• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

service area Territory of Service - Updated 13.11.2015

902 posts in this topic

Posted

Our Service Territory will consist of:

Europe 

EUROPEAN UNION

Also to be blocked: 
LITHUANIA

So awesome, live in EU and expect to play on EU server... but no they force me to play on RU where I don't event understand anything in game as everything is in cyrylica...

i definitely agree 

who da hell decided that Lithuania goes to Russia location 

noone uses cyrillic on our PC's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its almost the same as you put as to China or Japan  location !!!!!!!!!!!

and last i heard i live in EUROPE not asia 

i really want to try this game but if i m forced to choose RU you get big X from me and i guess from other 95% players from Lithuania

hope u fix this 

4 people like this

Posted

Let me put it in terms that the money grubbing execs can understand. GameNet is not going to get a single penny from us. We don't understand Russian. Their client and community is as incomprehensible to us as the Korean or Japanese ones. We're not going to be playing there, so there is absolutely no reason to lock us on their server and keep us blocked from the European one. GameNet doesn't stand to lose or gain anything from us, however, Daum EU is going to lose millions. All these people who were prepared to throw a lot of money at them, they just showed them the middle finger. More importantly, It's not just the money they stand to lose, but also respect, reputation and trust. 

I urge you to allow players from Baltic States to play on both the Russian and the European server, and to let us choose where we want to play and spend our money. We're not Russia. We're not a member state of the Commonwealth of the Independent States like the opening post seems to imply, by lumping us together with those countries. The very fact that we are the only countries of European Union to be excluded from the EU server and to be added to Russian server as if we're still part of Russia, is incredibly offensive, ignorant and upsetting. 

I spent 2000 euro's on a new computer to play this game, now I am completely lost and crushed. If this situation is not rectified and someone doesn't apologize for causing this huge mess and potentially causing millions of euros worth of loss to their company, I will never trust these companies nor play anything they release. IP blocks are a silly idea to begin with, especially if used incompetently like in this situation, but to block European countries from entering European server is something unheard, utterly moronic and unjust. 

^This!

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish I could have that attitude, so far there's been mostly silence from Daum/PA regarding NA/EU BDO on their official site here and 1 image post of new facial templates on their FB. I always have a bad feeling when I read someone else claiming x mmo is the WoW killer. I always tell people WoW is going to kill itself, so stop jinxing every other MMO. Doubt is good, it should drive more concrete transparency and excellence out of a product than blindly accepting. The only thing I have 100% confidence about BDO is actually its graphics, bar none to all other mmo's currently, however everything else is up for debate until more information comes forward.

THIS... 

What ppl also dont realize, WoW and Blizzard can release something like WoW 2 at any give time (more or less) and give players huge quality game that is sub based... WoW will never die, unless blizzard decides its time for it to do so. 

All this talk about mmo X or Y bein a WoW killer is just stupid :D ... WoW will outlive us all (or WoW 2 :D ) ..

Posted

Has the release date for NA/EU been released or be released anytime soon?

Posted

Has the release date for NA/EU been released or be released anytime soon?

Nah, keep waiting

Posted (edited)

i definitely agree 

who da hell decided that Lithuania goes to Russia location 

noone uses cyrillic on our PC's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its almost the same as you put as to China or Japan  location !!!!!!!!!!!

and last i heard i live in EUROPE not asia 

i really want to try this game but if i m forced to choose RU you get big X from me and i guess from other 95% players from Lithuania

hope u fix this 

I fell u man i still cant believe they Ip block us. Leaving no option but for Baltic to play at servers where we will never get any support from GameNet and will need to play game with language larges part of players in Baltic do not  understand . 

(Latvian here)

Edited by mrDeo
typo
1 person likes this

Posted

what about asia (INDONESIA) please dont block ip region Indonesia (;´Д`)

Posted (edited)

If vindictus and other Titles do not Lift their Ip block. BDO gets  all the Players who are into these types of title. I can see a Revenue Bottle Neck will most definitely happen and PB DAUM will reap a good bounty. That sounds like a good idea. One AAA title out there that is open to the whole world to play.  Why is it IP block again? ah... i remember. But, i know someone can agree with me that a bottle neck can happen. Its a good idea to open up the IP block, Imagine the possibilities Guys. New content monthly :}

HAHA wishful thinking, BDO will most likely take all its players from C9 to be the only likely possibility, and from what I know most Vindictus players hated C9 others tried TERA left and went back others went to coreblaze left and went back, some tried blade n soul didn't fit that market either,

So I doubt BDO will have any appeal except to Vindictus individuals who are looking for a different game to play considering they'd be going from PvE elitsm straight into PvP elitism and be bored out of their skulls from the mindless mobs(which I've already expressed as concerns that this fast-paced fighting game could use much better monster A.I.).

You say it like it's gospel or something "if they don't lift their IP block BDO soaks in everything o0o0o0o0o" no not really. No game in history has ever had that benefactor occur from lifting an IP block just because everyone else is on an IP block. The ones that did just get overloaded, suddenly have server problems and a mass discord occur in the community and a huge split which ironically is what the IP block already does, removing it does much the same when other versions of the game are available elsewhere not to mention CONFLICT of INTEREST for PA itself and all its licenses in other regions. BDO won't get all the players when Blade N Soul already took a portion of it. Much like how some have gone to try Blade N soul and don't like it either and is simply waiting for BDO like myself.

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

HAHA wishful thinking, BDO will most likely take all its players from C9 to be the only likely possibility, and from what I know most Vindictus players hated C9 others tried TERA left and went back others went to coreblaze left and went back, some tried blade n soul didn't fit that market either,

So I doubt BDO will have any appeal except to Vindictus individuals who are looking for a different game to play considering they'd be going from PvE elitsm straight into PvP elitism and be bored out of their skulls from the mindless mobs(which I've already expressed as concerns that this fast-paced fighting game could use much better monster A.I.).

You say it like it's gospel or something "if they don't lift their IP block BDO soaks in everything o0o0o0o0o" no not really. No game in history has ever had that benefactor occur from lifting an IP block just because everyone else is on an IP block. The ones that did just get overloaded, suddenly have server problems and a mass discord occur in the community and a huge split which ironically is what the IP block already does, removing it does much the same when other versions of the game are available elsewhere not to mention CONFLICT of INTEREST for PA itself and all its licenses in other regions. BDO won't get all the players when Blade N Soul already took a portion of it. Much like how some have gone to try Blade N soul and don't like it either and is simply waiting for BDO like myself.

Are you agreeing  with me then disagreeing? or Disagreeing with me and the agreeing with me? Which game ever lifted a IP Block in History worth playing??? This isn't New waters by lifting an Ip Block? Enlighten me. Oh great one :D

Posted

Are you agreeing  with me then disagreeing? or Disagreeing with me and the agreeing with me? Which game ever lifted a IP Block in History worth playing??? This isn't New waters by lifting an Ip Block? Enlighten me. Oh great one :D

Enlighten you with what it's all there in plain english.

Posted

sorry any examples?

Posted

Fine! Now you can take my money. 

Thank you BDO.

Posted

sorry any examples?

Examples? maybe you should provide some yourself before asking for any especially of how removing IP block helps anything when there's multiple versions of the game existing in other regions from a business standpoint and examples of MMOs that have done so with multiple regions published. Warframe ain't going to cut it boi, because that's its own 1 globally published game you don't have a KR/JP/RU/CN version of it. You also think all the people from vindictus and the other titles similar are looking for a game like BDO. Where in the world did that come from? Examples?
There were plenty of examples I mentioned stating why players from Vindictus in a majority won't come/stay to/on BDO because of stupid Boss/monster A.I. as mentioned in previous post, going in a f**king loop here because I'm talking to foolish. Don't get why you can't follow supporting evidence it's like talking to a brickwall at this point. You can just go venture into the What's your former games thread and a quick glance should speak a lot, and at this point it's almost possible you don't even know which thread I'm referring to. 
9_9

Posted (edited)

Oooook... So i live in Europe, but I can not play in EU server right??? Just awesome.. Oh wait, but you say i can still play with my friends on RU server??? Hell no, all my firends are from EU not from russia, so they can not play on RU server with me. And for your knowledge baltic sea region countreas do not speak russian language so you can forget the money from us... Not going to pay one dime just to be exploited and forced into a russian region.

What's next PA? Maybe add australia into RU server? Canada could go to Japan region. Germany could go to KR region and France could go to oceania.. I dont know who pulls the strings in your office.... But please, just please send him to some geography lessons next time.

Best of Luck with your "Lets reimagine world borders in RANDOM" project.

Edited by Gezas
2 people like this

Posted

I would like to add to the fire but not just random flames. I think there is no constructive reason to restrict players in EU, its not profitable nor is it ethical nor correct or even practical. You will only ignite hate and shite on Your otherwise unknown and uncared for game. Don't get me wrong I love Black Desert and think this is the best game and I will play it regardless ( am even playing currently in RU ) ; The EU NA will be B2P it seemed especially interesting to try this module, because I was going to dump eventually heaps of money into this, B2P and a cosmetics shop would have done the trick nicely. Unfortunately big executives think like cramped samurai with their executives cramping on.. their ..genitalia+? Nobody really cares of Your PATHETIC ip blocks that are just as effective as a plastic bag for car-glass. Say Hello to my little VPN ; You already have heaps of people playing this game through a shithole and You are missing out on money as well as more promo for Your company and products. Many people primarily want to play because of LANGUAGE right... but i know a lot of people who wanted to try the B2P module that already are playing on RU. I think even the KR players are interested how different region clients play. As i recall theres a different karma system currently from KR and RU ; Many people will play both if possible the buyable version in EU and the premium content RU stuff. Can You imagine what the fuck this is ?! ?! ?! You will be instaGabens. tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Posted

It's not profitable nor is it ethical nor correct or even practical, nor is it DAUM that placed those IP blocks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you joking? Latvia, Lithuania & Estonia is north European countries. Why the hell you block them?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pfff....Okay, I am from Lithuania (East of Europe) and can I get decent answer why I won't be able to play? Answer "Note: Countries that are excluded from EU/NA service due to the territory license agreement of the Russian service" is not  acceptable for me and I smell something fishy here. Is it because we (including other Baltic countries) were part of SSRS and we are included as Russians as well? Are we supposed to know Russian to play this game? Since Russian server does not provide English patch and English community Pearl Abyss will loose huge part of players... Well I do know Russian pretty well (was learning at school, because I chosen to learn Russian over German), but players there are racist to people from other countries and it makes unplayable for Eastern Europeans 

And to clarify once more, we are NOT part of Russia and our country works aside of USA by diplomatic means what I can not say about Russia and why are we put under their server?. And heck, I'm 21 years old and majority people of my age does not even know a single word in Russian.

I feel really offended to be put under Russia and want to say bad words about this, but trying to stay calm and wait for official answer.

EDIT: we are part of European Union as well, can I start going to court right now for  this stupid thing how I'm, member of European Union, can't play on Europe server and must go on Russian?

Edited by Spyroxion

Posted

Pfff....Okay, I am from Lithuania (East of Europe) and can I get decent answer why I won't be able to play? Answer "Note: Countries that are excluded from EU/NA service due to the territory license agreement of the Russian service" is not  acceptable for me and I smell something fishy here. Is it because we (including other Baltic countries) were part of SSRS and we are included as Russians as well? Are we supposed to know Russian to play this game? Since Russian server does not provide English patch and English community Pearl Abyss will loose huge part of players... Well I do know Russian pretty well (was learning at school, because I chosen to learn Russian over German), but players there are racist to people from other countries and it makes unplayable for Eastern Europeans 

And to clarify once more, we are NOT part of Russia and our country works aside of USA by diplomatic means what I can not say about Russia and why are we put under their server?. And heck, I'm 21 years old and majority people of my age does not even know a single word in Russian.

I feel really offended to be put under Russia and want to say bad words about this, but trying to stay calm and wait for official answer.

What is it that you dont understand the meanin  due to the territory license agreement of the Russian service"?

Go make petition to PA instead of making crap post about Russia.

Russia should be offended to have people like you under them.

Posted

It's not profitable nor is it ethical nor correct or even practical, nor is it DAUM that placed those IP blocks.

But it is Daum that has korean-speaking translators and a direct line of communication to PA. Noone is in a better position to speak to PA than Daum, and even with whatever petitions we throw at PA ourselves, it is not worth much without Daum's support.

Posted

What is it that you dont understand the meanin  due to the territory license agreement of the Russian service"?

Russia should be offended? are you braindead? How they managed to get license for European country in first place??

Posted

Do you have any idea how many hundreds of thousands people died in our country trough years of Soviet Union occupation? We even could have been killed back then if we had Lithuanian books in our home. We fall behind a lot in technology, science and in a lot of things due to occupation. We had to fight with blood to get our freedom back from Russia, we payed with blood and tears 25 years ago and you dare to say this?
Also we are part of European Union as I said before, we even have Euro as our currency and since our Independence we have English as our second language thought at school not Russian.

3 people like this

Posted

Posted (edited)

Russia should be offended? are you braindead? How they managed to get license for European country in first place??

Dear players,

"This is a follow-up statement in regards of the thread “Territory of Service”.
As many of you were confused by the ‘vague’ explanation before, we would like to update our post from before as follows with an exact listing of our service territory"

You braindead? Stop bringing up Euro country its about what territory they serve.

Do you have any idea how many hundreds of thousands people died in our country trough years of Soviet Union occupation? We even could have been killed back then if we had Lithuanian books in our home. We fall behind a lot in technology, science and in a lot of things due to occupation. We had to fight with blood to get our freedom back from Russia, we payed with blood and tears 25 years ago and you dare to say this?Also we are part of European Union as I said before, we even have Euro as our currency and since our Independence we have English as our second language thought at school not Russian.

Every country has it own tragedy, stop living in your own bubble and you still making crap post that have nothing to do with the license.

Again go make petitions instead wasting time here.

But it is Daum that has korean-speaking translators and a direct line of communication to PA. Noone is in a better position to speak to PA than Daum, and even with whatever petitions we throw at PA ourselves, it is not worth much without Daum's support.

PA office have plenty of people to read english petitions! Going through Daum will be a hell of process consider if theres plenty of petitions.

Your petitions are worth much if you guys just gather up all to make a difference.

Edited by iChan

Posted (edited)

Do you have any idea how many hundreds of thousands people died in our country trough years of Soviet Union occupation? We even could have been killed back then if we had Lithuanian books in our home. We fall behind a lot in technology, science and in a lot of things due to occupation. We had to fight with blood to get our freedom back from Russia, we payed with blood and tears 25 years ago and you dare to say this?Also we are part of European Union as I said before, we even have Euro as our currency and since our Independence we have English as our second language thought at school not Russian.

iChan is right.

burst Your bubble of nationalista x) and get petitions like we already have. Oceania already got their wish so its not too far fetched to guess we will get this too if we can keep it together and coordinated. Enough off topic with hurtful history and misleading nationalism. I would hope we can attract Daum and PA with other virtues than Your behaviour or similar folks like You.

Edited by Focusai