• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

service area Territory of Service - Updated 13.11.2015

902 posts in this topic

Posted

How do you know that?  Did they say it would be in Spanish anywhere?  I didn't see anything of the sort.

More easy to open a server for 5 countries (example) than 1.

Posted (edited)

Well so oceania was magically allowed in the license, out of nowhere? This is so weird... Or you guys had to contact PA and rearrange the license agreement ? I wish  you could have done the same for South America and South Africa. This is really sad. We DONT have publishers for a game like BDO. This is the only way we'll ever be able to play BDO... Fight for our region , too.

I'm happy for the Oceania people , though xD

And middle east too, PLEASE :D

Thanks Hywel :P

Edited by SkullProX
2 people like this

Posted

And middle east too, PLEASE :D

Edited. ;) 

2 people like this

Posted

what about middle east players? they will ever have a chance to play on EU servers?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Now server is gonna be filled with first world elitistic cunts. Rip 2nd world humble people.

My country isn't on that list for the record. I guess i'll be in the minority of humble and nice and cute people and we'll have to deal with swarms of rich aut and elitistic people

Edited by nevermind

Posted

I hope you find a solution for Middle East, South Africa and South America 

We really wanna play this masterpiece 

I'm happy for Oceania though :D

1 person likes this

Posted

That's good. 

The only sad thing is I can't play with my girl who's in Asia. *sigh*

Posted

That's good. 

The only sad thing is I can't play with my girl who's in Asia. *sigh*

Because both of you are new to using VPN technologies?

Posted (edited)

Dear players,

This is a follow-up statement in regards of the thread “Territory of Service”.
As many of you were confused by the ‘vague’ explanation before, we would like to update our post from before as follows with an exact listing of our service territory.

Our Service Territory will consist of:

·         Europe                                                                                

ALAND ISLANDS, ALBANIA, ANDORRA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM,  BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BULGARIA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FAROE ISLANDS, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GIBRALTAR, GREECE, GUERNSEY, HOLY SEE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ISLE OF MAN, ITALY, JERSEY, KOSOVO, LIECHTENSTEIN, LUXEMBOURG, MACEDONIA,  MALTA,  MONACO, MONTENEGRO, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, SAN MARINO, SERBIA, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SVALBARD & JAN MAYEN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

Territories under the sovereignty or administration of either of the above mentioned countries (despite their geographical location)

ANGUILLA, ARUBA, BONAIRE,SAINT EUSTATIUS AND SABA, BERMUDA, BOUVET ISLAND, BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY, CAYMAN ISANDS, CURACAO, CYPRUS, FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS), FRENCH GUIANA, FRENCH POLYNESIA, FRENCH SOUTHERN TERRITORIES, GREENLAND, GUADELOUPE, MARTINIQUE, MAYOTTE, MONTSERRAT, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, NEW CALEDONIA, SAINT BARTHELEMY, SAINT HELENA, SAINT MARTIN, SAINT PIERRE AND MIQUELON, SINT MAARTEN, SOUTH GEORGIA AND THE SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS

·         North America                                                                   

CANADA, MEXICO, UNITED STATES

Territories under the sovereignty or administration of either of the above mentioned countries (despite their geographical location)

AMERICAN SAMOA, GUAM, MARSHALL ISLANDS, FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA, NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS, PALAU, PUERTO RICO, UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS, VIRGIN ISLANDS

We are also happy to announce that we were able to find an agreement that we can service Australia, New Zealand and surrounding islands considered as part of Oceania.

·         OCEANIA                                                                           

AUSTRALIA, COOK ISLANDS, FIJI, KIRIBATI, NAURU, NEW ZEALAND, NIUE, NORFOLK ISLAND, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, PITCAIRN, SAMOA, SOLOMON ISLANDS, TOKELAU, TONGA, TUVALU, VANUATU

All countries not listed above will not be serviced and their IP will be blocked.

Note: Countries that are excluded from EU/NA service due to the territory license agreement of the Russian service:

Also to be blocked: 
RUSSIAN FEDERATION, ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, GEORGIA, KATAKHSTAN, KYRGYZSTAN, MOLDOVA, TAJIKISTAN, TURKMENISTAN, UKRAINE AND UZBEKISTAN, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, ESTONIA, TERRITORIES WITH LIMITED STATUS ABKHAZIA AND SOUTH OSSETIA

All territories above are in accordance with the agreement with the developer Pearl Abyss.
For any territory not mentioned above there may be different channels offered in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards

- Black Desert Online Team -

Oh my god, you just repeated a broken record.

So who's not in the list is ip blocked, that doesn't make any senses when you guys announce the game going be "buy 2 play" means region free to everyone expect those who got Black Desert in their home land, that's will make a lot of senses to buy the game not feeding fans extra PR bullshit, which clearly in https://www.blackdesertonline.com/en/legal/terms-of-use clearly said there will be region block, now it's more likely seems clear for me at least.

I am not a fanboy about this game, only fanboys going be feed be like "oh it make sense because of "ping"", nope you know that most of east europe ping to USA is like 180 ~ 200, but guess what they will be allowed to access your USA server :)

Define ping by measuring distances between two continent, basically I do predict for US their host will be in US virginia and EU French or Germany

I can't see any reason to block "ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, GEORGIA, KATAKHSTAN, KYRGYZSTAN, MOLDOVA, TAJIKISTAN, TURKMENISTAN, UKRAINE AND UZBEKISTAN, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, ESTONIA, TERRITORIES WITH LIMITED STATUS ABKHAZIA AND SOUTH OSSETIA"

That's doesn't make any sense because these blocked countries are not getting  a home land black desert and their ping is very smooth to French or Germany.

before any fanboy jump here and defend their beloved black desert, you just like sucking their bullshit and swallow it obviously.

Don't say oh they can use "VPN" bla bla bla, that doesn't make any good reason to use a 'free vpn that everyone use' that will be eventually blocked massive banned people with same ip they are going count it as 'boting', because that shows how retards they can be.

I am clearly here trying to say that they should resolve this with Pearl Abyss as they claim about agreement, mostly I know "Developers doesn't want block ip to x country or  what so ever, it's mostly from publisher side who doesn't want x country to play the game they publish"

Peace.

Edited by Mox
9 people like this

Posted

You cant seriously expect people to use VPN for a b2p game... for f2p okay BUT YOU PAY FOR THE GAME, WHY YOU VPN LOL-.-

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, from what I understand, that certain areas will be blocked, since the middle east + African countries weren't mentioned, does that mean that they'll be able to join and will not be blocked? 

2 people like this

Posted

Am I the one here that experiences terrible lag with VPNs ? My ping is a much higher with them. I've tried a couple programs, so could you tell me which one you use?

Posted

All I have to say is:

"I told you so".

Posted (edited)

Wait, from what I understand, that certain areas will be blocked, since the middle east + African countries weren't mentioned, does that mean that they'll be able to join and will not be blocked? 

"All countries not listed above will not be serviced and their IP will be blocked."

This means Africa and the middle-east are currently IP blocked.

Edited by Tamarisk
1 person likes this

Posted

All countries not listed above will not be serviced and their IP will be blocked

Middle east, SEA,Africa and any country is not listed above going have auto ip blocked.

Posted

Good news for Aussies i suppose, welcome guys. xD

For a moment i feared that they was going to allow the "cancer" to infect NA/EU servers.

Posted

and South America? 

Posted (edited)

You cant seriously expect people to use VPN for a b2p game... for f2p okay BUT YOU PAY FOR THE GAME, WHY YOU VPN LOL-.-

Oh really so what did most of the eu FF14 player do to reduce their ping to the server that were located in NA till they finally got one located in EU hm?
Also this game is f2p in 3 other regions call me ignorant but you have the options to NOT buy the game.

Am I the one here that experiences terrible lag with VPNs ? My ping is a much higher with them. I've tried a couple programs, so could you tell me which one you use?

I remember the small paid options for WTFast and Battleping to be rather okay when i played Tera NA for a while there is anothe free one that was pretty amazing forgot what its called will edit when i find it /v/ used it quite a lot.

Edited by Æîmy
1 person likes this

Posted

There are plenty of VPN Providers. Googling helps.

I'm not encouraging you to use VPNs since you might be banned because of it (it is not clear yet at this point), but VyprVPN is a good VPN provider with fast servers.

Posted

I'm not encouraging you to use VPNs since you might be banned because of it (it is not clear yet at this point), but VyprVPN is a good VPN provider with fast servers.

They should say if VPN are going to result in Ban or not >_>

Posted (edited)

Any info about south america? This is the only thing left I guess...

You guys should give us some news, there is already a hide PRIVATE SERVER for south america... MANY people will play that when it becomes ''public''...You won't find about the server since is only for a facebook group and its game related not black desert related (About 10k people in the group) I'm thinking about playing aswell, just give south america an answer before we all lose our hopes and play this private server. :)

edit: 16k people not 10k just checked, many people are hyped to play this private server :/

I wish as official

Edited by Jrocker

Posted (edited)

There is no good VPN at all, and I don't think that WTFAST is considered as VPN, but it magically works sometimes with games that were IP-BLOCKED.
My point is VPN= bad bad bad solution 
WTFAST= better than my internet connection when using it with different games I dunno why ?_?, and works with RUSSIAN IP-BLOCK, but it doesn't work for other IP-BLOCKED games such as
Vindictus. 

Edited by VicBoss

Posted

There is no good VPN at all, and I don't think that WTFAST is considered as VPN, but it magically works sometimes with games that were IP-BLOCKED.My point is VPN= bad bad bad solution 
WTFAST= better than my internet connection when using it with different games I dunno why ?_?.

cause of the so called magic of Trace Routes and routing in general.

1 person likes this

Posted

dam so close jet so far :c

will there ever be support for Cuba, Dominican Republic and Haiti. like we arent part of South America and aparently now we arent part of North america to.

Posted (edited)

Our Service Territory will consist of:

Europe 

EUROPEAN UNION

Also to be blocked: 
LITHUANIA

So awesome, live in EU and expect to play on EU server... but no they force me to play on RU where I don't event understand anything in game as everything is in cyrylica...

Seriously, what the hell, Lithuania is a long time member of European Union and you are telling that we are going to be blocked from european servers?

Edited by Ankou
Typo
10 people like this