• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Whats questing/griding like at 50 with average gear?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it tough, kiting alot, or can you stand in and take hits on high reds with average gear?

Posted

Is it tough, kiting alot, or can you stand in and take hits on high reds with average gear?

Posted (edited)

As a fresh 50 with about +7 gear,  I could solo many things. But some others I couldn't, like cyclops.

Still, there were more choices of places to farm at fresh 50 than while leveling up.

Edited by kalarro

Posted

As a fresh 50 with 65/80 I was doing manes (safe pulls with no giant manes) easily to 51. being undergeared was fun and taught me more about the class than shield CS shield lol. In short it's very doable to grind with fresh 50 gear as a valk.

Posted

You don't need to kite, i am doing fine with 55 AP, is so freaking easy.

Just need Q+S then Q+E then Q+S all dead or nearly. I don't use anything else. Wearing fortuna 3 + talis boots, all +0 and basically never dying. Easy mode, i don't imagine what would i do with double AP.

Try to avoid the mages/ranged packs, or kill them ASAP. If you think that you can farm as geared people... is impossible, but you can find spots to farm easily without risks even against strong enemies.

Posted

Hmmm, against tougher mobs here's a secret combo that works for me.

CS->SL+SoJ(animation cancel, dont get SL higher than lvl 1 or 2 or else it wont work,speeds up SoJ 3rd hit by a lot)->DP+Punishment-ulti(animation cancel, also leaves enemy in bound state)

If they still have HP, use your heal and SoJ or GS+CS(animation cancel combo)

Posted

grinding with valkyrie is by far the most enjoyable grind of all classes imo. no matter the gear.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Quick question but I see you're holding E during your shield throw. What does that do exactly?

Edited by Paranoid

Posted

Solo grinding as a valk is cake, dont need to have the best gear. SoJ and Shield Throw are the only two damage skills you really need. Heals and DP buff for sustain. Know when to use guard mode if you are getting low. You should be good.

Posted

Hmmm, against tougher mobs here's a secret combo that works for me.

CS->SL+SoJ(animation cancel, dont get SL higher than lvl 1 or 2 or else it wont work,speeds up SoJ 3rd hit by a lot)->DP+Punishment-ulti(animation cancel, also leaves enemy in bound state)

If they still have HP, use your heal and SoJ or GS+CS(animation cancel combo)

Why would you use SL straight after CS? You're just wasting SoJ Ulti...

Also get your facts right, SL works fine even when maxed out (however, I wouldn't waste your points on it as there are better skills to invest in).

What do you consider as average gear?

If you play a valk with a friend (I was leveling my Valk with a Warrior friend), you will see a very big difference in grinding abilities, most mobs get 1 shot with Shield Throw.

What you are doing here is just clowning around (no offence). 

Don't use Shield throw like you do, if you dropped CS>SoJ>SL>SoJ you would kill those mobes twice as efficient as you are here.

Posted

Don't use Shield throw like you do, if you dropped CS>SoJ>SL>SoJ you would kill those mobes twice as efficient as you are here.

Phew, I was looking at the video and could not figure out what he was doing. CS>SoJ>SL>SoJ  Is also more or less my pattern and rocks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Phew, I was looking at the video and could not figure out what he was doing. CS>SoJ>SL>SoJ  Is also more or less my pattern and rocks.

It's the most optimal combo available as SoJ is our highest hitting ability (the last hit) and with the ulti you can just cancel out the 2 first hits.

As to shield throw, I use it mostly on very large groups of mobs (like largest spot on sausans) as with a party of 5 its more efficient rather than using SoJ. On smaller groups I sometimes use it because I have burn from the skill (low but still some additional dmg) and the most important part, shield throw knocks back and spins the enemies so you get more dmg combined with knockdown from Celestial Spear. Or you can use Severing Light to spin the mobs too.

Posted

I still have the worst time in Abandoned Monestary. If the wizards don't get me the sturdy shadow knight does. No matter how I try and pull them or group them I just get poked to death from the ranged. Guess i'm doing something wrong.

Posted

I still have the worst time in Abandoned Monestary. If the wizards don't get me the sturdy shadow knight does. No matter how I try and pull them or group them I just get poked to death from the ranged. Guess i'm doing something wrong.

What gear and stats do you have?

Posted

Why would you use SL straight after CS? You're just wasting SoJ Ulti...

Also get your facts right, SL works fine even when maxed out (however, I wouldn't waste your points on it as there are better skills to invest in).

What do you consider as average gear?

If you play a valk with a friend (I was leveling my Valk with a Warrior friend), you will see a very big difference in grinding abilities, most mobs get 1 shot with Shield Throw.

I'd also have to use potions. I can clear this area with ST with barely any potion use.

Posted

Utilize shield if your gear is not that great. Practice your block timings and regenerating the shield's durability. Its a great way to learn how to play Valkyrie as well as your enemy/mob animations and attacks.

Posted

When I had only +7 all around, only the shadow knights/Abandoned Monastery gave me trouble, and the skeletons at Hexe only took too long to kill. I could even handle Cyclops (not ogres, though) but took a while to kill. Just need to be careful and not pull too much in Catfish, really. 

If you really need to do shadow knights at Abandoned Monastery for the token quests, I stayed near the long staircase around the east side of the underground area. All the mobs there are melee and don't have to deal with ranged until the bottom of the stairs. And spam that Shield Throw + RMB against these as you won't be able to facetank them with low gear.

I recommend grinding Manshas if you want to just grind, or Catfish if you feel comfortable. And max that DP self buff, well worth it.

Oh, don't bother blocking unless it's for emergency surviving or quick SP regen - wastes grind time. If you can't facetank them doing SOL's, spam Shield Throw instead.