• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Best Endgame Life Skills

Which life skill(s) will profit the most in the endgame in your opinion?   190 votes

1. 1. Which life skill(s) will profit the most in the long run in your opinion?

• Gathering
    • Processing
    • Cook
    • Alchemy
    • Training
    • Fishing
    • Hunting
    • Trade
    • Farming

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Posted

So I've been wondering in the long ahead future on which life skill(s) would profit the most.  I wanted the communities opinion.

Posted

Processing best profit per energy. Hands down.

Posted (edited)

Fishing

It takes no energy

I made 1billion silver through fishing

Edited by Curous

Posted (edited)

Yeah I'm Professional on fishing, processing, and gathering; and I found it a little OP that fishing takes no energy. lmao  Also you don't have to worry about the market crashing or inflation since you just trade it to npcs.

Fishing

It takes no energy

Yeah I'm Professional on fishing, processing, and gathering; and I found it a little OP that fishing takes no energy. lmao  Also you don't have to worry about the market crashing or inflation since you just trade it to npcs.*

EDIT: ignore the first quote, I messed up lmao!

Edited by AJ_Senpai

Posted

I posted that? O.o 

Posted

I posted that? O.o 

No, ignore that, my bad. lmao I messed up the post. hahahaha

Posted

For me nr ! is farming and procesing

Posted

Fishing

It takes no energy

1 billion? Do you do anything but fish every day or how did you hit that number?

Posted

This could be useful. I've not leveled a single lifeskill to a relevant level yet, and I've been debating starting since I've been way too busy to grind lately. My funds are slowly dwindling from idling..

Tried out hunting today, pretty sure I'm gonna take that up at least. Fishing has never made me more than 80k in a single go, and I can make that much in a fraction of the time so...not sure about it. 

Processing I haven't done yet. Sounds interesting. Hope this poll gets a bit more voting.

Posted

This could be useful. I've not leveled a single lifeskill to a relevant level yet, and I've been debating starting since I've been way too busy to grind lately. My funds are slowly dwindling from idling..

Tried out hunting today, pretty sure I'm gonna take that up at least. Fishing has never made me more than 80k in a single go, and I can make that much in a fraction of the time so...not sure about it. 

Processing I haven't done yet. Sounds interesting. Hope this poll gets a bit more voting.

From afk fishing over night in hot spot ,130 inventory slots ,Epheria rod + 3 i make 2-2.5 mil. Farming /processing sunflowers all the way.. good money from that.

1 person likes this

Posted

From afk fishing over night in hot spot ,130 inventory slots ,Epheria rod + 3 i make 2-2.5 mil. Farming /processing sunflowers all the way.. good money from that.

Aren't hotspots out of safe zones? I've not been to one yet. In fact I haven't left a coastline at all yet >_>. Did not know you could make millions afk though.

But, what's your fishing level? Something absurdly high?

Posted

Aren't hotspots out of safe zones? I've not been to one yet. In fact I haven't left a coastline at all yet >_>. Did not know you could make millions afk though.

there are a couple of them on the shorelines too recently. Thermian cliff shore was a hotspot a while back, altinova coast was one too.
You dont need absurdly high level fishing to fish at hotspots. i used to fish at thermian cliff from beginner 5 to skilled 5 using thick fishing rod. made 1.5 mill/hour active fishing with 56 inventory slots and selling at altinova/omar lava cave

Posted

there are a couple of them on the shorelines too recently. Thermian cliff shore was a hotspot a while back, altinova coast was one too.You dont need absurdly high level fishing to fish at hotspots. i used to fish at thermian cliff from beginner 5 to skilled 5 using thick fishing rod. made 1.5 mill/hour active fishing with 56 inventory slots and selling at altinova/omar lava cave

.........wow. Guess I'm about to buy one of those fishing boats then.

Posted (edited)

1 bil from fishing my ass.

Here is the thing with fishing.

1. You need travel far away to get abundant spot. (20min waste time just on that + selling)

2. You eather escape to town or go with ship to Ilya which again takes time

3. In 2 hour your bags are totally full and I bought plenty bagspace

It was complete garbage compared processing but it could be better these days since market is dead.

What comes for farming it's insanely boring. It's decent for passive professions unless you're truly masochist.

Alchemy is garbage. You lose more cash than gain making alchemy stones. Elixirs are super cheap to sell. And gems are dying like everything rest in market.

Cooking is decent. They always sell. Problem is milk/dough/pork which you constantly need.

Edited by Flyz

Posted (edited)

LMAO? fishing best end game life skill xD???

Fishing is one of the worst end game life skills its just easy u can make way more money with most of the other professions (i'm master 7 fisherman)

Edited by Karolin

Posted

Once imperial trading rolls in alchemy/cooking will also bring in good silver.

Posted

.........wow. Guess I'm about to buy one of those fishing boats then.

Most of gold spots are either full of boats or at least someone is fishing there so you don't need your own boat (though if you plan to go afk you risk getting carried away :D )

Posted

Processing is the most valuable to level up. Gathering I'd say second place.

Both these life skills have unlock levels, so need a certain rank to make or gather the valuable stuff. You also get substantially more items the higher levels you reach. 

Cooking/alchemy makes almost no money at all atm. Maybe gets better in future updates?

Farming and training results seems more about rng than actual life skill level lol.

Hunting, or the full version of it, isn't really in-game yet.

Fishing is lucrative, but no need to actively work for a high fishing skill to make afk money from it. Enough to be skilled for a steel rod and knowing a hot spot.

No clue about high level trading. 

Posted

Sorry for late answer so late but im prof 10 made from zero in got spot afk over night, u dont need skilll to fish there u need skilll just to own a better rod whit a good durability atm i fish afk in altinova and sell in trent. And u dont need either hight skill in trading the fish cost the same at vendor if u are artisan or begginer.

Posted

Considering I can easily make 4-20m a day with cooking, I will go with that lol
Honestly mix it up, do processing and cooking, then for afk do fishing. Keeps its easy.
Process while you stock pile items for cooking. Then spend a day cooking and make an easy 12ishm every day for a few days then go back to processing.

Posted

I cant decide between alchemy and cooking.

Posted

how processing makes money? im totally confused about this life skill

Posted

Take water for instance. I can generally but river water for 1200.

Turn it into purified water and wait until the price is over 2k. AH will take 35%

Due to my processing skill I will produce 3-4 purified water per river water and have maybe a 60% chance of spending energy to do so. 

So I'm taking 1200 and turning it into about 4550. I also get gold along the way. Average work day sleeping in bed and pressing a button on breaks and lunches I generally make 3-4 mil. 

Water is a standard but it isn't my best market

Posted

Trading is completely useless.    Incredibly slow income, even at Master level, when compared to alchemy, processing, fishing.

They need to severely increase trading profits.

Posted

Fishing is not needed to level hard, as long as you fish in hot spot you can be lowbie and still make profit.

Unlike other skills who are actually worth leveling.