• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Extend Maehwa Seal's Event For Free Pet

Extend Maehwa Seal's Event For Free Pet   263 votes

1. 1. Do you want to extend the event so everyone can get his own free pet or not?

• Extend the event to get Hawk pet!
    • I'd rather play 5000 hours to get a free pet.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

105 posts in this topic

Posted

40k views.... that's NOTHING.   In the world of social media, that's worse than most MRA's & Unboxers get xD

Get f****ing serious plz.     Also that's not even IN the GAME UI where the rest of us were living.  There was no NPC or hints anywhere in the game that said "Oh hey you might wanna save up ALL OF THESE".   Nice try but you're just a flunky flanclubber defending something that nor even the CR's would try to defend

So you had no way of knowing ingame that you were getting an ingame item for clicking on a reward icon that pops up on your screen, in which has an item ingame that says  hey combine this many and get a reward.

Posted

you had all the infos that you needed to know that you could get a free pet with 12 maehwa seal not daum fault,you should read forums or patch noted at least

Basically this. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am actually happy that DAUM is giving 14 seals instead of only 12 (that's 2 extra days to get them) because I had no connection for 2 days in a row during the event, so I missed 2 of them. Hopefully I won't have any more issues and get the 12. the only situation where I would be willing to cave a little is if someone is under a situation (out of their control) that does not allow them to connect to the game (That's kind of hard to legitimize though, like my personal situation a couple of days ago)

Okay so why is 2 extra perfect, while 3 extra would be completely out of the question?

Seems really arbitrary to me and the bulk of the opposition to this boils down to childish coveting:

"It's a cool thing that I got and YOU DON'T GET because you're not in my In-Group and therefore it wouldn't be cool if you were allowed to have it too"

Is this really the mentality that the Publisher wants to cater to and encourage more of??   ....Trust me Daum, you won't like that chicken when it comes home to roost

Edited by iller

Posted

Okay so why is 2 extra perfect, while 3 extra would be completely out of the question?

Oh, I'm not judging what's better, I'm just saying that if anything, we are lucky they gave 2 extra ones...is that wrong? O.o

Anyway, I think a lot of responses in this thread are extremely vitriolic. One cannot ask a question, start a poll or make a petition without expecting to get a keyboard beating by a bunch psychotic forum dwellers.

Posted

I can't believe people are this bent out of shape over a friggin digital pet...I mean the 10 bucks it would cost to buy it would be worth saving the minutes of your life you are losing to rage. Relax and live longer.

You're not acting like a mature rational adult. Stop reaching and overrating. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Many of us don't know that 12 Maehwa seals give 4 Blackstone (Armor) + 6 Blackstone (Weapon) + 10 fragment of memory + 1 pet Hawk, (PET FOR FREE!!!)  the problem is that many of us used some seals before they know about the pet and it's impossible to get more seals by 4th of May, do you want to extend the event for few more days so everyone can get there Hawk pet?

Next time, read the event notes when an Event happens. It's not Daums fault that you didn't inform yourself of the event.

Posted

LOL No.

Posted

Voting no, only because it isn't THEIR fault that you didn't read their announcement.

Posted

Voting no, only because it isn't THEIR fault that you didn't read their announcement.

But you're still ignoring math.   ....way more than 40k people log into this game every day

Posted

But you're still ignoring math.   ....way more than 40k people log into this game every day

Math isn't relevant, its your own responsibility to look at patch notes and events, not Daum's to spoonfeed you.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are fixated on the wrong things. 

It doesn't really matter how many people chose not to read it, and also many people have social skills and interact with other players. I'm sure a good handful of people learned the specifics of how the system works by talking to other players. I know I was in on a few conversations about it myself, explaining it to others...

People who were curious asked or help in channel or guild chat. That's an option too. 

Posted

Survival of the fittest.

Posted

The 3 hours you spent arguing on this thread couldve had you work irl and buy 3-4 pets

2 people like this

Posted

Really? That's weird. I'll reupload the image and also provide a puush link in case you still can't see it. http://puu.sh/oAf0Y/8f03efe4ee.jpg
2 Armor blackstones | 3 Weapon Blackstones | 5 Fragment of Memory | 4 Armor blackstone + 6 Weapon blackstone + 10 Fragment of Memory + Pet Hawk

arrange.jpg

cool

thanks

that I can see

(and yes, the link is blocked - again not surprising)

Posted (edited)

Math isn't relevant

wow... if this is the caliber of intellectualism arguing against my points then I should just go ahead and proclaim Victory right now.

Only problem is that next to no one who actually plays the game would see it o.O

Edited by iller

Posted

wow... if this is the caliber of intellectualism arguing against my points then I should just go ahead and proclaim Victory right now.

Only problem is that next to no one who actually plays the game would see it o.O

Daum posted the information where everyone could find it. It is not their responsibility to spoonfeed you or anyone else. Anyone with half a brain would look at the ingame description and go: hmm, I wonder what I can get from those. They would then go look up some info about it. Where's the first place you look? On the game forums. The topic in the EVENTS section (the name is a bit of a giveaway) clearly states what you get for the various amounts of seals (without the need for any of the pictures even).

Posted

4343454.jpg

Posted

It should be intuitive that the best rewards comes from using the most seals. "Oh, this is a 14-day event, that is 14 seals, what can I get from that?" Even before knowing about the pet, it just makes sense to save the seals.

Posted

THIS is you fault.. ill name my hawk after you.

Posted

Pics or the instructions didn't happen  ....  Void offer if the U.I.'s usual terrible design obfuscated any part of it

And if I come up short by ONE GODDAMNED DAY b/c of this, I'm going to be extremely pissed at Daum and I WON'T be buying anything from their Cash shop for a very long time.  It's not b/c I want a free pet either, I hate the bird pets, their buggy pathing DESTROYS the immersion. This is about their their messaging on this event being Terrible.  This is just plain unprofessional P.R. imo that was intended to only cater to Reddit swelling No-lifers.   Whereas those of us who spend every minute in the game instead had no means of knowing this was the case until 4 days in after a ton of other very invested people all made the same mistake

They might as well of just had a promotion/coupon that only Twitter account owners could participate in or some of the other stupid crap we've seen game companies do over the years that intentionally leaves large swaths of their player base with 11 seals .... it just rubs Lemon juice in the already existing Paper Cut for no reason 

PS:  It wouldn't cost them a single bit of Creditbility to extend this by ONE day, but it would earn them a shitload of brownie points with all the players who expect Clarity in their Buy-to-Play pay models

ok

Posted

Many of us don't know that 12 Maehwa seals give 4 Blackstone (Armor) + 6 Blackstone (Weapon) + 10 fragment of memory + 1 pet Hawk, (PET FOR FREE!!!)  the problem is that many of us used some seals before they know about the pet and it's impossible to get more seals by 4th of May, do you want to extend the event for few more days so everyone can get there Hawk pet?

pretty much what the guy under you said. If you cant read thats on you. They even gave extra 2 days for a total of 14 seals. Dont blame the game blame your self on not reading simple patch notes. Sorry i feel for you but really man too much begging going on in this forum for ppls own mistakes. 

Posted

I like how everyone is rage spamming " IT'S YOUR FAULT" i never said it's not my fault, and never said it's daum's fault.

I simply asked to extend the event 1-2 days more so people like me who rushed at it could still benefit ^_^

Cheers thanks for the support :D

Posted

Woot this post gave me a good laugh of how people don't read the patch notes and ya had 3 days to notice people going around spamming there was a free pet in channel chats before it too late to get enough seals.

Posted

Didn't read the patch notes or event, I "ASKED" channel chat and my guild.

Posted (edited)

Then many of you didn't read simple instructions....

You've already got had plenty of time for it. The Tooltip on the item itself says you can use 12 and (vaguely) that you'd get the best rewards from it.I

The simple instructions , you mean the simple instruction when you mouse over the seal ?

The tool tip says the same thing on the 3 , 6 , 9 and 12 seals ( only the shapes are different )

You will receive a "receive maehwa seal bundle 3 , 6 , 9 , 12 

Yes on some level its obvious that the 12 gives more then the 3 but how the hell are people suppose to know any of those even give a pet.

( if your answer is read the forums, please continue reading to the next 2 white knights i quoted )

ROFL..... next time read Patch Notes....

Learn to read when the game posts information. That simple.

Since when is a requirement in ANY game to read the forums on a daily base, so you infact have to google / go to forums on every item you get / wanna use just incase ?

( Archeage did this even worse "we stated it on twitter" and look where they are now.....

For you to have used some, you had to position them.... how did you know how to do this without lookin at the post?

Now this one..... ill try to keep it simple for you.... go ingame... mouse over  a seal and READ .....then get out of your chair.... go to a wall..... and well you know.... HEAD > WALL * BANG *

TO CLARIFY

I don't need this pet i already got all 3 pets, now you can believe this or not whatever, i'm not here to argue with 12 years old's that's what your mom is for.

I dropped quite some $$$ on this game already, and the reason for that is because i really like the game... so i would hate to see this game go downhill as fast as Archeage did, and from experience stupid things like this WILL contribute to that. on top of that the toxic comments from people here defending Daum thinking they will get something out of it or something.... just sad....

I for one can completely understand why some people messed up, and i hope Daum will do something to help these people or at the VERY least prevent these things in future events.... not for me not for you but for the sake of game...

Edited by Darkeh