• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Mediah Update Part 2 Events

246 posts in this topic

Posted

It makes sense that these mobs drop rum the most, but it's unfair for players below 50. I just explored the pirate islands only to see that i can't even kill one of them. The easter and cherry blossom events were so cool and everyone could do them. This event is just disappointing and a waste of time :(

Indeed.  I hope they do something about it.

Posted

Indeed.  I hope they do something about it.

It's pretty strange anyway that all mobs like grass beetles drop rum xD

It would have been fair for all when let's say humans or bandits and maybe the catfish dropped it with nearly the same drop rate.

Posted

It's pretty strange anyway that all mobs like grass beetles drop rum xD

It would have been fair for all when let's say humans or bandits and maybe the catfish dropped it with nearly the same drop rate.

I would have liked to have casks of rum hidden throughout the world, like the Easter Eggs, to find. Along with them dropping from mobs. :(

Posted

That would have made more sense for humanoid mobs (anything that can drop armor/weapons) to be the ones with rum.

And/or to have them spawn in treasure chests/barrels in camps/pirate stashes on islands.

1 person likes this

Posted

That would have made more sense for humanoid mobs (anything that can drop armor/weapons) to be the ones with rum.

And/or to have them spawn in treasure chests/barrels in camps/pirate stashes on islands.

Totally agree. Chests and barrels are already placed a lot on islands so it would be pretty easy to do and everyone had a reason to explore the new area. High level players still had the advantage to be able to grind the pirates as well, where lower players had to sneak around the island ^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You know, I'd really like a Dev/GM/CM to respond to the drop rates. What if it's a bug and they don't realize the drop rates are really low...like the decimal should make it "33%" but it's really ".33%" or even some of the mobs have the drop rates broken. Which would explain why some are like "I've gotten 300+ in 2 hours", while others are like us.

Node level, S-rank knowledge and Luck could perhaps account for such a great disparity.

According to Deska...

"Each node lv boost drop rate + 1,5% till lv 5, 2% from 6-8 and 9 and 10 lv node give you + 3% drop rate. as bonus. So if you got lv 10 node lv u got around +20% drop rate."

Where I've been grinding for rum is a Lv5 node with S-rank knowledge. Doing non-stop grinding for an entire hour, killing so fast my pets struggle to keep up with the loot, I can get anywhere between 15-30 rum. These are grey mobs that die in less than 1 second, and I've killed so many of them so far that I've actually gained 11 levels off of them.

I'm currently sitting at around 265 rum, so I'll have to grind for an hour a day to get all 3 rewards like I'm aiming for. I may be able to shorten that as time goes on as I've been dumping all nine of my characters' energy into raising the node level.

Edited by scau

Posted (edited)

Node level, S-rank knowledge and Luck could perhaps account for such a great disparity.

According to Deska...

"Each node lv boost drop rate + 1,5% till lv 5, 2% from 6-8 and 9 and 10 lv node give you + 3% drop rate. as bonus. So if you got lv 10 node lv u got around +20% drop rate."

Where I've been grinding for rum is a Lv5 node with S-rank knowledge. Doing non-stop grinding for an entire hour, killing so fast my pets struggle to keep up with the loot, I can get anywhere between 15-30 rum. These are grey mobs that die in less than 1 second, and I've killed so many of them so far that I've actually gained 11 levels off of them.

I'm currently sitting at around 265 rum, so I'll have to grind for an hour a day to get all 3 rewards like I'm aiming for. I may be able to shorten that as time goes on as I've been dumping all nine of my characters' energy into raising the node level.

Then I would say it's an unreasonable drop rate. That requires far too much invested (like cash shop items [knowledge forgetting potion; forget its name and there's a Loyalty potion that boosts drop rate]) and probably more Energy into a node than you would be able to reasonably obtain (ie you stay in bed for 3 weeks and Energy Dump into a node and then spend the last week of May farming). In short, this event is being treated like it was an item drop of armor/weapons/accessories. Which is completely unfair and counter to what this event was SUPPOSE to be; Fun.

---

Also, how long are you grinding for (I have you at between 17 hours and 8 hours based on the info you've provided).

---

EDIT: I'm extremely worried now about the future of this game....if all future events are mirrored as this one...such a shame to see.

Edited by illutian
4 people like this

Posted

According to Deska...

But is it worth the time to do that? I mean according to what you said you did spent a higher amount of money in the cash shop which is ok, I did as well tbh. So shouldn't we consider if a few free costumes are worth our time? I mean your grinding at the same spot everytime which is even below your level only for that rum. And getting all event items, which requires several hours of grinding just to be a completionist doesn't make much sense to me.

I finally managed to get 100 rum and therefore I'm totally done with this event or else I'm dying of boredom xD 

Posted

Then I would say it's an unreasonable drop rate. That requires far too much invested (like cash shop items [knowledge forgetting potion; forget its name and there's a Loyalty potion that boosts drop rate]) and probably more Energy into a node than you would be able to reasonably obtain (ie you stay in bed for 3 weeks and Energy Dump into a node and then spend the last week of May farming). In short, this event is being treated like it was an item drop of armor/weapons/accessories. Which is completely unfair and counter to what this event was SUPPOSE to be; Fun.

Just pointing out that you can just go to Calpheon Library and talk to NPC to forget knowledge. I have guildmates who just have an alt parked there since all it costs is energy.

Posted

Just pointing out that you can just go to Calpheon Library and talk to NPC to forget knowledge. I have guildmates who just have an alt parked there since all it costs is energy.

o_O

That makes no sense (in terms of business) to offer a free way; Daum, what are you doing! Scrooge would be disappointed! :P

Posted

Also, how long are you grinding for (I have you at between 17 hours and 8 hours based on the info you've provided).

That's probably about right. When the event began I put aside extra time to play to try to get rum and did grinding for 2 nights. After that I've limited it to an hour a day, though there have been some days when I've gone over that.

All together it's going to be 24+ hours of grinding greys. I wasn't expecting to be getting so much XP off of low grey mobs, so that part of it is kind of funny to me.

But is it worth the time to do that? I mean according to what you said you did spent a higher amount of money in the cash shop which is ok, I did as well tbh. So shouldn't we consider if a few free costumes are worth our time? I mean your grinding at the same spot everytime which is even below your level only for that rum. And getting all event items, which requires several hours of grinding just to be a completionist doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm not sure what you mean? I've bought 2 pets (in addition to the 1 I got for buying the game), a character slot, and a 30 day appearance change coupon. I don't have any costumes, so two visible head items is worth it for me :)

Once I get to 500 rum I may stop and skip the flag if I'm beginning to feel burned out, but I have a pretty high tolerance for grinding. Since early April I had been spending all my energy on knowledge resets in order to get as many S-rank entries as I can, so I've been just killing grey mobs for like a month now anyway.

Posted

Geezeeeee, I can't even last three hours at grinding before I just don't want to even play the game, and it quickly becomes un-fun (Daum, read that also as "won't spend money on the game"). -- Thank god for AFK Fishing and EXP from doing pretty much anything or I'd still be around lvl 30.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Geezeeeee, I can't even last three hours at grinding before I just don't want to even play the game, and it quickly becomes un-fun (Daum, read that also as "won't spend money on the game"). -- Thank god for AFK Fishing and EXP from doing pretty much anything or I'd still be around lvl 30.

If I were to do it in long stretches like the first two grinding sessions than I'd probably get burned out, but I can put up with an hour a day.

My rum grinding today ran 1 hour 15 minutes of constant grinding, however only fetched 14 rum this time. Roughly 1 rum every 5 minutes 21 seconds.

That's one of my lowest rates yet which is ironic since I had raised the node level by 1 more today (up to node level 6). If that drop rate were to continue unchanged it would take over 27 hours to get the 319 rum I have left.

Might have to consider taking off my hour grinding limit a day and changing it to however long to accumulate 30 rum. That's how many I need per day to have enough by the 24th for all rewards.

--------------

EDIT

I did a bit more grinding and decided to check how many mobs I'm going through.

Running my kill circuit, over the course of 1 minute I'm killing roughly 64 mobs. So for the earlier drop rate of 1 rum every 5 minutes 21 seconds, I would have been getting approximately 1 rum for every 340 mobs.

This would be a drop rate of ~0.3%, which is rather low.

Keep in mind that was one of my lowest rates though, yet the best was only double that. This is on S-rank mobs on a level 6 node.

Edited by scau

Posted

Where is Kuit Island for the turn in of Rum???

qfXjfsp.jpg

6S2BY5u.jpg

Hope it helps, low levels hard to find it. I'm only lvl 22 with a raft :)

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Where can you do it once more and once a day? None of the involved NPCs has quests after I finished the first, at least not for me.

I get the quest started from Santo in Velia. It's basically the same dialogue from the first time. After receiving the quest repeat, I head to Florin to check in there and start the three mini tasks for the flowers that make up the wreath. After doing those tasks and making the wreath, I head back to Velia and Santo gives me 3 boxes of my preferred type of chocolates.

I hope this patch fixes these issues and increases the drop rates for rum, since they were rather ridiculous.

Edited by Cyndal
fixing grammar

Posted

After about 40 hours of grinding, here it is. my pirate eyepatch and bandana :D2016-05-13_470317047.thumb.JPG.fd840c0f12016-05-13_470318705.thumb.JPG.eb891acda

Hints for griding the rum:

Grind mobs less then 10 levels below your level, or droprate will be significantly reduced. (pref green or higher)

Invest in the node you are farming at

I farmed mine in Bloody monastery

I got about 1 rum every 3-5 mins.

Best of luck :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I get the quest started from Santo in Velia. It's basically the same dialogue from the first time. After receiving the quest repeat, I head to Florin to check in there and start the three mini tasks for the flowers that make up the wreath. After doing those tasks and making the wreath, I head back to Velia and Santo gives me 3 boxes of my preferred type of chocolates.
I hope this patch fixes these issues and increases the drop rates for rum, since they were rather ridiculous.

I am still not getting the dailies. My twinks do, but they are too low to do the part in the cave. Tried it once and had my level 20 die, so I am not doing it again until my main gets the quests. Ticket is several days old now and I am pretty sure there wont be any fix before the event is over ¬¬

Posted

After about 40 hours of grinding, here it is. my pirate eyepatch and bandana :D

Congrats, looks good!

I got my 300th rum earlier today, so now into the homestretch!

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats, looks good!

I got my 300th rum earlier today, so now into the homestretch!

Nice! Best of luck :) post a screenshot when you get it :)

Also, a note to people farming the bandana.

The Hair is ATTACHED to the bandana, and is blonde by default.

you can recolor this with dyes like i did on my screenshot earlier (i think i recolored mine coffee brown),

but you cannot use the bandana, and show your own haircolor/style!

Posted

Two hours with +5 luck, lvl 5 node, green mobs...and 7 -----ing rum to show for it.

Posted

The bandana does come with blonde hair and it's terrible, but you can dye it. 10/10

2016-05-14_2618264.thumb.JPG.975031dd70b

Posted

Okay, so I completed the quests for the Motherlover quest, but it won't give me the title...

Got it completed.

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if I've been extremely unlucky but I've tried grinding in several locations (all under 55 due to my level and not saussans cause it's always overcrowded) and in like 2 hours of grind I get between 7-10 rum bottles? Is this normal?

Is there no better place to farm rum bottles? I kinda wanted the event items but I see that I'm running out of time and mobs I grind don't seem to be rum drinkers...

Places I tried: Cultists, Manes, Helms (both regular and new area), new ancient golems thing area, rogues, treants, serendia shrine. Aside the treants that had a lower drop rate probably due to the lower level everyone else seemed to be dropping about the same.

Edited by Mish

Posted

Stupid question and may have been already answered:
If I want both the pirate hat AND the patch - do I need 500 rums then?

I have been farming as much as possible, but currently I only have around 100 bottles yet, and the event is almost over.
The 300 is possible if I step my game up, but 500 is way out of my reach. :(

Posted

That's probably about right. When the event began I put aside extra time to play to try to get rum and did grinding for 2 nights. After that I've limited it to an hour a day, though there have been some days when I've gone over that.

All together it's going to be 24+ hours of grinding greys. I wasn't expecting to be getting so much XP off of low grey mobs, so that part of it is kind of funny to me.

I'm not sure what you mean? I've bought 2 pets (in addition to the 1 I got for buying the game), a character slot, and a 30 day appearance change coupon. I don't have any costumes, so two visible head items is worth it for me :)

Once I get to 500 rum I may stop and skip the flag if I'm beginning to feel burned out, but I have a pretty high tolerance for grinding. Since early April I had been spending all my energy on knowledge resets in order to get as many S-rank entries as I can, so I've been just killing grey mobs for like a month now anyway.

I just wondered how you got nine character slots but you did get three of the biggest preorder pack right? ^^ 

I have only six slots :( I only bought the cheapest preorder thing but I wish bought the second one since i've already paid much more for the included items in the cash shop. But I only buy stuff that isn't buyable in the loyalties shop so no character slots for me for a long time:D