• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Forbidden Book vs Ancient Relic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay, as the is title implying I am wondering if the Forbidden Books are as profitable as Ancient Relics or more (ore less). Currently they are about the same price on the marketplace and I have been spamming relics for awhile trying to get geared. Would Forbidden Books yield better rewards? I only really see people trying to party up for relics. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nox Demon

Posted

Okay, as the is title implying I am wondering if the Forbidden Books are as profitable as Ancient Relics or more (ore less). Currently they are about the same price on the marketplace and I have been spamming relics for awhile trying to get geared. Would Forbidden Books yield better rewards? I only really see people trying to party up for relics. Thanks in advance.

As far as I tried Forbidden Books are crap compared to Ancient Relics.

Posted

really? do they give the same drops? how did they differ? Please. Tell me. Everything.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The book drops are technically better as the drop turn ins give more money, but it's not like you're doing the scrolls for 100k silver anyway. Ultimately you are doing them for the memory fragments, and to a lesser extent the hunters seals - books, and shards give the same amount of fragments (not 100% on the seals but i think they're the same also)  Also it's not like the boss scrolls are particularly difficult, shard bosses die a little faster (i would say the 3rd book boss is actually easier though vs the saunil commander) but overall it's not that much faster to do one or the other, so i don't think that should impact your decision too much.

Which one is better depends on what you do to obtain the items. IF you afk fish and get 2-3 a night, and actively farm in calpheon area (hexe for earrings, etc.) than you will have to buy less of the shards. If you arent farming mobs that drop shards, and arent getting that many from fishing than you'll have to buy more, minimizing their worth.

If you actively farm mediah, solo ( if you're in a grind group you're not going to get much, and/or they're going to be put on special deals) and are getting a few/day, but not as many shards than books are better. 

Use both of them as you can, if you're buying them it's w/e go with the cheapest you can find, although you will see wayyyy more books in special deals saving you some money than you will shards.

Books also save you a 10 minute run from mediah (i need a faster horse :( )

Edited by seryss

Posted

As far as I'm aware forbidden books have a chance to drop extra memory fragments? Relics only drop 1 unless my RNG is bad.. I've had the forbidden book drop 2 fragments on kill

Posted

As far as I'm aware forbidden books have a chance to drop extra memory fragments? Relics only drop 1 unless my RNG is bad.. I've had the forbidden book drop 2 fragments on kill

I usually end each run with a few extra fragments nothing crazy but definitely more. (that includes bundles as well.)