• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The time has come. Gliders and flying mounts in cash shop

168 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I think flying mounts and gliders would be great. Gliders at the very least, as those were fun as hell in Archeage. After having it in both Archeage and Blade and Soul - along with BnS's crazy fun jumping and sprinting - it was disappointing to come here to such limited movement. I don't expect transportation to ever get as fun as BnS's, but some gliding if nothing else would be fantastic.

Posted

bullshit? This is just new content, the game itself must progress in time and keep trying to get better. The sentiment of freedom when flying on your own pegasus just adds to the exprerience.

Progress does not means make from the game mish-mash.

Posted

i014240.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

No thank you :)

There may come a time in the future, sure.  I can imagine breeding those creatures will be great, I just don't think we're there yet.  I suspect the world will get larger.  I also think it'd be wise to get node wars and other features in, work out whatever issues that creates because Murphy's Law.

Flying mounts / space winnebagos will affect warfare greatly, or at least could if they wanted to make it that way.  I'd keep that ace up my sleeve for further down the road.

Luckily for you though, it's not my call ^_^

Posted

bdo_p2w.thumb.jpg.e4be0ace358ad28d305cb6

Posted

@Twizted Sizter

@Dremlock

@Che

Thank you so much for this entertaining dialog inside this post, it was realy funny to read ^-^

1 person likes this

Posted

We dont need these kind of things like glider of flying mounts like pegasus or anything. Its not Archeage or anything like that. The classic mounts (horse/donkey) is the best for this game, and i hope the devs remains in that direction. We dont need another WoW clone MMO, Black Desert started a new way, and its ok. This game is realistic and thats why we like it so much.

Posted

We dont need these kind of things like glider of flying mounts like pegasus or anything. Its not Archeage or anything like that. The classic mounts (horse/donkey) is the best for this game, and i hope the devs remains in that direction. We dont need another WoW clone MMO, Black Desert started a new way, and its ok. This game is realistic and thats why we like it so much.

How is a glider unrealistic? And since when did WoW invent the concept of flight, even flying mounts? You sound to me like you're disagreeing just for the sake of denying things that someone wants. Not that it matters, given that none of us make the decisions.

And this game isn't realistic. Step back for two and a half seconds and examine the classes we play. Examine what our supposed horses can do. It's perfectly unrealistic fantasy in a world that for some reason seems unaffected by magic despite its prevalence...

Posted

One of the biggest complain about gliders or flying mounts was/is that it destroy the vastness of the open world.

In my personal view, the current state of the game doesn't need a flying mount. Mainly due to the horizontal world design. Even though we have mountains covering certain areas, the use of vertical space in this game is very limited. I can think of only 1 or 2 places which have vertical space to use a glider.

If you think about a game like Blade & Soul, the game has so many places that can be used as starting points for gliders.

Further, I didn't find any lore that support flying mounts. But i can be wrong.

Posted

One of the biggest complain about gliders or flying mounts was/is that it destroy the vastness of the open world.

In my personal view, the current state of the game doesn't need a flying mount. Mainly due to the horizontal world design. Even though we have mountains covering certain areas, the use of vertical space in this game is very limited. I can think of only 1 or 2 places which have vertical space to use a glider.

If you think about a game like Blade & Soul, the game has so many places that can be used as starting points for gliders.

Further, I didn't find any lore that support flying mounts. But i can be wrong.

I'm still fairly certain that a glider would neither destroy vastness nor be unrealistic in the least. And there are tons of places to jump from to use a glider in this game...

Now a flying mount would fit your argument, and I can't say much against that. You could fly high and bypass the landscape entirely (even though I personally think the views this would provide would be amazing). A glider is constantly descending, so it's not going to destroy the vastness at all. And we don't have a solid Mount Everest to traverse half the world in one go either.

All that being said, this game's falling mechanics are broken (experience from using night crow while falling as a sorc). Gliders probably wouldn't work unless they fixed a number of inherent flaws anyway.

Posted

I'm still fairly certain that a glider would neither destroy vastness nor be unrealistic in the least. And there are tons of places to jump from to use a glider in this game...

Now a flying mount would fit your argument, and I can't say much against that. You could fly high and bypass the landscape entirely (even though I personally think the views this would provide would be amazing). A glider is constantly descending, so it's not going to destroy the vastness at all. And we don't have a solid Mount Everest to traverse half the world in one go either.

All that being said, this game's falling mechanics are broken (experience from using night crow while falling as a sorc). Gliders probably wouldn't work unless they fixed a number of inherent flaws anyway.

Then go and play Archeage. The game is good as it now, the flying mount will ruin everything. And thanks god, they didnt put anything like wizard opens a portal to a city..You need to run/walk to the destination with horse or without horse.   Oh and noone said that glider is unrealistic. Before you comment or reply to someone just read it twice before you hit the Submit Reply bottom.

Posted

Then go and play Archeage. The game is good as it now, the flying mount will ruin everything. And thanks god, they didnt put anything like wizard opens a portal to a city..You need to run/walk to the destination with horse or without horse.   Oh and noone said that glider is unrealistic. Before you comment or reply to someone just read it twice before you hit the Submit Reply bottom.

I was replying to a general sentiment that you seemed to be defending - only the portion regarding vastness had anything to do with you specifically. And while we're on the subject of reading, maybe you should read enough to realize that I said I had no argument against the issue of a flying mount, and only defended gliders.

And no, I'm not going to play another game. Should they ever happen to add gliders though, I make the same suggestion to you.

Posted

No.

Daum won't see this anyways, overseas opinion don't matter in the end for development :)

Moreover, could you guys stop trying to change the core of the game? 

It's meant to differentiate from other games, where you have to travel rather than teleport so please, stop. It's really annoying. 

Posted (edited)

Just please no. Also why no poll for this? But please... Just no. 

Edited by Deckz

Posted

cause muh immersion!

meh, I can understand because of risk and pvp.  But immersion is not a valid factor. If we go that route it beaks immersion having a pegasus that cant fly and a unicorn that cant teleport

Posted

If you want to see % do a poll, but not everyone goes to the forum.

Posted (edited)

It has been the topic of heated debate ingame with more than 70% of the community in favor of it versus an extremelly vocal 30% minority. 

Gliders and flying mounts. 

Given that we are not able to teleport from a city to another ( within game's intended mechanic) it is capital that the players have access to decent locomotion options.

I think 25$ for a ultimate glider or flying mount like griffin, pegasus, owl, dragon etc is a great option for everyone on top of putting them in the world too for non paying customers to obtain also.

So today I ask you here, what do you think of flying vehicules, mounts and stuff? Great thing for our future? 

As always and for the good of the community, please refrain from using vulgarities. Stay with ToS and be civil and polite to one another.

God bless you all

-Epeen Lord Commander of Edan, protector of the realm defender of the 7 seas.

You and the other "70%" should think about playing (or going back to) World of Warcraft, there is everything you need there.

Edited by Farseer FitzChivalry

Posted

You and the other "70%" should think about playing (or going back to) World of Warcraft, there is everything you need there.

Oh lord that avatar

Posted

For the folks referencing WoW, and since part of the premise of this thread is that "it is time" for flying mounts...

WoW launched in 2004.

Flying mounts in WoW were introduced in 2007 with the Burning Crusade expansion.

3 years.

It isn't time here B|

Also, while you may not like WoW, I'd be willing to bet all of someone else's pearls that many of you are simply jumping on a popular bandwagon to be one of the cool kids who dislikes WoW.  Heck, some of you might barely have been born in 2004 :)  World of Warcraft, in its day, at its prime, which lasted a very long time by industry standards, was simply revolutionary.  The population size it boasted, the wide variety and diversity of people that played together... the massive amounts of money it brought in... from a historical standpoint, I believe it was part of a cultural shift bringing computer games out of relative shadows and into the mainstream.  At the time, that was a great thing.

This whole cool-to-hate-WoW non-sense is about as completely dumb as people who play shooters invoking CoD every time they want to insult someone.  1) be a little more creative, imaginative, and original.  2) it's a freakin' game.  Either you like it, or you don't, but either side you fall on doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else. 

Thanks for the soapbox, who's next?

1 person likes this

Posted

meh, I can understand because of risk and pvp.  But immersion is not a valid factor. If we go that route it beaks immersion having a pegasus that cant fly and a unicorn that cant teleport

I don't care if they add it or not, but people thinking you can't add these mechanics in without breaking the core design of the game are rather unimaginative. And gladly they aren't developers/designers. 

So yes, immersion is a factor (and arguably the only factor). Many games live around roleplaying, especially one with that in its title. Immersion is as important an aspect as how geared you are. And the ones who legitimately decline such an addition only have this as a real crutch.

I'm not sure what your statement about the Peg and unicorn is about. They have them in the game?

Posted

Well...this is a funny topic, given that Pearl Abyss showed they were working on pegasus, unicorn, and nightmare horse mounts...  Supposedly, these mounts work like gliders.

However, I'm with the OP.  I, too, want to glide from the top of the Valkyrie tower all the way until...well wherever it is I'd end up.

Posted

Until this would happen I would probably have T9 horse and would get faster anywhere.

Posted (edited)

Pearl Abyss is already working on T9 horses which include unicorns, fire-horses, and a pegasus (which does glide). They showed artwork for them at a press release April 2nd if I recall the date correctly. Point is, they already ARE going in that direction. 

EDIT: Adding a source if you want to read more. http://www.steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/2008-black-desert-upcoming-future-content 

Edited by Eleski

Posted

My feelings toward this subject is that I would like to see gliding in the game at some point but not flying, I know that in KR they plan to release T9 horses (Pegasus) which will be able to glide I just wonder how easy this will be to get, I'm afraid that a very small portion will succeed to get this mount & I don't like that :/ gliders/gliding was one of my most favorite element back when I was playing AA & I must say that I miss this feeling to climb somewhere super high like a very tall mountain & then glide all the way down, can't w8 to experience something like that in BD also.

Posted (edited)

Who is too lazy to get good mounts? Who?

Good mount can very fast and you're in short time from one side to other side. Can even faster than glider of flying mount.

(Watch for example horse race videos on youtube - fast horse is really fast!)

And ofc, we don't need turn it in WoW Version 2. WoW has own things, keep that. BDO has own ways, keep that.

That makes each MMO unique. Keep that. We don't need copy everything.

Bottomline: Ride fast through the world is more exciting than flying in the air: it makes world moving slow behind you. Not exciting at all.

Edited by Xenosaga