• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Finally a game with no Spiders!

105 posts in this topic

Posted

After reading the 3 word story thread in off-topic, I surprised myself by realizing... there are NO spiders in Black Desert... I have seen crabs and other type small insects that are non-interactive but anything you can target, is humanoid or a 4 legged variety (cow/sheep/wolf/etc).

I personally hate spiders, and I always stay away from areas that have spiders. That's why I don't play ESO and I don't play Blade and Soul and I don't do quests in WoW where there are spiders.

I. Don't. Like. Them.

6 people like this

Posted

There are little spiders but they remind me more of ticks, honestly.

Posted

There are spiders, in the later levels as well as a foresty area near the mid 20's. 

Posted

I have to run and tell my girlfriend this NOW.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

can_we_be_friends.jpg

Edited by Narcosis
10 people like this

Posted

Spiders DO EXIST in BDO. They appear first a bit further ingame and they're actually the nightmare fuel kind.

Enjoy~

We talking the little acid/bush spiders or are there more?  Personally, I don't care about 'em being in the game or not, but now I'm curious.

(Also, I love jumping spiders.  If I could get a huge jumping spider pet for a character after we get a tropical expansion or smth, I'd be so happy...)

Posted

Can we please not talk about spiders?

My first time encountering spiders in a game... it was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. I was playing with a friend. I was surrounded by barrels of TNT. Can you guess how that ended?

4 people like this

Posted

vindictus had spiders everywhere lol

Posted

i am sorry to say theres f*cking spiders!  ( you do not have to fight the spiders only for knowldege and try to catch the wild horses that spawn there.)

theres a nice zone that you can catch horses in a mountain area down from hidel has about 30-50 spiders every where with a gaint nest. spawn has tier 3 horses. but the spiders f*cking hit you in the back when you try to catch the horse cancling out the mini game.  oh boy oh boy them bastards spawn back fast!

Posted (edited)

We talking the little acid/bush spiders or are there more?  Personally, I don't care about 'em being in the game or not, but now I'm curious.

(Also, I love jumping spiders.  If I could get a huge jumping spider pet for a character after we get a tropical expansion or smth, I'd be so happy...)

Yeah, those. They are chubby, furry, they burry themselves in the ground or make cocoon's around them as protection; when something comes near, they break through them and go out to hunt their victims down. Actually, we're talking about three different kinds, acid spiders are propably the most scary and worst of all, as they can damage you preety hard, especially if you're underleveled and they're blazing fast. And those ugly sounds they make, eeeww~

Edited by Narcosis

Posted

Around Heidel, near the Nagas I found myself some treespiders. They liked to charge at me and then spit some acid at me - but they are not really dangerous :D

Posted

can_we_be_friends.jpg

those eyes are cute but its body forces me to kill it... it's so scary D:

and the big fangs clack together making a large cracklign sound...... i am very disturbed of you Mr.Spider.

Posted

YAAAAAAAAASSSS NO SPOOODEEEERSSS!!!!!!!!! Flood would always have to kill them for me while I stayed back T_T

Posted

YAAAAAAAAASSSS NO SPOOODEEEERSSS!!!!!!!!! Flood would always have to kill them for me while I stayed back T_T

Well... there are there... but they really look like overgrown ticks. :3

Posted

My first time encountering spiders in a game... it was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. I was playing with a friend. I was surrounded by barrels of TNT. Can you guess how that ended?

I'm guessing you had a Blast.

Posted (edited)

I really wanna troll and put a hairy tarantula pic here to scare yall....... but I am too scared myself to search the picture. Consider this your lucky day. 

Edited by Iiqhtninq
ps, i had to squint as i was scrolling thru this thread.

Posted

I'm guessing you had a Blast.

My Flaming Sword of Awesomeness stayed flaming, illuminating my corpse. My friend took her sweet time slaying the remaining spiders so I could rez. xD

Posted

Hidden Content

That's not scary at all, what a little cutie!  

Now if you see this one, you should be horrified: 
Wandering-spider.jpg

Posted

Acid Spiders, Forest Spiders, etc. There are spiders in the game, just not a major mob you come across for much. Acid Spider Dens are something to kill for a black spirit quest tho, so you do come across them at one point. D:

Posted

Everquest

Firiona Vie....

*cringes*

Posted

Female_Jumping_Spider_-_Phidippus_regius

Fwends?

2 people like this

Posted

After reading the 3 word story thread in off-topic, I surprised myself by realizing... there are NO spiders in Black Desert... I have seen crabs and other type small insects that are non-interactive but anything you can target, is humanoid or a 4 legged variety (cow/sheep/wolf/etc).

I personally hate spiders, and I always stay away from areas that have spiders. That's why I don't play ESO and I don't play Blade and Soul and I don't do quests in WoW where there are spiders.

I. Don't. Like. Them.

People with fears of animals/insects.

GL avoiding your fear...because they're kind of important to the ecosystem.

Posted

Female_Jumping_Spider_-_Phidippus_regius

Fwends?

Jumping spiders best spiders.

Is_it_can_be_hugs_tiem_now_spider.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

This thread became something...special.