• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Skill Change Coupons... What the hell Daum.

102 posts in this topic

Posted

So I leveled up a tier 6 horse to level 30 hoping I'd get the two seater skill, but I didn't, so I used a horse skill change coupon and it didn't go through.

Then I decided to buy more to see if I'll get it, still nothing.

I spent $40 worth of skill change coupons... still didn't get the skill.

Daum, please remove the RNG from this aspect of the game, it has no place to be there.

d4f399ed26.jpg

10 people like this

Posted

Why doesn't it belong there? Level up a new horse if you don't want to spend more money for it. You're not entitled to the skill.

2 people like this

Posted

Paying more than the game itself for a mere skill change?

Come on, let's be real, this sort of gambling does not belong in the game, no other item has that kind of RNG in the game other than dyes which you keep the results for the RNG box and is not just a mere switch.

17 people like this

Posted

Come on, let's be real, this sort of gambling does not belong in the game, no other item has that kind of RNG in the game other than dyes which you keep the results for the RNG box and is not just a mere switch.

SELL THE HORSE, LEVEL ANOTHER ONE. thats how it works.

4 people like this

Posted

I wouldn't have bought all of those skill change coupons if I had known I had quite literally no chance of getting the skill.

I just wanted the two seater skill and be happy with it until T8 comes out and ended up spending $40 for no reward.

Quit shilling to Daum, this is a real issue.

9 people like this

Posted

no ones fault besides yours that you chose to spend that much for the resets. Also do as said above and just try with another horse. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't have bought all of those skill change coupons if I had known I had quite literally no chance of getting the skill.

I just wanted the two seater skill and be happy with it until T8 comes out and ended up spending $40 for no reward.

Quit shilling to Daum, this is a real issue.

I hate to be the person who says this, but welcome to modern MMO RNG driven Cash Shops. I'm sorry your first experience with one had to be in this game, but really, many games have it way worse. I'm not saying that that makes it right, but it's not something that's new or exclusive to Daum.

2 people like this

Posted

apparently more u try the chances to get that skill increases, so keep going u will get that at some point, u lucky theres a progression in it

Posted

Is someone new to gaming? 

Posted

Those failed skill changes are building fail stacks for you at least (Number to the right of the skill). It's a high value skill, of course it'll be tough to get.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, why then they offer a skill change scroll? In my opinion, these type of cash shop items which only gives you a chance (where you don't even know the odds) to get what you want are a blatant rip-off.

Easy to say now to get another horse - he already wasted 40 bucks ... that's an expensive lesson.

Take BDO under your scrutiny, and you'll find that it is created in such a way that it always will tease you to spend money at the cash shop. Daum is not a buddy of yours, never forget that.

3 people like this

Posted

v1NGvLX.jpg.02e5c0e875adb6283f98534af0eb

Posted

I feel you here lol. None of my T6s got two seater naturally so I tried horse skill change...

2016-04-24_41061740_01.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I feel you here lol. None of my T6s got two seater naturally so I tried horse skill change...

2016-04-24_41061740_01.jpg

That's way worse than what I experienced...

I don't know if hope does really increase your chances of getting your desired skill...

Daum really needs to clear up what are the odds of getting your desired skill, because right now this is blind gamble.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe the two of us just have poop luck haha. I haven't seen anyone get the skill they wanted yet though.

Posted

Maybe the two of us just have poop luck haha. I haven't seen anyone get the skill they wanted yet though.

Did you submit a support ticket?

This sort of thing really shouldn't happen, it's a huge scam.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've seen 2-3 horses with the 2 seater horse skill.. buy it off there..

Posted

The odds of getting one of the more desirable skills with a reset coupon are pretty low.   It took me a little over 30 coupons to get sprint and I'm sitting at 33 for sideways move. 

Posted

The odds of getting one of the more desirable skills with a reset coupon are pretty low.   It took me a little over 30 coupons to get sprint and I'm sitting at 33 for sideways move. 

I feel people really need to be aware of those odds.

Daum really needs to change this.

Posted

I feel people really need to be aware of those odds.

Daum really needs to change this.

I was aware of the terrible odds before I rolled my skills.  There was information posted about this a few weeks ago.  I rolled mine regardless.  Nobody to blame but myself on my rolls.  I do think they should be way more transparent concerning the odds especially when you are essentially gambling with real money for in game content.  As this becomes more prevalent in games I suspect law makers will one day recognize it as gambling and will regulate it.  For now though, gaming companies are in a good position to make a lot of money for nothing.  

Posted

Yea it's honestly a gamble, but I understood that.  It's not guaranteed, but at a 41 fail stack it's a little ridiculous. RNG is RNG and sadly I do not have any luck.

Posted

I have 20 fail stacks on my conquered horse. It never learned sprint in the end.

I figured the hope stacks on horses gave you a slightly better chance. NOPE

Than i find out they are PER horse not PER account. So that just rubbed salt in the wounds.

I put in a ticket and the gm said this.

The outcome of horse skill resets is completely random and isn't influenced by hope which only influences skills learned on leveling up the horse

I'm beyond pissed.

Posted

After my horse learned drift and sprint, I decided to buy 5 tickets for instant accel gambling. All I ended up with were 5 hope stacks ha!

Posted

I have 20 fail stacks on my conquered horse. It never learned sprint in the end.

Than i find out they are PER horse not PER account. So that just rubbed salt in the wounds.

The outcome of horse skill resets is completely random and isn't influenced by hope which only influences skills learned on leveling up the horse

I'm beyond pissed.

Wait why would there be a Hope button then? I'm so confused.

Posted

I'm beyond pissed.

That reads as though the "fail stacks" have absolutely no effect if a horse is level 30.  If that's true, there's no indication to a player that that's the case. That's a shitty design with a sprinkling of shady and misleading business practices thrown on top.

1 person likes this