• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted

If gem loss on PvP death for a purple player were removed I'd have no complaints. I'm going to be purple to take advantage of unrestricted PvP between other purple or red players, I don't want to be punished for wanting to take part in that kind of PvP whenever a yellow or white kills me. 

2 people like this

Posted

Killing a white should have the greatest karma penalty, while killing a red player (unless purple/red yourself) should have the greatest karma gain. A system like that will balance itself out.

Posted

Greetings,

We would like to have your input on the proposed Bounty Hunter system from PM Diary 2.2
This idea is an approach to cope with our current PK system and give a proper environment for players interested in PK. 
Below I will give a brief overview of the system.

Bounty Hunter System

Hidden Content

Karma & Flagging v2.0

Hidden Content

I'm so impressed you guys are listening and working quickly with our feedback.

This new system looks great. I really hope to try it out during cbt2.

Posted (edited)

There was a chance of losing an item as a red player irc. Didn´t the one killing him get that item? Oo Did it just vanish?!

It vanished.... Specifically, this was called "Item Destruction."

Edited by NoGround

Posted

There was a chance of losing an item as a red player irc. Didn´t the one killing him get that item? Oo Did it just vanish?!

It broke, it didn't drop.

If droppable items were a thing, then trading would technically be a thing.

Posted

To all PvE-ers, who'd like to see all PKers to burn in hell: this system allows less PK against white players, so it supports YOU. The more PK will happen between yellows and purples, people don't want to go red with this system either. The system will balance itself within a few weeks (the amount of whites, yellows, purples and reds will set to a percentage). There is no reason for asking more penalties for PKers and PvPers.

Someone that gets it!

53068365.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

They have repeatedly said they want to discourage killing white players because they do not want a system that ganks PvErs. You are not going to get any perk with killing white players ever.

And I'm all for "discouraging" killing white players. Thing is, there will always be people killing white players regardless of the way the system works. I could just kill whites until I turn purple, kill mobs to lower Karma, and kill more white players. Say there are 500 players doing this...a lot of whites are still going to be PK'd so they won't really feel that safe. So I think they should just make it not as harsh for players to be red, so at least you know that person is going to kill you. Don't get me wrong, reds should be punished for killing whites...but finding the right punishment that is enough to discourage them from doing it often, but allowing them to do it if they wish to take on the consequences...that is the key.

Edited by MolagAmur

Posted

I've never seen so many people so afraid of a fight in a video game..ever.

1 person likes this

Posted

And I'm all for "discouraging" killing white players. Thing is, there will always be people killing white players regardless of the way the system works. I could just kill whites until I turn purple, kill mobs to lower Karma, and kill more white players. So I think they should just make it not as harsh for players to be red, so at least you know that person is going to kill you. Don't get me wrong, reds should be punished for killing whites...but finding the right punishment that is enough to discourage them from doing it often, but allowing them to do it if they wish to take of the consequences...that is the key.

That's what purple is for!

Nice name btw. You're not uh...gonna claim any morrowind names for your characters are you...? Asking for a friend.

Posted

Killing a white should have the greatest karma penalty, while killing a red player (unless purple/red yourself) should have the greatest karma gain. A system like that will balance itself out.

Great suggestion, grant Karma to a player that kills a purple/red player. Doesn't have to be a lot, but it would be great driver for PVP among those players.

Posted (edited)

Nothing is set in stone yet, so i´ll wait.

Gotta voice your opinions tho if you want to have a small chance to change things.

No seriously though just leave... if this " preordered this game to go PK-hunting to get items! And now? Nothing! No reason to OWPvP at all for me..." is your mentality then you should honestly just leave and find another game.. It's not even about the fact that you want to open up a loop hole for gold sellers or tons of other exploits that revolve around a game that has no Player to Player trade. It's about the "If I don't get what I want I'm leaving" type of blackmail and childish response is what I'm talking about.

And plus if you want rewards for PKing players, there's something called the bounty hunter system, you run around finding targets to kill and guess what?? you get ITEMS!!

Edited by DarkSpirit

Posted

If gem loss on PvP death for a purple player were removed I'd have no complaints. I'm going to be purple to take advantage of unrestricted PvP between other purple or red players, I don't want to be punished for wanting to take part in that kind of PvP whenever a yellow or white kills me. 

Wish I could like this, it makes perfect sense. This system encourages pvp between people who want it and makes it so the precious whites don't have to be bothered with us for the most part.

Posted

Yes getting karma for killing a red player is a nice idea.

Posted

Great suggestion, grant Karma to a player that kills a purple/red player. Doesn't have to be a lot, but it would be great driver for PVP among those players.

Purple is a bit much. The system states that there is still a Karma loss for assaulting a Purple, albeit small.

Posted (edited)

And I'm all for "discouraging" killing white players. Thing is, there will always be people killing white players regardless of the way the system works. I could just kill whites until I turn purple, kill mobs to lower Karma, and kill more white players. Say there are 500 players doing this...a lot of whites are still going to be PK'd so they won't really feel that safe. So I think they should just make it not as harsh for players to be red, so at least you know that person is going to kill you. Don't get me wrong, reds should be punished for killing whites...but finding the right punishment that is enough to discourage them from doing it often, but allowing them to do it if they wish to take on the consequences...that is the key.

That's why i was suggesting a buff specifically for actually killing an unflagged white player when red. It doesn't affect anyone unless they actually act it out and can be something that is enough to be annoying but not enough to make it so painful as to not be willing to deal with the annoyance if need be.

If the concern by some right now is that there is not enough penalty to being red to sufficiently deter people from killing whites then what if instead of changing the current penalties killing if white players is addressed directly. I'm still thinking buffs are the way to go. If a red player kills an unflagged white player they could get a temporary debuff that would stack and be reset if the red kills another unflagged white before it runs out. It could be something as simple as decreased movement or attack speed.

Edited by Solest

Posted

So, i'm just gonna throw you guys a bunch of wild ideas.

for the bounty hunter system, instead of money, why not paying with karma?
So PvE players who are always maxed out wouldn't really care about paying let's say 50k to get someone kill.
Besides, wishing someone's death brings should bring you bad karma.
On the other hand, someone who's already has bad karma may want to think twice before killing someone else in case someone piss him off.

Also, some players may just not give a damn about getting karma points with the bounty hunter system. Some players actually really enjoy
being ***** online and kill everyone for no real reasons except for fun but also for the thrill of being an outlaw. And I kinda respect that.

So, another option to keep the BH system interesting and thrilling would be to let the players set an amount of money on someone's head
(let's say for an exemple between 10k to 1m).
Of course you'd have to put a huge tax on it to avoid trading money between players so, make it so that it is not worth it. for exemple 75% tax. Put also a minimum level requirement to use the BH system so that bots won't use it to sell gold. So killing someone as a BH would give you a little more excitement but also, if multiple players but a bounty on the same guy, his head starts to be worth A LOT. 

Exemple : PK1 pissed of a lot of people today, PvE1, PvE2, PvE3, PvE4 and PvE5, all five put a bounty on his head and payed 1m each, minus the 75% tax, anyone that kills PK1 will get karma points + 1.25m to kill this guy. A lot of player will start looking for this guy if there's a board in game showing the highest bounties.
It also creates a good gold sink. And guilds that own the region could get a % out of it too.

That's just some rough ideas but I believe it could make the system a lot more interesting and thrilling for a lot of players. 
It would be satisfying for the guys putting the bounties that they just payed 500 000 silver to make sure that this f****er gets what he deserve
It would be thrilling for the bounty hunters knowing that there's a big reward to get from killing X and Y
and it would be really exiting for the hunted to know that his head is worth 10m.

Posted

@CM_Jouska Wouldn't be for the best if you close the thread now and allow us to test this system during CB2 (if there time to add it) or live?

I mean both sides are happy with a very few exceptions that as you can see are the only ones who cry over and over now.

Sorry, but we need time for more people to read, review, post their thoughts.

1 person likes this

Posted

No seriously though just leave... if this " preordered this game to go PK-hunting to get items! And now? Nothing! No reason to OWPvP at all for me..." if this is your mentality then you should honestly just leave and find another game.. It's not even about the fact that you want to open up a loop whole for gold sellers or tons of other exploits that revolve around a game that has no Player to Player trade. It's about the "If I don't get what I want I'm leaving" type of blackmail and childish response is what I'm talking about.

And plus if you want rewards for PKing players, there's something called the bounty hunter system, you run around finding targets to kill and guess what?? you get ITEMS!!

Its funny too...because he wants to "PK the PKers" but doesn't want the PKers to PK him. I don't see how it is any different. A system like that is just biased and unfair to players with a more aggressive playstyle.

Posted

I've never seen so many people so afraid of a fight in a video game..ever.

I guess it more or less became a symbol of our times, if we're talking about gaming. People either want to avoid consequences, or want to have everything without anything in exchange.

That makes sense. Actually a lot of it. We won't even need a BH system with that, players will have incentive to hunt down outlaws to increase their karma, especially if it's negative. The only question is, whether it could be abused by red players to reduce their karma.

THIS.

Posted (edited)

I don't think increasing penalities for red players will decrease the number of players attacking whites. Purple and yellow can do that too, and the majority of ppl are in this range.

However I would like a white player getting an EXP Buff after it has been killed in PVP.

@CM_Jouska

Edited by Alhaziel

Posted

the ones that intend to go full red will already be at the peak of their progress, they wont need more exp at a time...

¸it seems u never played this game... as there is no peak and there is no max lvl in it...

Posted

• Enchant & Item loss has been removed.

Thank Goodness. That's a massive change. This is great!

Posted

So, i'm just gonna throw you guys a bunch of wild ideas.

for the bounty hunter system, instead of money, why not paying with karma?
So PvE players who are always maxed out wouldn't really care about paying let's say 50k to get someone kill.
Besides, wishing someone's death brings should bring you bad karma.
On the other hand, someone who's already has bad karma may want to think twice before killing someone else in case someone piss him off.

I like that idea, using Karma to pay for bounties, and the hunter gets the karma reward. 

Posted

It is possible to have a small EXP Buff for the next X minutes, if a white player has been killed in pvp? Like +10% for 5 minutes.

Posted

I personally would prefer to see a benefit system to white players, rather than a huge penalty system to red players. XP buffs to whites is a good idea. Maybe even some other minor buffs to promote that kind of playstyle? The red players obviously wouldn't receive these buffs, in exchange to kill others.