• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I heard a lot of players complain about the expensive costumes in the chat today and that they are willing to...

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard a lot of players complain about the expensive costumes in the chat today and that they are willing to gladly purchase visual costumization such as costumes and outfits if the prize would be greatly reduces. 30Eur seems too much for the majority.

Daum / Pearl Abyss you can simply merge that with your ideas to either give out incentives like you already did with the Maewa Seals (speaking of Pet advertisment and to invest in micro amounts in that way... or "micro-er" amounts compared to the overall prizing..) or simply break all prizes after a certain period in half. Or make specials sales more often! 70% reduced on certain costumes. People will buy that. But the higher the prize is, ofc the fewer pay.

I know this is your first MMO and thus cash-shop. Across the board the most successful cash shops were always those who had a large variety of items at a low prize. That is overall the most popular model and yields the most amount of income, over a longer period of time. You can not rely only on "Brand New Release, come buy for major cash!" ideas...

Contemplate and improve, thank you!

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think you understand how successful BDO's cash shop is.

They are making more money than they would be lowering the prices - literally everyone I know and play with (100+ players) has spent money in the cash shop.

Many have spend hundreds. The prices are here to stay.

10 people like this

Posted

I see enough people with costumes.

Posted

Daum has already responded to this by saying "f--- you, we made a lot of money off of the current prices so we're not changing anything".

Might be paraphrasing a bit, but that's basically what they did.  Huge middle finger to their customer base.

Posted

i dont think you know what a majority is.

its not you. and not some people in a chat :P

Posted

Welcome to the 5th Ave of gaming.

No window-shopping plz

Posted

I think we really needed another cash shop thread. 

1 person likes this

Posted

i dont think you know what a majority is.

its not you. and not some people in a chat :P

No, I don't think you know what a majority is. You may spend $500 a month, but that doesn't make you the majority of the population.

Posted

if only customer could think about themsleves as a group and not as individual !! Daum and pearl abyss would change their mind really fast and make the game just awesome.

awesome community make an awesome pressure on the publisher, greedy and individual community bring to what happen today, daum and pearl can grab ton of cash easy.

Posted

So long as people are willing to pay prices will stay.. and apparently the majority are willing..even reluctantly.. to pay. I definitely put a fair amount into virtual Barbie simulator so I can't really complain : p

Posted

No, I don't think you know what a majority is. You may spend $500 a month, but that doesn't make you the majority of the population.

well, i didnt talk about majorities, you know :D

i talked about a completely wrong inductive conclusion. 

Posted

I think we really needed another cash shop thread. 

The complaints will continue until the causals improve.

Posted

He is part of the group that produces the majority of revenue though, and that's more important to a business.

Posted

eOSECHR.gif

2 people like this

Posted

a lot of players complain

too much for the majority.

People will buy that

the fewer pay.

Stop using these words please, you don't speak for the community and you have NO facts to back you up. For every person that YOU have spoken to that says the prices are too much, I have spoken to another person that says the price is fine. For every person YOU have spoken that says they will buy if the price drops, I have spoken to another person that says they will stop buying if the price drops.

Stop pulling words and figures out of your arse please, you have no information on the amount of people buying or not buying. If the prices are too much for YOU, then don't buy. 

1 person likes this

Posted

He is part of the group that produces the majority of revenue though, and that's more important to a business.

Until there are too few people left to populate the world for the game systems to operate properly.

Posted

Costumes and Visual "buffs" are luxury contents. You don't have to buy it to be more effectives or "win" the PvP. Lowering prices is nonsense. If you want nice things you have to pay this price. If you pay more Daum can give us more real contents too. pay-pay-pay-pay-pay! :D

Posted

I agree 30€ for a costume is a bit much but they have to make money somehow and I'd rather have that than them selling things like Blackstones on there. 

2 people like this

Posted

I heard a lot of players complain about the expensive costumes in the chat today and that they are willing to gladly purchase visual costumization such as costumes and outfits if the prize would be greatly reduces. 30Eur seems too much for the majority.

Daum / Pearl Abyss you can simply merge that with your ideas to either give out incentives like you already did with the Maewa Seals (speaking of Pet advertisment and to invest in micro amounts in that way... or "micro-er" amounts compared to the overall prizing..) or simply break all prizes after a certain period in half. Or make specials sales more often! 70% reduced on certain costumes. People will buy that. But the higher the prize is, ofc the fewer pay.

I know this is your first MMO and thus cash-shop. Across the board the most successful cash shops were always those who had a large variety of items at a low prize. That is overall the most popular model and yields the most amount of income, over a longer period of time. You can not rely only on "Brand New Release, come buy for major cash!" ideas...

Contemplate and improve, thank you!

If I see another thread about this exact same thing 

Posted

Until there are too few people left to populate the world for the game systems to operate properly.

Thank god there are 120,000 people logging in every day that disagree with you. Games like Tera and AA have populations that are under 10,000 yet for some reason still function. If you're waiting for the game to die due to the cash shop prices you might as well buy a cash shop bed, it's going to be a very very very long wait. 

2 people like this

Posted

I think it's too expensive also but I will still buy some regardless because:

1. This game is amazing
  2. The prices won't change permanently and we do have sales even if it's not on costumes.  That's better than nothing.
  3. It's me who loses out by not buying, not them.  They aren't going to miss my money, but I will forever want the costumes, pets, etc.
  4. They don't even have proper staffing amounts from what I hear, maybe they need some of that money to be spent in the US servers to prove they can support hiring more before it's approved.  I have no idea!

Keep eyes out for sales, you may see some things you want show up. 

Posted

I think it's too expensive also but I will still buy some regardless because:

1. This game is amazing
  2. The prices won't change permanently and we do have sales even if it's not on costumes.  That's better than nothing.
  3. It's me who loses out by not buying, not them.  They aren't going to miss my money, but I will forever want the costumes, pets, etc.
  4. They don't even have proper staffing amounts from what I hear, maybe they need some of that money to be spent in the US servers to prove they can support hiring more before it's approved.  I have no idea!

Keep eyes out for sales, you may see some things you want show up. 

I wouldn't buy anything even if it went on sale.  I always prefer to pay a fair up front cost vs supporting high prices for artificial scarcity bullshit.

Posted

Personally, I'm of the opinion that they would make a lot more money if they lowered their prices a bit. I know I will never buy a costume for that price, whether I can afford it or not.

For every person YOU have spoken that says they will buy if the price drops, I have spoken to another person that says they will stop buying if the price drops.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

2 people like this

Posted

I wouldn't buy anything even if it went on sale.  I always prefer to pay a fair up front cost vs supporting high prices for artificial scarcity bullshit.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that they would make a lot more money if they lowered their prices a bit. I know I will never buy a costume for that price, whether I can afford it or not.

luckily for u both that the in-game costume options are decent, huh?

Posted

For every person YOU have spoken that says they will buy if the price drops, I have spoken to another person that says they will stop buying if the price drops.

You must be speaking to stupids if they will buy somethin at a higher price but won't buy the exact same thing it if it's lower.