• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

YES! The bounty hunter is the perfect ingredient! There wasn't a proper way for PvEers to retaliate against PKers, now there is! All that's left is to make it rewarding for all 3 parties so that everyone will be happy willing participants. And I just so happen to have some ideas for just that purpose! So listen up!

FEEDBACK

1: PvEer

Being PK'd is never fun for the PvEer. They're out minding there own biz and BOOM your dead. So now you can head back and talk to a Bounty Agency in town(Or other places.) You tell the guy, "Hey I wanna place a bounty!" So a list pops up with the names of all the people who have PK'd you in the past 3-7days. There should be a flat rate on placing a bounty, because if a PKer with high amounts of negative karma kills you you might not be able to afford getting revenge otherwise. Once placed bounty is good for 7days with a money back guarantee(Either you Bounty is completed in the time frame or the Agency will send you your money back.) Ok, so the PvEer has died and spent money, so where is the reward at... besides possible revenge?

Reward: If the Pker is killed and bounty collected. The PvEer will be notified via in game mail from the Agency of job completion and you'll be able to collect your reward of 25-50Miles to spend in the Mileage store and a revitalizing Energy Potion! Because who wont be pumped full of energy after hearing VENGEANCE IS YOURS!!

2: Bounty Hunter/Assassin

For the Bounty Hunter(Positive Karma)/Assassin(Negative Karma) it needs to be worthwhile for both kinds of hunter. Hunters should be able to check with the Bounty Hunter Agencies/Assassin Guild to read about active Bounties and POSSIBLY even include the targets last known region location. The more Negative Karma a target has the higher the Cash Bounty Reward should be on his/her head. This will entice more hunters to fill a region where high priority targets are.

Reward: In game cash reward! The higher the Bounty the higher the payout.

Bounty Hunter specific reward: Titles and Trophies for your home/horse. Top 10-20 Bounty Hunters names added to a recognition billboard outside the Bounty Hunter Agencies.

Assassin specific reward: A token that you can claim to increase Positive Karma OR Negative Karma.

3: PKer

The PKer is fine, they already have the satisfaction of being a MURDERER!!! lol, I kid. But honestly, with all this added heat coming at the PKers it's going to make things a lot more interesting for them. And with all this added heat, it also needs to be more rewarding.

Reward: We need a Shady lookin' Villain Shop(that will only appear on the map to players with Negative karma) in safe zones with special items just for players with Negative Karma. Higher tier items will unlock in the shop based on having higher and higher amounts of Negative Karma, but the items will still cost money to purchase. Villain Shop can start low with Villainous Titles, Home Decor, Enchantments and work its way up to Villainous Costumes/Weaponry and Creepy Pets like buzzards and Sarah Jessica Parker... you get the idea.

So anyway, with these new rewards added everyone will be more inclined to take part in all 3 playstyles for the unique rewards. Also, because you can only place bounties on players that have recently killed you it allows for a whole lot less harassment from whole Guilds retaliating and what not, besides a PvEer asking there Bounty Hunter Guild mates to all go hunt down the person. But even then, only one Bounty Hunter can claim the reward for the killing blow on a PKer.

So, I hope this helps out. I'm really stoked for the inclusion of this system in general. :D

Edit: Ooooh, I almost forget. It would be great to have a MOST WANTED board too so everyone can see who the players with the highest Negative Karma are. For that Villainous Recognition ya know. lol

Edit: Had another idea to add. To hinder PKer's from being able to purchase all the good stuff out of the Villain Shop to quickly. How about, when they're killed while having a Bounty on them their Karma remains stuck where it's at for 24hrs. So it would be more wise to hit and run. Not staying in an area for to long. Would make it less wise to sit on a PvEer and farm them for Negative Karma. As they might hit chat to notify Bounty Hunters of your location.

Edited by Cooltastic
10 people like this

Posted (edited)

YES! The bounty hunter is the perfect ingredient! There wasn't a proper way for PvEers to retaliate against PKers, now there is! All that's left is to make it rewarding for all 3 parties so that everyone will be happy willing participants. And I just so happen to have some ideas for just that purpose! So listen up!

FEEDBACK

Being PK'd is never fun for the PvEer. They're out minding there own biz and BOOM your dead. So now you can head back and talk to a Bounty Agency in town(Or other places.) You tell the guy, "Hey I wanna place a bounty!" So a list pops up with the names of all the people who have PK'd you in the past 3-7days. There should be a flat rate on placing a bounty, because if a PKer with high amounts of negative karma kills you you might not be able to afford getting revenge otherwise. Once placed bounty is good for 7days with a money back guarantee(Either you Bounty is completed in the time frame or the Agency will send you your money back.) Ok, so the PvEer has died and spent money, so where is the reward at... besides possible revenge?

Reward: If the Pker is killed and bounty collected. The PvEer will be notified via in game mail from the Agency of job completion and you'll be able to collect your reward of 25-50Miles to spend in the Mileage store and a revitalizing Energy Potion! Because who wont be pumped full of energy after hearing VENGEANCE IS YOURS!!

For the Bounty Hunter(Positive Karma)/Assassin(Negative Karma) it needs to be worthwhile for both kinds of hunter. Hunters should be able to check with the Bounty Hunter Agencies/Assassin Guild to read about active Bounties and POSSIBLY even include the targets last known region location. The more Negative Karma a target has the higher the Cash Bounty Reward should be on his/her head. This will entice more hunters to fill a region where high priority targets are.

Bounty Hunter specific reward: Titles and Trophies for your home/horse. Top 10-20 Bounty Hunters names added to a recognition billboard outside the Bounty Hunter Agencies.

Assassin specific reward: A token that you can claim to increase Positive Karma OR Negative Karma.

The PKer is fine, they already have the satisfaction of being a MURDERER!!! lol, I kid. But honestly, with all this added heat coming at the PKers it's going to make things a lot more interesting for them. And with all this added heat, it also needs to be more rewarding.

Reward: We need a Shady lookin' Villain Shop(that will only appear on the map to players with Negative karma) in safe zones with special items just for players with Negative Karma. Higher tier items will unlock in the shop based on having higher and higher amounts of Negative Karma, but the items will still cost money to purchase. Villain Shop can start low with Villainous Titles, Home Decor, Enchantments and work its way up to Villainous Costumes/Weaponry and Creepy Pets like buzzards and Sarah Jessica Parker... you get the idea.

So anyway, with these new rewards added everyone will be more inclined to take part in all 3 playstyles for the unique rewards. Also, because you can only place bounties on players that have recently killed you it allows for a whole lot less harassment from whole Guilds retaliating and what not, besides a PvEer asking there Bounty Hunter Guild mates to all go hunt down the person. But even then, only one Bounty Hunter can claim the reward for the killing blow on a PKer.

So, I hope this helps out. I'm really stoked for the inclusion of this system in general. :D

bounty place play my other high lvl 50 toon till bounty is canceled Pve waste money for initiating bounty GG well played good sir =)

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted

I will post here what I posted on reddit a couple of months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3qmiwn/would_this_be_a_workable_pk_system/

In case you don't want to click on the link, below is what it includes.  Yea, some of this needs updated, but I think some of the ideas could be thrown around and fine tuned.  Just use Karma instead of Silver, or whatever you want to use.  Everything can be adjusted.  Numbers and values are just a base to get the idea rolling.

Ok well I've been in a system like this:
1.) if both players are the same lvl or I prefer within 4 lvls of each other, there should be no penalty. It was a fair fight, you don't know the extenuating circumstances that may have been involved neither one should be penalized.
2.) if the pker is attacking someone who is 5 or more lvls lower then they are penalties. Personally I don't like stat debuffs, or skill penalties. The system I preferred was the pk point, the more points you earned the more likely guards will kill you on sight, makes it hard to afk in major cities and towns, or generally do business there. Some guards would be patrolling the low lvl zones and you would risk getting killed there and resing into heavily guarded areas. Forced pkers to stay on the "fringes," outposts, high lvl zones, and/or pk with purpose.
3.) Bounty system: if a pker was killed by a bounty hunter they would lose more "infamy", if by a normal player they would lose a set amount of points.
4.) Judicial system: only pkers killed by bounty hunters would be sent to jail, these targets would only be sent to jail if they had close to maximum pk points. To get out they either had to pay a fine or do the time.

This would still work with the karma system the more kills you make the lower your karma and I also find the prospect of assassins being interesting also, taking advantage of low karma.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well if you re going to get bounty player 3 to kill 2 and then go back and kill one ,what is the point of this lol..... U just piss't 1 off again......

Posted

Holy shit, this is literally FFXIV forums 2.0: inverse

Every single time a dev changes the tiniest thing even if its a half decent idea people become incapable of rational speaking and just go "muh elitists!" except here its "muh carebears"
Welp I'll be avoiding this section till the game is actually out, yall need to take a chill pill.

Ok, I thought it was at least entertaining the first time you made this comment. Please GTFO if all you're going to do is make these posts; you're no better.

Posted

Bounty Hunter System

1. Player A goes to a Bounty Hunter NPC
    • Some of these NPCs need to be in Towns without guards.
    • Setting a Bounty has a fixed silver price.
    • Costs to set bounty will in-/decrease based on Karma amount of target player; the lower the Karma, the cheaper the bounty initiation and vice versa
    • The Target needs to be at PvP Level.
    • Various checks will be in place to prevent abuse.
      • Examples
        • Can't place bounty with same family
        • Limitation to max bounties per target / time
        • Limitation on max bounties a player can set / time

2. Once the Bounty is in place, other players will be able to attack the Target outside of Safe Zones.
    • You have to flag to attack the Target, but you do not lose Karma.
    • Player A cannot claim the Bounty.
    • Player A will lose Karma normally for attacking the Target.
    • Bounties expire after X days if they are not completed.
    • The Target does not lose Karma for killing their attacker.

3. When the Target is killed the Bounty is removed.
    • Who ever lands the killing blow can loot a Bounty Hunter Seal.
    • Bounty Hunter Seals can be exchanged for Karma, title or other possible benefits.
    • Bounty Hunter Seals are character bound.

Clarification

• As a player with an Active Bounty on your head, you do not lose karma for self defense.
  • All participants of the Bounty System must be of the designated PvP Level (this is being increased from CBT-1)
  • Bounties are placed on Family Names, you will not be able to use multiple characters to exploit the system

We know that PK1 kills PvE1. PvE1 is mad and puts a bounty on PK1.

PvE1 cannot get the bounty, but can defend themselves without issues/loss of karma.

PK1 is targeted by people who are looking to get BH Tokens. These tokens are exchanged for in-game rewards/silver/karma etc.

I like that system but i think some tweaking is needed... I'd say don't put a time limit on bounties. I've seen some games where a person has a bounty that is super large, and gets targeted by groups of players. It adds to the excitement and thrill of the kill. I'd say having a max bounty limit is also something that should be removed. If a party is required to take out one person, the group should get a divided amount of tokens split between them. People can round up friends and hunt together. It gives people reasons to hunt if the reward is large enough. If you also have a bounty hunter board posted in towns, with current top 10 murderers with the amount of bounty listed next to the name this will create a "free" reward system to the PK community - as it's now a competition to see who remains at the top? And the general public is rewarded by hunting down the wrong doers in the aspect of BH tokens for in-game items. I think that system would be amazing... :D

This is all just food for thought, I'm by no means an expert. I just want to play this game... I've waited so long and cannot WAIT till CBT2.

1 person likes this

Posted

So after having a large argument with the people in my community, we came to an agreement on a few points I'll put here.

1. What was wrong with the old flagging system?

Well if there is no real limitation to what level you can kill, or it's a massive gap (i.e. 50+ killing a 35) there are griefing issues. One solution to that is to make PvP 50+ only, and below that only in arenas.

If you can continuously kill someone and every time they are losing exp, make repeat kills or dying x times in y time less of a penalty.

2. The proposed Bounty System is a decent idea as a standalone or an addition to PvP, but it's not a fix for how open world PvP works right now.

It'd be neat if you could put a bounty on a players head for someone who is annoying you or you can't deal with yourself and have other people go kill that person for you. Honestly it is and I could see it working in a system with better balanced PvP. It doesn't fix what is going on with open world PvP right now though. All it's doing right now is (from what i've seen) upsetting people who love PvP, and not quite satisfying people who want to only PvE.

3. It seems to not be clear to people that this game is designed around PvP as the endgame.

The point of grinding PvE mobs in this game is to get better gear, and improve that gear to make you stronger in PvP in the end game. Node wars and guild wars are both ways to force PvP in a large setting.

Limited mob farming spots is another way that forces you to fight people if you want to have a better farming spot.

The majority of the food and potions give you buffs for PvP. Fishing gives you gold or is used in food to give you buffs. Farming gives you items to put into making buffs. While all these systems are fun to do in and of themselves, their goal is to bolster your power in PvP.

End game 'bosses' are mostly to give drops to a large group of people to increase their PvP prowess.

This game is designed with PvP as the focus, everything points to PvP in the end.

2 people like this

Posted

FEEDBACK

Edit: Ooooh, I almost forget. It would be great to have a MOST WANTED board too so everyone can see who the players with the highest Negative Karma are. For that Villainous Recognition ya know. lol

PVE mode on
- NO REWARD FOR THE PKER.THEY SHOULD DROP ALL THEIR INVENTORY AND GET ROLLED BACK TO LEVEL 1.

Posted

Where do I get a refund?

Posted

Not sure how I currently feel about the bounty system. But if BDO is trying to avoid using old flagging systems like L2, could we at least input some sort of "challenge to duel" function?

I like PvP okay, and I like PvE okay. GvG or factions make sense because your at WAR. But what if I want to challenge someone but don't want to PK? If everyone agrees shouldn't no one take any bad karma? (And with the new system not be allowed to place a bounty because they agreed to it beforehand? )

[Sorry if I'm missing something very obvious that's already in the game, like a self flag/duel button or something. @.@ most of the pvp posts get heated really fast and it can be hard to find accurate information ]

That's why BDO have arenas outside the cities (not every city).

Posted (edited)

bounty place play my other high lvl 50 toon till bounty is canceled GG

• Bounties are placed on Family Names, you will not be able to use multiple characters to exploit the system

Unless you have another account...9_9

New system abusable with multiple accounts though.

Account 1: PK weaker targets → get bounty placed on self

Account 2: PK anyone you want then kill Account 1 → get +karma/token/reward → profit.

Account 1 will permanently be negative karma but it doesn't matter because it's not your main account, while your main account gets free karma/rewards for toxic play.

Edited by Tsurugi

Posted

So after having a large argument with the people in my community, we came to an agreement on a few points I'll put here.

1. What was wrong with the old flagging system?

Well if there is no real limitation to what level you can kill, or it's a massive gap (i.e. 50+ killing a 35) there are griefing issues. One solution to that is to make PvP 50+ only, and below that only in arenas.

If you can continuously kill someone and every time they are losing exp, make repeat kills or dying x times in y time less of a penalty.

2. The proposed Bounty System is a decent idea as a standalone or an addition to PvP, but it's not a fix for how open world PvP works right now.

It'd be neat if you could put a bounty on a players head for someone who is annoying you or you can't deal with yourself and have other people go kill that person for you. Honestly it is and I could see it working in a system with better balanced PvP. It doesn't fix what is going on with open world PvP right now though. All it's doing right now is (from what i've seen) upsetting people who love PvP, and not quite satisfying people who want to only PvE.

3. It seems to not be clear to people that this game is designed around PvP as the endgame.

The point of grinding PvE mobs in this game is to get better gear, and improve that gear to make you stronger in PvP in the end game. Node wars and guild wars are both ways to force PvP in a large setting.

Limited mob farming spots is another way that forces you to fight people if you want to have a better farming spot.

The majority of the food and potions give you buffs for PvP. Fishing gives you gold or is used in food to give you buffs. Farming gives you items to put into making buffs. While all these systems are fun to do in and of themselves, their goal is to bolster your power in PvP.

End game 'bosses' are mostly to give drops to a large group of people to increase their PvP prowess.

This game is designed with PvP as the focus, everything points to PvP in the end.

Why are people still under the false impression that this game is for PVP players mainly? Read the PM diary again. They are making a game for many types of players! They included text for all game styles to show they are concerned with a holistic and inclusive game.

Posted

I like the bounty hunting system! I think it connects PvP to PvE (you can even expand on said system and have them be requests taken on by guilds, bringing back the concept of defender guilds)

It doesn't solve the principle flagging issue that BDO currently has as both you guys noted in the PM Diary as did everyone else, but since you guys are trying to figure out a solution, I will reserve judgement till I see what your solution is.

Eventually with Valencia update, you guys can probably make this a pseudo faction event, spurring the two sides to compete with each other over things. Maybe a defend the VIP event where good karma individuals have to defense a target from bad target individuals, turning it into a pseudo faction war in a way.

Overall, interesting concept, I hope it develops more and is well received by the public when they've cooled down a  bit.

Posted

Why are people still under the false impression that this game is for PVP players mainly? Read the PM diary again. They are making a game for many types of players! They included text for all game styles to show they are concerned with a holistic and inclusive game.

Because there is no pve content have you played this game? 

No raids 

No dungeons

No robust questing to keep interested it is all go here and kill.  

The world bosses currently in you can expect no one able to do for awhile,  and not the greatest encounters to keep you playing.

So what peewee besides grind can you call end game that is not pvp

Posted

Reduce karma penalty. Make it so if person fights back, no karma loss on either side.

Done. Bounty system should be an ADDITION to an already sensible OWPvP/PK system, not the basis of it. That is idiocy.

1 person likes this

Posted

bounty place play my other high lvl 50 toon till bounty is canceled Pve waste money for initiating bounty GG well played good sir =)

I believe CM Jouska said Bounty's would be placed on Family Names. So you couldn't really hide that way. I also pointed out that you PvE players would get there money back if a Bounty Failed to be completed in the given time. So no waste there.

Now, only problem would be how to figure out how much of a reward would be given to the hunters if they killed a PKer playing on a different Char with more positive karma then what's on there PK Char. Maybe just have it go by the amount of Karma that was on the Char that killed you when you see it listed in the Bounty Agency, but just use Family names. I think that would work.

Posted

Stop trying to make this game wow go play wow for your pve

Posted

It's a PvP endgame game. There are lots for PvE people to do, nobody is arguing that. But everything goes towards PvP in the end. Can you even name 1 thing that doesn't?

Posted

FEEDBACK

can also add statistics maybe? for example PK'er x got 24 murders before he died while he was wanted, that way PK'ers can be competitive

1 person likes this

Posted

Because it's not false. If you didn't have cuddly carebear vision you'd see that all mechanics in the game support PVP, PVP, and more PVP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Reduce karma penalty. Make it so if person fights back, no karma loss on either side.

Done. Bounty system should be an ADDITION to an already sensible OWPvP/PK system, not the basis of it. That is idiocy.

Pure, simple, to the point. I'm out of likes so you get this quote and a heart: <3

2 people like this

Posted

Because it's not false. If you didn't have cuddly carebear vision you'd see that all mechanics in the game support PVP, PVP, and more PVP.

No, I just like to try and put faith in the statements of the devs when they write their actual design intent. They're working on the shortcomings you've mentioned

Posted

No, I just like to try and put faith in the statements of the devs when they write their actual design intent. They're working on the shortcomings you've mentioned

Please respond to what I asked you, how any PvE system in the game right now doesn't end up pointing towards PvP endgame. Instead of just sucking up to devs and believing everything blindly

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Every mechanic they write about supports and fosters one form of PVP or another. Inference means that you can say PVP without actually spelling the acronym out and intelligent persons will glean that meaning from your words.

Edited by Crimsonend
2 people like this

Posted

PVE mode on- NO REWARD FOR THE PKER.THEY SHOULD DROP ALL THEIR INVENTORY AND GET ROLLED BACK TO LEVEL 1.

After seeing the movie that your icon is from I can completely understand your reasoning behind this statement. hehe :P