• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Increase flag timer

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I just fought a long 1v2 where I was the one alone.(for a while)

One guy with equal stats to me and the other guy who had inferior stats than us two but not too little, he could still properly damage me.

The problem was, whenever I was about to kill the one with less stats, he unflagged himself and ran away. When he saw me fighting his friend, he flagged himself back and started using CC skills. And repeat.

So basically cowards can live without repercussions.

Instead of having about 30 seconds of flag, how about increase it to 2 minutes or a bit more?

Freakfrog's solution:

Default timer resets everytime you hit someone when flagged.

Edited by LoneWolf
11 people like this

Posted

Definitely agree.

It was annoying as hell, that they just kept flagging, just to unflag and CC those 30 secs. That's abuse of the flag system in my opinion. 

Longer flag timer won't hurt anybody anyway - except those that want to abuse it.

1 person likes this

Posted

So I just fought a long 1v2 where I was the one alone.(for a while)

One guy with equal stats to me and the other guy who had inferior stats than us two but not too little, he could still properly damage me.

The problem was, whenever I was about to kill the one with less stats, he unflagged himself and ran away. When he saw me fighting his friend, he flagged himself back and started using CC skills. And repeat.

So basically cowards can live without repercussions.

Instead of having about 30 seconds of flag, how about increase it to 2 minutes or a bit more?

They have no honor +1

200_s.gif

Posted

Bumping this, abuse should not be rewarding

Posted

Bumping this, abuse should not be rewarding

agreed 

Posted

I agree, flagging and unflagging that quickly is a big problem in the long run. 

Posted

i think it should be 30 seconds from the last time he did hit you, or it will be abused like hitting you to get you low then running away rinse and repeat until you get bored of how much pots you are forced to user then leave the farming spot for him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ehrmm, I totally understand where you are coming from but increasing the timer has a huge downside. It gives people more time to come back (after getting killed) and thus feeding someone negative karma. I guess you have heard this problem before so I will not go too much in detail about it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ehrmm, I totally understand where you are coming from but increasing the timer has a huge downside. It gives people more time to come back (after getting killed) and thus feeding someone negative karma. I guess you have heard this problem before so I will not go too much in detail about it. 

I proposed a solution to both problems; That you would not gain karma for killing a player that attacked you first, and that flagging only allows you to attack enemy players (Unless they are already attacking you, in which case you don't have to take the time to flag before defending yourself.)

Posted (edited)

oh yes I forgot about this, you're completely right. This will allow victims to respawn fast and attack again. But right now the scenario is the defenders scenario.

Eitherway I prefer two minutes flag regardless because the flagger has a choice of running away instead of turning himself untouchable the moment he is dying. If one should flag, he should know the consequences.

i think it should be 30 seconds from the last time he did hit you, or it will be abused like hitting you to get you low then running away rinse and repeat until you get bored

this sounds like a good solution. But in 2 minutes I can catch the person and kill. 

I'll add it to OP.

Edited by LoneWolf

Posted

Bump

Posted

Here's my suggestion:

You flag yourself. You got 30-60 seconds unflag cooldown. Everytime you hit a player, timer goes back up at 30-60.
Once unflagged, you got 2-3 minutes cooldown before you flag yourself again.

In short, separate cooldowns for flagging/unflagging. Should solve both the issue @LoneWolf had and what @Ricardo mentioned.