• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

12 Maehwa Seals in a pattern only gave me a +3 reward bundle

27 posts in this topic

Posted

OK so I collected 12 Maehwa seals and organized them into a 3x4 rectangle (not hollow) like what the description said.  It gave me the "+" sign in the top left corner of the seals, and when I clicked it I only got the +3 reward bundle and NOT the +12 that contains a bunch of stuff and a Hawk.  Is there any way for a GM to take the 8 Armor black stones from my inventory and give me my 12 seals back?

I have a serious problem with the descriptions of various Items in this game, like these Maehwa seals. In my opinion this is just bad game design and needs to be remedied somehow.  Maybe a suggestion for fixing this type of item, where you need to make a shape to receive a reward, is to scrap that method entirely and possibly make it interactable by right clicking the item and the drop down menu would have options like "combine 3x / combine 6x / combine 9x / combine 12x". To me that would be much easier and WAY more clear and understandable to utilize.

I am now missing out on a LOT of nice loot because of a shitty game design feature.  Please Help if you can.  Thank you for your time.

2 people like this

Posted

The seals are highlighted on the ones that are used. I'm curious what shape it is for the bird because it keeps prompting the v shape/3 seal

Posted

I also arranged the seals into the right formation and got the wrong package. My roommate who also plays arranged them and got the right package but I arranged them in the same exact order and got the 3 package. Any help here please? He keeps bragging and it's driving me crazy...

Thanks!

Posted

Same thing happened to me. Only got the 3 package instead of the 12. Hope this can get resolved.

Posted

j9Q29bD.jpg

From the event thread. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you accidentally combined your Seals in the wrong shape, we can undo it for you if you send in a support ticket. Please make sure to keep the reward bundle (or its contents) in your inventory so we can remove it and restore the Seals.

UPDATE: Any tickets sent after May 5th will be too late to receive the above service. We will provide support for events up until 24 hours after the event ends.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Edited by GM_Dew
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I made the right shape got the right bundle but didnt get weapon stones memory fragments or the pet, whats up with that?

Found the bundle in the bank never mind me.

Edited by Tombs360

Posted

How soon can we expect a refund of the seals?

Posted

If you accidentally combined your Seals in the wrong shape, we can undo it for you if you send in a support ticket. Please make sure to keep the reward bundle (or its contents) in your inventory so we can remove it and restore the Seals.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Thanks Dew but I had already opened the bundle, so I suppose I'm up shit creek. but i think the bigger issue is that there are GLARING failures in the game design  with regards to clarity in the description of such items as these.  When there are SO many posts about how people didnt get the right rewards due to messing up  a shitty little pictogram description, and are therefore denied a VERY valuable reward (the Hawk).  As per my original post  I suggested to scrapping that obscure, and obtuse description and replace it with a drop down menu that removes almost ALL human error variables (aside from mis-clicking which option that you want, but could be solved by another confirmation box).  ALSO if there were a drop down menu, it would remove the need to have these maewha seals, and also the ancient relic summon scrolls from being a non stackable item.  This, in my opinion would solve many Quality of life issues.

I have invested a lot of money into this game and that is due to the fact that I very much like most aspects of it, and this poor item description really makes me angry and frustrated, because the description vaguely tells you to make a shape and HOPE it works whereas, if it were AT LEAST a bit more descriptive (stating what exact combination/pattern) is required, we wouldnt even be having this conversation.  I'm sorry, I am frustrated more than i feel that I should be, but I have lost out on very generous rewards due to poor design.

Posted

@Slip_Katya, GM_DEW said:  "...make sure to keep the reward bundle (or its contents)..."

So, unless you've sold the contents or used them, they should still be able to undo it for you.

Posted (edited)

Dang, so those of us that don't have enough bag space, we can't complete the event, that sucks.. >.<  (collected all 12 seals)

Edited by HeavyGrinder

Posted

I made the Maehwa Reward Bundle - 12, but when I opened it I got no rewards and it disappeared. :/

Posted (edited)

Dang, so those of us that don't have enough bag space, we can't complete the event, that sucks.. >.<  (collected all 12 seals)

just keep them and quest alittle, you should get all the bagspace you need with the quests ingame that give you the bagspace expansions!

And i still dont get why the ones that made the 3x4 or 4x4 didnt looked into the forum before just to make sure THAT they get the right shape and the valuable rewards....i on my own looked into the forumthread just to be 100% sure and dont mess it up. I mean its hard to descripe it perfectly for everyone ingame in this little textbox, so they did the screens in the eventforum to tell everyone how it should be done.

Edited by Myssy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just didnt expect such a bad design..

You could make 4*4, 3*4 and 4*3 all work as a pattern. I really didnt expected that it could be such a damn big frame, plus it being 5 rows tall so some people struggle with the size.

If the description of the seals would have told me to look at the forums for the pattern, i would have done that.

But they painted a funny little square in it..

Edited by Sri

Posted

Got mine back, what about you lads?

Posted

TY GM for responding and committing to replace if we open support cases.  My suggestion was in the future to have these items turned into an NPC like we did with the Easter Egg event.  I hope mine gets fixed soon! :-)  I already had confidence that GMs, etc would correct it as they really have shown this care and communication already - please keep it up!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How could some people screw this up? All they had to do not to screw up was to look on the forum page on the events thread. Thats what you should do to see what the event is about. And there were PICTURES showing how to arraange the pieces. Way to simple but still ... .

Question: Is it possible for someone who opened a 12 seals pack and puts in his/her invetory the reward from a 9 seals pack and sends a ticket to get those 9 seals "back"? Because with 3 days left on the event that will be two free hawks.

Edited by Slarp

Posted

Submitted my support ticket *crosses fingers*

Posted

Seems like going to the official thread or a quick google is too difficult for these people, I think it's time to quit life. 

Posted

How could some people screw this up? All they had to do not to screw up was to look on the forum page on the events thread. Thats what you should do to see what the event is about. And there were PICTURES showing how to arraange the pieces. Way to simple but still ...

We got it, you are a Genius.

Question: Is it possible for someone who opened a 12 seals pack and puts in his/her invetory the reward from a 9 seals pack and sends a ticket to get those 9 seals "back"? Because with 3 days left on the event that will be two free hawks.

An abusive Genius..

Posted

i dont think that will be possible because they should be able to see in their logs which seals pack they opened not only what items they have in their bag.

Posted

Seems like going to the official thread or a quick google is too difficult for these people, I think it's time to quit life. 

Some people had problem because description was not clear enough. It actually says in game to make rectangle but people can't know if its 4x4 or 3x5 or 3x4(not hollow)

Posted

Ended up with the same thing, Slip_Katya. I'm sending a support ticket, and ill be crossing my fingers

Posted

I'm having the same problem. I missread that stupid maewha seal and created a bundle pack 3 instead of the 12 one.. I wrote to support and they replied that it was going to take up to 72 hours to fix it. This way 4 days ago and it's still not fixed..?