• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted

Some of my guild members would really love to abuse such a system. They would set bounties on each others heads and wait for fools to come.

- Good for them, because they don´t lose karma anymore.
- Perhaps good for other players as well, because they wouldn´t have to grind other people´s mobs until they toggle. But I guess they wouldn´t stop this approach to karma-free PvP.
- Good for our more PvE oriented guildies, because our rampage crew wouldn´t need so many guild wars anymore.

Posted

ThreadNecro.thumb.gif.c7830da5bd59f1a97b

Posted

I like this very much, good to finally see this in a game!!

Posted

Idk why you're focusing on giving the players a new mechanic instead of fixing the issues with the ones that are already in game. I mean, dont get me wrong, the bounty stuff seems really cool and I really wanna try this out but are you guys even thinking about the huge problems that are karma bombers with the current karma system?

I mean the main spots are supposed to be defended, and not just by outruning people and screwing rotations till they get bored to death and leave.

I got pretty shocked yesterday, I was peacefully farming the main spot sausan, with a 140ap ninja lvl 57, and that war lvl 60 comes and start doin the rotation. I'm like okay w/e as long as he doesnt disturb me I dont mind. And then he arrives near me and flag on me. I ----- him up and then he came and started running into my packs before they even fully repop and screwed my rotation. So I flagged myself and killed him. This shit lasted for like 15  mins, I was negative 200k karma and ended up leaving cuz I was bored and didnt want some actual skilled guy to pop in my ass and make me lose anything important.

This is a pretty serious issue, I mean this been running around for a while now. Like some oder players said, the old system was good, you die you lose %xp. That system was keeping the griefers away. So okay I get it you wanna help the newer players and kind of stop the dominance of the players that are way ahead I can understand that. But penalizing people that can actually defend a spot even if they are low on levels nor gear, that's bullshit guys.

So you could mix the old system with the incoming bounty system, that would make things better for everyone. People will lose xp if they grief so that will keep the griefers away and weak people can actually place a bounty on players that are harrassing them. Everybody wins. PK is the way for solo players to have fun in open world, remember that.

This is a PvP game, but PvP is clearly not hardcore enough. You cant call this game PvE, except grinding there's no PvE at all, everybody knows that a PvE game w/o the holy trinity is going to fail.

I'm probably gonna keep playing w/e you guys do, because there's no other game that can compete with BDO at the moment, the game is just too gorgeous and the combat mechanics are just too good. But that doesnt mean you have to throw it all away :(.

Posted

@PM_Jouska

SWG had a bounty system with great success 13 years ago using ingame currency, and I honestly think it would have a bigger impact and be more utilized in a positive way if that is indeed the case.

IE: Player A gets killed by player B.

Before respawning, player A gets option to place a bounty on player B, out of the money he has on him, or in that same region storage.

Bounty is accumulative, so if player B kills multiple people, each one of these can place a bounty on him, that will gradually increase as more people place bounties on the person.

Anyone can pick up this bounty from a bounty merchant, and the person who lands the killing blow, gets the bounty paid out to his mail.

This bounty stacks with the karma system, so if player B goes on a rampage and gets himself to negative karma, as well as those he killed put multiple bounties on him. He will be a very hunted player.

If he kills several people, then goes grinding to fix his karma, and repeats, his bounty can potentially become extremely high, giving people a very high incentive to go for a hunt.

Infact, this also promotes getting highest possible bounty titles, as a thought.

Posted

I think Open World PvP currently would do well with the new Respawn timer feature implemented in Sieges/nodewars. There needs to be an artificial deterrent for dying, that way it benefits both sides. Theres currently no reason to be good at PvP in the open world, you can just tear over and over again to be an annoyance and try to circumvent fighting altogether. Players who are die in PvP need to feel that loss, just as they would in PvE. Giving a timer universally to death is a nice way to balance it because anyone can die. Whether it be that one weak player dying to a really geared guy or that one geared guy dying to 3 lesser geared players. If not a timer players who die should just be sent to the nearest largest city, negative karma players nearest neutral town.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Open World PvP currently would do well with the new Respawn timer feature implemented in Sieges/nodewars. There needs to be an artificial deterrent for dying, that way it benefits both sides. Theres currently no reason to be good at PvP in the open world, you can just tear over and over again to be an annoyance and try to circumvent fighting altogether. Players who are die in PvP need to feel that loss, just as they would in PvE. Giving a timer universally to death is a nice way to balance it because anyone can die. Whether it be that one weak player dying to a really geared guy or that one geared guy dying to 3 lesser geared players. If not a timer players who die should just be sent to the nearest largest city, negative karma players nearest neutral town.

That was my though from the moment it was implement in siege/node wars. This will give a reward feeling over the winner or the defended player/ers and i also believe it will drive people away from node spawn camping and keep them in fighting field. There could be many options to that as of timer spawn for flagged or defended players etc. For everything else War feature works as it should.

Posted

When can we have this AWESOME Bounty Hunting feature in game?

Posted

I'm sick of pkers.  I understand the inportance of pvp but pking is just so stupid. how about a penalty system that reduces the pkers ap/dp if they attack non flagged players? how about the non flagged players that get killed not lose any xp? why the hell should people that just want to play the game have to constantly worry about pkers. and now we see pk guilds deliberately being formed to grief. Stop penalising the people not flagged and increase the penalties for pkers. 

Posted

I have recently returned to the game after a 4 month break. Back in the time this thread was continiously a hot topic and a lot of work has been put in to this thread. Sad to see this is still not implented nor are there any improvements on the thread since then. Is this being worked on or what?

Posted (edited)

I have recently returned to the game after a 4 month break. Back in the time this thread was continiously a hot topic and a lot of work has been put in to this thread. Sad to see this is still not implented nor are there any improvements on the thread since then. Is this being worked on or what?

Sadly, we do not know. There never has been an official word on this again.
So we know as much as you: nothing.

Let's hope this gets implemented in the future.

BW
~DS~

Edited by Daemmersucher

Posted

1459815131.72965590.jpg

Posted

implement this idea+player vs player trade+fix ninja same as in korean version, then leave the game alone, go for vacation don't come back like a year just please

Posted

LET'S DO THIS...

GO GO GO!!!

Posted (edited)

Keep the current flagging system, while implementing this bounty hunting feature. Also, I want silver as possible award, like the amount of money that it took to place the bounty, with a cut for tax to serve as a gold sink. 10% with Value Pack 20% cut without.

Edited by Xeon

Posted

Keep the current flagging system, while implementing this bounty hunting feature. Also, I want silver as possible award, like the amount of money that it took to place the bounty, with a cut for tax to serve as a gold sink. 10% with Value Pack 20% cut without.

good i have a second account to kill myself in that case to earn my own bounty xD

marauders still owe me 20 knight combat rations for reporting my own position and channel when they asked in serverchat but with that system, i can even earn silver :D

Posted

Is this going to be implemented soon? This sounds so much FUN!

Posted

Is this going to be implemented soon? This sounds so much FUN!

Most likely NOT. A lot of us voted for it during the launch of BDO but nothing ever changed

Posted

#hope

Posted (edited)

Should have been implemented with Valenica part 2 and when it wasn't, obviously not being considered  Is that not the case?

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

1459815131.72965590.jpg

Posted (edited)

We really need this, the pvp system right now is really really bad :(

1459815131.72965590.jpg

Edited by Idhalar
1 person likes this

Posted

Pls Kakao talk with Chan. We really need this

Posted (edited)

Hello,

sorry that i post into this old thread but i have a question to this

• If both players are flagged for PvP they can fight each other with no penalties.

I did this with a friend of mine, both were flagged for PvP but we got minus karma.

Did they change the PvP system, so you get minus karma even if both are flagged for PvP ?

Would be nice if someone may explain it to me :)

Thanks 

Edited by Waldspecht

Posted

Is the karma & flaggin v2 still live and without changes?