• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How do we make both sides of the debate happy? PvE|PvP

129 posts in this topic

Posted

Dont you think its a bit sadistic to want to back someone into the corner to have your fun? Why torture for challenge when there are plenty of large pvp guild awaiting you?

They did not say that they do it. They said that it happens. Please don't bait.

Posted

It just amazes me at how many people purchased this title without first finding out about it's PvP nature.

It's a pretty asian game with many side activities so pve people coming from other classic pve games get attracted easily as the next new thing. If this game had the dark, grey unrefined non-asian graphic of various more indie westerner sandbox games of the past, it would attract a different playerbase as a whole, more pvpers/gankers (as they are not the target of pretty costumes) less asian pve pretty game lovers.

With such pretty asian design together with pvp and very grindy elements they can try to group a wider range of players that will obviously clash. This could well be a marketing strategy.

As with everything, there are lots of in between type of players, but the example is too make the point clear.

Posted

How about they take away the ability to get the resources that the PVPers are fighting over, when in PVE mode? No one will show up.

the problem is, those resources aren't just gathering and life skills. It's first and foremost the mobs were out there killing.

If they can't do anything at all while opting out what's the point? I guess you could have an opt out whilst afk fishing or riding your horse and I wouldn't really care... But tbh that already exists so long as you do these activities within safe zones.

Posted

Except a single person that shows that it is happening means that it is, in fact, happening.  Anyone who claims it isn't is just in denial or flat out lying 9_9  I've been killed while just waiting to do boss scrolls and also been killed while fishing, both of which qualify as random ganking unless you think it's worth it to gank fishers in hope of getting a single fish.

And to avoid the level right now you have to suicide to avoid the level cap and almost entirely avoid playing the game as most activities give exp.  So not really a good workaround at the moment.  There's a reason other versions had a PvP quest :P

I agree with the lack of a good workaround for the level. I'm not going to try to argue the first point. There are other people who can and probably can do so better than I.

Posted (edited)

simple PvE sever with no PK, everything left untouched. Its coming sooner or later. Sociopaths will need to start killing each other, so just avoid it they will create 20 forum topics spaming that this game its just pvp. Idiots saying people to leave game... sure we will leave to PvE server.

Edited by TuckerLT

Posted (edited)

I'm not saying your argument about ganking is false even if in my experience it's not true (really ? you get ganked every day ? can ask what are you doing when it happens ?). You have an opinion and I respect that. I just ask you to do the same and not say "that's not worth considering" about someone else argument. That's just basic discussion behaviour. And as I already said, I'm not against you having your pvp free game as long at it doesn't impact how everyone else plays.

I've been ganked when fishing, waiting for boss scrolls, fighting mobs in a mostly empty area (literally just moved down to the other end of the area after I was attacked and was able to grind just fine there).  Stopped playing my main because I'm tired of having to avoid other players so now I'm just leveling alts to 45 then creating a new one.  

And the reason I said their argument isn't worth discussing is because it is invalid.  Even if it does happen that people "grief" you by stealing mobs just steal them back.  They won't be getting nearly as many kills with you in the area and you'll only lose a little bit of exp for the minute or so it takes before they move on.  If they persist because they're a jerk then just switch channels or out grind them.  

In essence, it is PKers complaining that now others can grief them even though the overall impact on their game is far less than when they grief us.  That is why I dismiss that argument and I thought I explained it clearly enough.  But there's some additional detail if you must.

Edited by Professional N00b

Posted

They did not say that they do it. They said that it happens. Please don't bait.

Whats the difference? For the person backed into the corner and have fun sucked out of the game, does it matter who the culprit was? I am not suggesting that she does what is being described, im saying the idea that PvEers being PvP fodder is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Posted

simple PvE sever with no PK, everything left untouched. Its coming sooner or later. Sociopaths will need to start killing each other, so just avoind it they will create 20 forum topics spaming that this game its just pvp. Idiots saying people to leave game... sure we will leave to PvE server.

i disagree. based on what i have read abt the other regions, there is still no separation of pve and pvp communities.

Posted

Take the owpvp away, what remnants of multiplayer do we have left? Fishing simulator with a chat?

If you don't want the pvp, play skyrim or something.

We don't have the nodewars yet, the game severely lacks PvP that is not pointless right now. We need more PvP updates. Give us something new, not only nodewars.

Posted

• More to come, I am unaware of any other solutions at this time.

An option I've suggested in other threads would be for them to...

• Implement a PvP toggle usable from level 1. When toggled, you can attack and be attacked by any other PvP toggled player with no karma penalties
  • Get rid of PvP level and instead PvP flag any player for 10 minutes when they kill a Lv50+ mob (normal karma penalties would apply)

This would...

• ...allow hardcore PvP players to PvP right from the start, and without being penalized for it
  • ...protect PvE and casual players up to Lv50 as intended
  • ...prevent the griefing of life skill players (like killing AFK fishers or shooting AFK horse trainers off mounts)
  • ...keeps the level 50+ grinding areas competitive
  • ...and prevents the exploitable level lock by preventing players from remaining under the PvP level to grind higher mobs with immunity

3 people like this

Posted

The difference is that you are accusing the person of doing it when they don't. Your wording in that reply is suggesting that you feel the person who pointed it out participates in those actions. That can be seen as an attack against that person and people tend to not like when they feel they are being attacked. Boy, doesn't that sound familiar?

Posted

Take the owpvp away, what remnants of multiplayer do we have left? Fishing simulator with a chat?

If you don't want the pvp, play skyrim or something.

We don't have the nodewars yet, the game severely lacks PvP that is not pointless right now. We need more PvP updates. Give us something new, not only nodewars.

How about playing cooperatively?  Crafting, gathering, trading, grinding, leveling, enhancing, and general progress?  You know, everything else in the entire game except attacking/being attacked by random players?

Posted

An option I've suggested in other threads would be for them to...

• Implement a PvP toggle usable from level 1. When toggled, you can attack and be attacked by any other PvP toggled player with no karma penalties
  • Get rid of PvP level and instead PvP flag any player for 10 minutes when they kill a Lv50+ mob (normal karma penalties would apply)

This would...

• ...allow hardcore PvP players to PvP right from the start, and without being penalized for it
  • ...protect PvE and casual players up to Lv50 as intended
  • ...prevent the griefing of life skill players (like killing AFK fishers or shooting AFK horse trainers off mounts)
  • ...keeps the level 50+ grinding areas competitive
  • ...and prevents the exploitable level lock by preventing players from remaining under the PvP level to grind higher mobs with immunity

I knew there was something I liked that I forgot! I don't recall it being put so.. well, though. I must've missed it. I like this.

Posted (edited)

The difference is that you are accusing the person of doing it when they don't. Your wording in that reply is suggesting that you feel the person who pointed it out participates in those actions. That can be seen as an attack against that person and people tend to not like when they feel they are being attacked. Boy, doesn't that sound familiar?

Right and her wording is that she enjoys seeing such upset happens, which comes at the cost of the PvEer suffering. She did not consider for a second how the PvE guilds feel when backed into a corner, only what she wants to happen in the game. This in itself feels particularly offensive, wouldnt you agree?

Edited by Iceflake

Posted (edited)

Dont you think its a bit sadistic to want to back someone into the corner to have your fun? Why torture for challenge when there are plenty of large pvp guild awaiting you?

I'm not the one doing that. And the ones who would don't value you the way I do. They would only torture you in that way because to them you're a non factor. (They'll even tell you as much, because they're short sighted) these guilds live in the now with little mind for the long game. They retain that power only as long as the community allows them. Like a corrupt government sometimes you have to stand up and overthrow them.

I'm the type that would stand with you to topple that tyrannical power. I prefer to lead strategy based smaller Pvp guilds as opposed to large hardcore guilds that can rest on zergs if things aren't going their way. (I'm not saying that's all they do but it's in their back pocket)

To people like me, you guys are what's in our back pocket, and usually you're way more pissed off at them, and want to see them knocked off the top of the hill more than we do. We then align and help you prepare to attempt to force a point down their throats.

Its a victory that tastes better than any you can imagine. I was once one of those nuetral PvE leaders. Once I crossed over I never went back tho. The rewards were plentiful and enjoyable. It enhanced my enjoyment 10fold.

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

The answer to your question is; you can't, there is a reason why there are so many different games/MMORPGs etc. Each one has its own niche and playstyles etc...

Black Desert Online is a open world PvP focused MMORPG. I'm sorry you can't change it, but you can find a different game to play.

Why is it an open world PvP game you ask? Because of Node Wars, Taxes, Castles, Guild Seiges, etc. The whole point of playing past level 55 is to partisipate in PvP. The lack of player trading only proves this is not a PVE focused game. I'm sorry it just isnt. 

Posted

How about playing cooperatively?  Crafting, gathering, trading, grinding, leveling, enhancing, and general progress?  You know, everything else in the entire game except attacking/being attacked by random players?

yeah sure lets stitch together a t shirt to some NPC how very exciting.

Posted (edited)

Why the ----- does everyone on forums think they can change the freaking game. Go make your own damn game and do it the way you want it to be. Period.

You will NEVEr satisfy every single person playing this game. Just leave it the way it is.

Edited by XkiviX

Posted (edited)

I've been ganked when fishing, waiting for boss scrolls, fighting mobs in a mostly empty area (literally just moved down to the other end of the area after I was attacked and was able to grind just fine there).  Stopped playing my main because I'm tired of having to avoid other players so now I'm just leveling alts to 45 then creating a new one.  

And the reason I said their argument isn't worth discussing is because it is invalid.  Even if it does happen that people "grief" you by stealing mobs just steal them back.  They won't be getting nearly as many kills with you in the area and you'll only lose a little bit of exp for the minute or so it takes before they move on.  If they persist because they're a jerk then just switch channels or out grind them.  

In essence, it is PKers complaining that now others can grief them even though the overall impact on their game is far less than when they grief us.  That is why I dismiss that argument and I thought I explained it clearly enough.  But there's some additional detail if you must.

So you are suggesting that when you are doing guild quests and have to kill 150 cyclops in a timed fashion and some randos appears, it is easy to just deal with it ? Or the guys farming Ogres should just wait (at least they have the choice to switch channels) a little more between respawns ? Or you just you have no idea of what I'm talking about ? These are just examples.

And I'm sorry for you really, I've been ganked without any purpose exactly once and I could have avoided it by afking somewhere safe instead of next to one of the most contested area. Did you try to change channels to avoid the "jerks" ? Are you in a guild ?

Appart from grinding/leveling I'm pretty sure you can't cooperate with anyone to do these activities.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted (edited)

I'm not the one doing that. And the ones who would don't value you the way I do. They would only torture you in that way because to them you're a non factor. (They'll even tell you as much, because they're short sighted) these guilds live in the now with little mind for the long game. They retain that power only as long as the community allows them. Like a corrupt government sometimes you have to stand up and overthrow them.

I'm the type that would stand with you to topple that tyrannical power. I prefer to lead strategy based smaller Pvp guilds as opposed to large hardcore guilds that can rest on zergs if things aren't going their way. (I'm not saying that's all they do but it's in their back pocket)

To people like me, you guys are what's in our back pocket, and usually you're way more pissed off at them, and want to see them knocked off the top of the hill more than we do. We then align and help you prepare to attempt to force a point down their throats.

Its a victory that tastes better than any you can imagine. I was once one of those nuetral PvE leaders. Once I crossed over I never went back tho. The rewards were plentiful and enjoyable. It enhanced my enjoyment 10fold.

But some of us would not prefer retaliation. Its fine for those that do, but why oppose giving an option for those that dont? If numbers is a problem, I am sure that there are enough smaller sized PvP guilds to band together? My guild of three people would be absolute non factor in any war, yet we suffer all the same(please note that this is very much an exaggeration, as of now our guild is very happy and non 45, this is all hypothetical scenarios in preparation of future guild content). Not only do we not have the power to fight back, nor do we have any desire to fight back. For people like us, PvE server would be the best option.

I should apologize for the backlash as OP pointed out. What i was implying was the disagreement with the generalization of the desire for revenge, not the implication of you in a oppressive position.

Edited by Iceflake

Posted

yeah sure lets stitch together a t shirt to some NPC how very exciting.

Hey, I don't find PvP fun but you don't see me complaining about it if others want to participate in it.  Is the idea that someone else finds aspects of a game appealing that you don't so strange to you?

Posted (edited)

MMOs are by nature competitive whether it be in levels, gear, achievements, or content progression. If you think that players are going to hug each other and sing kumbaya outside of friends, guilds, and the occasional party, you're in the wrong genre of video game.

Edited by Serenei

Posted

Ur whole post is just a sad, the people who QQ about being killed are even more sad. U bought this game with the knowledge about the rules of the games then play it like that, and don't start to cry about the rules cause it's not on ur advantage. People who QQ please ask urself, u like the game or not? If u like please keep playing, if u don't like, give ur comment why and then decide to keep playing or stop. But asking a game to change stuff to please urself, that's selfish. If u play football and u hate to being tackled cause it hurts bad then don't play, or get good and better and avoid that tackle. If people here like the whole idea of fishing, breeding, then go play fishing simulator or horse breed simulator.  And stop whining about that u will being Pk'd or Ks etc. this is a game mechanic. Game rules that u and me already know before we bought the game. So why changin rules cause of a couple people who cries about it? And guys who cry that much, u need to understand that the more of ur cry post on the forums and in-game the more people getting pleasure to kill u? I don't pk that much, but since so many people crying about it, I get more pleasure to pk people. And I hope I pk someone who cries about being pk'd. 

Posted (edited)

So you are suggesting that when you are doing guild quests and have to kill 150 cyclops in a timed fashion and some randos appears, it is easy to just deal with it ? Or the guys farming Ogres should just wait (at least they have the choice to switch channels) a little more between respawns ? These are just examples.

And I'm sorry for you really, I've been ganked without any purpose exactly once and I could have avoided it by afking somewhere safe instead of next to one of the most contested area. Did you try to change channels to avoid the "jerks" ? Are you in a guild ?

Yeah, actually.  My girlfriend and I encountered a group doing this quest and you know what?  They invited us to a party and we worked together to kill them.  We even stayed around for a while after we had completed our quest to help them out because they were so nice.  But honestly if your entire guild can't outdo some random people who are being jerks and won't leave then that's really surprising.

As far as ogres, yeah.  That's what I do and a lot of others who are respectful towards others.  If the place is too busy then just come back later or change channels to one that is less busy.  It's called being a decent human being and working together so everyone can enjoy their time in the game.

And don't worry so much about me, I've only died a few times to it as I usually just escape.  It's more annoying than anything.  I avoid guilds because then I'd have to deal with unwanted guild wars and I generally just change channels when someone is being particularly annoying.  So I can get around it but it does get depressing that people defend that kind of attitude towards others in a game like this.  Especially when people try to oppose the solution that would very likely correct these problems in the first place.

Edited by Professional N00b

Posted (edited)

Ur whole post is just a sad, the people who QQ about being killed are even more sad. U bought this game with the knowledge about the rules of the games then play it like that, and don't start to cry about the rules cause it's not on ur advantage. People who QQ please ask urself, u like the game or not? If u like please keep playing, if u don't like, give ur comment why and then decide to keep playing or stop. But asking a game to change stuff to please urself, that's selfish. If u play football and u hate to being tackled cause it hurts bad then don't play, or get good and better and avoid that tackle. If people here like the whole idea of fishing, breeding, then go play fishing simulator or horse breed simulator.  And stop whining about that u will being Pk'd or Ks etc. this is a game mechanic. Game rules that u and me already know before we bought the game. So why changin rules cause of a couple people who cries about it? And guys who cry that much, u need to understand that the more of ur cry post on the forums and in-game the more people getting pleasure to kill u? I don't pk that much, but since so many people crying about it, I get more pleasure to pk people. And I hope I pk someone who cries about being pk'd. 

Could you please refrain from being insulting? Everyone in here may not be acting fully nice to each other, but you are the first person to come in here and insult. Thanks!

6.3. Interacting with other users

• Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.
  • The User shall not attack or insult other users for having different opinions or for making statements the User disagrees with. Challenging the opinions or statements of other users is permitted, attacking the person holding them is not. If the User finds the actions of other users in breach of the forum rules, the Report Function should be used in order to bring the case to the attention of the moderator team. The case will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.
  • The user shall not "name and shame" other users. If a user is suspected to have broken Terms of Service / Terms of Use or taken part in fraudulent activities it should be reported directly to Daum Games Europe by submit a support ticket.
Edited by Dartendal

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0