• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Improving the concepts of Energy, AFK and Offline

Yes!   7 votes

1. 1. Yes?

• Yes.
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Your skill/investment into the game shouldn't be measured by your electric bill - by how long you can leave your Desktop/Laptop on (performing afk activities).

So below are a few suggestions that take away some unfair advantages and stop making players feel awful whenever they logout.

1 - Make "official" AFK activities such as Auto-Fishing available Offline - logged out of the game.

This would only be allowed on 1 character at a time - by logging out while fishing.

Offline fishing would be cancelled if you change characters, go to the character selection screen or log into a different character.

1.1 - While "offline fishing", the character remains online and is interactable with / attackable.

1.2 - What activities would be allowed is debatable, and heavily influenced by what kind of orders are easy for the server to store and handle without client interaction.

There would probably have to be a limit on the number of "points" you can have on an "offline" auto-path loop.

2 - Make Energy Regeneration less passive and more active.

2.1 - Online Regen becomes the same as the Offline Regen - 1 Energy / 30 Minutes.

2.2 - Add a "Rested Bonus" to Energy

Time spent Logged Out, Sleeping in a Bed or Logged Out in a Bed accumulates up to 2 different buffs to your Energy Regen equal to (1 + Bed Bonus).

Logout buff = Rested = +1.

Normal Bed buff = Good Sleep = +1

Cash Shop Bed Buff = Comfortable Sleep = +2

These buffs do nothing while logged out/sleeping, but instead are applied once you are logged in and out of the bed, and lasts for half the amount of time spent stacking the buff. (16 hours sleeping = 8 hours buff).

2.2.1 - This works even for alts.

2.2.2 - The buff would probably have a cap. 8 hours, perhaps?

This makes it so that auto-fishing and auto-pathing aren't the only thing worth doing while offline.

2.3 - Certain activities multiply your total Energy Regeneration.

Killing enemies near your level, gathering or alchemy/cooking/processing would multiply your total energy regen by 10.

2.3.1 - The duration of this buff would be small, like 2 minutes, but stack with every kill, gather or craft. So if you kill 50 enemies near your level, your energy regens 10x faster for 100 minutes.

2.3.1 - Easily afk/macroable activities such as Fishing, Gathering Water, auto-pathing would not trigger this buff, for obvious reasons.

NOTE: The suggested changes to Energy make you LESS compelled to stay online all the time, and help you get back to the game.

3 - Crafting Time & Energy Cost should scale with Crafting Tier.

This is a more touchy subject, because it might have deeper implications in the economy of the game than I realize, but the truth is that there are a lot of people swimming in mineral.

Processing "Iron Ore -> Melted Iron Shards" or cooking "Vinegar" should be faster and require less Energy than processing "Iron Ingots -> Pure Iron Crystal" or cooking a "Serendia Special".

Since we already have a chance to spend 0 Energy while cooking/alchemy/processing, apparently based on our skill, I think it would be a good idea to make it also more frequent at lower tier crafting.

3.1 - Less focus on Random Energy procs

Ideally, instead of a chance-based free crafting, I'd prefer to have Energy, Energy Regeneration and Energy Costs multiplied by 10, so that crafting can get a visible "discount" based on Tier and Skill.

This means cooking a Serendia Special would cost a full 10 Energy (instead of 1) while cooking Vinegar would hypotetically cost 6 Energy (instead of 1 with 40% chance to cost 0).

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

lol no i dont want them to reduce the energy regain when your online even more, this is stupid since we consume so much energy for everything in the game.

Amity, chatting in region chat, crafting, gathering, processing, gaining knowledge it all costs energy now if you reduce it while being online you only limit the gameplay.

Posted

yes i afk fish from time to time, but make afk fishing an offline thing....wth oO Only because you dont want to be online over night and pay electicity bills just to have a nice income ingame? then just DONT afk fish at night. my computer is always offline at night and i have good income so you dont have to afk fish at night!

Making online reggen harder AND so you have to do extra things just to get more energy just NO. There is sooooooooo much to do ingame if i then have to "work" for my energy to get work done, no thanks.

And making cooking, alchemy, etc cost more energy then atm?`are you doing alchemy, cooking, gathering etc? you need so much materials and stuff to process etc if i would pay more energy AND dont get as much as i am atm noone ever will do this things because its just not worth the time working for energy that dont even last for one special meal!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't think this person actually realizes what it takes to even cook something like Serendia, calpheon or blalenos specials in bulk to sell to even make a decent profit margin. The amount of energy burned just to process all the materals and to gather half the materials eats into my 7 alts already with over 700 energy between them all and that's not even to make the final product. Dip into the life skills and actually see what it takes before assuming what should be changed for them. Between farming, gathering, processing, and cooking just a few of the dishes in a day I burn through all my energy..... and like I said it's over 700..... to make one dish @_@.

Not to mention you have to be professional or higher to even make them.

Edited by Mabs

Posted (edited)

I don't think this person actually realizes what it takes to even cook something like Serendia, calpheon or blalenos specials in bulk to sell to even make a decent profit margin. The amount of energy burned just to process all the materals and to gather half the materials eats into my 7 alts already with over 700 energy between them all and that's not even to make the final product. Dip into the life skills and actually see what it takes before assuming what should be changed for them. Between farming, gathering, processing, and cooking just a few of the dishes in a day I burn through all my energy..... and like I said it's over 700..... to make one dish @_@.

Not to mention you have to be professional or higher to even make them.

I'm Artisan Cook.

I process and cook everything myself - Flour, Dough, Bread, Ham Sandwich all the way to the Serendia Special.

I continue my answer after the quote below:

yes i afk fish from time to time, but make afk fishing an offline thing....wth oO Only because you dont want to be online over night and pay electicity bills just to have a nice income ingame? then just DONT afk fish at night. my computer is always offline at night and i have good income so you dont have to afk fish at night!

Making online reggen harder AND so you have to do extra things just to get more energy just NO. There is sooooooooo much to do ingame if i then have to "work" for my energy to get work done, no thanks.

And making cooking, alchemy, etc cost more energy then atm?`are you doing alchemy, cooking, gathering etc? you need so much materials and stuff to process etc if i would pay more energy AND dont get as much as i am atm noone ever will do this things because its just not worth the time working for energy that dont even last for one special meal

Perhaps I could present my idea more clearly, but my suggestion does NOT nerf Alt character Energy Regeneration, does NOT nerf normal Energy regeneration, it merely makes it unnecessary to stay online 24/7, so those that do don't get an unfair advantage in terms of Energy Regeneration.

My suggestion makes it so that by logging out, you accumulate something similar to WoW's "rested bonus", but for Energy, and when you log back in, you have faster-than-normal Energy regeneration to "catch up".

It even prevents Energy waste! Because it regenerates slower while offline/afk.

Furthermore, you multiply your Energy regen by doing things that usually require a player to be active - not afk.

So whatever you currently do when you're at your PC doesn't really change. Your energy regeneration actually increases while you are playing.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

the things you are all suggesting are things that need me to DO something to get better online reggen. So overall i have to play more to actually can do shit (and yes its more because sometimes i love to do things afk like horse training, fishing etc while cooking in RL or doing homework or other stuff. I on my own love this game BECAUSE of the possibility to get home from work, power on the PC and game and go get myself some meal while my char is training horses or get some silver with afk fishing. Then i can come back and craft, cook, kill mobs and dont have to worry about energy or autorouting my wagon wont bring me energy damnit then i cant do that -.-

IF you want that all ppl have the same fair chance with the energy, then it would be better to get offline and online energy reggen the same! sure maybe it will be lower then the actual online reggen, i wouldnt mind that (lets say 20 energy per h would be ok, but online aswell as offline reggen! ) THEN it would be rly fair to all!

Posted

The thing I agree with here is offline energy regeneration should not be nerfed so hard. I've never played a game that encouraged staying online 24/7/365 like this one does, with the energy nerf being a huge portion of that encouragement. In my (very brief) time in WoW, I liked how they encouraged taking a break from time to time by having XP buffs after a break, the duration of which was based on how long one was offline.

From a sysadmin perspective, why not give the servers a break and make offline energy regen occur at the same rate, or an even higher rate? Fewer players constantly online means less load on the machines (and reduced electric bills for us, I suppose.)

Posted (edited)

the things you are all suggesting are things that need me to DO something to get better online reggen. So overall i have to play more to actually can do shit (and yes its more because sometimes i love to do things afk like horse training, fishing etc while cooking in RL or doing homework or other stuff. I on my own love this game BECAUSE of the possibility to get home from work, power on the PC and game and go get myself some meal while my char is training horses or get some silver with afk fishing. Then i can come back and craft, cook, kill mobs and dont have to worry about energy or autorouting my wagon wont bring me energy damnit then i cant do that -.-

IF you want that all ppl have the same fair chance with the energy, then it would be better to get offline and online energy reggen the same! sure maybe it will be lower then the actual online reggen, i wouldnt mind that (lets say 20 energy per h would be ok, but online aswell as offline reggen! ) THEN it would be rly fair to all!

You don't have to play more with my suggestions.

You simply don't get punished for logging off, because you get a "Rested" bonus for the time you spent offline, and you regenerate MUCH faster while actually playing.

Example:

You logout in your normal bed and log back in 6 hours later. You have a +2 Energy Regen buff for 3 hours when you log back in.

If you kill 90 mobs, you'll regenerate energy 10 times faster for 180 minutes = 3 every 3 minutes for 3 hours.

So how does this make you have to do MORE stuff or spend more time online?

It doesn't.

Edited by Nurvus

Posted

i think you dont understand what i meant or how i like to play.

Sure killing mobs for dailys or so would benefit there BUT not so much as i would just afk level my horse a bit after coming home and dont want to play instant....i mean everyone has a reallife and want to eat, has duties or a man/wife/friends.

I am with you to make the "over night afking" not so tempting like it is atm. but actually it wouldnt benefit the "i want to make dinner, well lets do some afk fishing or horse leveling" casual types, that want to play and be afk an hour or so without having less energy recovered in this time or if they come back an hour later they actually maybe want to craft and "oh no...i now have to kill some mobs to get more energy the next hour to maybe be able to craft what i want and fuhhhhh my energy buff is gone because i was afk fishing after login...damnit!"+

thats what i mean the casuals that dont afk over night but dont want to play just for fun then HAVE TO DO things just to have fun. atm Blackdesert is for me an "i can everything but i dont have to do anything" ^^

Posted (edited)

i think you dont understand what i meant or how i like to play.

Sure killing mobs for dailys or so would benefit there BUT not so much as i would just afk level my horse a bit after coming home and dont want to play instant....i mean everyone has a reallife and want to eat, has duties or a man/wife/friends.

I am with you to make the "over night afking" not so tempting like it is atm. but actually it wouldnt benefit the "i want to make dinner, well lets do some afk fishing or horse leveling" casual types, that want to play and be afk an hour or so without having less energy recovered in this time or if they come back an hour later they actually maybe want to craft and "oh no...i now have to kill some mobs to get more energy the next hour to maybe be able to craft what i want and fuhhhhh my energy buff is gone because i was afk fishing after login...damnit!"+

thats what i mean the casuals that dont afk over night but dont want to play just for fun then HAVE TO DO things just to have fun. atm Blackdesert is for me an "i can everything but i dont have to do anything" ^^

All the buffs I'm talking about would "pause" while logged off. Almost all buffs in this game work like that.

So if you kill mobs, etc, then go offline, when you get back and "level your horse", all the buffs are there.

I'm not trying to punish anything.

I'm trying to:

1 - Make Energy regeneration a little more connected to active play and less to passive/afk/offline play.

2 - Make all the time you spend offline not feel like a complete waste

3 - Reduce the Energy Regen advantage of people that stay online 24/7 have over people that log off every now and then.

Edited by Nurvus

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0