• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trading, what makes you level Trading.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

A very simple question, what makes the profession Trading level up? is it the amount of items you sell or is it the profit you gain from the sale?

Posted

Each item sold gives XP. I have not seen any indication that the price or distance travelled have any impact. So trade grinding for XP would involve short trips with quick turn arounds.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sell item to trade manager, play the bargain game, and do quest from the trade manager that pretty much every town or city have, it tell u to buy good from that trader to sell it to another trader. Also if u have proper node connect between city or town together u can buy good, put it on ur wagon, run as far as u can from where u buy it to sell it to another trader ( make sure the location between ur buy and sell city or town is connected with node! ) the farer u go the more money u get, the more money u make from selling an item to trader the more exp get! 

remember u to see the demand of that item u r selling is needed to the trade manager, because if a lots of player sell the same item to the trader u want to sell to the less demand is needed for the item meaning the less money u will make and less exp! 

Also the amity point will help u get closer to the trader and they will tell u some good secret!

Posted

It was my understand that the xp you gain is based of the profit you make from each trade. I have notice that the higher the value of the item the more xp you can from trading it. So things like distance and bargaining would play a role in xp gain.

Posted

It was my understand that the xp you gain is based of the profit you make from each trade. I have notice that the higher the value of the item the more xp you can from trading it. So things like distance and bargaining would play a role in xp gain.

I would love to see some more data on this. It has been hard to come by anything concrete.

When we had the bonus XP for trading/training/fishing, I originally started leapfrogging my deliveries. Pick up 4, next stop get 4, next stop get 4, next stop get 4, fifth stop sell first four and get four more. etc.. The gains were decent.

When I switched it up and started doing a spoke and hub technique (start at WGC, hit a farm full load, sell and load up, come back to WGC, next farm rinse and repeat, then go to Velia and do the same with all of those farms) in each region (Velia, Heidel, Glish, Calpheon) my EXP gains went way up. Of course this is all based on my perception of the gains since I cannot see actual numbers.

Not shooting down you theory, just suggesting that either way, we need more data to be sure.

I never noticed but do trade quests give trading XP? I know they give CP and Trade Item Ticket/Coin trade item.

Posted

Fishing.

Posted

For goods bought from traders I dont see any difference in xp based on price or distance. Might be different for crafted goods though since atleast cheap crafted crates give very poor xp.

Posted

For goods bought from traders I dont see any difference in xp based on price or distance. Might be different for crafted goods though since atleast cheap crafted crates give very poor xp.

I have sold about 1k expensive crates with max distance atm, not even Apprentice. I wanted to spam cheap crates and sell them locally to see how the exp goes, but couldn't make myself slow-mo for 40k or bring my wagon over half of the world :( 

Posted (edited)

Personally, when I want to do the grind from Artisan to Master, I will be doing short runs. Using the main cities as hubs and outlying trade locations as single stops maximizes your XP as the cities usually have enough trade goods for several complete fill ups. Since I am basing my XP gain on the idea that i get xp per item sold, this seems to be the fastest way.

When we had the big boost in trading XP I went from Apprentice 4 to Artisan 1 in two evenings doing this (mostly because I did not want to grind it up with normal XP)

Edited by Direpath

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0