• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

People should lose crystals when PKed

237 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks like a certain someone doesnt like how his bait threat turned out.

LOL Indeed hes spluttering and whining all over it. Someone should alert mods to close this circus.

Posted

Typical example of an entitled western feminist(!!), peasant

*Atypical. Tyvm. Now, back to solitary with you.

Posted (edited)

god the pve'ers in this game..I have no idea how you can relate killing a character in a game ( which is no different from killing all the monsters you massacre to level up in the game ) to people being sociopaths,  get a grip. If anything you're warped view on this shows that you yourself have the problem

Edited by Khazard
3 people like this

Posted

Its funny how a 'sociopath' like you that writes this kind of crap even dares to judge other people. Even mom insults in the comment. Ur pretty sad

I thought you would understand better if I got on your level of idiocy but obviously you beat me with experience. Feel free to ignore me if you cant handle what I post btw :) 

Posted

PKer takes a big risk when he flags on you.

Your kind of PKers don't take risks, i'm queit certain. Usually people flag on when they know it's a 100% win, either enemy is on horse afk traveling, or fishing, afk-ing in general. Or you gank up on people. Then you want that 1 person that's afk or outnumbered to lose their crystals? With the "big risk" you're taking of flaggin up, flaggin down in an instant if you find out you're not going to win? There's no risk, and if you find that people don't lose enough, don't PK such people? Kill people you're in war with, no need to flag up then, no risk either.

Posted

People at 0% exp currently lose completely nothing when PKed. Its my opinion that there should be atleast some penalty involved for being PKed. Considering you are not PKed for nothing and the PKer takes a big risk when he flags on you. Therefore I suggest having people that are PKed to lose crystals just like the PKer would when he dies. Whatcha think? Any other ideas for punishment to people PKed?

If you read any post i've made regarding pvp, you would know that I am a strong supporter of pvp components in this game, and am resistant to changes that would further cloud what this game is. ...that said, this is a fairly bad idea. You are saying that people not risking or wanting to pvp be held accountable for someone else taking actions against them in the game.  ...that just makes no sense.

Posted (edited)

Well if you have a person doing that to you then I am sure you deserve it in some way.

Well then what if we increased the stakes on both sides? For the PKer and the person PKed. Even the jealous sociopath will think twice before killing a random fisherman for which he gains nothing if he is severely punished for it.

you don't understand how griefing and trolling work do you? these people don't carry out these acts because the target "deserve it in some way", or that there is a legitimate reason, they do it for their own pleasure.

like Alfred said:

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn_1_1442176551.jpg

Edited by elynia_sunless

Posted (edited)

...? you do lose crystals when you're pked or killed by another player in guildwars etc...i seem to break a luck crystal or attackspeed crystal everytime i die to another player even at 300k karma while unflagged anyone that doesn't know this shouldn't even be commenting on pvp threads tbh because you are either below 45 or haven't pvped -_-

Edited by Khazard

Posted (edited)

...? you do lose crystals when you're pked or killed by another player in guildwars etc...i seem to break a luck crystal or attackspeed crystal everytime i die to another player even at 300k karma while unflagged

Certainly not in a guild war and I never lost a crystal to a pk (which was far too rare to invalidate the "it's a very low chance" theory)

If you die to a mob while attacked by a player though, you can lose one.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

...? you do lose crystals when you're pked or killed by another player in guildwars etc...i seem to break a luck crystal or attackspeed crystal everytime i die to another player even at 300k karma while unflagged anyone that doesn't know this shouldn't even be commenting on pvp threads tbh because you are either below 45 or haven't pvped -_-

I hear mixed comments on the fact that crystals break upon being pked (as in killed by a flagged player)

I have never personally experienced this, but apparently my guildies have had their crystals broken upon dying to a flagged player.

Does your own PvP mode activate when you start retaliating against a PKer? and does that count you being flagged as well, hence losing crystals?

Posted (edited)

I hear mixed comments on the fact that crystals break upon being pked (as in killed by a flagged player)

I have never personally experienced this, but apparently my guildies have had their crystals broken upon dying to a flagged player.

Does your own PvP mode activate when you start retaliating against a PKer? and does that count you being flagged as well, hence losing crystals?

You have a chance (you can see roughly how high the chance is by looking at ur crystals text) of crystals breaking on death..if u went afk fishing in a combat zone or autopathing with your gear on that contains crystals and someone ganked you, theres a chance for each of your crystals to break..it's rng but some crystals say "very high chance to break on death" and some say "very low chance to break on death" etc. whether you are flagged or not has no impact you're crystals will have a chance to break either way

Source: My own experiences (lots of them -_-)

Edited by Khazard

Posted

You have a chance (you can see roughly how high the chance is by looking at ur crystals text) of crystals breaking on death..if u went afk fishing in a combat zone or autopathing with your gear on that contains crystals and someone ganked you, theres a chance for each of your crystals to break..it's rng but some crystals say "very high chance to break on death" and some say "very low chance to break on death" etc. whether you are flagged or not has no impact you're crystals will have a chance to break either way

Source: My own experiences (lots of them -_-)

oh so crystals do break when pked, which makes this entire thread pointless.

cool.

Posted

i prefere the methode from S.U.N. 

if u die by a player (pk/open world pvp, gvg etcpp) u drop 1 of ur items randomly as loot for the one who killed u

so each time someone kill u, he have the chance to get ur weapon, or just a fish.

that will be nice and ll bring pvp to the next lvl

Posted (edited)

Certainly not in a guild war and I never lost a crystal to a pk (which was far too rare to invalidate the "it's a very low chance" theory)

If you die to a mob while attacked by a player though, you can lose one.

almost missed your comment here ..yes you do lose crystals in guild wars I've lost atleast a dozen from just guildwars so far (normally the luck+1 or attackspeed+2) you don't lose them everytime it's RNG chance based and dependent on your crystals chance to break..it would appear you either are very lucky or use gems with low chances to break (carmae etc)

Edited by Khazard

Posted

god the pve'ers in this game..I have no idea how you can relate killing a character in a game ( which is no different from killing all the monsters you massacre to level up in the game ) to people being sociopaths,  get a grip. If anything you're warped view on this shows that you yourself have the problem

The area of study is too new for comprehensive research although a correlation is within the bounds of reality - for instance http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914000324

Posted

i prefere the methode from S.U.N. 

if u die by a player (pk/open world pvp, gvg etcpp) u drop 1 of ur items randomly as loot for the one who killed u

so each time someone kill u, he have the chance to get ur weapon, or just a fish.

that will be nice and ll bring pvp to the next lvl

And kill the game, watch the population collapse over night. No thanks 

Posted (edited)

almost missed your comment here ..yes you do lose crystals in guild wars I've lost atleast a dozen from just guildwars so far (normally the luck+1 or attackspeed+2) you don't lose them everytime it's RNG chance based and dependent on your crystals chance to break..it would appear you either are very lucky or use gems with low chances to break (carmae etc)

I may be very lucky but we are supposed to not suffer any penalty in guild wars. I have the same kind of gem you have with 2 luck +1, a crit +2, 2 casting speed +1, etc and as far as I remember they never broke in pvp for me.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Ok, agreed on one condition: IF the PKer dies because he picked the wrong fight then HIS death penalty should be 200% more severe then when his victim would have died, that way it makes hunting for idiotic PKs so much more fun. 

Posted

Stopped reading after that. Sorry man, I agree that in a perfect world, people would have respect and only PK people that were doing something to deserve it, and when there was a possibility for a fair and honorable fight, may the best hero win.

We don't live in that world. This is a world of d-bags.

People PK because they are bored, or to cause farmers and fishers pain and frustration. They do it because they are lonely, angry, jealous sociopaths. They do it because they are trolls.

I am sure there is lots of honest PK to defend territory and whatnot, but for every one of those you make things easier for, there are 10 griefer sociopaths that will thank you for making it easier for them to troll and harass innocent farmers.

No thanks.

The biggest problem with adding balanced PVP to a game is that you can NEVER count on the player base to be mature and respectful. EVER.

Don't forget the most important reason, they do it because they love you~

Posted

PKer takes a big risk when he flags on you.

Yeah..... sure..... killing a bunch of AFK Fishers is SUCH a MASSIVE Risk......

Worst i ever read.

There should be a 20% Chance of Charakter-deletion if a PK dies, they are just Trash and deserve to be trashed.

Posted

Ok, agreed on one condition: IF the PKer dies because he picked the wrong fight then HIS death penalty should be 200% more severe then when his victim would have died, that way it makes hunting for idiotic PKs so much more fun. 

When you hunt a PK, doesn't that make you a PK as well with 200% death penalty? I mean, how can the game tell the difference? Not every PK is red. Some have karme enough to kill 5 people a day, if they play it smart (Which is almost a contradictio in terminis) :)

Posted

I think the 1% loss is fine as is or at least its painful to anyone a higher lvl. I'm 56 myself, ppl seem to attempt to pk me a lot to prevent me lvling even more. But for those that don't care about xp loss the ones that stopped at 55 there isn't to much for me to do about them if they insist on returning x5 times in a row to die on loop. It gets to the point where they say "leave or be griefed for hours " I don't think gem loss is a good idea either though I think something should be done about killing the same person multiple times. I can't think of any easy way to approach this. 

Whoever flags first in a Pk situation is not always the person doing the griefing. As there are situations where people come and sit on your face contesting your mobs as a form of intentional contest. They want you to flag and it just becomes an annoying waiting game. But its a funky form of griefing to get reaction. This is where I think the Karma system doesn't work especially. I didn't put to much thought behind this suggestion but maybe something along the lines of the longer you stay in proximity to a non guild,non friend,non partied member person and obtain xp from the same mobs the karma penalties for the group that has been there longer get reduced. Unfortunately this would mean adding a whole extra layer of code to the recently killed or who was where. 

Currently as it stands when awkward people show up I have to channel hop. Cause the insistent ones never stop. Or its their own form of fun. 

Maybe a capped amount of node respawns per an hour./independent of channel. To Pk deaths.

Posted (edited)

The area of study is too new for comprehensive research although a correlation is within the bounds of reality - for instance http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914000324

trolling is not the same as killing pixels in a video game..and your post is pretty much your attempt to troll me so I guess your all those things in your article there lol.

Edited by Khazard

Posted

I feel that pkers should lose their crystals each time they attack, otherwise double the karma penalty as it is a joke as it is now, considering it will probably be cut in half soon.

Posted

Promote PvP, not griefing. This is a PvP game afterall??

OWPvP does not promote PvP, that is a major misconception.

BDO is not a PvP game by any stretch of the imagination, you can not have PvP based solely on gear and say it's a quality PvP game.

It's been promoted as one, but that's another topic.