• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Mediah Update Part 2 Events

246 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks for us know.  Guess I shouldn't have given up on the raft building and rum collection when I only managed to get 25 bottles in 3 hours and thought "These drop rates are too low; I have no chance of finishing this; peace."

1 person likes this

Posted

Got 3 rewards and 800 rums 6h+ a day

Posted (edited)

I really love the events and I always try my hardest to get all rewards on offer and up to this one have managed it but with such an appalling drop rate this was only ever something to achieve through intense grinding and contrary to what DAUM may think, not all players play like that.

.....  and then I noticed the change of date .... oh well, I guess they are listening :)

Edited by Rhiow

Posted

Hey everyone,

Small update to let you know, those 3 events are going to be extended for one extra week. 

New ending date: June 1st 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Much love <3 Thanks Tytyes.

By the way, can I get confirmation that you guys sent out the "We Are Family!" titles? A number of people haven't gotten theirs yet, but someone mentioned they saw someone with the title in-game. I don't even see it in the list of available titles though, so I assumed you guys haven't added it to the game yet.

Posted

Got 3 rewards and 800 rums 6h+ a day

How?

Posted

Hey everyone,

Small update to let you know, those 3 events are going to be extended for one extra week. 

I wished this was noticed a few days ahead, but regardless, thank you for extending the events to an extra week. The pirate event is really a pain in the ass to gain the Rum for the event.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey everyone,

Seriously, thank you.

And please take a look at drop rates of Event items for "fun events" (ie any Thanksgiving, Christmast, New Year events). -- Assuming there are going to be events.

These events should be fun and not made to feel like "I'm taking on a second (or third) job". For reference, I felt the Easter event was perfect. Sure I ended up standing over an egg for like 6 hours to get the last 40 of an egg type (Rainbow I think). But I didn't once feel like it was a waste of my time (I ran around the area gathering plants). Nor did I fee pressured to play X-amount of hours in order to complete it.

Posted

I am glad that it is extended I don't know what is going on with the drop rates but I switched to an alt (blader) because any drop rate on my main warrior is shit compared to my husbands sorceress. Yesterday I was able to collect 14 rum in 2 hours on my alt but had to stop playing because game wouldn't let me in.... Before that I had about 50 rum over many hours of gaming with my main. It would be nice to get at least 1 item from an event without having to actually grind for it.

Posted

thank you so much for extending this!!!

I was farming all yesterday and today and seriously getting bummed about this game. My faith is renewed! :D

Posted (edited)

thank you so much for extending this!!!

I was farming all yesterday and today and seriously getting bummed about this game. My faith is renewed! :D

Ok...  not sure how this renewed your faith.

This just in maintenance will be extended 2 hours.

OH THANK THE LORD!

Edited by PhantomGhost

Posted

Flag

2016-05-24_1507571796.JPG

2016-05-24_1507967195.JPG

Posted

I dont really get all the complaints.. I started doing combat in the last 5 days of the event and easily made about one thousand..

Posted

Glad that you extended it! I just wish this notice would have gone out sooner as I pretty much quit wasting my time a while back since the drop rates were so low.  Maybe for future events look at striking a balance between fun and grind.  I'm still not even going to try for those items however.

Posted

Sucks some people struggling to get the rum, i think ive got thousands of it now :(.

Posted

1th june.... saved my life... im stuck @ 502Rum missing 98 .... farmin like crazy

Posted

Much love <3 Thanks Tytyes.

By the way, can I get confirmation that you guys sent out the "We Are Family!" titles? A number of people haven't gotten theirs yet, but someone mentioned they saw someone with the title in-game. I don't even see it in the list of available titles though, so I assumed you guys haven't added it to the game yet.

Title should be sent out with the 1st of June maintenance. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

Hey everyone,

You should have announce that earlier, i bought 2 flags because i couldn't afford the "hat".

Posted

I dont really get all the complaints.. I started doing combat in the last 5 days of the event and easily made about one thousand..

Yes, it's been well-documented that the drop rate is complete garbage.

It almost seems to be based on the Time to Kill a mob. My Wizard has been mowing down 'white named' mobs using my warrior's +15 gear (minus the weapon of course) and I've been ending 3hr-long grind sessions with about 50 Rum.

Meanwhile, my warrior (now only 22 levels ahead of said wizard) ground for 7 hours near the beginning of the event and only achieved 17 Rum.

The difference? I can butcher about 7 mobs in about 3 seconds using the Wizard's chain lightning and my warrior (pure DP for pvp lulz) takes about 7 seconds or more on a single mob (or group if I can get a pack).

Or, worse, the drop rate is zone wide. So the faster and more you can kill the more you can loot...seems my Wizard gets way more Black Stones (even before the Valencia Event) along with trade item drops, and gear drops than my warrior.

((If it's not understood, basically I'm suggesting the drop rates are done like the old time slot machines which were calibrated to give a payout ever so many lever pulls. This is where the movie skit of someone spending hours at a slot machine, giving up and leaving, and some shmuck comes and drops a single quarter in and wins the jackpot probably came from.

So, the more people farming in a zone rolls the Loot Dice more, but if you can kill faster than the other players you have a better chance of "stealing" their Jackpot roll because YOU killed the 100th / 1000th / 10000th mob in the area. Not You killed YOUR mob and the dice rolled and you won the RNG [this is where the it's said "you'd have to killed X-amount of mobs to get the drop" would come into play].))

Posted (edited)

135 rums since the event started. Been playing on an almost daily basis and I can grind for two hours and get like 3 rums. The drop rate is so awful that even with the extended time i won't make it. =(

Edited by hdnine

Posted (edited)

Meh now, with 156 rum, i grabbed the flag as "Better this than nothing" prize. :/

Edited by Khel
1 person likes this

Posted

135 rums since the event started. Been playing on an almost daily basis and I can grind for two hours and get like 3 rums. The drop rate is so awful that even with the extended time i won't make it. =(

Wut?  I have like 900 of them just chillin out in my inventory..  Grind more.

Posted

I Don't understand how some people obtained so few rums. I got about 1200 with 3-4 hour of gameplay/day.

But that is more imonrtant, the pirate drawing event is also prolongated? So can we upload pics if we hadn't ready yet with the picture? 

It would be Important information for me. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the advice and I am glad it worked for you! I started a new character this morning and farmed bees (and any beetles that got in the way. :)).

Got all the titles, got 4 black stone weapons and 7 black stone armor in 30 minutes. (Nice!)

Got 12 rum.

I think the mobs that drop are actually entirely random for each player. I have A's on many of the imps near Olvia, so I tried those with my lvl 9 character and ... got nothing.

I'll keep farming today, but I have little hope I'll get the 80 I need for the 300 rum reward. :(

If you got 12 in 30 minutes then that is almost exactly as they predicted i.e. in 2 hours that is 48 bottles of rum and they stated 2-4 hours. If I got 13 black stones in 30 minutes farming beetles I would be just as happy :) 

Edited by Moonraker

Posted (edited)

Leveled a sorceress from lvl14 to lvl24 and over several days, she mows through mobs like it was butter, spentabout 2-3 hours a day of mobs only got 20 rum. Just want the flag. Have a job. Can't play game full time 6+ hours a day. Conquer's package...apparently no difference. Wish rum was family bound so I could start a newbie wizard and see if those drop rates improve.

Edit: Oh yes one factor was missing gameplay last weekend since May 18th update messed my game up and I had to download it multiple times, couldn't connect until sunday when  I found a small comment buried deep in the technical issues forums about clearing game cache which apparently should be done after re-downloading the game. So there was 3 days missing in my lovely grind schedule so my fault for having a computer that hates it everytime this particular game updates. LOL

Update: Ok based on comments in this thread I went to Olivia and farmed grass beetles. I did not need to create a new character to do this. I took my lvl 24 in there with an existing amount of 20 rum and ground the beetles for about 3 hours. During that span of time I looted 31 rum. The deal with the beetles is this, they spawn fast and they are extremely numerous! So it's easy to just clear one field, run to the next, clear that one, go back to the other, do it all again. Now I have hope I'll get my pirate flag after all! But I sure as heck do not have the patience to do this for the bandana. :(

Edited by KorDaS
Update

Posted

loving these events; and grateful for the extension. I was distracted last night and thought i lost out, but due to the extension, picked up the last two items just now! Awesome Sauce, my friends!

Leveled a sorceress from lvl14 to lvl24 and over several days, she mows through mobs like it was butter, spentabout 2-3 hours a day of mobs only got 20 rum. Just want the flag. Have a job. Can't play game full time 6+ hours a day. Conquer's package...apparently no difference. Wish rum was family bound so I could start a newbie wizard and see if those drop rates improve.

Edit: Oh yes one factor was missing gameplay last weekend since May 18th update messed my game up and I had to download it multiple times, couldn't connect until sunday when  I found a small comment buried deep in the technical issues forums about clearing game cache which apparently should be done after re-downloading the game. So there was 3 days missing in my lovely grind schedule so my fault for having a computer that hates it everytime this particular game updates. LOL

rum is family bound