• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Toxicity of guilds..

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Ignore it and move along. You have every possible ability in the game to ignore shit from other people/guilds.
Stop making bs into victimization fuel.

Posted

Mom! He called me bad names! Its hurting my feelings!

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd suggest just ignoring it. I mean really? You're letting a group of people you don't even know get to you on the internet? 

I personally couldn't imagine getting offended by someone who is probably fat, poor, ugly, lacks a social life, etc, or mixture thereof. Let them grief you and take their pent up rage on you, it is probably their only outlet or enjoyment in life. 

Posted

I have not met one mean person ever :3

Posted

Shit talk is part of any competitive game. If you don't like it, the block button exists, you could also close your chat, close your eyes, turn off your computer, or if you're extremely triggered by the fairly standard-issue shit talk that happens in game you can file a report and feel satisfied you kept another evil trash talker off the streets while the hackers run wild.

Posted

I personally couldn't imagine getting offended by someone who is probably fat, poor, ugly, lacks a social life, etc, or mixture thereof. 

So you dont get offended because you simply offend them in your mind first. Funny how some people can feel superior only if they belittle others. 

I dont get offended by people who are of no importance to me. Even if they are not fat, ugly etc.

Posted

So you dont get offended because you simply offend them in your mind first. Funny how some people can feel superior only if they belittle others. 

I dont get offended by people who are of no importance to me. Even if they are not fat, ugly etc.

he acts like being fat and ugly are bad... some people like food. and as for ugly... some people are just born ugly *cough* but id rather be ugly on the outside than ugly inside.

Posted

he acts like being fat and ugly are bad... 

Well from a biological standpoint both of those things are bad. Being fat increases your chances of dying early, and being ugly reduces your chances of finding a partner to reproduce with and continue the human race.

Posted

Well from a biological standpoint both of those things are bad. Being fat increases your chances of dying early, and being ugly reduces your chances of finding a partner to reproduce with and continue the human race.

2367aa1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Only "ugly" is very much a matter of taste. Besides some of us prefer brains over looks. I could never stand guys who look like a model yet cant put 2 sensible words together. Ewww :S

Posted

Eu jordine is fine imo.

Posted

There will always be some who think insulting you is the best way to handle toxicity... I worry about their future.

As others have noted, if it is of an abusive nature, screenprint to document and build evidence, report.

You're not a tattle-tale for doing so, this isn't grade school.  You're not over-sensitive for doing so, this isn't a Klingon reunion.  It's a game in a public sphere where strangers play together and some very basic standards of behavior do apply.

Report a little bully near you, you're doing them a favor.

Posted

Only "ugly" is very much a matter of taste. Besides some of us prefer brains over looks. I could never stand guys who look like a model yet cant put 2 sensible words together. Ewww :S

Its not always one or the other, however.

Posted

I think the community is largely neutral/positive with a minority of toxic players that we have to pluck early so they don't worsen the overall experience of the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you

Posted

League of legends has one of the highest player bases atm. 

The league of legends forums are the most toxic thing you'll ever encounter.

The bdo forums are next for me as the most toxic.

You know why?  Because bdo has more players.. Just like the Islam religion. You see 1000 bad ones out of 1 million and think ''OH HORRIBLE RELIGION'' but its not true when that 1000 counts for less than 1%.. 

I'm palestinian so im allowed to say that analogy x).

Yeah just try to understand when there is more its easier to get bad rotten ones.

1 person likes this

Posted

Reminder only "toxic" people use the term "toxic".

Posted

Its not always one or the other, however.

No but most people are just average, even more leaning to the ugly side. Again, it depends on taste and personality. My husband in example is not a classic handsome guy but I could get a broom to sweep off all the women hitting on him. He has a charm and self esteem I havent seen many men do. Very young people usually think looks are everything, later on you realize they matter very little. Or you dont, if you are callous. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No but most people are just average, even more leaning to the ugly side. Again, it depends on taste and personality. My husband in example is not a classic handsome guy but I could get a broom to sweep off all the women hitting on him. He has a charm and self esteem I havent seen many men do. Very young people usually think looks are everything, later on you realize they matter very little. Or you dont, if you are callous. 

Yup.

Once you get old enough you realize income and a retirement plan are way more important than looks that fade away after a couple decades ;)

Posted (edited)

Without young people who are immature and inexperienced enough that they can still self identify their own ego's with their characters, a large part of the "talking shit because I beat you in PvP and that matters to me because I'm 13" goes away.

Edited by Ironclan
1 person likes this

Posted

I have thick skin

You say you got thick skin, yet you're on a forum complaining about people being mean to others.

You don't have thick skin m8.

Posted (edited)

I would think it would matter on the guild itself. Group mentality usually comes into play as it does in real life like---it's very contagious within a group especially if they all have the same mentality (pvp only/ gank guilds for example). Also, anonymity adds to their excuse to hackle/berate you because you can't reach through the computer screen and shank their a--, they get brave and start building ego because they're safe in their little isolated room. Age 18+ guilds, there are bound to be little boys who still think and act like little boys. (more testosterone, risk-taking attitudes, and immature mentality-----similar to most college frats). The age 25+ guilds are usually more laid back. Once you get a certain age, you don't really give a sh-t about what anyone says anymore and continue on with life. If anything, if they keep bothering you past a certain time limit (like 6 hours+), screenshoot and report as harassment.

Edited by SpunkyCowGirl

Posted

Yup.
Once you get old enough you realize income and a retirement plan are way more important than looks that fade away after a couple decades ;)

Yeah well damn I am not old enough to realize that yet it seems :P  Maybe if I get married 3rd time I will look into his retirement plans.

Posted

Ive experienced some guilds on orwen that pk on sight if youre in theyre quest area (gobble gobble) but thats about it so far

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0