• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pm diary PM Diary 2.2 - Cash Shop and more

1,944 posts in this topic

Posted

If they would just keep implementing incredibly awesome looking costumes/weapon skins into the cash shop and keep the small (profession) boosts, skill resets, etc (maybe even buffed (PvE) health potions for people that do not prefer playing in groups, but still want more challanging PvE), people will continue using the cash shop. In my opinion Blade & Soul has done this right. They solely sell cosmetics and very tiny experience/money boosts for premium players. But it is absolutely not required to pay. It is just a tiny bit more convenient for payers.

I don't get the point about your statement and what I said. We are discussing 2 different topics. What I say it's if we open the cash shop to be sold on the AH now, with that gear scaling. It will get ugly really fast. Because people who sell outfits and other things on the AH will get easy silver. With that easy silver they will buy more of the enchant items or the gear already done. Creating a gap bigger and bigger with those who do not do the same. Then we will get at a point where people who do not have a gear at least equivalent cannot fight back.

Personally I prefer to grind and get some decent gear and do some fights, event if it will be more difficult, rather than think that if I want to fight I must get that +20.

Many people came for the pvp, and if they cannot do pvp till they get the exact same gear, because they get wrecked, they will leave or pay to get even.

Yes they do not need to pay. But to get that +20 only by grind will take really long without paying. And if you want only to do pvp or like to have a break from time to time of pve and want to participate in a guild fight or any other form of pvp, well you can but you will feel as useful as a lvl 1 in the middle of lvl 50.

And don't forget about the proud and mighty warriors who like to have a fair and challenging fight. Those who come with their +20 and just kill people who do not have a +20 on sight. Not letting them farm or harassing them. The mighty PK. AKA herp derp I'm so stronk to kill lowbis. A +17 can easy kill 3 +15... Yeah nice gear scaling.

Your point of view seems to be, the devs have other way to get money. Yes they do, so not need to put a gear that will force players to get it, if they want to appreciate the endgame. Get more content ? Top gear players will be there not letting you do it too. Better skins for gear ? If it cannot be sold it wont help you to get that top gear. If you do not get that gear you get easy killed and can't fight back and by so cannot enjoy the game. There should be a gap, but not one so huge that make you think do I turn back or do I pay for the shortcut because you are worthless before crossing it and with grind it will take way to long. And more people get that gear ton more bigger the gap gets because they will more frequently fight somebody who has one. And it will get harder to enjoy fights or grind if there are more and more people who 1 shot you. Once you are on the other side of the gap no problem but before is pain in the ass.

If they want to survive they need income. To get it, yes cool skins, new content that kind of shit. But they need people to stay and pay for it. People won't stay if it takes too long for them to enjoy playing the game.

So how the devs get money does not matter with that broken gear. With the gear scaled, no need to have the best to do endgame or pvp. A decent one is enough. Having the best will help a lot, but not overshadow the lesser ones.

Posted (edited)

I don't get the point about your statement and what I said. We are discussing 2 different topics. What I say it's if we open the cash shop to be sold on the AH now, with that gear scaling. It will get ugly really fast. Because people who sell outfits and other things on the AH will get easy silver. With that easy silver they will buy more of the enchant items or the gear already done. Creating a gap bigger and bigger with those who do not do the same. Then we will get at a point where people who do not have a gear at least equivalent cannot fight back.

Personally I prefer to grind and get some decent gear and do some fights, event if it will be more difficult, rather than think that if I want to fight I must get that +20.

Many people came for the pvp, and if they cannot do pvp till they get the exact same gear, because they get wrecked, they will leave or pay to get even.

Yes they do not need to pay. But to get that +20 only by grind will take really long without paying. And if you want only to do pvp or like to have a break from time to time of pve and want to participate in a guild fight or any other form of pvp, well you can but you will feel as useful as a lvl 1 in the middle of lvl 50.

And don't forget about the proud and mighty warriors who like to have a fair and challenging fight. Those who come with their +20 and just kill people who do not have a +20 on sight. Not letting them farm or harassing them. The mighty PK. AKA herp derp I'm so stronk to kill lowbis. A +17 can easy kill 3 +15... Yeah nice gear scaling.

Your point of view seems to be, the devs have other way to get money. Yes they do, so not need to put a gear that will force players to get it, if they want to appreciate the endgame. Get more content ? Top gear players will be there not letting you do it too. Better skins for gear ? If it cannot be sold it wont help you to get that top gear. If you do not get that gear you get easy killed and can't fight back and by so cannot enjoy the game. There should be a gap, but not one so huge that make you think do I turn back or do I pay for the shortcut because you are worthless before crossing it and with grind it will take way to long. And more people get that gear ton more bigger the gap gets because they will more frequently fight somebody who has one. And it will get harder to enjoy fights or grind if there are more and more people who 1 shot you. Once you are on the other side of the gap no problem but before is pain in the ass.

If they want to survive they need income. To get it, yes cool skins, new content that kind of shit. But they need people to stay and pay for it. People won't stay if it takes too long for them to enjoy playing the game.

So how the devs get money does not matter with that broken gear. With the gear scaled, no need to have the best to do endgame or pvp. A decent one is enough. Having the best will help a lot, but not overshadow the lesser ones.

Wow. What a story on a little suggestion I make about cash shop based games. I am totally against a P2W model and I was only suggesting a way for cash shop based games to continue to make money, without ruining the game. You guys are blinded by the whole +20 gear story, that you just randomly flame a guy who only suggests something.

Get a cup of tea or continue your Retalin treatment. Jeez...

Edit:. With costumes I (of course) mean account bound costumes. I never said anything about auctionable costumes.

Edited by Tyriel

Posted

Wow. What a story on a little suggestion I make about cash shop based games. I am totally against a P2W model and I was only suggesting a way for cash shop based games to continue to make money, without ruining the game. You guys are blinded by the whole +20 gear story, that you just randomly flame a guy who only suggests something.

Get a cup of tea or continue your Retalin treatment. Jeez...

Edit:. With costumes I (of course) mean account bound costumes. I never said anything about auctionable costumes.

You quote me when I talk about a wall that is hard to climb and if we open the AH now people will feel like needing to pay to get over it. And you make statements about the cash shop and that kind of things and that it will absolutely not be required to pay. If it's not related don't quote somebody and if it is expect some answer.

I wasn't flaming I was just explaining you the situation and how thing could get. Your point isn't bad, but don't you think that most f2p games try to achieve that and when they don't manage to do it, start putting p2w elements in cash shops or that kind of shit ? For me it's an evidence that if they want for people to stay and spend money they must put entertaining things and nice things to buy. League of legend know that. But the gear IS an issue.

Will not write again why that gear will make people leave, making the devs panic, put p2w elements and ruin the game like it is on the other servers with same scenario.

They cannot achieve what you ask (and which is most f2p dream) while there is this crap and the potions too.

Once at least the gear is changed, they can open the cash shop to AH because there will be no more people who will complain that they have to pay to compete. There will still be some crying that people get ahead by paying, but be ahead doesn't mean win. As long as skills matters and not just wining because +20.

Posted

About the cash shop , i wish u be like gw2, most like cosmetic soo =Epic wind not like others old games that fail like hell (K) 

We know that carebears and pve queens wil buy a lot of comestics things sooo Win! 

Posted (edited)

what the developers can do or the GM is put the itemshop customs in events quests boss drops or even have them on auction house so no player makes the profit and those who cant afford to buy them of item shop

you seem to be oblivious to the fact they NEED to make money to keep the game running..

AND they NEED an active community WILLING TO PAY them continually....

as someone that doesnt mind throwing subscribtion after a game, even throwing 100€ as start buy and don't mind throwing money after silly cosmetics if i want them, BUT any kind of P2W and i won't spend a dime on it, because P2W is the devil for any fun in a game -.-

when my wallet decides how my competitive abilities will be i lose interest... i got more than enough money, it really isn't that, but if i wanted to pay to win i would just pay some korean dude to play all day and win with my name and it would be about as pathetic as any other P2W bs...

now keep in mind that the VAST majority of people willing to pay continually has this attitude, and putting in P2W might get a few whales in; it might even make them more money at first because of these whales, BUT it will remove the players which are ok with doing this long term, and it will focus their income on a VERY few instead of the many, and move their focus to making people enjoy the first 3month then dont care (because it have been proven that after the first 3month people have spendt what they are willing to in those games and very little extra will ever be spend from them).

i get that you are sour that you can't get EVERYTHING for free... but seriously to be frank i don't give a shit. the fact you are not ok with spending 10€ once to get a cool outfit, BUT you want them to allow people to spend 1.000€ to get "I WIN GEAR" so you can avoid having to spend cash on cosmetics; tells me i rather not have you in the game at all, because your prioritizes and wants are directly hurting my enjoyment if they listen to you in any extend.

About the cash shop , i wish u be like gw2, most like cosmetic soo =Epic wind not like others old games that fail like hell (K) 

We know that carebears and pve queens wil buy a lot of comestics things sooo Win! 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gw2 is horrific. the only reason it doesn't shine through like crazy is that getting the best gear in the game could be done in 2 weeks back then. this meand that the p2w was minor.

in a game like this where it takes MONTHS! if not upwards to a year or over to get maxed out, it would be horrific to sell ingame currency.

as for cosmetics, i REALLY hope they introduce a TON more in BDO, since there is only like 1-2 outfit on KR that i like for my class, and even those it is the weapon from one, the wings and shoes from another :P

so it is really not much that i think it "worth" buying when it comes to cosmetics.... also the fact the bodies of the characters looks kind of "not that beautifull" in my oppinion, gives me less incentive to buy the lingeri stuff ^^ wish they would have a good look at the characters body models and give it some extra work ^^

Edited by Tjaranis

Posted

Starting love this pubblisher

Posted

I was wondering something about the cosmetics/costumes.  In KR many of the costume items give bonus, like name hide, faster swim speed, +XP%, etc..  Do these bonuses still exist for NA or are the costumes purely cosmetic? 

Posted

Very nice, looking forward to trying CB2 now. :-D

Posted

You are are going to announce the exact time of the name reservations in advance instead of just throwing it up when half the population of the world are asleep, right?

Posted

just wondering dont know if its been asked or any information is out on it. sorry if there is and i didnt find it

I am wondering BDO being b2p which is great and having a cash shop which is meh is it the exact same cash shop items as the other f2p versions?

also I am wondering if there is an exchange service for in game gold for points to make purchases in the cash shop like Gw2 has?

Posted

based on these images either my witch, ranger, or tamer will be getting the pre-order costume. if only it was for everyone =( and also unique to the NA/EU version (dont try and hide the fact that these unique costumes are in other regions, some of us are playing there and have already bought it for our char.).

oh well one per account i can live with (not the main reason i bought conq anyway, don't really like the look all too much)

Posted

just wondering dont know if its been asked or any information is out on it. sorry if there is and i didnt find it

I am wondering BDO being b2p which is great and having a cash shop which is meh is it the exact same cash shop items as the other f2p versions?

also I am wondering if there is an exchange service for in game gold for points to make purchases in the cash shop like Gw2 has?

it doesn't seem it will have a gold to gem trade system at all. they wanted to let costumes eventually be purchased through the auction house, but good portion of the community has started yelling that those systems make the game pay to win and railed against anything like it being put in :x. I've been jumping through the forums trying to make it so the costumes can at least be purchased on the AH even if it's at ridiculous prices.

Posted (edited)

it doesn't seem it will have a gold to gem trade system at all. they wanted to let costumes eventually be purchased through the auction house, but good portion of the community has started yelling that those systems make the game pay to win and railed against anything like it being put in :x. I've been jumping through the forums trying to make it so the costumes can at least be purchased on the AH even if it's at ridiculous prices.

Selling them for a ridiculous price on the AH, will not make people want to buy them and put them on there, it would not be worth for them. A better way would be to have an NPC sell them, but for a huge amount of silver. So people will have to think about. Buy an almost useless outfit to be pretty at the expense of some good things or spend cash. And it will let the possibility for people who cannot, or absolutely don't want to, use silver to get them too.

based on these images either my witch, ranger, or tamer will be getting the pre-order costume. if only it was for everyone =( and also unique to the NA/EU version (dont try and hide the fact that these unique costumes are in other regions, some of us are playing there and have already bought it for our char.).

oh well one per account i can live with (not the main reason i bought conq anyway, don't really like the look all too much)

Form what I have read, yes in the other regions they have some of them but not the tamer or valk one. Note sure if these are supposes to be unique for us (hope so). And even so I don't think they meant unique in the way only US/EU will get them, but only those who preorder will have them. They will not be sold in th cash shop here. I may be wrong, I don't remember where they talked about all of that.

But yeah would have been nice to have something the other regions will not have.

Edited by Kunio-Kun

Posted

One question about payment cause I wondering about that...What payments method we'll have available? The same methods like we have with Pre-order?

Posted

Personally would like to not see trading implemented. I was drawn to the game partially for this reason (among many others). 

Posted

Note:

• If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace
    Update
  • You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House

THIS IS PHENOMENAL NEWS. THANKS VERY MUCH.

Posted

omg Bel so that's why you left Vindictus, I so agree with your choice, I'm here for Black Desert too and I can't wait to play it *o*

And thanks so much for the lazy summary omg you saved my life T^T <3

Posted

Contrary to what some people believe, the current game is not P2W. The only way to get character XP boosters are via the Mileage shop. This means you actually have to play to get the XP boosters. Sure, you can cheat the system and just log into BDO every day (not hard to do), but that at least shows effort instead of cash.

The only XP boosters that you can buy with cash is the Horse XP booster. 

I applaud BDO for not being P2W right now. We will see how it goes later.

Posted

Note:

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
  • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace
  • 100 Mileage will be distributed via daily login
  • Miles are family bound; items are character bound

Server Setup

Still in discussion. No update yet. Sorry folks.

Once we found a final decision, we will let you know and explain the reasoning behind it. Whatever setup it will be, it will be in your interest.

Any news how you want to controll the players cashing in with Cash Shop items? like 1 Costum to sell every day? Because if they are able to sell 5-10 items from the cash shop it will still give them a huge advantage - just my point of view.

Any news about the servers? Will we have seperate servers or will we get something like Russia - where everything is connected?

In my opinion its more interesting to have seperate servers, because each server will have a different decision to make "how to play" the politics/war/pvp and how the market is growing

If we have Seperate Servers - will the marketplace will be connected to the specific region? like all EU Marketplaces are connected?

Posted

Any news how you want to controll the players cashing in with Cash Shop items? like 1 Costum to sell every day? Because if they are able to sell 5-10 items from the cash shop it will still give them a huge advantage - just my point of view.

probably like in Kr, you can "only" spend 500$ per month lol.

Any news about the servers? Will we have seperate servers or will we get something like Russia - where everything is connected?

In my opinion its more interesting to have seperate servers, because each server will have a different decision to make "how to play" the politics/war/pvp and how the market is growing

We don't know yet ....................................................

If we have Seperate Servers - will the marketplace will be connected to the specific region? like all EU Marketplaces are connected?

We can't know but i guess marketplace will be only connected to their own server as in other mmorpg, but why not connected all market places for each region.

Posted

Remove Potions revive to PVP!

Posted

I'd like to say that it is a very intelligent and fair move on Daum's part to not sell black stones, game progression items, etc in the cash shop. When I played the russian version, it immensely bothered me at how these things were available for real money, and I didn't want to see this same monetization used in the english version. Great job and a smart team at work.

2 people like this

Posted

Wow I was excited about this game from youtube videos, but this thread was something else 0.0 

One suggestion: For an MMO I believe the player-to-player trading system should be enabled. Why? Because many of the MMORPG games I played Such as Runescape, Maplestory etc. had trading systems between player to player. 

This might also be the solution to your bounty hunter system. By allowing trading between players and offering bounty hunters good rewards that maybe other players need, they can trade it and profit. This might encourage bounty hunters to pk and might make everything more exciting :)

Posted

PLEASE please please do not allow the cash shop items to be sold in the Marketplace.  Would entirely ruin the game and many people (including me would stop playing)

Posted

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House.

I know I will get attacked for this but this is actually a poor decision.  As this is not a subscription based game, there will be very little money flowing into the game to pay for content development as the cash shop will be barely used.  Instead that money will go to Chinese gold farming sites as the kind of people who normally buy cash shop items and sell them on the auction house (and fund new content for all those who can't afford) are heavy on money, yet short on free time to constantly gold farm and grind.  

It it seems that those opposed are usually the opposite, heavy on time but short on money. But guys playing the game for hours and hours don't keep the servers on and keep a big staff of developers churning out fresh content.  Money does plain and simple.  It seems like the cash shop is just lame costumes anyway, who cares if they can be sold on the auction house?  Not exactly game breaking.

i can see a lot of Chinese gold farming sites excited about this news, as they will be the only winners in this.  Players with little money will see less content, as developers with less cash won't be able to keep the same amount of staff. Just my 2c.