• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What gear should i get for witch?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

People keep telling me that I should go full Taritas for Witch, but it weighs so much, which slows down movement and cast time :/

Is Taritas full armour set the best set? or would it be better to have a mixture? if so what combos seem to work best for PVE?

Posted

Weight doesn't slow down your movement/cast time unless you are over weight in which case you need to level up if you aren't 50+ yet or obtain some more weight limit.

Taritas is a fine starter set but doesn't offer much in comparison to full Grunil, 2 Heve/2 Grunil or other combos that allow for more crystals.

Personally a fan of 3 Agerian + Talis Boots or 2 Agerian/2 Heve for leveling and fresh 50.

There is no "best" as each has pros/cons and depends on individual play style.

Ideally you'll want 5 casting speed and 5 crit. Beyond that, set bonuses are up to you and the more crystal spots the more resists and what not you can have. Taritas is nice because of the Accuracy, but a Bronze Dagger and extra armor slots more than compensate.

Posted

Weight doesn't slow down your movement/cast time unless you are over weight in which case you need to level up if you aren't 50+ yet or obtain some more weight limit.

Taritas is a fine starter set but doesn't offer much in comparison to full Grunil, 2 Heve/2 Grunil or other combos that allow for more crystals.

Personally a fan of 3 Agerian + Talis Boots or 2 Agerian/2 Heve for leveling and fresh 50.

There is no "best" as each has pros/cons and depends on individual play style.

Ideally you'll want 5 casting speed and 5 crit. Beyond that, set bonuses are up to you and the more crystal spots the more resists and what not you can have. Taritas is nice because of the Accuracy, but a Bronze Dagger and extra armor slots more than compensate.

right ok then, thank you very much :)
would you place the bronze dagger over the steel dagger? as was going to go with steel dagger and either liverto (if i can) or yuria staff

Posted

Hi,

People keep telling me that I should go full Taritas for Witch, but it weighs so much, which slows down movement and cast time :/

Is Taritas full armour set the best set? or would it be better to have a mixture? if so what combos seem to work best for PVE?

Everything is depends on you. 4/4 taritas or 3 taritas +grunil gloves is what you are looking for. And the classic Yuria staff, steel dagger, bares accessories. Later if you are lucky get 2 witch earring, 2 mark of shadow(ring) and tree spirit belt ;) I hope i could help you out. Good luck

Posted (edited)

right ok then, thank you very much :)
would you place the bronze dagger over the steel dagger? as was going to go with steel dagger and either liverto (if i can) or yuria staff

Highly depends on your options.

Steel with AP is nice, but unless you have Accuracy in other slots, Bronze is better vs players from what I've seen and I believe higher lvl mobs if you are still leveling.

Many are hoping to get Boss gloves which give Accuracy to allow Steel to be the #1 choice between the two, but how long that will take is RNG.

Yuria is pretty much a given as you can buy one for 90k off a vendor, Liverto is 9 million or more off the market unless you are lucky enough to get a drop.

Regardless, Bronze/Steel factor in the same with each as I've yet to see any hard evidence that Liverto > Yuria by a great margin to make up for the cost of enchanting or time investment to obtain one (if you aren't lucky to get one quickly).

A relatively straight forward goal is Yuria, Bronze, full Grunil, 2 Witch Earring, 2 MOS rings, 5 AP 30% resist necklace or really any with good stats, and Gladiator belt or something similar with ~5 AP. Fully enchanted you'll have plenty of AP/DP/Accuracy. Crystals can give you the base stats you need Cast/Crit/Movement/Resists or whatever else you might want (AP, Mana, Regen, etc).

Obviously takes time/effort to get all of this or more, but that's kind of the point =)

Either leveling up or grinding beyond 50, as long as you can kill things and make silver, doesn't really matter what you are wearing. 100 hp/mana or 5 this or that isn't going to drastically change things.

Edited by APE

Posted (edited)

4/4 Grunil

Steel Dagger - only reason to use bronze is if your pvping below lvl 53, but in that case save the time and money and just lvl up and keep using steel. 

Yuria to be replaced with Liverto or Kzarka

Rhutum belt to be replaced by Tree spirit belt 

Bares accessories to be replace with MOS, Ogre Ring and Witches earrings.

Edited by Teroh
1 person likes this

Posted

A good horse! I like playing my witch much more now that I have one  :D

Posted (edited)

Is Bronze still recommended over Steel at lvls 54+? (For PvP)  And how adding  the use of Serendia Special into the equation?

Edited by evol777

Posted

Is Bronze still recommended over Steel at lvls 54+? (For PvP)  And how adding  the use of Serendia Special into the equation?

No. with guild buff, serendia special, and mainweapon acc buff you do not need to stack acc at that level.

Posted

or 3 taritas +grunil gloves is what you are looking for. 

Why Grunhil Gloves? How do you can get 5 CS with that?

Posted

+2 gem into the helmet. +2 into the gloves. +1 from food/miscellaneous buff.

Posted

No. with guild buff, serendia special, and mainweapon acc buff you do not need to stack acc at that level.

Data to support this?

While I know the Accuracy Doc that was done is from the view of a Ranger, doesn't seem reaching X level is equal to 15+ accuracy or whatever the chart shows as hitting 75% or more of the time.

Posted

i have a +15 bronze dagger at 55 and i personally have a higher dps than i did with a steel dagger. i keep them both to switch in and out just to test it every once in a while but i get a slightly more damage output with bronze. no stats and numbers to provide. just bursted the same guildie two different times so yea. 

also,

how many stacks would you suggest for a TRI bares necklace?

Posted

That is just my thoughts:

4/4 Grunil or 2 Grunil + 2 Heve. The extra gems slot are a must, imo.

Posted (edited)

In this table it shows the differences between the two setups.  Though the resists from the ability to take Grunil to Ultimate are not factored in.  The dmg table is performed by an archer.  So would 250hp (grun+heve) be worth +7AP and some resist (if Ultimate).  This is my understanding of the armor, please correct me if Im wrong.

Dop5ytR.png

Edited by evol777

Posted

Helm - Magic Crystal of Infinity - Memory  +2 Cast Speed

Gloves - x2 Ancient Magic Crystal Viper +1 Attk/Cast Speed

Weapon - Magic Crystal - Enchantment +1 Cast Speed (Alternative is Ancient Magic Crystal - Enchantment +2 Cast Speed and replace one of the Grunil Gems)

Weapon is the assumption you have 2 slots otherwise I think you're stuck with a food or alchemy buff.

Posted

Data to support this?

While I know the Accuracy Doc that was done is from the view of a Ranger, doesn't seem reaching X level is equal to 15+ accuracy or whatever the chart shows as hitting 75% or more of the time.

Their is nothing to disprove it. This is based  on my 50+ red battlefields i've been in and numerous guild wars and 1v1. Also seeing as how PPL in other versions use steel pretty much 2+2. The only "data" ive seen about accuracy is some half ass reddit post where some guys did "tests".  

with guild buff, weapon buff, and food buff your at like 20-25+ accuracy without even trying. 

People are trying to make things more complicated then they are or to justify stupid gear choices. 

Posted

I'm really struggling to find the best "cheap" setup
As in not using expensive high-chance-to-break gems
How important is HP for PvE? and is cast speed more important than crit for grinding mobs? What about luck?
And how about world bosses? i honestly have no idea how to gear my fresh 50 wiz.

Posted

I'm just stuck on just how much extra accuracy I need to get.  Have 2x pri ring of good deeds, +15 yuria, and a pri kalis belt.  I mostly pve and I can tell a huge difference when equipping my steel dagger but I'm kinda lost on how to upgrade my gear further without losing accuracy.

Posted

That is just my thoughts:

4/4 Grunil or 2 Grunil + 2 Heve. The extra gems slot are a must, imo.

Guys when you state "2 Grunil + 2 Heve" can you let us noobs know which pieces please?

Assume it's Grunil Helm / Gloves and Heve Chest and Boots?

Posted

Grinding beyond 50, as long as you can kill things and make silver, doesn't really matter what you are wearing. 100 hp/mana or 5 this or that isn't going to drastically change things.

So, I know myself and I'm sure some of the others here would like to know exactly what the difference is between a:

1. +15 Agerian set with +15 Talis shoes and +15 Yuria/Bronze and
  2. +15 Full Grunil with +15 Yuria/Bronze and/or
  3. +15 Grunil (X2) / +15 Heve (X2) with +15 Yuria/Bronze

Am I looking at a huge gap of a distance between 1 and 2/3 or is the difference within 5-7 AP and/or 5-7 DP.  Because, while for a PvP'ing min/maxer those 5-7 mean a ton, those like myself who PvE mostly with an occasional PvP spat when I have to - that 5-7 is not making a world of difference, but the cost to get that extra 5-7 is exponentially more for me.  I have my Agerian/Talis at ~9-10 and I can easily get it to 13-14 in the next couple of days with what I have in my stash.  I won't waste the time/effort/money to get them to that point if there is a load of difference.

Honestly, if by going with #1 to all +15 I end up 10 DP/AP and 100 HP/MP/Stamina less than tripling or quadrupling my investment by going 2 or 3 with the extra cost for breakable gems and the extra cost for gear to repair durability, then I am very happy with #1.

I just don't know what the end result is with all +15 for 1/2/3 - I looked but couldn't find the info.

Posted

Your current BiS for gear is as follows:

Full Ultimate Grunil

Liverto/Kzarka

Ultimate Steel Dagger

Mark of Shadow x 2

witch's earring x2

tree spirit belt

Ogre ring

Posted

Your current BiS for gear is as follows:

Yes, for those that do nothing but gear grind, channel jump, boss kill and spend A LOT more time than I can in here.  I would love to be able to do that, but i can't atm. Everyone at this point knows what the TOP TIER gear is, and right now there probably isn't a handful or more that has everything on that list, so a few hundred thousand more people to go.

Full Ultimate +15 Grunil will not be had by myself and many others in this thread for many many months or more - and at that point I will have a better shot at a boss armor piece or 2.  So for those like myself we are looking for a "decent" grade B gear setup where we are still being able to afford it and have a decent AP/DP.

Posted

Yes, for those that do nothing but gear grind, channel jump, boss kill and spend A LOT more time than I can in here.  I would love to be able to do that, but i can't atm. Everyone at this point knows what the TOP TIER gear is, and right now there probably isn't a handful or more that has everything on that list, so a few hundred thousand more people to go.

Full Ultimate +15 Grunil will not be had by myself and many others in this thread for many many months or more - and at that point I will have a better shot at a boss armor piece or 2.  So for those like myself we are looking for a "decent" grade B gear setup where we are still being able to afford it and have a decent AP/DP.

It will certainly not be had if you don't try for it. It's not actually hard to get your stuff to +15 at all, and Grunil can be done very cheaply if you have the patience to do the amnity game. There is absolutely no reason not to shoot for the grunil. As for the others, yea, it'll take you longer to get there, but you can still do it, even if you only play 20 minutes a day, at a reasonable pace. Seriously, all the mats for the Grade 3 reform stones(needed for ultimate) can be gathered with workers, meaning you can get between 5-10 a day depending on your processing level and processing outfit level. Armor/weapon stones can be very readily gained just by logging in and doing your daily scroll everyday with a group of 5.

The only thing that might be difficult is the Liverto, but an ultimate Yuria is still extremely good and I used it for the longest time, even when I had liverto bundle and the mats to +15 it in my stash(I was trying to hold out for a Kzarka). There is no reason for you to go with sub-par gear, the price difference between upgrading Grunil to +15 or some shit set like Taritus is completely negligible. 

Posted

So, I know myself and I'm sure some of the others here would like to know exactly what the difference is between a:

1. +15 Agerian set with +15 Talis shoes and +15 Yuria/Bronze and
  2. +15 Full Grunil with +15 Yuria/Bronze and/or
  3. +15 Grunil (X2) / +15 Heve (X2) with +15 Yuria/Bronze

Am I looking at a huge gap of a distance between 1 and 2/3 or is the difference within 5-7 AP and/or 5-7 DP.  Because, while for a PvP'ing min/maxer those 5-7 mean a ton, those like myself who PvE mostly with an occasional PvP spat when I have to - that 5-7 is not making a world of difference, but the cost to get that extra 5-7 is exponentially more for me.  I have my Agerian/Talis at ~9-10 and I can easily get it to 13-14 in the next couple of days with what I have in my stash.  I won't waste the time/effort/money to get them to that point if there is a load of difference.

Honestly, if by going with #1 to all +15 I end up 10 DP/AP and 100 HP/MP/Stamina less than tripling or quadrupling my investment by going 2 or 3 with the extra cost for breakable gems and the extra cost for gear to repair durability, then I am very happy with #1.

I just don't know what the end result is with all +15 for 1/2/3 - I looked but couldn't find the info.

#1 is a fine option, especially if you PVE mainly.

For me, the reason to go if the more costly route is the option to slot in resists or better stones down the line (not all stones are in game yet). Hence Grunil/Heve in whatever combo. PVP is more of my concern and PVE really doesn't seem to benefit from 100 HP or 5 AP that much to be worth the huge investment.

3 Agerian/1 Talis allows you to still get 5 Crit/Cast relatively easy with some extra HP/Resists/Movement as well for much cheaper.

If you don't plan to be a heavy PVPer or invest a ton of time into playing the RNG game, I'd stick with #1 and be content.

Eventually when you reach higher levels, the silver should be plentiful that you can straight buy +15 Grunil or insert whatever if you wish. For all the ways to make money in this game, grinding is near the top all the time compared to others having ups and downs.

This game is a huge gear grind so stopping at a certain point seems counterproductive, but there isn't really a NEED to get certain items today if you don't actually NEED them.