• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

People should lose crystals when PKed

237 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

People at 0% exp currently lose completely nothing when PKed. Its my opinion that there should be atleast some penalty involved for being PKed. Considering you are not PKed for nothing and the PKer takes a big risk when he flags on you. Therefore I suggest having people that are PKed to lose crystals just like the PKer would when he dies. Whatcha think? Any other ideas for punishment to people PKed?

Edited by Wexoch

Posted

sure as long as there is a drop % for weapon/armor if the PKer dies

30 people like this

Posted

So.. promite greifing?

1 person likes this

Posted

I second that, as fisher and trader drop their fishies and trades.

1 person likes this

Posted

A PKer already loses enchantment levels when he dies at negative karma. Potentially losing a weapon/armor piece worth 100million+ seems like extreme punishment for a failed PK attempt.

So.. promite greifing?

Promote PvP, not griefing. This is a PvP game afterall??

4 people like this

Posted

No a player killed by pkers should not lose crystals. 

26 people like this

Posted (edited)

I second that, as fisher and trader drop their fishies and trades.

A 20k fish doesn't compare to a 100million weapon/armor piece. You are being unreasonable.

Then what punishment for players being PKed do you suggest? The 1% exp loss is worth 5 minutes of grinding for the person being PKed. So that's absolutely nothing. And that exp loss is 0 when you are at 0% exp which many people capped at lvl 55 are.

Edited by Wexoch

Posted

If you honestly think some people won't PK. just for the sake of ruining others gear. then you haven't been on the internet long enough.

10 people like this

Posted

Dumbest thing I've read in a while.

31 people like this

Posted

As long as I support death penalty, that would be too harsh. Death should be always punished, but not this way.

Posted

Considering you are not PKed for nothing...

Stopped reading after that. Sorry man, I agree that in a perfect world, people would have respect and only PK people that were doing something to deserve it, and when there was a possibility for a fair and honorable fight, may the best hero win.

We don't live in that world. This is a world of d-bags.

People PK because they are bored, or to cause farmers and fishers pain and frustration. They do it because they are lonely, angry, jealous sociopaths. They do it because they are trolls.

I am sure there is lots of honest PK to defend territory and whatnot, but for every one of those you make things easier for, there are 10 griefer sociopaths that will thank you for making it easier for them to troll and harass innocent farmers.

No thanks.

The biggest problem with adding balanced PVP to a game is that you can NEVER count on the player base to be mature and respectful. EVER.

43 people like this

Posted

If you honestly think some people won't PK. just for the sake of ruining others gear. then you haven't been on the internet long enough.

Well if you have a person doing that to you then I am sure you deserve it in some way.

Explain yourself

As long as I support death penalty, that would be too harsh. Death should be always punished, but not this way.

What punishment would you suggest? The 1% exp loss currently in place is a joke.

Stopped reading after that. Sorry man, I agree that in a perfect world, people would have respect and only PK people that were doing something to deserve it, and when there was a possibility for a fair and honorable fight, may the best hero win.

We don't live in that world. This is a world of d-bags.

People PK because they are bored, or to cause farmers and fishers pain and frustration. They do it because they are lonely, angry, jealous sociopaths. They do it because they are trolls.

I am sure there is lots of honest PK to defend territory and whatnot, but for every one of those you make things easier for, there are 10 griefer sociopaths that will thank you for making it easier for them to troll and harass innocent farmers.

No thanks.

The biggest problem with adding balanced PVP to a game is that you can NEVER count on the player base to be mature and respectful. EVER.

Well then what if we increased the stakes on both sides? For the PKer and the person PKed. Even the jealous sociopath will think twice before killing a random fisherman for which he gains nothing if he is severely punished for it.

Posted

Sums it up.

5 people like this

Posted

Well if you have a person doing that to you then I am sure you deserve it in some way.

See, that is your problem right there. It is either plain inexperience or naiveté if you honestly believe that griefers and trolls only bully, harass, and hurt people that deserve it.

That is simply NOT the case. In fact to a troll, the less a person deserves to be tormented, the more fun it is to torment them. They GET OFF on hurting the innocent. It is the whole way they gain a sense of importance in their sad and desperate lives.

Griefers specifically go out of their way to find innocent defenseless people minding their own business then intentionally set about ruining their day FOR NO REASON. That is the whole point.

That is why people call them "sociopaths."

11 people like this

Posted

A PKer already loses enchantment levels when he dies at negative karma. Potentially losing a weapon/armor piece worth 100million+ seems like extreme punishment for a failed PK attempt.

why failed? if you fail not a problem you just flagged, if you are in negative karma from PKing hordes of people then you should lose weapon/armor if you die. That makes it fun. 

I am up for me even as a positive karma dropping but the chance for armor should be like 2% and 1% for weapon, but for PKer it should be 6% armor 3% weapon etc. 

This way you can see way more PVP and tears. 

So you lose crystals now and what? If I go and farm all the velia fishers I'll get more than your crystal.

Basically I want Lineage 2 PK system please

1 person likes this

Posted

Sums it up.

Explain yourself

Posted

What punishment would you suggest? The 1% exp loss currently in place is a joke.

I'm used to 4% lose with possible lose lvl (Lineage 2). But I think in this game 1% is enough. So add possible lose lvl would be enough.

Posted

why failed? if you fail not a problem you just flagged, if you are in negative karma from PKing hordes of people then you should lose weapon/armor if you die. That makes it fun. 

I am up for me even as a positive karma dropping but the chance for armor should be like 2% and 1% for weapon, but for PKer it should be 6% armor 3% weapon etc. 

This way you can see way more PVP and tears. 

So you lose crystals now and what? If I go and farm all the velia fishers I'll get more than your crystal.

Basically I want Lineage 2 PK system please

I am oke with that if the stakes are upped on both sides like you explain here. If the PKer has a chance to lose armor/weapon, then the victim aswell.

Posted (edited)

Well if logging into the game is a reason, sure..

I have at least one example where I can even mention a name.
Server is Jordine, channel Mediah J2 -> I am auto pathing from Trent to Calpheon, when I am suddenly, for no reason, PK'd by a guy called Superhuman, I have never seen the man in my life and I had certainly done nothing to offend him (unless he really doesn't like Sorcs autopathing)

Anyways, he kills me while I am alt+tabbed, with only the Chat as proof he did it.
Then of course I confront the guy and ask him why. his answer "I kill everyone on sight"

Now.. if I had also lost my crystals because of this, would that have been fair?

Edited by Taj
typos

Posted

See, that is your problem right there. It is either plain inexperience or naiveté if you honestly believe that griefers and trolls only bully, harass, and hurt people that deserve it.

That is simply NOT the case. In fact to a troll, the less a person deserves to be tormented, the more fun it is to torment them. They GET OFF on hurting the innocent. It is the whole way they gain a sense of importance in their sad and desperate lives.

Griefers specifically go out of their way to find innocent defenseless people minding their own business then intentionally set about ruining their day FOR NO REASON. That is the whole point.

That is why people call them "sociopaths."

So what do you think about the idea of more punishment for the PKer aswell then so griefers are punished but moral PKing is rewarding.

Posted

in all versions    Russian Jaman  Korea they luze....

Posted

If this went both ways then sure, if player killed a PK'er the PK'er drops crystals as well, not loose, but drop for the player to pick up, and vice versa.

Posted

Well if logging into the game is a reason, sure..
I have at least one example where I can even mention a name.
Server is Jordine, channel Mediah J2 -> I am auto pathing from Trent to Calpheon, when I am suddenly, for no reason, PK'd by a guy called Superhuman, I have never seen the man in my life and I had certainly done nothing to offend him (unless he really doesn't like Sorcs autopathing)

Anyways, he kills me while I am alt+tabbed, with only the Chat as proof he did it.
Then of course I confront the guy and ask him why. his answer "I kill everyone on sight"

Now.. if I had also lost my crystals because of this, would that have been fair?

I've never had that happen to me yet(300 hours played) nor have I ever heard of this before. There is a very very small amount of negative karma people in the game that kill on sight. You were very unlucky for this to happen to you. It's not fair but its RNG really. One person drops 5 ogre rings, one person dies to that one in a million negative karma PKer. Shit happens.

Posted

You can lose crystals when getting PKed. It's just a very low chance if you are at max karma.

Posted

Then what punishment for players being PKed do you suggest? The 1% exp loss is worth 5 minutes of grinding for the person being PKed. So that's absolutely nothing. And that exp loss is 0 when you are at 0% exp which many people capped at lvl 55 are.

I guess you're not above level 55.