• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated v2.0] Bounty Hunters, Karma, and Flagging Discussion

4,538 posts in this topic

Posted

(free)PK is small part of PvP. 

Posted

1. PK1 kills PvE1
  2. PvE1 is pissed and sets bounty on PK1
  3. PK2 kills PvE2
  4. PK2 needs to refill his Karma
  5. PK2 kills PK1 to get Karma back
  6. ...Hunting season is opened!...

@PM_Belsazar @CM_Jouska

What if...

1 PK1 kills PvE1

2. PvE1 is pissed and going to set bounty on PK1

*Blup* a message poped up "Player does not exist on this server/channel"

In case the server will stay MegaServer, people will just channel hop.

In case the server will be MultiServer, people will just log off quickly.

Posted

I like the idea but also think it'd be great if players could contribute some sort of monetary or other reward, that sounds amazingly fun frankly.  Perhaps rather than outright dismissing such a system consider limitations that could be put on it, a cap on how much can be earned from bounties or how much players can offer on bounties or how many bounties a player can set per day?

Posted

What I suggest is a PK Rank:

-Everyone starts at PK Rank 1, once they reach level 50.

-After few pk kills the pk rank goes up to level 2.

-PKers can kill ppl only in a specific PK Rank range--->For example: PK rank 5 can kill people from PK Rank 1 to PK Rank 5, BUT PK Rank 10 can only kill people from PK rank 2 to PK Rank 10.

-This means that after many PKs, lets say 50, you cannot attack anymore people that have PK Rank 1 (people that never killed anyone)-->However if a Rank 1 attack you (if you are Rank 10, for example) you can Fight back and kill him. In this case it will not count as PK Kill towards your rank increase.

In this case you have to tweak the numbers, but you protect Rank 1 people, while allowing pkers to kill other people more inclined to open world pvp, that already killed others, since they have their PK Rank greater than 1.

You may also develop a system in which the PK Rank can decrease (for example helping other people that set a bounty on someone).

I really like this idea, flawlessly separates pve and pvp as well as allows pvpers to kill each other as much as we want.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I really like this idea, flawlessly separates pve and pvp as well as allows pvpers to kill each other as much as we want.

How. What? Please explain how this makes sense in your head. And why the ----- PvE and PvP should be SEPARATE in a limited resource game.

Edited by Squirelzrme
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You guys could also add a bounty hunter 'targeting' system. Where Two people are selected at random from the bounty list. They would be shown an arrow toward the target and be unable to enter a safe zone until the battle was over or the time ran out. (20-30 minutes to either kill or avoid the target) To avoid abuse a target should only be acquired once an hour. If one of the pkers kills the other they get a monetary reward or a 'point' to be spent later, but only for killing there specific target. This would keep it from being exploitable and also make Pking a way to make silver which makes Pkers happy. Basically im outlining the idea from Runescape from 2008-2010 with the bounty hunter target system. They even had worlds literally devoted to bounty hunter. Tons of videos online about this if you have time to look at how the system worked, if you guys implemented a pking system like that it would really keep pking lively.

Edited by Projudgement

Posted

@PM_Belsazar @CM_Jouska

What if...

1 PK1 kills PvE1

did they write anything about same server/channel or that the person has to be online?

Posted

In addition to the bounty system, to balance things out for those players who feel they are being harmed by having penalties for random PK.

Create an assassin system.

While bounties are driven by NPC's assassinations are guild based.

A guild can train assassins. An player can become an assassin by taking an assassination contract. A player can not become an assassin unless they have a specific amount of negative karma.

Types of assassination contracts.

1. Specific assassination. This type of assassination requires the lowest amount of negative karma to acquire, but yields the highest reward. 

2. General assassination, these contracts are completed by killing one of a specific group of players, based on class, race, region, or guild affiliation. An assassin must have high negative karma to acquire a general contract.

3. Master assassin contracts. These contracts provide a reward for a single specific assassination target in addition to an additional 2 general targets killed within 3 minutes of PVP being initiated. Master assassins require a VERY HIGH negative karma pool to acquire.

All contracts yield rewards as chosen by the guild that creates the contract. This is in addition to assassin reputation which is a set standard in game for each type of contract.

Benefits to assassin reward track. 

1. Bonus to all stats in PVP and PVE combat. The higher the assassin is on the reward track the higher the PvP/PVE combat bonus.

2. Assassins are allowed to engage in PVP with any player actively carrying a bounty hunter contract. An assassin that kills a bounty hunter gains assassin rep.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

what if a player has the name IIIIllllll  I and L lol who you suppose ot get that name to bounty

there possible abuse name to bounty lol would we have to type the player name ???? 

Edited by Selvaria Bles

Posted

@PM_Belsazar @CM_Jouska

What if...

1 PK1 kills PvE1

...you want to prevent people from logging off ? wth are you.

Posted

I think he's an Ad, quick fetch PC principal!

Posted (edited)

I am going to iterate a little bit more on my original post... Its not about OW PVP vs PVE vs Consensual PVP...... It's about sandbox.... Sandbox... and sandbox. I think we are all tired of theme parks, sand parks and grind parks.... I need organic, emergent gameplay driven by players decisions and game mechanics that empower players to make their own content. Developer driven content is never going to work, a 2,000 man team can't produce enough content, fast enough, for any MMO community. Give players the tools to make their own content. PVP is a very important part of any sandbox, please see below.

Previous post:

Open world Pvp is part of a organic, emergent, sandbox experience. Putting in harsh penalties and too many artificial limiters will kill the sandbox experience.  I implore the Devs, please do everything you can to save the sandbox. Otherwise this game will be like all the other MMO titles released this past decade. 

-I recommend looking at Eve online for sandbox and pvp inspiration. I'm not suggesting a 1 to 1 model. But it has great sandbox and pvp elements for sure. Maybe have safe zones closer to main  cities, and outside those zones will be higher risk due to no pvp restrictions.

-look at archeage for inspiration with their trade pack system. Having to carry trade goods that can be taken by other players if going through open pvp zones. Your localized auction houses already support this concept and ideology.

-give players a choices, don't force us to only PVE through crazy harsh penalties and restrictions.

-Pvp players want meaningful pvp encounters. We want to fight for resources, territory, our faction, our guild. A lot of us don't want to grief. Give us a reason to pvp. 

-allow players to Govern themselves with interesting player driven game mechanics. The bounty Hunter idea is a good start.

Edited by Arthidon
3 people like this

Posted

I will post here what I posted on reddit a couple of months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3qmiwn/would_this_be_a_workable_pk_system/

In case you don't want to click on the link, below is what it includes.  Yea, some of this needs updated, but I think some of the ideas could be thrown around and fine tuned.  Just use Karma instead of Silver, or whatever you want to use.  Everything can be adjusted.  Numbers and values are just a base to get the idea rolling.

A starting point for PK?  

All bonus stats are reduced to zero when a fight starts.  No gear/buff/potion/food bonus.  Players will not be able to take health or mana pots during the fight.  Players can always attempt to flee from PK to a safe zone.  The PK who initiates the attack will have no safe zone. Gameplay for PK is based upon basic character playstyle and skills of the players.  A debuff will have to be developed to even the skills of a player with a higher set of skills to a player with a lower set of skills.  Gear ONLY applies to PVP in Guild Wars and Arenas.  Player levels will NOT be shown.  If you want to PK, you take that chance.

Should PVP have PVE rewards?  If so, then buffs and debuffs could reflect that.

1. Player Killers (PK) -

1. Both players are the same level or within 1 level.  

1. No gear/buff/potion/food bonus.

2. All bonus stats are reduced to zero.

3. If attacking player wins:  

1. See Bounty Section

2. ¾  of loser’s carried silver + random PK buff

4. If attacking player loses:  

1. See Judicial Section

2. Loss of ¾ of carried silver + random PK debuff

5. If attacked player wins:

1. ¾ of loser’s carried silver + PVP or PVE buff

6. If attacked player loses:

1. ¾ of carried silver to winner + Unable to be killed by PK for X time buff (can cancel buff at any time)

2. Attacking player level is 2 or 3 levels above other player.    

1. All of a., i., and ii. applies.  

2. Attacking player receives (2x stacking minor debuff).

3. If attacking player wins:  

1. See Bounty Section

2. ½ of loser’s carried silver + random PK buff (½ duration)

4. If attacking player loses:  

1. See Judicial Section

2. Loss of ⅞ of carried silver + random PK debuff (2x duration)

5. If attacked player wins:

1. ⅞  of attacking player’s silver + random PVP or PVE buff (2x duration)

6. If attacked player loses:

1. Loss of ½ of carried silver to winner + unable to be killed by PK for X time buff (can cancel buff at any time)

3. Attacking player level is 3 or more levels above the other player.

1. All of a., i., and ii., applies

2. Player being attacked receives HELP button.

1. Pressing help button alerts all players and NPC within X yards of ability to assist without any penalties.

2. Reward given to any players who land a blow on attacker, but only if attacker is killed.  Collected at bounty office.

3. Attacking player receives two stacks of (stacking minor debuff) plus duration x 2.

4. If attacking player wins:  

1. See Bounty Section

2. ¼ of loser’s carried silver + random PK buff (¼ duration)

5. If attacking player loses:  

1. See Judicial System

2. Loss of 9/10 of carried silver + random PK debuff (4x duration)

6. If attacked player wins:

1. 9/10 of attacking player’s silver + random PVP or PVE buff (4x duration)

7. If attacked player loses:

1. Loss of ¼ carried silver + unable to be killed by PK for x time buff (can cancel buff at any time)

4. Bounty System  

1. If attacking player wins will have a bounty placed on his head until he is killed by another PK.  

2. Each successful kill after initial will increase the bounty until player is killed by another PK.  Guilds can increase bounty out of their own guild cash.  Thus guilds can avenge PK from other guilds.

3. Bounty can be collected by NPC (sheriff) in each town.  

4. Sheriff will have list of players with bounty and Last Known Location (updated randomly).

5. Players with bounty will not appear different unless some type of interrogation skill is used on player.  Using interrogation skill on non bounty player causes (stacking minor) debuff.

6. Safe zones for PK with Bounty will be (unknown, should there be safe zones for PK?)

5. Judicial System

1. If attacking player loses they will respawn in closest Jail.  Players with a bounty who are killed will respawn in jail also regardless if they initiated the encounter.

2. Jail time determined upon level difference/bounty.  Greater the level difference the greater the jail time.  Minimum time?  (4 hours to give other guild time to set bond?)

3. Debuff acquired will start after release from Jail, unless bounty kill.

4. Being killed for bounty resets buffs and debuffs.

5. If attacked player is from another guild, attacked guild has option to set bond for release from jail and/or time player is in jail.  Up to 24 hours.  (Can assist with guild wars?)

6. Only carried silver when the player arrives at the jail can be used for bond.  (Incentive to carry more silver) Guild cannot put up bond for jailed player, but can negotiate bond with other guild prior to other guild placing bond amount.

7. Bond negotiations must be completed in game face to face between guilds.  At least X guild members from each guild must be present.  Meeting cannot be in safe zones and all players must be in PVP mode and/or arenas.

Posted

You're going to log off...?

1 person likes this

Posted

what if a player has the name IIIIllllll  I and L lol who you suppose ot get that name to bounty

dunno if u see enemy name if u get pked in ur chat box as i only have pked so far in BDO but didnt get killed by a pker..

but if u see that guys name in chat u can click on it an whisper. while whispering u can go right of the message were the name is mark it -> ctrl+c 

Posted

I will post here what I posted on reddit a couple of months ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3qmiwn/would_this_be_a_workable_pk_system/

In case you don't want to click on the link, below is what it includes.  Yea, some of this needs updated, but I think some of the ideas could be thrown around and fine tuned.  Just use Karma instead of Silver, or whatever you want to use.  Everything can be adjusted.  Numbers and values are just a base to get the idea rolling.

the f*** is this. go away please.

Posted

Also, for posters. If your idea is to replicate a system in Lineage 2 or Archeage, please don't post the entire lineage 2 rule set. The devs have played those games as well probably and are trying to make a new game. If they wanted to make Lineage 2.5 they already know the old lineage system so there is no reason to block up the thread with detailed explanations of that game system.

Posted

All this forum does is disappoint me, hey guys, you want owPvP? Dont be a ----- to CM's that have been trying to help and accept suggestions, calmly explain why you dislike this thing and suggest alternate methods in a RATIONAL MANNER.

Instead of shouting at the CM's for no good reason like you keep doing and calling the players who disagree with you carebears, it just makes you look immature.

5 people like this

Posted

Also, for posters. If your idea is to replicate a system in Lineage 2 or Archeage, please don't post the entire lineage 2 rule set. The devs have played those games as well probably and are trying to make a new game. If they wanted to make Lineage 2.5 they already know the old lineage system so there is no reason to block up the thread with detailed explanations of that game system.

first off they are adding a jail system like archage just not add the stupid  court system however that is korea patch for Valencia and what wrong having the system for lineage 2 they did it right for flagging and pk and karma, and how would you know they if the devs played lineage 2 ??

Posted

All this forum does is disappoint me, hey guys, you want owPvP? Dont be a ----- to CM's that have been trying to help and accept suggestions, calmly explain why you dislike this thing and suggest alternate methods in a RATIONAL MANNER.

Instead of shouting at the CM's for no good reason like you keep doing and calling the players who disagree with you carebears, it just makes you look immature.

Carebear.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a cool idea, but I think is not a needed mechanic. I think the system in CBT1 was just fine! It wasn't too harsh like in KR, but a person had to be careful how many times they popped their PvP cherry.

Posted

the bounty hunter are just for carebear set a bounty so someone else can do the pvp for you and people zerg that player for that last hit how this fair pvp for a big huge map 

Posted

Carebear.

Posted (edited)

The bounty system sounds really cool but the question is will anyone actually use it or not...

With regards to flagging... You should take a piece from the Legend of Mir flagging system, which was like the L2 flagging system but if someone went "pink" on you, you didn't go pink for fighting back. That way the guy who starts the fight gets a penalty, and the guy who defends himself does not.

In Legend of Mir, instead of a system where you either attack everyone or no one, their was multiple attack modes (All, peace, Good vs Evil - many more, but that's all thats needed in BDO).

So here's my suggestion for how to implement PvP mechanics in BDO - the Legend of Mir system with a BDO twist:

• 3 attack modes: All, Peace, and Good vs Evil
  • On peace, you're white and can't hit anyone unless they attack first.
  • On all, you're red and can hit everyone.
  • On good vs evil you're white (or any other colour, whatever) and can only attack reds, this prevents you accidentally hitting whites and flagging yourself whilst still being able to fight PKers.

Someone on good vs evil mode can attack a red player without flagging, and kill them with no penalty.
On peace, if you are attacked by a red, you can retaliate without flagging and kill them with no penalty.
If you kill a white player when you're red, you get a penalty.

Also if a white player dies to mobs, and a red player has attacked him within X seconds of his death - Red player gets penalty.

I honestly don't see how the above system could be abused?

I also don't agree with "evil" players breaking enchants / gear on death. Their life is hard enough with no towns and everyone KoS.

Edited by DiZMeX
2 people like this

Posted

well they could remove that..

wich is often pointless too as u can get back pretty fast especially with res potions.

You can get back quick but doesn't help you keep the exp spot as you will get pked and losing 2% will prevent you from waiting to go back.

If they remove exp loss the pvp will have 0 meaning open world. As you can die as much as you want and losee nothing. Losing exp is extra incentive not to lose.