• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Mediah Update Part 2 Events

246 posts in this topic

Posted

1000 rum? O.o

where?? how??

btw, I love all the events and all their rewards. They're amazing and add so much fun to the game! Really!

But please, please, please, if you are planning to extend an event period, let us know just a few days before you do it. :(

Yesterday evening I "wasted" 100 rum by exchanging it with a second flag I actually didn't want, but as said before, it was better than nothing.

If i had known that the event was going on for another week, I would have saved it for the 200-300 rewards :/

Please don't shoot me, I'm not complaining. I'm really thanksful for the extension and I really think this is the right way to gain the love and the respect of your community.

I'm just trying to suggest ideas to improve things even more ♥

(sorry for bad english, i'm not an english speaker)

Thanks for the good work!

1 person likes this

Posted

Wut?  I have like 900 of them just chillin out in my inventory..  Grind more.

'RNG Rum God' loves you and few more people :D And hates everyone else.

2 people like this

Posted

Then there are guildies who got all 3 items with time to spare. Are some of the Conq pack accounts really bugged like the rumor going around suggests?

Bugged accounts? I've felt that way, even put in a support ticket, but they deny anything's wrong. What rumors? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Everyone I know who grinded like 50% of lvl 55 to 56 all got more rhum than they needed. People underestimate what 'a lot of grinding' is.

You do need to grind more. If you just have 1 character and aint 56, you need to grind more.

Edited by Ulcaster

Posted

Bugged accounts? I've felt that way, even put in a support ticket, but they deny anything's wrong. What rumors? 

The rumor was that anyone with the Conq pack who claimed items during that day where everything got bugged and had to have their rewards/accounts reset, ended up with bugged accounts that lowered drop rates or effected luck somehow. There was even a thread a while back on the forum where a husband and wife team with a node leveled up same, killing mobs with the same luck level, had vastly different drop rates over the period of time they tested.

I have seen a huge difference between my account and another Conq pack player as well, and he has no nodes invested in and only runs with minimal luck boost.

But it is entirely possible that when you create a character their hidden stats (perhaps drop rate is one of them) are rng to some extent, and I just got unlucky with my main.

Posted

so the rum event ends june 8tht? its not june 1st? :D

Posted

Now if only the drop rates were boosted for the final week...

I've pretty much given up; got a second flag and I think I'm done with this event. It wasn't fun, and damn near made me hate this game (FYI: I don't spend money on games I hate).

((Meanwhile: I've gotten a crap-ton of Black Stones and obtained 5 Sharp BS (Weapon) and 3 Sharp BS (Armor) from Farming [as in the Life Skill, Farming]. So ya...great job on balancing item drop rates -_-' ))

1 person likes this

Posted

This is what I did to get my rum:

I made a level 1 ranger and grinded to 50. I had over 400 rum at this point. I was consistently getting rum from everything I killed through this process. I started at Olvia -> Heidel -> Fogan Swamp -> Red Orcs -> Harpies -> Khurutos -> Caphras -> Saunil -> Manysha -> Catfish.

I then proceeded to grind back and forth between Hexe and Abandoned Monastery for accessories -- this is when I started making little to no rum.

At 51 I began grinding Pirate Island (Kuit) and made nearly 300 rum over the course of levels 51-53. So my belief is that some monsters have a low drop rate and some monsters have a high drop rate. Also hunting monsters above your level helps immensely.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is what I did to get my rum:

I made a level 1 ranger and grinded to 50. I had over 400 rum at this point. I was consistently getting rum from everything I killed through this process. I started at Olvia -> Heidel -> Fogan Swamp -> Red Orcs -> Harpies -> Khurutos -> Caphras -> Saunil -> Manysha -> Catfish.

I then proceeded to grind back and forth between Hexe and Abandoned Monastery for accessories -- this is when I started making little to no rum.

At 51 I began grinding Pirate Island (Kuit) and made nearly 300 rum over the course of levels 51-53. So my belief is that some monsters have a low drop rate and some monsters have a high drop rate. Also hunting monsters above your level helps immensely.

dafuq. I went to Kuit (where Shilly is) on my 50 warrior and all of the mobs were purple and practically one-shot me unless I veeeery slowly killed them with a combination of Guard + Deep Strike.

((At 51 they should be either still purple or red))

The only 'white named' pirates were the packs of 4-6 on the small islands around in the northern ocean/sea of the game. And those, while easy to kill are too few in number and too long of a respawn to make it worthwhile to farm the rum.

Posted

It says June 8th in by the OP. 

Does it mean we have 1 more week to farm?

Posted (edited)

sweet, extended events~ 

Edited by GL

Posted (edited)

Event got extended again. I'm glad I finished before today's maintenance. I went from no rum to 500 within a week. It was rather easy if you can dedicate a lot of time to grinding. You need open character slots for this to work! I have two open so it worked easy! You just make a character and delete them when you are done!! I made a level 1 Tamer. Her gear was +5 fortuna top/boots, +5 grunil helmet/gloves, +7 Bares shortsword and +7 incense amulet. The way I grinded was: from level 1 I did black spirit quests until I hit Velia, after Velia I did goblins until level 14, mine imps until level 17 which at that point you talk to enrico in Heidel to get the quest to get your roaring skill, alter imps until level 21, fogans until level 24, cultists until level 33, bandits until level 34, khurutos until level 36, masked owls until level 40. I usually stop at the owls, but you could go higher, but I never did. At this point you should have at least 100 rum(It was never lower, averagely I always had about 110 rum, but the most for a character I had 150 rum) for the character you made and TONS of materials and gear to sell which is like a little added bonus! :) (Which you may find yourself going to town often from being overweight, worth it though! I've made so much money from leveling those alts!)

Note: You do not need to make a tamer if you are not geared for one. You can make whatever you are comfortable with that you know you can grind fast with!!! I'm poor and this is pretty much a poor man's way to get the rum. I do NOT have a level 50+ yet nor do I have any +15s yet! Also might I add that you do not need to make multiple characters like I did and can stick with one grind character, but I honestly preferred to make multiples.

Edited by Ryuna

Posted

Hope they bring event back for "Talk like a Pirate Day."  From lvl 42 to 50 i got 22 rum. I'll be getting a flag at least.  It is my own fault for not playing more...

But yeah, bring back the run event as well as new pirate events for talk like a pirate day please!! 

Posted

I'm not a big grinder, but I've killed my fair share of mobs over the course of this event but still only have 204 rum bottles at this point and am about to head of to Kuit Islands to exchange for the eye patch... would've wanted a flag also but am nowhere near the thousands of rum bottles many others are reporting. It's a shame they make these events with the same shitty RNG factor that plagues the rest of this game.

Remember everybody that when this event ends tomorrow, the tooltip on Pirate's Rum event item says it disappears. So there's no point stocking up on them.

Posted

1000 rum? O.o

where?? how??

btw, I love all the events and all their rewards. They're amazing and add so much fun to the game! Really!

But please, please, please, if you are planning to extend an event period, let us know just a few days before you do it. :(

Yesterday evening I "wasted" 100 rum by exchanging it with a second flag I actually didn't want, but as said before, it was better than nothing.

If i had known that the event was going on for another week, I would have saved it for the 200-300 rewards :/

Please don't shoot me, I'm not complaining. I'm really thanksful for the extension and I really think this is the right way to gain the love and the respect of your community.

I'm just trying to suggest ideas to improve things even more ♥

(sorry for bad english, i'm not an english speaker)

Thanks for the good work!

yeah I blew my rum on a second flag also, I wish they would make up their damn mind when this shit will end.  And why the hell does the rum and vendor have to vanish at the end.  I know most games, one in particular that still has vendors from events that happened years ago and I can still exchange stuff I had for it.

Posted

Thank you for extending the Rum event a teensie bit longer! <3

yeah I blew my rum on a second flag also, I wish they would make up their damn mind when this shit will end.  And why the hell does the rum and vendor have to vanish at the end.  I know most games, one in particular that still has vendors from events that happened years ago and I can still exchange stuff I had for it.

I believe they are doing this for two reasons...

1. The limited amount of storage space in this game. If every event had us keeping all the random stuff from it, we'd run out of room for the regular hoarding we already typically do as MMO gamers. T_T

2. It gives some folks an unfair advantage over others if they decide to repeat the event in future instances.

I said two, but this also made me think about the Life Eggs from the Easter Event. The insta-cast-full-HP-heals made a bit of imbalanced playing in the PvP side of things, I don't know if this was also done as a means to avoid future occurrences of potential points of imbalance when there is already so much left to work on to date.

Posted

lol...extending the event doesn't mean jackshit if the drop rate BLOOOOOWS. -- I remind the community that this is suppose to be a FUN EVENT. It should have taken no more than two weekENDS to complete the 600 rum requirement for all three items. But no. Almost four -----ing weeks later and all I managed was ~227 Rum.

((The irritating part is some people spent less time and got nearly four times as many Rum. The drop rate is BROKEN!))

(("This isn't WoW." No -----ing shit, because Blizzard actually knows how to tune events so the drop rates feel rewarding.))

This event did nothing but turn this game into a second job...so it comes as no surprise that I no longer find this game fun; good thing its free to play.

....I use to leave my main fishing when I went to bed...now I just log in once a day for the loyalty and bail. Good job Daum, you made the game unappealing to me, and my propensity to drop insane amounts of money into cosmetics/cash shop items (Archeage, over $1000 in a year).

Posted

Thank you for extending the Rum event a teensie bit longer! <3

I believe they are doing this for two reasons...
1. The limited amount of storage space in this game. If every event had us keeping all the random stuff from it, we'd run out of room for the regular hoarding we already typically do as MMO gamers. T_T

2. It gives some folks an unfair advantage over others if they decide to repeat the event in future instances.

I said two, but this also made me think about the Life Eggs from the Easter Event. The insta-cast-full-HP-heals made a bit of imbalanced playing in the PvP side of things, I don't know if this was also done as a means to avoid future occurrences of potential points of imbalance when there is already so much left to work on to date.

There it is, PVP always finds a way to screw up everything.  PVP is the scourge of the MMO world, but that is beside the fact. They could easily make those buffs useless in pvp.

1. Storage space limits help them.  The more crap they send at us the more we have to purchase upgrades so why would they give two shits about it.

2. Unfair advantage - AT WHAT??  Getting a few cosmetic items, such a game breaker.  

They extend the events because the drop rates are crap.  I have taken a break the last two days because my wrist is killing me from farming hours on end to get the rum.  An event shouldn't be a job.  I haven't enjoyed the farming but I am an event item whore so I did what I could to get it. The crappy customer support started from the pre-order fiasco and continues on.  It's really sad because this could be a great game if not so poorly managed.

1. Fix the drop rates.

2. Extend the event.

3. Put a buy-back option on the npc so we can sell our flags back that we bought so we wouldn't get screwed out of getting anything.

Posted

Now that i got thousands of rum and got so used to having that nice buff it will all vanish tomorrow? ....noooooooooooooooo i don't want to buy that ugly hat -.-

Posted

Will these events happen again, like next year or something? I just came back to the game and realized I missed them all :(

1 person likes this

Posted

I also missed it and really want the bandana... maybe 1000 loyalty points for those that missed it or something :/ ?