• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

There a tactful way to leave a guild for a good opportunity?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't done this yet.

The opportunity is the result of officer level guild drama and in no way my fault, but my decision would still be tantamount to a betrayal. Like (literally) choosing one half of the officers over the other half, when you like both halves, but the ones you're joining are likely the ones in the wrong.

They just also happen to be presenting the better half of the deal in the fallout. Also, experience tells me that the half I'm leaving will not survive. Plus I'm just damned curious about this other guild at this point.

Basically, I like the people in the guild I'm leaving, and some of the people in the guild I want to go to (who are from this guild). Is there a way to phrase "PCE OUT GONNA GO WITH THESE GUYS LMFAO GL M8s" without it sounding anything like that? Because in my head, every opening sentence I formulate auto-translates to that line regardless of anything I say. Might be unavoidable really, and I'm just making this topic while I work up the nerve to say it anyway.

Posted

Im going. Bye. Ps jesus loves you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im going. Bye. Ps jesus loves you.

I'd throw a like on this if I could. But I laughed.

Posted

Man. Things like this is why I like being in a casual guild. Someone leaves, good luck to em.

Posted

If your friends aren't your friends after you've decided the Guild isn't going the way you like it then I think you should get new friends. 

Posted (edited)

Simply be honest, tell them the reason for you leaving and tell them you have no ill feelings towards them, and thank them for all the jizz jazz, If they don't respect your honesty, give them a banana and move on.

Edit: I didn't make any sense.

Edited by MoistBanana

Posted

Not sure what the big deal is; guilds are a dime a dozen these days and if you have the opportunity to be one of the cool kids than do it.

Posted

As a guild master, the only thing I want is a statement why. I dont know why people make a big deal out of leaving guilds. But it all depends on the way the member got into the guild. 

As to the best way to leave, just say "im done, im leaving the guild, bah bye". If they asks you why, dont be rude and just leave, say something at least; its a form of constructive criticism.

Thats my opinion as a guild master.

Posted

Or just never join a guild, just party with your friends like i do. : |

Just say it straightforward. That'll make it clear.

Posted

Simply say you are no longer having fun in this (current) guild and that you are going to try a different guild.  Its that simple.

Posted

As a guild master, the only thing I want is a statement why. I dont know why people make a big deal out of leaving guilds. But it all depends on the way the member got into the guild. 

As to the best way to leave, just say "im done, im leaving the guild, bah bye". If they asks you why, dont be rude and just leave, say something at least; its a form of constructive criticism.

Thats my opinion as a guild master.

Yeah, usually that's fine. It's the detail I mentioned though. Since I'm guessing this happens often enough that it isn't too specific (or...maybe not. I'll just hope none of them waste their time scanning this forum), I'll be specific: the guild leader left and took some officers to merge into another guild. I was invited to go with. I was also asked to stay. The people leaving did not leave on 100% friendly terms - you know, everyone is all smiles and politeness, but that's not the background. There's salt all over the floor. I've only been in the guild  for an unspecified brief time between 1 day and 2 months. Going with them is basically a slap in the face to the guys left behind. Guild was hemorrhaging members for a bit in the fallout, but it seems to have slowed now. The damage is fairly severe though for sure.

So yeah, I'll give a reason when leaving. I've always given a reason when leaving a guild. I've just never had my reason be that I'm going to join some guys that the people I'm leaving are presently mad as hell at.

Posted

Yeah, usually that's fine. It's the detail I mentioned though. Since I'm guessing this happens often enough that it isn't too specific (or...maybe not. I'll just hope none of them waste their time scanning this forum), I'll be specific: the guild leader left and took some officers to merge into another guild. I was invited to go with. I was also asked to stay. The people leaving did not leave on 100% friendly terms - you know, everyone is all smiles and politeness, but that's not the background. There's salt all over the floor. I've only been in the guild  for an unspecified brief time between 1 day and 2 months. Going with them is basically a slap in the face to the guys left behind. Guild was hemorrhaging members for a bit in the fallout, but it seems to have slowed now. The damage is fairly severe though for sure.

So yeah, I'll give a reason when leaving. I've always given a reason when leaving a guild. I've just never had my reason be that I'm going to join some guys that the people I'm leaving are presently mad as hell at.

If you hate how the guilds become, then theres no reason to be tactful, if you have a destination already, just say what comes into your mind about the guild. I guess the only tactful way is to tell them youre leaving to join a better guild, and whatever happens in the future happens.

This is a game remember that, although you have to be respectful doesnt mean you have to be nice. At the end of the day, if they decide to grief you or harass you for quitting their guild, you got near infinite ways to handle it, handle it in ways that they will stop at one point.

Posted

Just do what the ppl in my guild do when they want to leave. Leave during the 1-2 hour window I sleep and am away from BDO.

Posted

Tricky in PvE focused games, perhaps a lost cause in a GvG game.

Posted

I like 'so long and thanks for all the fish' personally. 

2 people like this

Posted

There are very few mature guilds out there. I have been guild hopping in other games, and it didn't do me no good. When you are in a decent guild, stick with it, even if they fight among themselves. Most inner guild problems sort themselves out eventually.

A guild has to have strong principles from the start or none at all.

Posted (edited)

A few people who I've taught the game to, got livertos for, and leveled in parties while they leeched left my guild recently as well. Didn't even say "thanks for the help" or nothing. Lot of bad apples in online mmorpgs, but I've found a lot of quality members as well. Even as the others left these people still stuck with the guild and continue to do so until this day.

Edited by Hustling

Posted

In the end, you're playing this game to have fun.  If you would have more fun with the other guild, you don't owe anyone a reason.  And, as harsh as it may sound, you do not need to take their emotions into consideration when making your decision.  

Just be honest with them and peace out.

Posted

I haven't done this yet.

The opportunity is the result of officer level guild drama and in no way my fault, but my decision would still be tantamount to a betrayal. Like (literally) choosing one half of the officers over the other half, when you like both halves, but the ones you're joining are likely the ones in the wrong.

They just also happen to be presenting the better half of the deal in the fallout. Also, experience tells me that the half I'm leaving will not survive. Plus I'm just damned curious about this other guild at this point.

Basically, I like the people in the guild I'm leaving, and some of the people in the guild I want to go to (who are from this guild). Is there a way to phrase "PCE OUT GONNA GO WITH THESE GUYS LMFAO GL M8s" without it sounding anything like that? Because in my head, every opening sentence I formulate auto-translates to that line regardless of anything I say. Might be unavoidable really, and I'm just making this topic while I work up the nerve to say it anyway.

I've only been in one guild on this game, it was a friend's guild. Within a week it was clear that our moral compasses were just not going to line up.

So I sent her a message stating I was leaving and why. I said goodbye in guild chat, and I paid the fee to dissolve my contract.

Idk if she's salty about it but she hasnt said otherwise so who knows.

Posted

Just be honest about it to them.

Posted

I had the same kind of problem before, just talk to everyone personally, add them as a friend, make a group pic and then leave and join none :3

Tell them the burden of choosing is too large ^-^

At least that is what I did, hope it helps <3

Posted

Sorry my dog ate my pc, i cant play with you guys anymore... 

Posted

There's a button. One clicks on it. ;)

(I guess it's different if one is social. That one ain't me. xD )

Posted

I haven't done this yet.

I am not trying to be a knob but if you don't mind please share how old are you as I am curious now. 

In all seriousness if you don't want to be in the guild just pm the gm and let him know you are planning to leave because most of.... *put the reasons here* but please don't lie. 

examples 

- you want to be in a more competitive guild

- you have more friends and people you relate more to in the other guild

- you feel that you need a change

- you fancy one of the players in the other guild 

Posted

start with: its not you its me

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0