• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Mediah Update Part 2 Events

246 posts in this topic

Posted

I am unable to get my daily mission for the motherday food, i know i have not done it today so the npc should have the mission for me but doesnt.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Posted

You know...the rum should probably have a 50% to drop. -- That'd still be, statistically, 1200 mobs (600 total rum; and it appears 1 rum drops...when it does) to kill to get enough to get everything.

Posted (edited)

Are the eye patch and pirate hat purely cosmetic, or do they have some kind of perk?

Edited by BrotherWolf

Posted

Do anyone know what the flag looks like?

Jouska shared some pictures of all 3 in another thread.

39739.jpg

39729.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Leveled from 42 to 48 this week, grinding all the way, 43 rums.

This level of RNG is pretty damn awful, up the drop rate, this is insane.

1 person likes this

Posted

Leveled from 42 to 48 this week, grinding all the way, 43 rums.

This level of RNG is pretty damn awful, up the drop rate, this is insane.

Agreed.  Whereas events should take *some* effort to complete, a grindfest of pure RNG is not the way to go.  I think I'm at 36 or so rums on 3 levels of grinding.

Posted

I was killing mobs for 2 hours straight and only got 4 bottles of rum. Drop rate is a bit low, especially when you need what, 600 for all 3 pieces. considering it's like maybe 2 bottles per hour, it will take me 300 hours to do the event?? That seems a little much :S

Posted

hey ppl

where to get "cox pirate´s treasure"?  im stuck on it

thx

Posted

I see the drop rate for the rum seems low.. unless im farming the wrong things.. but i farmed the 1st mob i came to that dropped one.. some lizards west-ish of Heidel, for about 8 hours over the weekend, and all i got was 25.. i do not have time to sit here and farm 8 hours or more a day.. Guess i should just give up on any events from now on, guess events are more for the hardcore gamers, who have nothing better to do than game all day :( a few daily quests that give rum for rewards would have been nice for those who have lives, and cant play everyday.. :/

Posted (edited)

I was killing mobs for 2 hours straight and only got 4 bottles of rum. Drop rate is a bit low, especially when you need what, 600 for all 3 pieces. considering it's like maybe 2 bottles per hour, it will take me 300 hours to do the event?? That seems a little much :S

I think it's a little much as well.  I have 186 after 14 hours of grinding (and I feel lucky!  There are some who barely have half that after the same amount of time).  And somehow, I need 600 for all the items...  This is excessive.  I understand the event goes on to the 24th, but it is definitely unfriendly to a large number of players.  Not everyone can grind for hours every day.  In fact, most of the playerbase can't do that.

I think the drop rate needs to be increased.  I'm not saying I'm unwilling to work for the reward.  I'm saying the effort involved is excessive for the reward given.  Of the events thus far, this one pretty much sucks and seems quite unfun.  I suppose it's a sign of how much I want that stupid hat for all that I'm willing to put up with. (And I'll be lucky to get that hat.  I doubt I'll have enough to get anything else!)

Edited by Kyrielle_Atrinati
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Nevermind, found it.

Edited by SecretAtoz
Found it

Posted

btw, if the drop rate is as most say it is (~1%), this means you'll need to kill roughly 60,000 mobs to get 600 Rum (or 20k / 30k if the drop is 1-3 rum WHEN it drops).

Posted

Likewise, with everyone else in this boat. Grinding for hours on end for very little drop is awful, they either need to extend the event (ehhh); or preferably up the drop rate for these. No pictures doesn't help, there's some description or comments that provide some feedback on the items but it doesn't seem that helpful. I was looking forward to this event too - please fix! ;A;

Posted

Where is Kuit Island for the turn in of Rum???

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Quick question about the pirate hat, and the eye patch that you get from the event.

When I put the bandana on instead of my costumes helmet, do I still get the 10% bonus EXP provided from the costumes set effect? Also what is the point of getting the eye patch if it just takes the place of your glasses..?

ss+(2016-05-10+at+04.06.02).jpg

Edited by Squanchy

Posted

You know, after spending hours farming and getting up to around 220 rum, I think I can pretty safely say there's some anti-farm code kicking in. Looking at the drop log, the interval between getting rum and getting withered leaves (I'm farming grass beetles) is pretty consistent. Consistency indicates a pattern and a pattern indicates rules. Rum definitely drops in interspersed batches, and it seems that it's less the amount of other drops between batches and more a period of time between batches.

Seems pretty sadistic to restrict the amount you can get in a given period of time, especially when the quantities required are so high.

1 person likes this

Posted

• 100 Rum: Pirate Flag House Decoration
  • 200 Rum: Pirate Eye Patch
  • 300 Rum: Pirate Hat

dd.png

Posted

Does anyone know if the chocolates will disappear after the event has ended?

Posted

Worst Event so far.... only doable if you don´t have a Job, a Familie or even a Life......

7 people like this

Posted

You know, I'd really like a Dev/GM/CM to respond to the drop rates. What if it's a bug and they don't realize the drop rates are really low...like the decimal should make it "33%" but it's really ".33%" or even some of the mobs have the drop rates broken. Which would explain why some are like "I've gotten 300+ in 2 hours", while others are like us.

5 people like this

Posted

You know, I'd really like a Dev/GM/CM to respond to the drop rates. What if it's a bug and they don't realize the drop rates are really low...like the decimal should make it "33%" but it's really ".33%" or even some of the mobs have the drop rates broken. Which would explain why some are like "I've gotten 300+ in 2 hours", while others are like us.

I second that! Do the Dev's even read the forums?

Posted

Thirded.  I wondered this too.  Something's funny if pirates, catfish men, and sausans seem to drop them incredibly frequently, but other mobs drop them very rarely.

Posted

Thirded.  I wondered this too.  Something's funny if pirates, catfish men, and sausans seem to drop them incredibly frequently, but other mobs drop them very rarely.

It makes sense that these mobs drop rum the most, but it's unfair for players below 50. I just explored the pirate islands only to see that i can't even kill one of them. The easter and cherry blossom events were so cool and everyone could do them. This event is just disappointing and a waste of time :(

4 people like this