• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Mediah Update Part 2 Events

246 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hey, my character has a poped-eye, someone can tell me if you can chose in wich eye use the eye patch???

Edited by ReyRata

Posted

The rum really is gone, drop rate is incredibly too low.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It seems to scale with your lvl, the best way for newbies is to create a new character and kill grass beetles in Olvia.

Many near the gr4pe fields, skill instructor where a vigilante is standing and the area around there / behind the storage NPC.

Once you hit over lvl 11 it drops off a lot in this part, didnt try anywhere else as my max lvl is only 23.

EDIT this word is not permitted? gr4pes

Edited by ElectroStingz

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Please make the pirate rum event last one more week or more so us with limited time might have a chance for the rewards.

4 people like this

Posted

After about 40 hours of grinding, here it is. my pirate eyepatch and bandana :D2016-05-13_470317047.thumb.JPG.fd840c0f12016-05-13_470318705.thumb.JPG.eb891acda

Hints for griding the rum:

Grind mobs less then 10 levels below your level, or droprate will be significantly reduced. (pref green or higher)

Invest in the node you are farming at

I farmed mine in Bloody monastery

I got about 1 rum every 3-5 mins.

Best of luck :D

40 hours?????????????

Did it take that long for everyone? I have been working on my Pirate Art entry (which I won't finish in time either) So have not farmed any rum at all. Am I screwed?

Posted (edited)

this is ridiculous I played many hours and only have 40 ... failed event again

btw I still have the eggs from previous event..............................

Edited by Keep
1 person likes this

Posted

can we get a increase in drop rate for them.. its insane I farmed from 45 to 53 and still don't even have 300 rum -_-. this is crazy

2 people like this

Posted

are the pirate eyepatch and hat family bound or character bound? like if i get it on my tamer can i transfer it to wear on my sorc or something?

Posted (edited)

Hey

Edited by Kara

Posted

Finally collected 300 rum but it didn't occur to me that I would've needed my own boat to get to the NPC to turn these in. Not enough time left to build one so looks like it's time to get drinkin'.

Posted

wtf is with this rum drop rate?!?!

I put it off to do this weekend but apparently you made the drop rate waaaay worse than before so no chance I can get the stuff since I have work... T_T

1 person likes this

Posted

This rum event is the worst. I was done with grinding for the time being, it doesn't make sense for me to do so right now, so I guess I'll skip these rewards.

Posted (edited)

Dink your rum, players! Daum will remove your resources in May 25th.

Daum/GMs: send in game messages before maintenance please. Losing "rewards" is frustrating.  Feed us with info!

Breyer: You don't like this  old gipsy 's tucker? :D

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

After grinding Parasitic Bees non-stop for an hour a day (sometimes more) plus looting rum while leveling alts, I finally got my 500th rum.

onP9bBG.jpg

Clips through the brow on my Musa but I don't care :P

KQ0I0D6.jpg

I'd hoped to get all 3 rewards but putting in a 3.5 hour grinding session of more Parasitic Bees before the event's end is just not going to happen. If the event gets extended I'd go after it.

All in all I would estimate it took at least 24 hours of non-stop grinding Parasitic Bees (S-rank knowledge in Lv5-8 node), plus at least another 12 hours of getting rum while leveling regularly to collect my 500.

Finally collected 300 rum but it didn't occur to me that I would've needed my own boat to get to the NPC to turn these in. Not enough time left to build one so looks like it's time to get drinkin'.

If you can build or buy a raft off the market you can get there. It takes a long time but that's how I got to the island.

are the pirate eyepatch and hat family bound or character bound? like if i get it on my tamer can i transfer it to wear on my sorc or something?

Yep, family bound.

Posted

If you can build or buy a raft off the market you can get there. It takes a long time but that's how I got to the island.

are rafts up on the market often? I haven't had any luck in finding one myself. I'm going to try to build one when I get home later and hopefully that'll do. 

Posted (edited)

lol...whelp, at least I got enough for the pirate flag.

Daum, don't ever do any more of these 'retarded drop rate' events. You have more important things to fix.

Edited by illutian

Posted

are rafts up on the market often? I haven't had any luck in finding one myself. I'm going to try to build one when I get home later and hopefully that'll do. 

You could ask if anyone could take you there. I will help if you are on Alustin.

Posted (edited)

the drop rate is crazy low because they want you to buy their cash items

+ crazy hard when you have all the bottles you can t even go the npc

Edited by Keep

Posted

Drop rate is much too low for these, and more importantly - it's vastly inconsistent. My guild mates all have varying degrees of drop rates when farming nodes that have NO investment.

I've just finished my necklace dailies, with quest dailies, and I have 12 rum to show for it. That's after killing hundreds and hundreds of mobs. I tried farming in nodes where I have invested and have S+ knowledge, still no improvement (in fact, I farmed Bandits for 30 minutes and got NO rum.)

I've got guildies getting 10 or more rum per 30 minutes of farming.

Drop rate is too low. No confirmed ways to increase your chances by node investment, wearing luck gear, having superior knowledge, etc. In other words, it's all chance and NO FUN. 

2 people like this

Posted

the drop rate is crazy low because they want you to buy their cash items

+ crazy hard when you have all the bottles you can t even go the npc

'cept those items in the Cash shop look, in no way, like the Rum Event items.

Unless you're referring to the Loyalty item "Blessing of Kamasilve", which boosts item drop chance by 20%. -- Depleting 'Loyalty' to force players to spend Pearls to get dyes, LT increase, Storage space expansion (both City and Personal), Skill Resets, and any other item that is either obtained via Loyalty or Pearls.

((Remember, Devs don't dictate the course. The scum-sucking Executives do. And as someone who thinks like them. I would make sure you had to buy the pirate outfit at the very least to get a "reasonable" drop rate. -- This doesn't appear to be the case; I've notice no increase after donning my outfit. But it's something I would do. And then chalk it up to RNG quirks should it ever be discovered.))

Posted

Drop rate is much too low for these, and more importantly - it's vastly inconsistent. My guild mates all have varying degrees of drop rates when farming nodes that have NO investment.

I've just finished my necklace dailies, with quest dailies, and I have 12 rum to show for it. That's after killing hundreds and hundreds of mobs. I tried farming in nodes where I have invested and have S+ knowledge, still no improvement (in fact, I farmed Bandits for 30 minutes and got NO rum.)

I've got guildies getting 10 or more rum per 30 minutes of farming.

Drop rate is too low. No confirmed ways to increase your chances by node investment, wearing luck gear, having superior knowledge, etc. In other words, it's all chance and NO FUN. 

my recommendation after farming over 1000 rums (why? why do i do this to myself? i do not know..)

Make a new character, farm bees non stop until you hit level 11, and you will have about 50 rum.
This should take about 2-4 hours, depending on class & pets (i used a ranger and 2 pets).

Delete character and repeat.

This is without any node investment, and with the default starting clothes.

I have noticed no notable increase in drops when using luck items/scrolls/investment.

Posted (edited)

my recommendation after farming over 1000 rums (why? why do i do this to myself? i do not know..)

Make a new character, farm bees non stop until you hit level 11, and you will have about 50 rum.
This should take about 2-4 hours, depending on class & pets (i used a ranger and 2 pets).

I have noticed no notable increase in drops when using luck items/scrolls/investment.

Bees or beetles at Olvia?

Edited by SimoTheBird

Posted

This is the first event I have felt very frustrated about.

I have farmed mobs pretty consistently from the start of this event.

I have farmed for hours at a node that was invested in. I have been in groups killing thousands of mobs almost daily for L and XL guild quests.

I even started leveling a low level character around Olvia by running in endless circles killing stuff for hours.

265 rum.

Then there are guildies who got all 3 items with time to spare. Are some of the Conq pack accounts really bugged like the rumor going around suggests?

Posted

Thanks for the advice and I am glad it worked for you! I started a new character this morning and farmed bees (and any beetles that got in the way. :)).

Got all the titles, got 4 black stone weapons and 7 black stone armor in 30 minutes. (Nice!)

Got 12 rum.

I think the mobs that drop are actually entirely random for each player. I have A's on many of the imps near Olvia, so I tried those with my lvl 9 character and ... got nothing.

I'll keep farming today, but I have little hope I'll get the 80 I need for the 300 rum reward. :(

Posted

Hey everyone,

Small update to let you know, those 3 events are going to be extended for one extra week. 

New ending date: June 1st 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

14 people like this