• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted

I say this the best way possible, there is not enough PVE content in this game to satisfy PVE players for long term, if you do not reduce and control the karma system then the PvP community will not stay with this game long term either and you are left with little left. 

1 person likes this

Posted

if u get silver, especially if u get silver thats worth to hunt down a player for ..then there will be too many bounty hunters like 200-300 per target and it would get ridicolous.

if u only get karma then yes mainly ppl in need of karma will hunt. 

Well it is not like you can get 1 milion lol. It's just a matter of tweaking the values lol

Doesn't make sense a Bounty Hunter system in which only PKers can partecipate lol.

Posted

It is very important that they add also other type of reward.

If I want to be a bounty hunter, but not a pk, additional karma is not useful. I want silver instead!

People should fully read the PM diary:
"
Aside from Karma other options are being considered as reward such as titles, achievements or a ranking system."
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/&page=1

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I like this system
- the player who gets killed can put a bounty on the head of the player that killed him
- if the PKer killed 5 or 6 persons then he can have up to 5-6 person looking to kill him
- YOU HAVE TO BE KILLED to put a bounty ON THE PLAYER THAT KILLED YOU
- the player with the bounty CAN DEFEND ITSELF WITH NO KARMA LOSS
- this is going the right way
- this system leaves the pveers who don't want to pvp alone and safe, I like it.

as for the karma reward ,I couln'd care less , I WILL BE TAKING UP BOUNTY REQUEST JUST FOR THE FUN OF KILLING PKER.
even if i stand at ++ karma positive.

Edited by Sizer
8 people like this

Posted

I say this the best way possible, there is not enough PVE content in this game to satisfy PVE players for long term, if you do not reduce and control the karma system then the PvP community will not stay with this game long term either and you are left with little left. 

Its typically the other way around. Games like AA have been going strong on PVP and griefing for over 3 years. its the PVE'ers that have left. The problem with PVE is, if there isnt constant content it gets boring. In a game like this, that will happen sooner than later. Or, the PVE will have PVP elements which will in turn have PVE'ers leaving.

Posted

I like the idea of a Bounty System

as long as the system

- works the opposite way aswell.
(PK1 kills PvE1, 
PvE1 sets Bounty on PK1
PK2 sees Bounty, hunts PK1
PK1 notices Bounty on his head, sets Bounty on PvE1
PvE2 kills PvE1, Bounty for PK1 disappears)

Posted

People should fully read the PM diary:"Aside from Karma other options are being considered as reward such as titles, achievements or a ranking system."- http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/&page=1

Well it doesn't mention silvers. Also titles and achivements don't look so meaningful lol and "ranking system"? what's that? what is useful for? lol

Posted (edited)

Open world Pvp is part of a organic, emergent, sandbox experience. Putting in harsh penalties and too many artificial limiters will kill the sandbox experience.  I implore the Devs, please do everything you can to save the sandbox. Otherwise this game will be like all the other MMO titles released this past decade. 

-I recommend looking at Eve online for sandbox and pvp inspiration. I'm not suggesting a 1 to 1 model. But it has great sandbox and pvp elements for sure. Maybe have safe zones closer to main  cities, and outside those zones will be higher risk due to no pvp restrictions.

-look at archeage for inspiration with their trade pack system. Having to carry trade goods that can be taken by other players if going through open pvp zones. Your localized auction houses already support this concept and ideology.

-give players a choices, don't force us to only PVE through crazy harsh penalties and restrictions.

-Pvp players want meaningful pvp encounters. We want to fight for resources, territory, our faction, our guild. A lot of us don't want to grief. Give us a reason to pvp. 

-allow players to Govern themselves with interesting player driven game mechanics. The bounty Hunter idea is a good start.

Edited by Arthidon
16 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well it doesn't mention silvers. Also titles and achivements don't look so meaningful lol and "ranking system"? what's that? what is useful for? lol

You are not going to gain silver from a gold sink, that's asking for abuse.

The point is they are looking for other rewards besides just karma

Edited by JerryBoyle
2 people like this

Posted

I like the idea of a Bounty System

as long as the system

- works the opposite way aswell.
(PK1 kills PvE1, 
PvE1 sets Bounty on PK1
PK2 sees Bounty, hunts PK1
PK1 notices Bounty on his head, sets Bounty on PvE1
PvE2 kills PvE1, Bounty for PK1 disappears)

the PK1  couln'd put a bounty on PVE1 as PVE1 hasn't killed him.
so works fine.

Posted

Open world Pvp is part of a organic, emergent, sandbox experience. Putting in harsh penalties and too many artificial limiters will kill the sandbox experience.  I implore the Devs, please do everything you can to save the sandbox. Otherwise this game will be like all the other MMO titles released this past decade. 

-I recommend looking at Eve online for sandbox and pvp inspiration. I'm not suggesting a 1 to 1 model. But it has great sandbox and pvp elements for sure. Maybe have safe zones closer to main  cities, and outside those zones will be higher risk due to no pvp restrictions.

-look at archeage for inspiration with their trade pack system. Having to carry trade goods that can be taken by other players if going through open pvp zones. Your localized auction houses already support this concept and ideology.

-give players a choices, don't force us to only PVE through crazy harsh penalties and restrictions.

-Pvp players want meaningful pvp encounters. We want to fight for resources, territory, our faction  , our guild. A lot of us don't want to grief. Give us a reason to pvp. 

-allow players to government themselves with interesting player driven game mechanics. The bounty Hunter idea is a good start.

Bravo!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Overall I like the idea of the Bounty Hunter system and the way it's implemented. Even so I have a few suggestions and questions.

Q1: Will you be able to always check the list with bounties or you need to go to the Bounty Hunter NPC in order to see them. (Imo it should be NPC only)
Q2: Will there be any info on where the Target of a bounty is ? (I think the region in which the target is should be listed. Or make it so that you can pay for additional information - such as location)

S1: The bounty hunter system should be NPC driven as well. Something like - If you stay on negative karma X time you automatically get a bounty. This type of bounty may last until you get to positive karma not X days.
S2: To be able to recognize the people with a bounty they should have a tag or something on them. But this tag should only be visible if you have visited the Bounty Hunter NPC and scrolled through the bounty of the Target.

Edited by Shoudaix

Posted

the PK1  couln'd put a bounty on PVE1 as PVE1 hasn't killed him.so works fine.

Yes I know, - I merely thought that it would be nice to get rid of the source of the Bounty by setting up a bounty :D

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska
Have there been any discussions of how you are meant to find the bounty target when you pick up a bounty?
The world is huge in and of itself but with multiple channels it would be impossible to find another person.

When you pick up a bounty from an NPC will there be a function that tells you what channel they're in and inform you if they switch?
Perhaps also a general idea of which region the player is currently in without giving the exact coordinates?

Of course the target should also be informed that a bounty has been placed on him though. 

Edited by AngelofAwe
2 people like this

Posted

Well it is not like you can get 1 milion lol. It's just a matter of tweaking the values lol

Doesn't make sense a Bounty Hunter system in which only PKers can partecipate lol.

u can participate too tho u dont benefit from a karma reward..u also dont take the risks a red name has - so whats the point?

Posted

Here's the quote from newest PM Diary:

We brought up the old flagging system that many PKers requested. But it doesn’t really solve the issue as it brings up new issues. Such as the possibility to avoid the Karma penalty by attacking a player while he is engaged with monsters until he ultimately gets killed by the monsters (last hit). This way you could simply avoid getting the penalty for the kill, as the final strike would have been executed by the monster, not the player."

This argument has no sense since everyone who was playing BDO knows that monsters are not real challenge, they're literally brainles so you can just ran away from them in few seconds and continue PvP. Once you'll be attacked with monsters on your back, in other situation you will attack somebody with monsters behind him, that's how spontaneous PvP works. There will be situations when you will get killed sometimes but not so often, and sometimes you will "kill" in the same way somebody but it's still not argument to forget about this suggestion, seriously flagging system had thousands of views and hundreds of positive posts and now after 2 months of waiting you're offering totally different solution about hunting PKers in such a large world of BDO. Yeah, that's really practical.

7 people like this

Posted

u can participate too tho u dont benefit from a karma reward..u also dont take the risks a red name has - so whats the point?

Lol a meaningful reward is needed lol. Not only karma wtf. But I am pretty sure they will put something else as reward.

Posted

While I'm not a hardcore pvp-player, I don't mind the occasional pvp fights. Therefore, this bounty system reminds me of GTA5.

I actually prefer to pve until I understand a game well enough to engage in PVP and would strongly favor the flagging system which avoids

mindless ganking. But that's just me.

Posted

Not sure how I currently feel about the bounty system. But if BDO is trying to avoid using old flagging systems like L2, could we at least input some sort of "challenge to duel" function?

I like PvP okay, and I like PvE okay. GvG or factions make sense because your at WAR. But what if I want to challenge someone but don't want to PK? If everyone agrees shouldn't no one take any bad karma? (And with the new system not be allowed to place a bounty because they agreed to it beforehand? )

[Sorry if I'm missing something very obvious that's already in the game, like a self flag/duel button or something. @.@ most of the pvp posts get heated really fast and it can be hard to find accurate information ]

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's the quote from newest PM Diary:

This argument has no sense since everyone who was playing BDO knows that monsters are not real challenge, they're literally brainles so you can just ran away from them in few seconds and continue PvP. Once you'll be attacked with monsters on your back, in other situation you will attack somebody with monsters behind him, that's how spontaneous PvP works. There will be situations when you will get killed sometimes but not so often, and sometimes you will "kill" in the same way somebody but it's still not argument to forget about this suggestion, seriously flagging system had thousands of views and hundreds of positive posts and now after 2 months of waiting you're offering totally different solution about hunting PKers in such a large world of BDO. Yeah, that's really practical.

Especially if they go mega server. I'll get a bounty and then jump to a limited pop channel, or one that gets established as noob/pvers and do what I want.

Posted (edited)

I feel like this game has too much segregation ( PVP vs PVE) and penalizes both. I suggest finding a way to bring the two together. As mentioned by Arthidon - In ArcheAge PVE'ers need PVP'ers to help move packs and PVE'ers were crucial to the material growth for those packs. The game found a way for both to work together. I am not yet seeing that here and hope that changes. To keep this a true sand-box you should do away with all penalties and find ways for us to work together.

Edited by Major
3 people like this

Posted

The CBT KR Flag system is flawed, this is why they opted to create their own system.

The purpose of this thread was created for constructive feedback on this system and any ideas we as a community may have to improve on this or even provide your own version.

I don't know all the ins and outs this might have and can only see one side of the coin.

You can already attack someone until he's low HP and let mobs kill him with the current karma system...

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings,

We would like to have your input on the proposed Bounty Hunter system from PM Diary 2.2
This idea is an approach to cope with our current PK system and give a proper environment for players interested in PK. 
Below I will give a brief overview of the system.

Bounty Hunter System

1. Player A goes to a Bounty Hunter NPC
    • Some of these NPCs need to be in Towns without guards.
    • Setting a Bounty has a fixed silver price.
    • Costs to set bounty will in-/decrease based on Karma amount of target player; the lower the Karma, the cheaper the bounty initiation and vice versa
    • The Target needs to be at PvP Level.
    • Various checks will be in place to prevent abuse.
      • Examples
        • Can't place bounty with same family
        • Limitation to max bounties per target / time
        • Limitation on max bounties a player can set / time

enlighten me please,
would player A , to put a bounty on a player ,
HAVE to be killed by someone , or everyone can randomly put bounty tag on any player with negative karma ?
what would stop the target from player A bounty to put a bounty on player A head aswell.
if a pver gets killed then put a bounty on PK1 head, could PK1 then put a bountyt on the person he just killed ? because that doesn't sound right.

I think that making it so you can only put a bounty on someone who has killed you would be more fair, abusive PKer would get plenty on bounty on their head, while people who just killed 1 person let's say for grind spot could only get 1 bounty on their head.
in the end PKer will hunt PKer to regain karma and PvP will happens 

exemple : 5 player vs 5 players fights for a grind spot
the losing team go ahead and each put a bounty on each of the head of oposite group.
5 bounty hunters takes up task.
5 vs 5 happens again, this time the defenders don't get more karma for defending
the bounty hunters do get karma for the 1st hits.
who ever wins/rince/repeat . nice pvp system in my opinion.

this would leave the PVE players who don't want to pvp alone, and if they get killed they can always put a bounty on the head of the killer.

Posted

Lol a meaningful reward is needed lol. Not only karma wtf. But I am pretty sure they will put something else as reward.

a meaningful reward that is meaningful for everyone will cause too many ppl to chase bounty targets. pkers and bounty hunters have to be kept at balance. i know u just want to be a good bounty hunter all fine but do u want to fight with 200 ppl for the bounty ..well that would actually be cool thinking of it if the bounty hunters pk each other to claim the reward for them selves :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You can already attack someone until he's low HP and let mobs kill him with the current karma system...

The current system KR is using isn't ideal either, If I had to pick between that and CBT KR Flagging system I would choose the CBT KR system.

Edited by S-Class Hero