• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

..seems "okay" likely to be exploited for karma pots though

Edited by Khazard
Got it wrong.
9 people like this

Posted

Sounds like it could be fun, I'm not entirely sure that Karma is the most enticing payment system though.

3 people like this

Posted

I would care more about it if I was payed in standard money, like actual bounty hunters.

28 people like this

Posted (edited)

..nvm

Edited by Khazard
Got it wrong.

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

We would like to have your input on the proposed Bounty Hunter system from PM Diary 2.2
This idea is an approach to cope with our current PK system and give a proper environment for players interested in PK. 
Below I will give a brief overview of the system.

Bounty Hunter System

1. Player A goes to a Bounty Hunter NPC
    • Some of these NPCs need to be in Towns without guards.
    • Setting a Bounty has a fixed silver price.
    • Costs to set bounty will in-/decrease based on Karma amount of target player; the lower the Karma, the cheaper the bounty initiation and vice versa
    • The Target needs to be at PvP Level.
    • Various checks will be in place to prevent abuse.
      • Examples
        • Can't place bounty with same family
        • Limitation to max bounties per target / time
        • Limitation on max bounties a player can set / time

2. Once the Bounty is in place, other players will be able to attack the Target outside of Safe Zones.
    • You have to flag to attack the Target, but you do not lose Karma.
    • Player A cannot claim the Bounty.
    • Player A will lose Karma normally for attacking the Target.
    • Bounties expire after X days if they are not completed.
    • The Target does not lose Karma for killing their attacker.

3. When the Target is killed the Bounty is removed.
    • Who ever lands the killing blow can loot a Bounty Hunter Seal.
    • Bounty Hunter Seals can be exchanged for Karma, title or other possible benefits.
    • Bounty Hunter Seals are character bound.

Keep in mind this is just the overview, we will put checks and balances in place to ensure this system cannot be abused or exploited.  That being said, we would like to have your suggestions and feedback.  Please keep the discussion constructive, and if you see other threads about this topic let me know and I will merge them.

PM_Belsazar: Additional note from my end; so far developers are generally interested in adding new features such as a bounty hunter system. This discussion is merely setup to give a direction and to gather some constructive ideas that we can filter and include in our proposal to developers. If something will be developed in this direction, it will most likely not happen before launch, as it will require time and thorough testing before deploying it to any service. So please be patient. And as always, we will keep you updated about any progress we make. Thank you ^_^

Why not just revert to the OLD flagging system BDO used. Eh? It works. Everyone wants it. It's the same that the old Lineage2 had. Everyone likes it!

Why do you need to think of something new if something OLD worked and almost everyone likes it?

I don't get it! 

The change of the flagging system and suggestions (mostly saying that it needs to go back to how it was in the past or to be made like lineage2) have been posted everywhere. Why did you chose to ignore this one?

Are you that afraid to do something right only because other big mmorpg title did it? Really? Now we're not doing good things becaue someone else did it?

Edited by Chun-Chun
46 people like this

Posted (edited)

Please keep in mind we will have mechanics in place to prevent using the system to grief other players, as stated in the OP.

Edited by CM_Jouska
20 people like this

Posted (edited)

the only place a player losing karma for killing another player while the other player could kill them without losing karma should be when someone attacks you in the open world and you manage to kill them (self defense) or if that person is red ofcourse

Edited by Khazard
1 person likes this

Posted

So sick.  So hype.  So...much...awesome!

1 person likes this

Posted

I really like the idea of a bounty system.  Gives me an idea for a squad in a guild  >:)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Nvm

Edited by Khazard
Got it wrong.

Posted

I really enjoy the bounty system. Still allows players to OW-PVP for non-game related reasons with a way to work off karma as a hired hitman for PVE'rs!

Posted (edited)

What I suggest is a PK Rank:

-Everyone starts at PK Rank 1, once they reach level 50.

-After few pk kills the pk rank goes up to level 2.

-PKers can kill ppl only in a specific PK Rank range--->For example: PK rank 5 can kill people from PK Rank 1 to PK Rank 5, BUT PK Rank 10 can only kill people from PK rank 2 to PK Rank 10.

-This means that after many PKs, lets say 50, you cannot attack anymore people that have PK Rank 1 (people that never killed anyone)-->However if a Rank 1 attack you (if you are Rank 10, for example) you can Fight back and kill him. In this case it will not count as PK Kill towards your rank increase.

In this case you have to tweak the numbers, but you protect Rank 1 people, while allowing pkers to kill other people more inclined to open world pvp, that already killed others, since they have their PK Rank greater than 1.

You may also develop a system in which the PK Rank can decrease (for example helping other people that set a bounty on someone).

Edited by Alhaziel
21 people like this

Posted

tbh defending yourself should be 0 karma loss anyway and those ranks would stop the game really being a sandbox pvp wise, people should be able to attack you if they wish to but you should be able to defend yourself without the game acting like your the outlaw.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

I read what Belsazar wrote and it doesn't make any sense, i can't really find out what is the purpose of it. What is he trying to accomplish? More PvP? Less PK? 

About the bounty hunter idea: Imagine i'm grinding in a spot and someone comes and start ksing me. Logically i'll pk him. So now he goes on a set a bounty on my head and suddenly i'm unable to defend myself without losing karma when the attackers are not losing any? It's not fair. And that's just a daily basis problem. There are other much worse like for some reason be perma kos (kill on sight) and bounty hunted by whole guilds. What is left to do, buy a new account?

Now you say there will be mechanics to avoid griefing, i can't wait to see them.

EDIT: I derped, you do not lose karma for defending yourself when you are hunted.

Edited by Shion
3 people like this

Posted

This idea can be abused in soooo many ways.

Why do you have to overcomplicate something so simple? 

Is it that hard to leave it as it is, but only make it so when you atack someone and he fights back, no one gets karma no matter who wins? That hard? It's a owpvp game. And you go over your head to restrict owpvp. This is just wow... really?

24 people like this

Posted

The idea behind it in short, is displayed in the following scenario:

1. PK1 kills PvE1
  2. PvE1 is pissed and sets bounty on PK1
  3. PK2 kills PvE2
  4. PK2 needs to refill his Karma
  5. PK2 kills PK1 to get Karma back
  6. ...Hunting season is opened!...

I don't think you can set a bounty on anyone head only by a player who has killed you.

I have faith in this team and very interested to see what they will do.

4 people like this

Posted

Just add the flagging system...

6 people like this

Posted

I read what Belsazar wrote and it doesn't make any sense, i can't really find out what is the purpose of it. What is he trying to accomplish? More PvP? Less PK? 

About the bounty hunter idea: Imagine i'm grinding in a spot and someone comes and start ksing me. Logically i'll pk him. So now he goes on a set a bounty on my head and suddenly i'm unable to defend myself without losing karma when the attackers are not losing any? It's not fair. And that's just a daily basis problem. There are other much worse like for some reason be perma kos (kill on sight) and bounty hunted by whole guilds. What is left to do, buy a new account?

Now you say there will be mechanics to avoid griefing, i can't wait to see them.

The Target does not lose Karma for killing their attacker.

This means that if you have a Bounty on you and you defend yourself from an attacking player, killing the person who attacked you does not result in Karma loss.

25 people like this

Posted

This means that if you have a Bounty on you and you defend yourself from an attacking player, killing the person who attacked you does not result in Karma loss.

Ah that's much better, thanks for clarifying :)

Posted

Thanks. Tricky system i failed to read and uderstand, sorry! It sounds good then!

Posted (edited)

This is an addition of a feature that does not fix the core problem of what people had been discussing for months: the flagging system.

Edit: Rather than adding a feature, fix the mechanic that the feature is trying to fix. Its more efficient and requires less labour hours to revert back to what @Chun-Chun said.

Edited by Fumiyu
4 people like this

Posted

Id like to suggest a similar system as ArcheAge - A pirate faction of sorts. There would be a penalty for being a outlaw/Pk faction being unable to participate in castle sieges and/or own land other than a designated island/town/city. This would give those players who want to fully enjoy the freedom of open-world pvp, but with a significant penalty for their play.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It seems overcomplicated to me.

Also, two different PK Players could kill each other to accumulate bounty seals increasing their karma a lot. I know you say there is a cooldown on Bounties you can apply, but then what happen if a player gets killed in a short time frame from different people? He can only set 1 Bounty!! I would also add a cooldown on each killed player that prevent that player to be PKed again within that timeframe! So basically every time you can be killed by a PK you can also set a Bounty!

At the same time 2 PKers will not be able to abuse the system, because they cannot kill each other to accomulate Bounty seals.

Edited by Alhaziel
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Id like to suggest a similar system as ArcheAge - A pirate faction of sorts. There would be a penalty for being a outlaw/Pk faction being unable to participate in castle sieges and/or own land other than a designated island/town/city. This would give those players who want to fully enjoy the freedom of open-world pvp, but with a significant penalty for their play.

Pretty sure this exists already when you turn into a criminal(red).  They get their own bandit town later on in a future update.

Edited by JerryBoyle