• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Excavation Nodes

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've spent some time chasing through various forums and threads for this information. I have compiled it all together to provide for anyone else looking for those hidden nodes that provide the Trace of X items. Please let me know if there are any errors and I will update my information.

Excavation Nodes

Excavation nodes are gathering nodes which you can assign workers to. Unlike other nodes, they are hidden until you discover them by learning the knowledge from an NPC. You typically need to discover the node and then spend 35 energy at the Node Manager to unlock the excavation sub-node.

In some cases you may need to invest in the node before the knowledge will be offered to you. So if they do not have the knowledge available, connect the node and check again. I had to do this for at least one. I cannot confirm if all are like this.

These nodes will typically provide the hard to obtain "traces" which are used in higher end recipes and much of Alchemy. They also provide 2-3 junk items so you need at least 5 storage slots available in the worker's city to start work.

Balenos

Ancient Stone Chamber

• Allows excavation of Trace of Earth and Trace of Ascension
  • Knowledge from Jarette Domongatt (Node Manager for Ancient Stone Chamber)
  • Knowledge requires discovery of Ancient Stone Chamber and 35 Energy

Serendia

Glish Ruins

• Allows excavation of Trace of Origin and Trace of Hunting
  • Knowledge from Karu (Node Manager for Glish Ruins)
  • Knowledge requires discovery of Glish Ruins, investment in node, and 35 Energy

Lynch Farm Ruins

• Allows excavation of Trace of Savagery and Trace of Hunting
  • Knowledge from Zara Lynch (Node Manager for Lynch Farm Ruins)
  • Knowledge requires discovery of Lynch Farm Ruins and 35 Energy

Calpheon

Berniato Farm

• Allows excavation of Trace of Battle and Trace of Forest
  • Knowledge from Griffian Berniato (Node Manager for Berniato Farm)
  • Knowledge requires discovery of Berniato Farm and 35 Energy

Mansha Forest

• Allows excavation of Trace of Despair and Trace of Violence
  • Knowledge from Mansha (Node Manager for Mansha Forest)
  • Knowledge requires discovery of Mansha Forest, investment in node, and 35 Energy

Rhua Tree Stub

• Allows excavation of Trace of Despair and Trace of Forest
  • Knowledge from Kamasilve Priestess Lunia (Node Manager for Rhua Tree Stub)
  • Knowledge requires discovery of Rhua Tree Stub, investment in node,  and 35 Energy

Mediah

Ancient Ruins

• Allows excavation of Trace of Earth and Trace of Chaos
  • Knowledge from Jamo Hasa (Node Manager for Ancient Ruins)
  • Knowledge requires discovery of Ancient Ruins, investment in node, and 35 Energy

Other Traces...

• Trace of Memory and Trace of Death are not available from workable nodes. They are only dropped. Trace of Death can be obtained by melting some weapons (Seleth I believe?)
  • Trace of Wave is another trace which cannot be worked (yet?) but there is also little info on where you can get it as a drop.

Edited by Direpath
11 people like this

Posted

Thanks for sharing. Very helpfull 

Posted (edited)

How much do you have to invest in a node if ---

"Knowledge requires discovery of Ancient Ruins, investment in node, and 35 Energy" ?

Edit: Never mind, you meant the contribution points not energy.

Edited by Nausical_Nudibranch
edit

Posted

Are lucky human workers the best to use on these nodes?

Posted

How much do you have to invest in a node if ---

"Knowledge requires discovery of Ancient Ruins, investment in node, and 35 Energy" ?

Edit: Never mind, you meant the contribution points not energy.

I only saw this personally at Ancient Ruins. I cannot recall if I had invested in Ancient Stone Chamber. I can confirm I did not have to invest CP into Berniato Farm to have the knowledge available to me.

I haven't gotten Glish, Mansha, Lynch, or Rhua Tree yet. I will update with whatever I find when I do.

Posted

Are lucky human workers the best to use on these nodes?

I would say yes, but it will depend on the actual workers you have. An artisan goblin can probably do better than a blue human. I have a professional goblin with 13 luck I use on one node for example while the rest are humans.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this!

Edited by Indecent

Posted

Just got the Glish one. Just like Ancient Ruins it needs investment before the topic pops up.

Posted

Any node for Trace of Memory ?

Posted

Which of these would be deemed as the most important then?

Posted

Which of these would be deemed as the most important then?

Not sure what you are asking. Which node? Which type of Trace of X item?

It depends completely on you and what you are after. For example, I have one of the Trace of Earth producers being worked for use in various blood recipes and plywood hardener. I also have a guy on a trace of forest node so i can use that for making gathering clothes.

You can go around and discover the excavation nodes and then when you want to gather that material, invest CP and assign a worker as usual.

Posted

No nodes have been confirmed to drop Memory even in the KR version only a specific mob.  Ancient Ruin mobs.  That's what I was able to read about

Posted

Doesn't look like it so far...Memory, Death, and Wave do not have associated nodes yet that I have seen.

Posted

Finally some informations! I searched em excavation nodes for hours and hours but didn't find anything. I don't even remember how I knew that there were some more Nodes in addition to the usual 3 or 4 types.

Anyways thanks for shareing, I'm happy now :)

Posted

Doesn't look like it so far...Memory, Death, and Wave do not have associated nodes yet that I have seen.

I guess it's coming with Valencia, because it clearly says in the description "Can be optained through Excavation"

f03daf798e.png

Posted

Quite likely. Zinc was not workable prior to Mediah part 1 but it was available in the world.

Posted

Just finished confirming the Mansha and Rhua Tree nodes. Both require investment in the node before you can learn about excavation. Updated original post.

Posted

Fantastic guide, nicely written and information is easily understood!

I don't have anything to add other than a correction, if I may. In the EU/NA version, there is no Trace of Emergency gathered from the Ancient Stone Chamber excavation node. As Trace of Origin is also gathered there, I would assume the translation for the EU/NA version is called Trace of Ascension. I don't have an in game screenshot, but Black Desert Database has a listing of it: http://bddatabase.net/us/item/5955/

1 person likes this

Posted

Fantastic guide, nicely written and information is easily understood!

I don't have anything to add other than a correction, if I may. In the EU/NA version, there is no Trace of Emergency gathered from the Ancient Stone Chamber excavation node. As Trace of Origin is also gathered there, I would assume the translation for the EU/NA version is called Trace of Ascension. I don't have an in game screenshot, but Black Desert Database has a listing of it: http://bddatabase.net/us/item/5955/

Nice catch. It is Trace of Ascension. I should know since I have been harvesting it for weeks. I'll update the main post.

Posted

this is a very helpful post. thank you Direpath