• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted

If that's the message you want to take away from that. Feel free. lmao

Games are driven by money. PvEers don't drive games to success, PvPers do. You said it yourself that PvEers don't contribute to the financial success of a game because there's no PvE tournament in the entire world. So, grats, for trying to cover your idiotic comments with an LMAO.

Posted

Games are driven by money. PvEers don't drive games to success, PvPers do. You said it yourself that PvEers don't contribute to the financial success of a game because there's no PvE tournament in the entire world. So, grats, for trying to cover your idiotic comments with an LMAO.

Strangely enough it seems the biggest money making mmo in history was paid for by pve'ers. The nly foolish comments here are coming from you

Posted

Strangely enough it seems the biggest money making mmo in history was paid for by pve'ers. The nly foolish comments here are coming from you

Keep telling yourself lies. http://mmos.com/editorials/most-profitable-mmos-mmorpgs

What do the top 10 highest-grossing MMOs of all time consist of? Oh, that's right, PvP.

Posted

Keep telling yourself lies. http://mmos.com/editorials/most-profitable-mmos-mmorpgs

What do the top 10 highest-grossing MMOs of all time consist of? Oh, that's right, PvP.

There are only 2 mmorpg's on that list. WoW isn't a pvp title, it has pvp to be sure, but if you think that's where their money comes from... Lineage 2 has had most of it's income generated outside NA/EU. Facts speak for themselves.

Posted

There are only 2 mmorpg's on that list. WoW isn't a pvp title, it has pvp to be sure, but if you think that's where their money comes from... Lineage 2 has had most of it's income generated outside NA/EU. Facts speak for themselves.

You're so blind, I'm surprised you can even use a computer. 

Posted

You're so blind, I'm surprised you can even use a computer. 

Braille /ˈbrl/ is a tactile writing system used by people who are blind and low vision. It is traditionally written with embossed paper. Braille-users can read computer screens and other electronic supports thanks to refreshable braille displays. They can write braille with the original slate and stylus or type it on a braille writer, such as a portable braille note-taker, or on a computer that prints with a braille embosser.

Posted

Braille /ˈbrl/ is a tactile writing system used by people who are blind and low vision. It is traditionally written with embossed paper. Braille-users can read computer screens and other electronic supports thanks to refreshable braille displays. They can write braille with the original slate and stylus or type it on a braille writer, such as a portable braille note-taker, or on a computer that prints with a braille embosser.

Braille also helps you play video games then? Must be a new feature only offered in BDO. Oh wait...

Posted

Braille also helps you play video games then? Must be a new feature only offered in BDO. Oh wait...

I know, confusing isn't it? How a blind guy is better at BDO than you.

Posted

I know, confusing isn't it? How a blind guy is better at BDO than you.

Yawn. You bore me with your epic PvE comebacks. 

Posted

I get where you are coming from, because I see from your post count that you are a little new...but you have to remember, a lot of us have been giving chances...it's getting real, REAL old.  There was a time when I looked just as silly as you...I came in saying they will do x and y...in the end...they do what they want...and basically they have told us that.  

I may be new to these forums, but this isn't my first pre-release MMO rodeo. Aye, they'll do whats in the best interest of their business model. What would we expect otherwise? I don't understand why people believe that negativity and complaining is going to be productive in anyway. Not that i'm accusing you of complaining, that was just a general statement. 

Point is they said they were going to work on a new PvP system and it will get here eventually. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah just look at Lineage 2 and Eve Online eh ? still going after a decade.

If you think BDO survives without its pvp guilds and players you are delisional.

Well they will change the cashshop to make up for the losses and drain every littlebit of cash they can just like Archeage does.

This game doesnt have pve to sustain fun on the long run.

This is a niche hardcore korean grinder wich is already having a difficulty in the western market, so without proper pvp it will crash and burn anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This system they are trying to pitch to us is just a pinch and is not written in stone just yet just a idea but seriously, 
IF DAUM just take little parts of what made pvp great on other games it be a whole different style game play taken the simple things like  you flag i flag pvp from L2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKhbtog_pI keep in mind it is a old game graphic is not up to date but the system was great/ take Jail system from archeage sure it has it flaws but change it to better it, for those that say BDO trying to be a separate game and unique i mean come on they are adding a jail system but in valencia why not add more, and add on to that add in there bounty hunter system it would be fun pvp, seriously  karama system should only implemented for PKers not people who flag each other to contest a area or their epeen , i dont see why both players gain karma flagging each other.

DAUM TEAM,CM_Jouska, and PM_Belsazar Combine all 3 pvp system L2 PVP system will a Jail system add in a bounty system you 

my explanation down below is simple straightforward and seriously not complicated 
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/7666-pvp-karma-maybe-solved-just-add-jail-system/

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted

This system they are trying to pitch to us is just a pinch and is not written in stone just yet just a idea but seriously, 
IF DAUM just take little parts of what made pvp great on other games it be a whole different style game play taken the simple things like  you flag i flag pvp from L2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKhbtog_pI keep in mind it is a old game graphic is not up to date but the system was great/ take Jail system from archeage sure it has it flaws but change it to better it, for those that say BDO trying to be a separate game and unique i mean come on they are adding a jail system but in valencia why not add more, and add on to that add in there bounty hunter system it would be fun pvp, seriously  karama system should only implemented for PKers not people who flag each other to contest a area or their epeen , i dont see why both players gain karma flagging each other.

DAUM TEAM,CM_Jouska, and PM_Belsazar Combine all 3 pvp system L2 PVP system will a Jail system add in a bounty system you 

my explanation down below is simple straightforward and seriously not complicated 
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/7666-pvp-karma-maybe-solved-just-add-jail-system/

agreed.  as someone who played lineage 2 for many years and still plays AA i think both systems are very acceptable.  you can't make a sandbox game too casual.

Posted

i'd suggest setting a bounty to cost karma that would also help limiting it and reduce its possibilty to get abused with multi accounts. 

right now i could buy 3 accounts for that system. and 2 computers.

account 1 main account PKs alot

account 2 secondary account -1kk karma my bounty target account.

account 3 fishing account on 2nd pc to get the money afk for the bounty

if i want to get rid of my karma on account 1 i will set a bounty on account 2 with account 3 and kill it with account 1. 

now if it costs karma i would need to grind with 3rd account to do the same sure it would be a safe grind but it would require me to play that account actively so i cant keep pking while doing so.

actually there is an even easier way to make money, lets say you have 2 accounts.

account 1 with bounty on it because you PK a lot. then you simply move that account to a hidden spot and kill it with your account 2...etc.

and then you keep doing this process and making money.

couldn't that be possible too ?

Posted

why all this trouble to try to bring the pvp back to life, like a zombie. Just give players a choice to be a pvp or pve player in the same server. the one ones who chooses pvp can attack and can be attacked by other pvp players, and pve players will not have anything to do with open world pvp and they will participate in gvsg, arenas etc.. what is the big deal?

Posted

I think that it's an interesting idea that would make the game certainly more interesting.  I also think that adding the option for players to bounty each other with silver would make the game interesting; specifically I'd like to see people being able to bounty each other with silver outside of being killed.  Collecting that bounty would still result in the same way as if you had killed a totally innocent person in game (and the associated loss of karma) but making you able to collect the bounty.  Just an idea.

Posted

YaY Another Game Down The Toilet, Because We Rather Cater To The PvEr (like every mmo) and not the PvPer who will continue to play your game. Inb4 no pvp at launch dead open world just like in KR. 

Posted

This is an addition of a feature that does not fix the core problem of what people had been discussing for months: the flagging system.

Edit: Rather than adding a feature, fix the mechanic that the feature is trying to fix. Its more efficient and requires less labour hours to revert back to what @Chun-Chun said.

They are trying to fix "griefing" of players who dont care about pvp while still keeping the game interesting for all play styles. If you just "keep things the way they are" you will see a decline in the game population and this will be just another game that was amazing but lost its base from creation date. Its much better to think outside the box, make things more complex, to solve an age long issue that has hindered other sand box pvp of the past. If pvp players are able to grief people too much those people who dont care about pvp will just leave the game for good. Isn't balance better?

Posted (edited)

why all this trouble to try to bring the pvp back to life, like a zombie. Just give players a choice to be a pvp or pve player in the same server. the one ones who chooses pvp can attack and can be attacked by other pvp players, and pve players will not have anything to do with open world pvp and they will participate in gvsg, arenas etc.. what is the big deal?

This is what I suggested back on page 141 and I'm sure others others have too even before you and me. The system I posted there comes from one of the original MMO's(AC), worked very well and was simple. I don't get why they are tying to salvage the current karma system other than pride or to cater to griefers as it punishes both PvE and PvP players. 

Edited by Fez

Posted

They are trying to fix "griefing" of players who dont care about pvp while still keeping the game interesting for all play styles. If you just "keep things the way they are" you will see a decline in the game population and this will be just another game that was amazing but lost its base from creation date. Its much better to think outside the box, make things more complex, to solve an age long issue that has hindered other sand box pvp of the past. If pvp players are able to grief people too much those people who dont care about pvp will just leave the game for good. Isn't balance better?

The time of my post was when jouska's post was still in version 1 of the image. Don't really know what to tell you.

Posted (edited)

I like the bounty hunter idea because I would like to get paid for killing murderous folk. Gold has real value in games which is why people try and farm it and sell it as a business which ruins gameplay. I propose adding in a feature and a relief to fix the problems of gold abuse and those poor players who are out there not caring for pvp and just trying to grind away at their monsters happily without having to worry about getting killed 7 times in a row in 45 min tracking their feature beast in X forest. If under the current bounty system there was a feature that could provide gold awards that were account bound in a separate section of inventory that would keep the gold rewards from being abused. As for the poor guy being "griefed" give each player a choice when they die to take themselves out of pvp completely for X amount of time. This "buff" would neither allow them to be attacked or attack another player for the time allotted. These changes to the existing bounty system would make killing pk's worth it for bounty hunters and minimize the grief of the players who want nothing to do with it so they can get the quest they are seeking done with limited interruption. Then at a later time that player could join the pvp fight again if they so desire, or just be killed again and gladly click their happy button to continue farming. There would also be a problem with a buffed character following around a pk character shouting out his location and not being able to be attacked. I also propose that the buff the player has should be able to be refreshed in safe zones or refreshed to its final cap when the player is attacking pve. Just rough thoughts, I hope they help towards a true fix for the "griefed" player

The time of my post was when jouska's post was still in version 1 of the image. Don't really know what to tell you.

---------------

That makes sense, it was awhile ago.

Edited by BeOwningU
Buffed characters following around pk's

Posted

Just ditch this shit and make PvP servers/channels and be done with it please.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just ditch this shit and make PvP servers/channels and be done with it please.

^

Why not just go for PvP / PvE servers/channels?

1 person likes this

Posted

This idea can be abused in soooo many ways.

Why do you have to overcomplicate something so simple? 

Is it that hard to leave it as it is, but only make it so when you atack someone and he fights back, no one gets karma no matter who wins? That hard? It's a owpvp game. And you go over your head to restrict owpvp. This is just wow... really?

then in most of the cases no one will fight back, and there will be places where only players who is definetelye ready for pvp hang around, and eventually open world pvp will happen on in a specific place,I don't understand the deal with karma, they can just give option to all players to choose pvp or pve, pvp players can attack and can be attack to everyone, including npc and guards and villagers whatever that moves or that can be breakable, pve players can participate in organized pvp like gvsg, arena etc.. only, and they are safe in open world. what is the big deal with karma?

Posted (edited)

then in most of the cases no one will fight back, and there will be places where only players who is definetelye ready for pvp hang around, and eventually open world pvp will happen on in a specific place,I don't understand the deal with karma, they can just give option to all players to choose pvp or pve, pvp players can attack and can be attack to everyone, including npc and guards and villagers whatever that moves or that can be breakable, pve players can participate in organized pvp like gvsg, arena etc.. only, and they are safe in open world. what is the big deal with karma?

open world pvp, please google it. This will NEVER get removed from the game.

Also, please do look at the date in which my post that you quoted was made.

Edited by Chun-Chun