• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

service area Territory of Service - Updated 13.11.2015

902 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Guys I understand your pain, but realize one thing:

Geographicly you are in Europe. In reality GameNet got your country by the balls in BDO... Any other game (like ArcheAge) is not Daum's or PA's concern.

The truth is, you are not forced to do anything, you are just limited to play BDO. I'm just being realistic. If you don't like it, write a petition or something, but flaming on forums... I guess it won't help.

I'm not defending anyone here, just stating the obvious.

I don't mind people from Baltic regions playing EU game with me, but I do mind "Russian cancer" and CYKA's and if they remove the border, or allow people to choose, shit is going to hit the fan faster then you think.

Also, SEA, Africa or any other region should get their own client. Just because you can understand or speak English doesn't mean all of you guys can, and, personally, I hate seeing retards from my own country not talking in english on public chats or even guild chats.

Sorry but some country in this list not only geographicly in Europe they also European Union member ¬¬

Edited by Mindaugas

Posted

May I ask, is middle east blocked?

Posted

Thanks for the update on the territories. Sad to see that some still are going to be IP blocked though. I hope these "other avenues" that they alluded to will get everyone in with good service. Congrats to those who thought they wouldn't get in, but now have confirmation that they are in. :)

Posted

"Falklans island" :D They r Argentina Territory... :P out of joke... well , Why not South America????? WHY, WHY?? All South America has alot of player w8ing for this game.. please think and let us enjoy the game.

Posted

Guys I understand your pain, but realize one thing:

Geographicly you are in Europe. In reality GameNet got your country by the balls in BDO... Any other game (like ArcheAge) is not Daum's or PA's concern.

The truth is, you are not forced to do anything, you are just limited to play BDO. I'm just being realistic. If you don't like it, write a petition or something, but flaming on forums... I guess it won't help.

I'm not defending anyone here, just stating the obvious.

I don't mind people from Baltic regions playing EU game with me, but I do mind "Russian cancer" and CYKA's and if they remove the border, or allow people to choose, shit is going to hit the fan faster then you think.

Also, SEA, Africa or any other region should get their own client. Just because you can understand or speak English doesn't mean all of you guys can, and, personally, I hate seeing retards from my own country not talking in english on public chats or even guild chats.

Well, that's incredibly stupid. No wonder mmorpg's are dying. Publishers nowadays are bumbling, greedy morons. 

Also, you clearly don't know Russians very well. If they wished to play on the NA/EU servers, they would have done so regardless of ip blocks, and they would bring their bots, their macro software, their in-game money sellers, their no-life "nagibotor" culture, their language and all other things you may know as "Russian cancer" with them to these servers. 

Posted (edited)

Millions of Euro? From Baltic countries with average net salary of below 1000 Euro pr month?

I haven't even seen a single Baltic guild listed in the guild roster. Is there even a Baltic BDO community or a fan site?

What should DAUM EU fight for? A few players that just created multiply accounts to voice their dissatisfaction?

gts.thumb.jpg.312d0b51ce3532cb4db2da926c

Yes, the comment about "losing millions of euros" is definitely exaggeration.

However, I think, what the worst part is that, why were the rights given to GameNet, a Russian company, in the first place when we clearly are not part of Russia. I understand it's not something that Daum EU decided. Apparently it was Pearl Abyss. We are just very disappointed that we are being thrown into the same region as Russia. I guess it's kind of the mentality of the baltic states. As we had to fight hard to get rid of russia in the first place, but now are being thrown back into the basket with them because internet has no "borders".

Edited by Mizzery

Posted

Sorry but some country in this list not only geographicly in Europe they also European Union member ¬¬

I know that, and some countrys (like mine) isn't but we still get to play the game... There are countrys on the list that aren't even countrys and they too get to play the game, but Baltic region is locked to GameNet... Period. Guys, write the petition, and I'll sign it...

Well, that's incredibly stupid. No wonder mmorpg's are dying. Publishers nowadays are bumbling, greedy morons. 

Also, you clearly don't know Russians very well. If they wished to play on the NA/EU servers, they would have done so regardless of ip blocks, and they would bring their bots, their macro software, their in-game money sellers, their no-life "nagibotor" culture, their language and all other things you may know as "Russian cancer" with them to these servers. 

I do know them, that is the reason I wrote that I don't like playing videogames with them. You stating that I don't know something is your oppinion not fact.

However, you did stated one true fact is that they are good exploiters, and I hope PA or Daum will manage to handle that...

Posted

The SEA MMORPG Players still waiting for the lift on our region.

Posted

Millions of Euro? From Baltic countries with average net salary of below 1000 Euro pr month?

I haven't even seen a single Baltic guild listed in the guild roster. Is there even a Baltic BDO community or a fan site?

What should DAUM EU fight for? A few players that just created multiply accounts to voice their dissatisfaction?

BDO hasn't been marketed well enough in this region, more accurately, it hasn't been marketed at all over here, which is why the game isn't that well known, however, we have some of the most dedicated and obsessed mmo players. Some word of mouth advertising and youtube videos could bring thousands of our players to this game. I am not just pulling numbers out of my ass. Look at how many Lithuanians have played and still play Lineage 2. That game has been a corpse for a very long time, and the only reason people are still playing it is because there isn't any better OWPVP mmorpg game. That could change with BDO, which is sort of a spiritual successor to Lineage 2. 

I am not sure if there's a baltic guild or a BDO community, but I doubt it matters that much when there are hardly any EU guilds and the existing EU communities are absurdly small. This game just hasn't made any noise in the world. A vast amount of veteran mmorpg players have given up on this genre. Some quit mmo's altogether, others switched to MOBA or FPS mmo's. If BDO won't fail like almost every single game since the release of EVE, WoW and Lineage 2, and actually gains success, I am sure we'll see a large surge of new players from all corners of the world, including the Baltics. 

Let me put it this way. There aren't that many OWPVP mmorpg's. Lineage 2 is the most successful and popular one. There are still thousands of people playing it to this day. BDO appeals to OWPVP and Lineage 2 fans. That's why there's a lot of old Lineage 2 players playing or looking to play this game. I don't know the numbers, but from what I have observed, I'd say that at least 30 to 50% of all BDO players have played Lineage 2 in past. Those numbers are even higher for Russian players. This game is likely going to absorb a lot of ex Lineage 2 players. Lithuania has one of the largest Lineage 2 communities. Now do the math. Who does Daum stand to gain from more, a few Irish or Czech players, or thousands of Baltic players looking for another mmorpg like Lineage 2? 

1 person likes this

Posted

"Falklans island" :D They r Argentina Territory... :P out of joke... well , Why not South America????? WHY, WHY?? All South America has alot of player w8ing for this game.. please think and let us enjoy the game.

Fortunately for the Falkland island they are a British territory so they can play all 3000 ish of them ^^

Posted

BDO hasn't been marketed well enough in this region, more accurately, it hasn't been marketed at all over here, which is why the game isn't that well known, however, we have some of the most dedicated and obsessed mmo players. Some word of mouth advertising and youtube videos could bring thousands of our players to this game. I am not just pulling numbers out of my ass. Look at how many Lithuanians have played and still play Lineage 2. That game has been a corpse for a very long time, and the only reason people are still playing it is because there isn't any better OWPVP mmorpg game. That could change with BDO, which is sort of a spiritual successor to Lineage 2. 

I am not sure if there's a baltic guild or a BDO community, but I doubt it matters that much when there are hardly any EU guilds and the existing EU communities are absurdly small. This game just hasn't made any noise in the world. A vast amount of veteran mmorpg players have given up on this genre. Some quit mmo's altogether, others switched to MOBA or FPS mmo's. If BDO won't fail like almost every single game since the release of EVE, WoW and Lineage 2, and actually gains success, I am sure we'll see a large surge of new players from all corners of the world, including the Baltics. 

Let me put it this way. There aren't that many OWPVP mmorpg's. Lineage 2 is the most successful and popular one. There are still thousands of people playing it to this day. BDO appeals to OWPVP and Lineage 2 fans. That's why there's a lot of old Lineage 2 players playing or looking to play this game. I don't know the numbers, but from what I have observed, I'd say that at least 30 to 50% of all BDO players have played Lineage 2 in past. Those numbers are even higher for Russian players. This game is likely going to absorb a lot of ex Lineage 2 players. Lithuania has one of the largest Lineage 2 communities. Now do the math. Who does Daum stand to gain from more, a few Irish or Czech players, or thousands of Baltic players looking for another mmorpg like Lineage 2? 

Bring facts&evidence instead of your crap from your observation.

Go make petition or something to PA.

Posted (edited)

Bring facts&evidence instead of your crap from your observation.

Go make petition or something to PA.

And you need to be toxic because? It's pretty logical, if you think about it. They don't speak russian and don't use the cyrillic alphabet. That means the game is not understandable on the RU server.

It's not about the numbers, but the fact that they don't belong to the RU region.

Edited by Opptur
2 people like this

Posted

''More news?'' What news? lol... Is also ilegal to play JP/RU/KR or any other server if you're not from that location... And well, its facebook group with no related content in its name, hidden, without website and anything, they only allow people from south america to join... Well I don't think they will get catch, neither other private servers, the admins are who give the download link and make you an account by request and they don't let everyone play yet... Well mostly like all private servers fail in the end but at least you can still play for while and enjoy the game, there are about 300 people online right now... Well even if they know about the only thing they will be able to do is to remove the download link, that can be replaced later... The admins are also facebook fake accounts lol... Is an old gamer group, no one will turn over them... Not sure about the brazilian server... Well I dislike the idea I might play it, vpn is not my thing, I won't be paying for something to play a game that I will leave later, and even if the vpn is free, the lag is real, the private server is fully free-to-play without cash-shop, I've be waiting for years already and bit tired of it like many people... Some people already pm me asking for the link lol... Won't give tho, its a rule in that facebook group to not do so... Anyway I might only play for fun, not invest too much time playing it... I'm just waiting some answer of daum/pearl abyss about south america before I give up and start playing it.

More news about our situation, just Like Oceania got their news we will get our news most likely, and yes just like in this for now, in KR/JP/RU its "ilegal" to play in there BUT the main and BIG difference is that they are the OFFICIAL servers, just like I can play an unofficial server like the one you said I just can do the very same on ther servers (wich is better, I even are in the main Latin America guild that has a good amount of people playing) and no, removing the download link won't do because there are going to be laws implied to it, If you are waiting years to play the game then your " I won't be paying for something to play a game that I will leave later" doesn't make sense at all I can play the RU version with my own connection without lag at all, you only need to use VPN before selecting the channel and that's it, you disconnect it and can keep playing, you are not the only one waiting for the official release you know that's why I started on BDO JP and then moved on to BDO RU so to say "VPN is not my thing" it's just an excuse.

Don't get me wrong, you can do w/e you want is your life, not our but this just can either be really bad for us or simply nothing will happen

Posted

The MOST upsetting thing I've heard...

Aussies wont be able to play with us in NA.

Where else am I gonna chill with some of the best people on earth.

1 person likes this

Posted

And you need to be toxic because? It's pretty logical, if you think about it. They don't speak russian and don't use the cyrillic alphabet. That means the game is not understandable on the RU server.

It's not about the numbers, but the fact that they don't belong to the RU region.

What am i being toxic about here?

Read his post before trying too be e-hero

The fact that he and you dont understand the meaning of "territory license agreement with Pearl Abyss"

As i stated before go make the difference by making petitions to PA, by pulling some crap from his ass about Lineage 2 here doesnt change a thing.

Posted (edited)

That language is the toxic thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about that region, but it's not right. This topic is opened for a reason, I guess. It's the official forum, so they will see, and if they see, maybe they change something. Even though this is Daum Europe, it's still Daum, and maybe they can try and renegociate their agreement with Pearl Abyss.

I still don't understand why those countries have been included in the RU region if they don't understand the language. That's the problem here.

I don't think you have been offended or disturbed by his try to change something, so what's the reason behind that language? Try to change your attitude. He is, mind you, actually right. Many of the old guilds that made the switch to Black Desert have played Lineage 2 in the past.

Edited by Opptur

Posted

YES AUSTRALIA! SO HAPPY! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Posted

The problem is not who got the licence to BDO in your country, but the IP block requested by DAUM. They knew your countries will be blocked, but they still did it.

Even with IP block, you would still be able to play the game, same way European and American players still play today in RU, KR, JPN version. So it's not like you will be locked from playing EU version.

A lot of players use WTFast today in different MMO's. It's not an illegal or banned program. It helps you improve your Ping in the game  and it's free.

So there is no need to worry.

Yeah as much I would like to use VPN with any software I will always have fear that my account could get banned, because I managed to find way to bypass service location. 
IP bans are stupid, alright I don't mind having them. Example RU can only play in RU, but countries what does not have native language russian even more so countries what are part of European Union, what uses Euro, what can't be more Europe as Europe possible - this is stupid. Hey why GameNet didn't get rights for Finland? They have same amount russian speaking people ... as Estonia / Latvia / Lithuania . Why Finish Euros are good and Estonian Euros are not ? 

I just spoke with my friends and they all feel same. They have no IP blocks, but because what is going on with my country they right now thinking if they should even play the game...

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah as much I would like to use VPN with any software I will always have fear that my account could get banned, because I managed to find way to bypass service location. 
IP bans are stupid, alright I don't mind having them. Example RU can only play in RU, but countries what does not have native language russian even more so countries what are part of European Union, what uses Euro, what can't be more Europe as Europe possible - this is stupid. Hey why GameNet didn't get rights for Finland? They have same amount russian speaking people ... as Estonia / Latvia / Lithuania . Why Finish Euros are good and Estonian Euros are not ? 

I just spoke with my friends and they all feel same. They have no IP blocks, but because what is going on with my country they right now thinking if they should even play the game...

I suggest you not to buy the game untill there is an ip block, and dont use vpn. Maybe if the profits are low their eyey will open and remove the ip block.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I suggest you not to buy the game untill there is an ip block, and dont use vpn. Maybe if the profits are low their eyey will open and remove the ip block.

It doesn't actually work like this. If the agreement prohibits players from that region joining the server, they can't do anything, or they will lose their license.

I don't think you should worry that much. They haven't banned foreign accounts on KR/JP or RU yet, so I don't think EU/NA will start doing this. It's exactly like Tera, where Gameforge (EU) and EnMasse (NA) had conflicts in the past because EU players moved to the NA server. All that EnMasse did was banning EU users on Steam, but they were still able to play using the launcher. I think this situation is pretty much similar.

Edited by Opptur

Posted (edited)

Oh really? Now Baltic states are Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. Let's take 5k players of each country buy BDO which I assume should be around 60 Euros then continue to spend 10 Euros on micro-transactions each month. That's 900,000+150,000*month> million. So yes, that makes up millions in the long run.

Edited by Kaal

Posted

Yes this is option, but my friends want to play the game with me and I want to play with them. We all love the game. Right now we all feel like there is no point to even play the game if everyone can't play it. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I can't really say for everyone, but even if they'll eventually get around to remove IP block like 2+ month after OBT/release then I'm not going to get myself on EU version, even if they move to F2P model (unless I'll get banana on JAP server), as I've mentioned in my previous post in this thread I'll start on JAP server (already have everything needed to start, but just shortly after B&S CBT2 end) so it would be kind of pointless to switch at that time, moreover someone would possibly take my name already (for instant just because of this post xD), not even to mention invested time.

But I agree with first part of your post, I don't even consider buying Blocked B2P access as an option.

P.S. To be fair - this whole situation just makes Daum EU look incompetent in my eyes, like if they couldn't say earlier...the list kinda differ a lot compared to first thread about allowed countries (and even this one probably wouldn't be posted up until the OBT/release if there weren't that many complains on forum about it), you'd expect to be able to play on EU server from EU (if opposite is not stated from the start).

Hopefully there will come out of shadow something like BDO but with proper flagging (like La2) and proper non-target system (like C9) in the nearest time, because it's a bit sad after I've waited BDO EU for like 4 years.

Edited by KAMIKADzE
2 people like this

Posted

That language is the toxic thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about that region, but it's not right. This topic is opened for a reason, I guess. It's the official forum, so they will see, and if they see, maybe they change something. Even though this is Daum Europe, it's still Daum, and maybe they can try and renegociate their agreement with Pearl Abyss.

I still don't understand why those countries have been included in the RU region if they don't understand the language. That's the problem here.

I don't think you have been offended or disturbed by his try to change something, so what's the reason behind that language? Try to change your attitude. He is, mind you, actually right. Many of the old guilds that made the switch to Black Desert have played Lineage 2 in the past.

Of course im not offended nor disturbed by his post about "observation l2 bla bla crap" but pulling that crap still wont change a thing.

If you think my attitude being toxic then you should come back to reality, crap post is crap post, 5 is 5, 5x5=25 simple.

Instead of going through Daum he should gather up the "ip banned" country/people and petition straight too PA.

Posted (edited)

But it's realy paradox when European country don't get right to play European version game :P

Edited by Mindaugas