• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How do we make both sides of the debate happy? PvE|PvP

129 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, all! I've seen this coming up in the forums a lot the past few days and I've seen plenty of people on both sides speak fairly passionately about their opinions. I feel that both sides of this coin are equally important and both sides should be able to happily play this game. What we know of the game after playing it is that it does have PvP. In other regions the level required to participate is different but they have a quest gating progress into the required level so that way you can't accidentally go over it if you don't want to. On the other hand, people have stated that at those later levels it is intended for there to be competition between players for resources in those higher areas. I don't have a source for this, I apologize. That does give us a point to start this discussion, though. The point of this thread is to have a civil discussion from both sides to reach an agreement that will make the majority of both sides happy. In doing this, I feel it will be more likely to gather publisher/developer attention to entertain the thought of implementing these changes that both sides of this coin that make up our community as a majority have come up with to try and make as many people happy as possible. I will be updating the first post here with ideas that become agreed upon as not too heavily favouring either side. I'll also add points of debate that are of concern to both sides.

This is -not- the place to get insulting. This is -not- the place to try and derail this discussion into "What I want, why I'm right, I can't hear you lalalala!" We want this game to be fun for as many people as possible and that is what this discussion is for, on this particular issue.

PvE Concerns

• After reaching level 45, you will be killed randomly when going out of safe zones. People being able to grief them by attacking them for no reason.
  • Do not wish to participate in PvP.
  • Unable to effectively gate your own progress so you do not enter PvP level. You can end up leveling up past that level if you are not paying attention or set up to do an activity while AFK (Fishing, processing, etc.) You can only stop yourself from leveling by taking time to intentionally get your character killed.
  • More to come, I am unaware of any other concerns at this time.

PvP Concerns

• Less people to seek out for PvP.
  • People being able to grief high level camps by being able to enter and attack monsters in the camp with no way to push them out.
  • Bots being able to go into high level camps and grinding out the monsters without being able to push them out.
  • More to come, I am unaware of any other concerns at this time.

Potential fixes for these concerns.

• Implement the quest in other regions that gates your progress at NA/EU's current PvP level (45).
  • Wait until Valencia is released. The PvP cap may be raised once it is released. If not, resume this discussion.
  • Increased penalties for killing random people? 
  • When wearing life skill clothing, unable to attack or be attacked by other players. Unable to change equipment while in combat. Perhaps something to lower damage against monsters?
  • More to come, I am unaware of any other solutions at this time.

Please discuss in a civil manner. I want us all to become happy here. Do not insult each other.

From ModerateOsprey(Sorry, I can't quote it here.)

MMORPG: Any plans to introduce more "traditional" MMO dungeons, or group activities for PVE fans?

DGPA: Instance dungeons are mainly PVE content more befitting an MORPG or a console game. It can effectively deliver the experience as intended by the developers to a limited number of players in a set space, but players must follow certain rules, and it is almost impossible to prevent repeated experiences. This will be the same for any forthcoming dungeons. We have considered instance dungeons to add diversity and provide planned experiences to PVE in MMORPG, but please understand that the current standing of Black Desert in terms of PVE content is to pursue unpredictable competitions and cooperation with random players on a seamless map.

We will not rule out the unique fun that instance dungeons give. For example, field bosses are appearing, which is different from the Korean and Japanese versions, and we are also trying to give a specific role to certain monsters in the field. The direction of future development will lean toward expanding the map to enrich the PVE experience and improving the gameplay to offset the absence of instance dungeons, but we will be open to the possibility.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/feature/10774/page/1

Just a thing to keep in mind.

From Scau

An option I've suggested in other threads would be for them to...

• Implement a PvP toggle usable from level 1. When toggled, you can attack and be attacked by any other PvP toggled player with no karma penalties
  • Get rid of PvP level and instead PvP flag any player for 10 minutes when they kill a Lv50+ mob (normal karma penalties would apply)

This would...

• ...allow hardcore PvP players to PvP right from the start, and without being penalized for it
  • ...protect PvE and casual players up to Lv50 as intended
  • ...prevent the griefing of life skill players (like killing AFK fishers or shooting AFK horse trainers off mounts)
  • ...keeps the level 50+ grinding areas competitive
  • ...and prevents the exploitable level lock by preventing players from remaining under the PvP level to grind higher mobs with immunity

This seems like a pretty good idea. Discuss?

Edited by Dartendal

Posted

I think the main problem inst pve or pvp, its the pve is asingle player game (very good imo) and the pvp is bad designed (this is an opinion) . So a lot of ppl come to play a mmo and end playing a singleplayergame (very good imo) on an open world with a pvp setting that dont seems to like to everyone.

I think the best solution is, choose one server  without pvp, so the ppl that at last like the singleplayer game can enjoy it, and two pvp servers  for the ppl who like it , that seems to be a lot.

Remeber we talk about servers, no channel, so you cant go to farm at the pve server?

1 person likes this

Posted

You think you do, but you don't.

Posted

You're never going to satisfy either side.

Especially with the entitled mindset that many people have here in the US. 

Regardless though, PA has stated multiple times that they're not ever going to add any instanced PvE content.

Their focus since day one has been to add content that players can compete with each other for. In essence PvP content.

The PvE crowd will either buck up or move on to an actual PvE focused game.

It just amazes me at how many people purchased this title without first finding out about it's PvP nature.

4 people like this

Posted

I think the main problem inst pve or pvp, its the pve is asingle player game (very good imo) and the pvp is bad designed (this is an opinion) . So a lot of ppl come to play a mmo and end playing a singleplayergame (very good imo) on an open world with a pvp setting that dont seems to like to everyone.

I think the best solution is, choose one server  without pvp, so the ppl that at last like the singleplayer game can enjoy it, and two pvp servers  for the ppl who like it , that seems to be a lot.

Remeber we talk about servers, no channel, so you cant go to farm at the pve server?

The concern with this is that it will separate the playerbase. I'm not sure of a way this could work to make both sides happy, as then publisher/developer will be dealing with complaints from both sides and qould require them to put work into implementing fixes essentially twice, as systems would need to work differently with no PvP possible.

You think you do, but you don't.

Aw hell, Blizzard got up in here.

Posted (edited)

I'd be fine if I could use the PvP quest the way it was designed, to actually keep myself OUT of PvP content.  Course then that means I wouldn't ever get to experience high level content either.

The perfect solution in my opinion (or closest to perfect) would be to allow people to set a flag of PvP or PvE on their characters that would last for the lifetime of that character and/or account.  If PvE, then you could never PvP ever.  If PvP then everything acts like normal.  Then I and many others wouldn't have to worry about PKers and PvP people wouldn't have to worry about us getting the best gear out there then turning around and PKing them.  

Also, I find it hilarious that PvP people complain that others could "grief their grinding area" as the reason why PvE would be bad.  I've NEVER seen this happen except for very short periods when someone runs through an area and tries to tag a few mobs, but that's it.  There's so many ways to resolve this without resorting to PK that it's not even a point really worth considering.  

Edited by Professional N00b
1 person likes this

Posted

The only somewhat valid concern is the level progression quest not being tied to the PvP cutoff, which is a unique feature of the NA/EU regions. The argument for scaling the progression quest to 45 or moving PvP cutoff to 50 is that in BDO Korea, you can choose not to complete the level 50 progression quest and lock yourself at 49.99 to never have to experience PvP.  The argument against scaling the progression quest is that it allows level 44.99s or 49.99s to twink and farm popular grinding spots with impunity and have no risk of being PKed. 

Otherwise, complaints directed at nonconsensual PvP indicate that the people in question didn't do research on this game before playing, and perhaps the open world nature of this game (that includes PvP) isn't for them.

Posted

Regardless though, PA has stated multiple times that they're not ever going to add any instanced PvE content.

Their focus since day one has been to add content that players can compete with each other for. In essence PvP content.

It just amazes me at how many people purchased this title without first finding out about it's PvP nature.

This game is not full PvP, though. There are things in it to cater to folks for PvP, PvE and PvPvE. Can you give me a source for the statement of not adding instanced PvE content? I'd like to add it to the original post. 

To my knowledge, it isn't really made available by looking at the website for the game that there is PvP. Some people only look at that, not everyone does a lot of research on their games. 

Posted

I don't see why this should be a debate. There is a reason why this is called an MMO, so you have interaction with people, good or bad, but there is interaction. I am one that has always played MMOs with a single player mindset. I used to be a Lineage 2 veteran which I think has a similar system to BDO. My point is, if you separate PVE and PVP in different servers you diminish player strategy and player risk. For me it was a lot of fun when on Lineage I was a a low level going into a high level zone. Not because of the mobs level but because I could run into another player that would want to kill me. This made me prepare and gear up if I ever felt like going to those places. It was an adventure going there because finding another player meant either engage or run. There were even strategies that I would use to take out higher players than me. Like leading them to an aggro zone so the mobs will take care of them. Some other times you could run into high level players that don't use their skill properly so that was an easy kill and a way for me to get some loot.

Like I said I don't see the point of the debate, and this is coming from someone that plays mmos as a single player game only. We come to mmos because the thread of an AI monster is no longer fun. 

Also playing an MMO for immersion and roleplay can be a bit frustrating as people will kill you for no reason and that takes you out of your immersive world, I guess this is the PVEers point of view.

Anyway I love the way BDO is setup and hope it doesn't change its formula to different servers. Because separate servers take away that sense of fear and adrenaline of going into specific zones.

Posted

Even though i like the ;eve; 45 lock quest, i doubt it wioll satisfy EVERYONE. there will be pvers who will complain about locked out of scrolls based content and world bosses and there will be PVPers whi will complain that oh jeepers this game is catering to PVErs we will leave.

you literally cant do anything to satisfy either side. as devs, all they can do is pick a side while offering an incentive to others and hope to ride the flame train. =/

Posted

You can make yourself happy by accepting the fact that some people ain't ever gonna be happy.

Posted

explain to me how this is a pvp game, when I've played the game for more than a month now, but never once pvp'ed? While there are no pve endgame in the traditional sense, this game has way more pve features than any game I've ever played.

1 person likes this

Posted

the good thing about all those millions of community-split-topics and cash-shop-price-bullshit is, that you can easily see that there are no (new) problems out there atm :D

Posted

I really don't understand the PvE only argument. I've been flagged on maybe 4-5 times since launch? Maybe Owen is tamer, but people generally don't want the karma hit.

Posted

I think exploding and botting/hacks solve all problems. Everyone get happy.

Posted

I'd be fine if I could use the PvP quest the way it was designed, to actually keep myself OUT of PvP content.  Course then that means I wouldn't ever get to experience high level content either.

The perfect solution in my opinion (or closest to perfect) would be to allow people to set a flag of PvP or PvE on their characters that would last for the lifetime of that character and/or account.  If PvE, then you could never PvP ever.  If PvP then everything acts like normal.  Then I and many others wouldn't have to worry about PKers and PvP people wouldn't have to worry about us getting the best gear out there then turning around and PKing them.  

Also, I find it hilarious that PvP people complain that others could "grief their grinding area" as the reason why PvE would be bad.  I've NEVER seen this happen except for very short periods when someone runs through an area and tries to tag a few mobs, but that's it.  There's so many ways to resolve this without resorting to PK that it's not even a point really worth considering.  

For the PvP quest, wouldn't that be the risk you take for going past it? 

That solution... I'm not sure, I'll have to think about it and get back to you a little later. Take more than a few moments to look and think about it.

I'm just trying to get the concerns from both sides. The same could be said about getting killed by some random person on the PvE side. It's not something that happens terribly often for no reason. Like I said, just trying to get both sides concerns and maybe make the majority happy.

The only somewhat valid concern is the level progression quest not being tied to the PvP cutoff, which is a unique feature of the NA/EU regions. The argument for scaling the progression quest to 45 or moving PvP cutoff to 50 is that in BDO Korea, you can choose not to complete the level 50 progression quest and lock yourself at 49.99 to never have to experience PvP.  The argument against scaling the progression quest is that it allows level 44.99s or 49.99s to twink and farm popular grinding spots with impunity and have no risk of being PKed. 

Otherwise, complaints directed at nonconsensual PvP indicate that the people in question didn't do research on this game before playing, and perhaps the open world nature of this game (that includes PvP) isn't for them.

I stated most of what you said in the original post. Many people will just look at the game's website, think "This looks neat" and then buy it. My personal concern here is that this topic is constantly on the front page of the general forum. I'd like to be able to see something new. That is why I figured a civil discussion about concerns and potential solutions that wouldn't negatively affect either side too much would hopefully get it to die down a little bit.

I don't see why this should be a debate. There is a reason why this is called an MMO, so you have interaction with people, good or bad, but there is interaction. I am one that has always played MMOs with a single player mindset. I used to be a Lineage 2 veteran which I think has a similar system to BDO. My point is, if you separate PVE and PVP in different servers you diminish player strategy and player risk. For me it was a lot of fun when on Lineage I was a a low level going into a high level zone. Not because of the mobs level but because I could run into another player that would want to kill me. This made me prepare and gear up if I ever felt like going to those places. It was an adventure going there because finding another player meant either engage or run. There were even strategies that I would use to take out higher players than me. Like leading them to an aggro zone so the mobs will take care of them. Some other times you could run into high level players that don't use their skill properly so that was an easy kill and a way for me to get some loot.

Like I said I don't see the point of the debate, and this is coming from someone that plays mmos as a single player game only. We come to mmos because the thread of an AI monster is no longer fun. 

Also playing an MMO for immersion and roleplay can be a bit frustrating as people will kill you for no reason and that takes you out of your immersive world, I guess this is the PVEers point of view.

Anyway I love the way BDO is setup and hope it doesn't change its formula to different servers. Because separate servers take away that sense of fear and adrenaline of going into specific zones.

As a roleplayer, I personally also love the game as it is. I also like both PvE and PvP. I agree with that feeling of fear and adrenaline. From this point of view, I also don't see the point of a debate but there are others who do and I personally want to reach something to make the majority here happy so that maybe other discussion can happen.

Posted

I believe many, including myself, were under the illusion that the quest to gate pvp was still in effect in the NA/EU version of the game and were very unpleasantly surprised to see that not only had they changed it from 50 to 45, but left the quest unchanged rendering it useless and created a new phenomenon called the Suicide Squad...

Personally I thought that they only lowered the pvp level in beta for beta-testing purposes.

I often see people say that with such a quest that they can't do anything about other players grinding at their favorite spots thanks to a combo of good gear and level lock to prevent getting ganked. Perhaps a part solution, if they don't reinstate the quest's worthiness, would be to make people wearing life skill gear safe from ganking. That way you can choose to be safe, but lose the option to grind and all that want to PK actually face people with combat gear. Of course switching gear in combat should be impossible (not sure if it already is or not tbh) to prevent people from quick switching to life skill gear when about to die. Just an idea. :)

2 people like this

Posted

I really don't understand the PvE only argument. I've been flagged on maybe 4-5 times since launch? Maybe Owen is tamer, but people generally don't want the karma hit.

argument is this: would you punch someone who doesn't put up their fists? If you really love pvp, wouldn't you want to fight someone who is equally motivated to engage in PvP with you? Or are you really the type of person that punches someone who isn't putting up any defense? 

Posted (edited)

Even though i like the ;eve; 45 lock quest, i doubt it wioll satisfy EVERYONE. there will be pvers who will complain about locked out of scrolls based content and world bosses and there will be PVPers whi will complain that oh jeepers this game is catering to PVErs we will leave.

you literally cant do anything to satisfy either side. as devs, all they can do is pick a side while offering an incentive to others and hope to ride the flame train. =/

If there is a quest to llock your progression, you can do research on the game or on other versions of the game and see that there is a way to avoid PvP. The downside to it is that you can't do everything. It seems a fair trade off to me.

You can make yourself happy by accepting the fact that some people ain't ever gonna be happy.

I understand you can't make everyone happy. Some people complain just to complain. Doesn't mean I can't try.

explain to me how this is a pvp game, when I've played the game for more than a month now, but never once pvp'ed? While there are no pve endgame in the traditional sense, this game has way more pve features than any game I've ever played.

This is likely going to lead to a bad form of communication with insults and flaming and such. Please don't continue that. This game has things that cater to everyone, not just PvE or PvP.

the good thing about all those millions of community-split-topics and cash-shop-price-bullshit is, that you can easily see that there are no (new) problems out there atm :D

That's a fun way to look at it!

Regardless of inability to understand it or your own experience it is definitely a concern for some people who haven't reached that level yet but have had bad experiences in previous MMOs.

I think exploding and botting/hacks solve all problems. Everyone get happy.

This kills the BDO. It is also off-topic.

Edited by Dartendal

Posted

Why should ANYTHING change to suit the PvE crowd when the game already offers them MANY ways to either avoid PvP completely or at least minimalise their interaction with PvP players. Firstly, the amount of people getting ganked is grossly exaggerated, people like to give the impression that as soon as you hit 45 you are killed every time you leave a safe-zone which is untrue.

The game balances out profit and risk quite nicely, allowing people to choose whether they want to be PvP'd or not will do more harm than good and will allow people to abuse the situation. If someone takes your grinding spot, you'll be left with no way to combat them as they can just not flag for PvP. Here are a few options for people who want to avoid PvP whilst playing the game.

Fishing - Stick to safe-zones such as Velia or Calephon. You won't catch as many rare fish as you would at hotspots, but you also have no risk of ever getting killed. You can also try hotspots that aren't as populated.

Trading - Calephon has 3 trade managers who are all in safe-zones and can be reached by travelling within the town. You won't make a huge profit, but you also never run the risk of getting killed or losing your wagon

Training - Stick to safe-zones, XP is based on distance travelled so with auto-loop you can remain in a town and merely run up and down

Gathering - Stick to nodes that are near safe-zones, as soon as you are attacked you can quickly run back. Alternatively use your workers to gather items for you

Grinding - There are multiple grinding spots as well as different channels that are less populated. You can also grind as a party or join a guild. A PvPer is going to think twice before attacking 5 players at the same time.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

argument is this: would you punch someone who doesn't put up their fists? If you really love pvp, wouldn't you want to fight someone who is equally motivated to engage in PvP with you? Or are you really the type of person that punches someone who isn't putting up any defense? 

Or someones is killing the mobs that you want the loot from, the spawn of these mobs is limited. You kill the player and claim the chance for loot. Or you could message them first and tell them nicely to go somewhere else. (usually doesnt mean jack shit when people are protected from PvP, as behaviour goes out the window when people are "safe").

Kind of like IRL / Online, people act better when there is risk associated with their behaviour.

So PK in this game breeds more civilized behaviour - between people who wish to avoid conflict.

Edited by Sorusi

Posted

I believe many, including myself, were under the illusion that the quest to gate pvp was still in effect in the NA/EU version of the game and were very unpleasantly surprised to see that not only had they changed it from 50 to 45, but left the quest unchanged rendering it useless and created a new phenomenon called the Suicide Squad...

Personally I thought that they only lowered the pvp level in beta for beta-testing purposes.

I often see people say that with such a quest that they can't do anything about other players grinding at their favorite spots thanks to a combo of good gear and level lock to prevent getting ganked. Perhaps a part solution, if they don't reinstate the quest's worthiness, would be to make people wearing life skill gear safe from ganking. That way you can choose to be safe, but lose the option to grind and all that want to PK actually face people with combat gear. Of course switching gear in combat should be impossible (not sure if it already is or not tbh) to prevent people from quick switching to life skill gear when about to die. Just an idea. :)

Possibly? I didn't really look into the game until after release. I didn't look at other regions or anything because I know there are differences in games through different regions. At least, this type of game. I didn't see anything about gating PvP, I just knew that it was possible past a certain level and that there were consequences if you did too much killing.

That could work. The life skill gear would take away a lot of your stats for combat. I'm not against that idea.

What you've just described is a griefer, not someone who enjoys PvP. Killing someone obviously unable to put up a fight isn't something a majority of people do. It is what the few who enjoy ruining other people's game experiences do. 

Posted

the pve argument is based on the pvp desing, i think im not the only one that dont like this system at all, i dont mean that is bad, just i dont like it and can be fixed easy, a pve server (there 3 server, the community is separated anyway). Atm there arent node wars and the pk system is really bad imo, the gvg is ok so u can scape with that.

BUT and this is important, the node wars will be delayed some times, once comes will come with bugs and server problems (chech the pvp subforum about the red battlefield and think about two guilds fighting each other), is going to be annoying.

So pls, think again a pve server inst a bad solution (a player that dont play and a player that play on another server have the same effect on ur gameplay)

Posted

The game has no PvP and right now is only a PvE game 99% of the time. They need to bring out the PvP content we where told would be in the game. If this is to much PvP for people how the hell do they play on a Minecraft server? It has more PvP than this game!

Posted

Why should ANYTHING change to suit the PvE crowd when the game already offers them MANY ways to either avoid PvP completely or at least minimalise their interaction with PvP players. Firstly, the amount of people getting ganked is grossly exaggerated, people like to give the impression that as soon as you hit 45 you are killed every time you leave a safe-zone which is untrue.

The game balances out profit and risk quite nicely, allowing people to choose whether they want to be PvP'd or not will do more harm than good and will allow people to abuse the situation. If someone takes your grinding spot, you'll be left with no way to combat them as they can just not flag for PvP. Here are a few options for people who want to avoid PvP whilst playing the game.

Fishing - Stick to safe-zones such as Velia or Calephon. You won't catch as many rare fish as you would at hotspots, but you also have no risk of ever getting killed. You can also try hotspots that aren't as populated.

Trading - Calephon has 3 trade managers who are all in safe-zones and can be reached by travelling within the town. You won't make a huge profit, but you also never run the risk of getting killed or losing your wagon

Training - Stick to safe-zones, XP is based on distance travelled so with auto-loop you can remain in a town and merely run up and down

Gathering - Stick to nodes that are near safe-zones, as soon as you are attacked you can quickly run back. Alternatively use your workers to gather items for you

Grinding - There are multiple grinding spots as well as different channels that are less populated. You can also grind as a party or join a guild. A PvPer is going to think twice before attacking 5 players at the same time.

I don't think the reason for people being upset is that PvP is possible past a certain point, I believe it is more that other regions have a way to stop your progression to that point so if you don't wish to participate in PvP, you can't but at the cost of being stuck at that level. I agree with the risk/reward and being able to avoid it if you don't like it. As I said, I think the main thing is you can't avoid it as you can in other regions, yet the quest is still available in ours.

Or someones is killing the mobs that you want the loot from, the spawn of these mobs is limited. You kill the player and claim the chance for loot. Or you could message them first and tell them nicely to go somewhere else. (usually doesnt mean jack shit when people are protected from PvP, as behaviour goes out the window when people are "safe").

Kind of like IRL / Online, people act better when there is risk associated with their behaviour.

So PK in this game breeds more civilized behaviour - between people who wish to avoid conflict.

This would be the long version of one of the concerns.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0