• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted

Is the karma & flaggin v2 still live and without changes?

This has never been implemented and Kakao basicly stopped interacting with its players to improve the game. I miss the Q&A's we used to get on launch

2 people like this

Posted

Sounds boring to me - no real reason or incentive.

I want a REASON to hunt other players!

MONEY is the best incentive there is.

Posted

Hello,

sorry that i post into this old thread but i have a question to this

I did this with a friend of mine, both were flagged for PvP but we got minus karma.

Did they change the PvP system, so you get minus karma even if both are flagged for PvP ?

Would be nice if someone may explain it to me :)

Thanks 

The karma system discussed in this thread was never implemented. It would have been great for the game, too. Was really well thought out and covers most situations that people complain about. 

Posted

Karma loss just needs to be exponentially decreased, the more you kill one person over and over. Too much to lose and nothing to gain from defending your spots from griefers. The new war declaration changes made no other way around it too.

Posted (edited)

This has never been implemented and Kakao basicly stopped interacting with its players to improve the game. I miss the Q&A's we used to get on launch

The karma system discussed in this thread was never implemented. It would have been great for the game, too. Was really well thought out and covers most situations that people complain about. 

Welcome to bait and switch, where the "original team" of moderators and GMs people talked to about wanting changes slowly gets swapped out for new guys that have no idea what we're talking about.

Edited by Izakku

Posted

Welcome to bait and switch, where the "original team" of moderators and GMs people talked to about wanting changes slowly gets swapped out for new guys that have no idea what we're talking about.

Except most of the original guys are still right there.

Posted

I feel like you should go further and just make this a general job that highly geared players can take on. I'm sure you can take measures to prevent abuse, but the reward for killing players should be silver payed by the person who called the hit or exchange 100 seals for an Ogre Ring or something. I want more methods of legitimately earning silver through pvp in this game for smaller guilds.

Posted

any news  since 1 year ?

Posted (edited)

@PM_Jouska With the new expansion, class, and other info we received about the future of the game, is there anymore talks about a bounty system or karma rework being added into the game ?

Edited by daanny

Posted

there was absolutely no mention of a karma system rework or anything like that in the announcement, nor a grinding spot rework other that 1 more sausans area and another kamislav area no one will really go grind at because its just not worth it over pirates/sausans.

Grinding efficiently is a thing of the past in this game. OWPvP is dead and done.

Posted

i'm just worried worried that i'll be trying to farm a spot then i get ganked by 5 players who want my head :( 

also what about the gear difference, if a guy with max pvp gear gets a bounty and the victim barely have grunil what is he going to do..

Posted

Karma system rework

Things that need to be removed for negative karma players:
-remove gem loss in PvP
-remove gear downgrade in PvE

The negative things when you go minus Karma:
- Unable to enter Citys (Guard attack) besides Muiquun
- Can get attacked by every player (Mostly unable to make Worldbosses)

The postive things when you go minus Karma:
- Can attack every player in the world 50+ (Could also be adjusted that to higher level)
- Valuable to be an Outlaw (Alot of random PvP ) and that could bring up a whole new Community/Guilds with the focus on that.

I think this would be better for every player.
It wouldnt change much on spots for the casual players since others can just make a war to fight them off (Besides he would hide in a not able to war guild).
Players would now be able to deal with griefers and not have this much of a disadvantage besides the negative things i mentioned above when you go minus karma.
The only thing that maybe would piss off alot of People is the fact that they can not hold their spot if somebody stronger comes and kills them. (but for that you still could get your friends or guild mates that can help you out since the other is attackable for everyone)

If this above is to "Hardcore" for our BDO Horse Breeders i have one more thing that would make it not this Painful:
Everything above
+Add one jail in the old region or in every region where the negative player gets send to uppon death.
+The Jail time will be calculated from the amount of minus karma the player have.

I would say that this would make the game way more fun and alot of random pvp encounters.

1 person likes this

Posted

make it where you can be a red player anywhere and not loose enchantments xp and crystals while red let people choose to be the badguy and people can roleplay as such

right now its just too risky to even go red and be a bandit

killing bandits can be fun and being a bandit can be fun too