• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Toxicity of guilds..

58 posts in this topic

Posted

So I am sure there is flaming to come but I'm curious on how this gaming community as a whole feels on a situation I am seeing escalate in game.. I understand that tensions get high, and egos need to be stroked, but what do you see as too far? Currently in Orwen a guild (A) I know is constantly facing another guild in battle which is all good, but this guild (B) isn't only huge on griefing but in bad mouthing.. and I don't mean your normal game play bad mouthing.. They go out of their way to verbally attack the guild leader and some of its members, making false accusations, and calling the leader obscenities in general chat as well as its other members, and constantly shit talking their guild as a whole.. I understand toxicity in a game but I also believe in limits to how far people should take things. I have thick skin but some of the things the members of this guild says and does makes me cringe.

Anyways, I'm also curious how others are doing out there in the game so far and your encounters in gvg/pvp? I haven't seen any other guilds act as repulsive as B, but it would be interesting to see how other experiences have been thus far. I know this was going to be a PvP game I was just hoping it wouldn't be one with this much toxicity in the player base :\

Posted (edited)

So I am sure there is flaming to come but I'm curious on how this gaming community as a whole feels on a situation I am seeing escalate in game.. I understand that tensions get high, and egos need to be stroked, but what do you see as too far? Currently in Orwen a guild (A) I know is constantly facing another guild in battle which is all good, but this guild (B) isn't only huge on griefing but in bad mouthing.. and I don't mean your normal game play bad mouthing.. They go out of their way to verbally attack the guild leader and some of its members, making false accusations, and calling the leader obscenities in general chat as well as its other members, and constantly shit talking their guild as a whole.. I understand toxicity in a game but I also believe in limits to how far people should take things. I have thick skin but some of the things the members of this guild says and does makes me cringe.

Anyways, I'm also curious how others are doing out there in the game so far and your encounters in gvg/pvp? I haven't seen any other guilds act as repulsive as B, but it would be interesting to see how other experiences have been thus far. I know this was going to be a PvP game I was just hoping it wouldn't be one with this much toxicity in the player base :\

I have not had this experience, but there will always be bad apples. If things get out of hand, report their behavior. However, consider that many of these ridiculous behaving players are children, and their parents often use that entertainment as a babysitter. Sadly, this means poor social skills, worse behavior, and even worse morale compasses. Just do not stoop to their level and do not let their damaged upbringing impact your enjoyment of the fun you should be having.

Edited by Zibbernopperrroo
I am on Orwen btw.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Said this so many times, the BDO community is toxic. Not to say there isn't  good people out there but overall toxic.

Edited by Hulk_Junior33
6 people like this

Posted

screenshot and open a ticket.. one or two messages out of spite you can let go but if it is consistent harassment then block them print screen and report. 

If they keep spamming in general chat the bans will just escalate. 

2 people like this

Posted

You say BDO is toxic as you are actually suprised. On forum of every game people are crying their game has toxic community.
When you will understand that is how it is, that is human's natural thing, just lot of us are tamed and we are controling it. 
Ignore it cuz it doesn't matter. It's not so bad at all, be happy about that

Posted

Said this so many times, the BDO community is toxic. Not to say there isn't  good people out there but overall toxic.

I haven't found the community in any way particularly toxic. To be honest, for a game with this few repercussions for 'going on your own' I'm surprised there isn't more toxicity. (at least on Jordine EU)

1 person likes this

Posted

^this

Posted

Some people are unlucky and having a bad experience. 
I had a great response from the community in BDO so far and i experienced way worser in other games ^^ 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm really thinking it depends on where you are.  I hang out on the RP channel in Orwen, and the community there is much nicer.  I see far fewer instances of people being jerks, and most folks actually help each other (at least in the RP chat they do...no one RP's in RP chat.  Instead, it's what channel chat should have been).  Interestingly, you get far more people who are overly conscientious in that channel.  It can be very much a tug-of-war between topics and opinions.  That said, what I don't see is the extreme toxicity that I've seen in other channels.  Even when people are arguing, it usually doesn't escalate to pathetic name-calling.  If it does, it never lasts long as the community will suddenly talk about something else until the arguing folks take a hint.

5 people like this

Posted

I haven't found the community in any way particularly toxic. To be honest, for a game with this few repercussions for 'going on your own' I'm surprised there isn't more toxicity. (at least on Jordine EU)

Really? Two different experiences I guess? I mean for me there was some cool people but then I was getting so many trash people, especially when they take my mobs :( 

I'm really thinking it depends on where you are.  I hang out on the RP channel in Orwen, and the community there is much nicer.  I see far fewer instances of people being jerks, and most folks actually help each other (at least in the RP chat they do...no one RP's in RP chat.  Instead, it's what channel chat should have been).  Interestingly, you get far more people who are overly conscientious in that channel.  It can be very much a tug-of-war between topics and opinions.  That said, what I don't see is the extreme toxicity that I've seen in other channels.  Even when people are arguing, it usually doesn't escalate to pathetic name-calling.  If it does, it never lasts long as the community will suddenly talk about something else until the arguing folks take a hint.

The more I'm reading the not rim realising maybe I'm wrong and the community is different depending on server. I take back what I said. 

Posted

Do you need a safe space, little boy? 

4 people like this

Posted

Do you need a safe space, little boy? 

LET THE TRIGGERING BEGIN!?

1 person likes this

Posted

Just name the guilds, otherwise whats the point in this post

Posted

I'm playing on Jordine since headstart and I have yet to experience any guild based attacks on general chat.

Posted

I believe that amount of toxicity is natural in this time (lets call it early launch), now don't get me wrong, its bad, nobody likes toxic communities.

But this game has a way of extracting that competitive spirit outta you, and you will gain two types of people, those that can handle it (that's me!) and those that cannot (when xxxpussyslayer says he had his way with yo momma).

I say just disregard them, hell you can even report them, toxicity shouldn't be tolerated to that amount, but as time passes by, the raging sea will calm down.

Posted

I picked Uno because I am not out to make a name for my self like every other person who crammed onto the other 2 NA servers. I also disabled channel chat, RP chat and global to avoid the usual weirdos.

I get plenty of interaction from my clan and other random people I meet and have yet to run into a toxic player outside of the red battlefields. There are always toxic players in every MMO... but there are ways to mitigate their impact on your play time.

Posted

I am in a clan. I have no problems with other guilds whatsoever. Best choice I ever made :)

Posted

I couldn't imagine being a toxic guild. Luckily my members adhere to a no cuck policy.

3 people like this

Posted

This forum's the only place i ever heard of the word cuck

Posted (edited)

My experience of this too, people are being suspended due to toxicity but Daum has a lot of stuff to deal with.

I love the Karma system though, because I've leveled up and don't care about EXP now if I want to grind in peace I just easily force people red. They love to brag how they're beating me, like who cares you aren't smart enough to understand my tactic.... I'm grinding then they realize they're red and get irate. They belong back on league of legends to be honest....

Edited by Jack Sparrow
1 person likes this

Posted

It's not hard to ignore them, unless you're an angst ridden teen.

I got 5 v 1 'd the other day @ the edge of town.  I was cc'd for 95% of the fight, so I ran back into town.

I was hungry, so I went and made a sandwich, for 15 minutes, and came back to a bunch of messages of how bad I was.

I enjoyed my sandwich and went about my business.

I could have called my guild to decimate them, but meh 

Posted

I couldn't imagine being a toxic guild. Luckily my members adhere to a no cuck policy.

As the recruitment officer for LC, I can confirm that we have a strict no cuck policy, and do intense evaluations and interrogations to confirm none of our members are toxic in any way.

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry that youve had a negative experience. Just know that not every guild out there is like that.

Posted (edited)

You choose your toxicity level when you select a guild or a group of players to quest with. You don't always know up front who you are choosing. Once you find out you don't like a group, move on if you cannot adapt or accept the toxicity. 

Edited by Grizabella

Posted

As the PVP Lead for LC, I too can confirm the no cuck policy.  We do M A N D A T O R Y P V P T R A I N I N G.  There is no toxicity in our Royal Canadian Mounted Police lines.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0