already a global publishing presence. whereas Daum games is not. EVE Online is one of the oldest pay to play games with a steady increase of players and no ip block because simply the game doesn't require it, everybody bands together in their own guild with their own languages and plays it, and it's not fast paced and if huge wars occur the server itself slows down to keep everything up to sync, you can't do that with BDO I dont' want to be punching someone midway through a guild war and siege just to suddenly have my FPS slow-mo'ed down to 2fps just to have this one fight stretch from what should've been 40 minutes to 6 hours just to make sure everyone's sync.

You're not very good at providing many MMORPGs that have their doors wide open with no restrictions either apart from just throwing warframe out there.

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

1. Name me 3 mmorpg's that have this currently, is well-known and is succeeding and I will go check them out right away to see if it's real.

Now i dont know 3 for sure, but Guild wars 2 is a perfect example, and i use it since that game follows the same B2P model as BDO.

Even after the core game going F2P, there are hardly any gold sellers, hackers and annoying players. Guild wars2 is not IP blocked anywhere, it has sold 7 million copies, and you can hardly find any gold spammers. Personally during this 6months i played it i didnt see  A SINGLE ONE OF THEM, and i played quite a lot. I dont know whats so difficult for BDO team if gw2 can easily solve it with that many players...

And using p2p connection in 2015 is just plain dumb and pointless....

2 people like this

Posted

Now i dont know 3 for sure, but Guild wars 2 is a perfect example, and i use it since that game follows the same B2P model as BDO.

Even after the core game going F2P, there are hardly any gold sellers, hackers and annoying players. Guild wars2 is not IP blocked anywhere, it has sold 7 million copies, and you can hardly find any gold spammers. Personally during this 6months i played it i didnt see  A SINGLE ONE OF THEM, and i played quite a lot. I dont know whats so difficult for BDO team if gw2 can easily solve it with that many players...

And using p2p connection in 2015 is just plain dumb and pointless....

Guild Wars 2 developers ArenaNet always had good solutions dealing with those problems since Guild Wars 1 day and yes it is one of the only MMOs I know of with active moderating GMs. I wouldn't expect anything less from the ones who started Battle.net and the early glory days of Blizzard Entertainment. I can't expect BDO to pull off the same standards since they have no track record. GW2 is also the only MMO I know where server maintenance occurs while the game doesn't need to be shutdown for its own servicing.

Posted

Guild Wars 2 developers ArenaNet always had good solutions dealing with those problems since Guild Wars 1 day and yes it is one of the only MMOs I know of with active moderating GMs. I wouldn't expect anything less from the ones who started Battle.net and the early glory days of Blizzard Entertainment. I can't expect BDO to pull off the same standards since they have no track record. GW2 is also the only MMO I know where server maintenance occurs while the game doesn't need to be shutdown for its own servicing.

This is  why people can't Have anything good. Waframe, Gw2 and World of Warcraft good lawd  Everquest, Everquest 2? Dc online? no?  These are some of the good mmorpgs for it's day. Present and pass. /sigh. I understand you are worried about your Ping. But you know what you will be fine. BDO, with enough Support from fans, Development and management it will rival all other mmorpgs. You need to expect more from BDO to see Pearl abyss' baby grow in that Long awaited Wow killer. Large MMORPG monsters don't just appear over night. The are Born, raised to adulthood and Crafted in Killers :L WoW killers Everquest killers. Support The Cause and let BDO become that monster MMORPG. Don't tell Pearl Abyss that their baby can be Strong. Encourage them to push hard, you know why? Because we the fans are behind them pushing with our dollars waiting and want BDO to Reign over the MMO genre.You know what all the above have in common with themselves? They Believe in themselves! and their Fans do too! (for give the role play tone, feelings on the Sleeves now) . If BDO harness this Momentum, i am almost afraid  how much BDO will effect my life. STOP DOUBTING BDO! They Can Deal with the issues face them if they were to lift the IP Block. Trust in them not my words.  I personally love skins for my character, if PA can Push out 15 good skins a month at a equivalent of $5 USD per Skin and  can be traded  i can tell you from right now i am there. take my MONEY!!! got collect'em all Seriously

Posted

This is  why people can't Have anything good. Waframe, Gw2 and World of Warcraft good lawd  Everquest, Everquest 2? Dc online? no?  These are some of the good mmorpgs for it's day. Present and pass. /sigh. I understand you are worried about your Ping. But you know what you will be fine. BDO, with enough Support from fans, Development and management it will rival all other mmorpgs. You need to expect more from BDO to see Pearl abyss' baby grow in that Long awaited Wow killer. Large MMORPG monsters don't just appear over night. The are Born, raised to adulthood and Crafted in Killers :L WoW killers Everquest killers. Support The Cause and let BDO become that monster MMORPG. Don't tell Pearl Abyss that their baby can be Strong. Encourage them to push hard, you know why? Because we the fans are behind them pushing with our dollars waiting and want BDO to Reign over the MMO genre.You know what all the above have in common with themselves? They Believe in themselves! and their Fans do too! (for give the role play tone, feelings on the Sleeves now) . If BDO harness this Momentum, i am almost afraid  how much BDO will effect my life. STOP DOUBTING BDO! They Can Deal with the issues face them if they were to lift the IP Block. Trust in them not my words.  I personally love skins for my character, if PA can Push out 15 good skins a month at a equivalent of $5 USD per Skin and  can be traded  i can tell you from right now i am there. take my MONEY!!! got collect'em all Seriously

I wish I could have that attitude, so far there's been mostly silence from Daum/PA regarding NA/EU BDO on their official site here and 1 image post of new facial templates on their FB. I always have a bad feeling when I read someone else claiming x mmo is the WoW killer. I always tell people WoW is going to kill itself, so stop jinxing every other MMO. Doubt is good, it should drive more concrete transparency and excellence out of a product than blindly accepting. The only thing I have 100% confidence about BDO is actually its graphics, bar none to all other mmo's currently, however everything else is up for debate until more information comes forward.

Posted

I will believe in PA once they remove ip blocks. No ip block mmo reached a million playerbase EVER. Without ip block it got a chance

Posted

If vindictus and other Titles do not Lift their Ip block. BDO gets  all the Players who are into these types of title. I can see a Revenue Bottle Neck will most definitely happen and PB DAUM will reap a good bounty. That sounds like a good idea. One AAA title out there that is open to the whole world to play.  Why is it IP block again? ah... i remember. But, i know someone can agree with me that a bottle neck can happen. Its a good idea to open up the IP block, Imagine the possibilities Guys. New content monthly :}

Posted

Huh!?

European Union Country - Estonia to be IP blocked? The game will be unavailable for 3 Euro/Baltic countries - Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania?

I'm Estonian and i don't even understand Russian letters (yes, translators are also bad). I don't want to be forced to play there... because of some arbitrary reasons.

Estonia's population is roughly 3/4 out of all people (1/4 being Russian pop).

Please rethink this business decision and don't add such a harsh restrictions on us. Don't generalize people because big brother Russia is right next to us. With that logic Russia's neighbour country Finland should be also blocked but i don't see their name on the red-list.

=(

6 people like this

Posted

Africa or any other region should get their own client. Just because you can understand or speak English doesn't mean all of you guys can, and, personally, I hate seeing retards from my own country not talking in english on public chats or even guild chats.

Africa is never going to have it's own client, its never going to have its own server. So please don't talk about things that aren't going to happen and that the people concerned don't even want to happen.

In over 20 years living in South Africa, a country in which we have 12 official languages; I have never -NOT ONCE- met a single person that cannot communicate in English, can you say the same thing about Europe?

Do you think we're going to come to BDO and start speaking ZULU in all chat? Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not going to happen, gamers here speak english.

Central Africa? Oh no, are they going to plague your European server by speaking French?

Egypt? I've seen plenty of Egyptians in games that speak English far more fluently than most Europeans that speak English as a second language.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What the hell, why is Estonia (1 of the Baltic countries) being banned from _EUROPE_ ? We are in European Union, the fact that theres so many russians living in Estonia, doesn't make us russians. We have our own mother tongue whats called _estonian_ so.. why such harsh IP bans for wanting to join _European_ servers?

Hell Blizzard has European servers where we can play fair and square. We don't want to play in Russian servers.

Please recosider lifting IP ban from Estonia.

Edited by Stuffy
6 people like this