• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance May 04th

340 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello  Everyone

I am still very new to the game and not sure on the regular maintenance times etc. I happened to notice that the maintenance said that it was going to finish about an hour ago, however when I log in it still happens to say its on maintenance. Just wondering if the time has been changed or if my launcher is being silly.

p.s. Lovely to meet you all and I hope you all have many great adventures ^u^ 

Unfortunately to work on some tech problem we have to add 1 extra hour to the maintenance. Thanks for your patience.

Aha! thats why ^^ no worries Thank you for informing us ^u^ 

Posted

Dang, wanted to get my afk horse training in before leaving for work :(

Darn you Daum for making afking so useful! ;)

Posted

Prepare your updates before running maintainance Daum.. this shit is sad. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe they'll fix the musa's ap, dp, and iframe during this extra hour...

Posted

I know I shouldn't be impatient, but seems like maintenance is dragging on longer than stated. Already 6 hours was a long time.

I know I shouldn't be impatient, but seems like maintenance is dragging on longer than stated. Already 6 hours was a long time.

Check the news section of the forums. This is the launch of Mediah part 2. 

Sigh.. Where are node wars?

Posted

Maybe they'll fix the musa's ap, dp, and iframe during this extra hour...

The patch notes have already been posted, so I guess not ;)

Posted

Typical mmo, over promise and under deliver on maintenance times.  For once, it would be nice if they actually overestimated the amount of time they'd need for one of these patches and came back online an hour or two earlier.  That would be such a pleasant surprise.

2 people like this

Posted

Daum it`s showing why some people are already leaving the game when It just came to NA.

Every week a extended maintenance, patches and more patches, (700mb, 2gb etc) even tough my Black spirit still bugged, can`t get daily and weekly quests from NPCs and as a result can't get my earing done. Really really really annoying.

Posted

Typical mmo, over promise and under deliver on maintenance times.  For once, it would be nice if they actually overestimated the amount of time they'd need for one of these patches and came back online an hour or two earlier.  That would be such a pleasant surprise.

There's been two patches where the servers came up ~30 minutes early.

This is a large patch. Technical issues happen. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum it`s showing why some people are already leaving the game when It just came to NA.

Every week a extended maintenance, patches and more patches, (700mb, 2gb etc) even tough my Black spirit still bugged, can`t get daily and weekly quests from NPCs and as a result can't get my earing done. Really really really annoying.

Just stop spreading toxic stuff about a game that is actually working out very well.  I used to have that same problem with dailies/weekly quests. 
Here's the fix: 
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/blackdesert/images/b/be/Preference.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20160305233127

Black spirit will stop bugging when you get further into the game, and it's not really a bug that disrupts the game in any way other than being annoying.

1 person likes this

Posted

It may sound silly but this happened to me, spent a couple days wondering why my hourly quests were not appearing. Somehow I or the game turned off all the Quest icons, except for Life. Open quest log "O" and click the "All" button on/off a couple times. They came right back for me. Just something to try...

Posted (edited)

Open your quest log, and change the filter to 'all' otherwise some quests will not be obtainable from the black spirit or the world.

Edited by Fahidi

Posted (edited)

Frankly I don't hold any of the setbacks or bugs against them. It is a very big undertaking and from what I understand the team working on it is very small in compare to other big game teams. It might be an unpopular opinion but this is 'technically' a new release. In my limited understanding they have translated everything, working overtime to move it to English to catch up to Korea, responding to the overflow of reports and problems, managing everything on to the new servers and making sure it works. I'm positive there is more but I don't know enough about servers or any of the behind scenes work to make any massive assumptions.

They ARE trying and we should be thankful, they work very hard to make the game we love work. When you compare how much is going right to the few problems there is a noticeable difference. We can be impatient but don't begrudge them when they are trying their hardest, it can't be encouraging or uplifting to always see such negativity with no mention of what has gone right. 

Edited by Maudia
Spelling P:
3 people like this

Posted

To the whiners, find something else to do for the massive time of one hour. Compared to many mmos, BDO has been very reliable. If you can't be separated from the game for another hour, you need to rethink your life.

Posted

Whelp. I, for one, am happy to see the effort that is being put into this (that still surpasses many and most other games).  Naturally, I am disappointed at the Musa/Maewah shenanigans, but it's not like there's an abundance of classes to play alternatively at my disposal. (or is there?!)  
As far as the other bugs... In due time.

Thanks for everything!

Posted

Frankly I don't hold any of the setbacks or bugs against them. It is a very big undertaking and from what I understand the team working on it is very small in compare to other big game teams. It might be an unpopular opinion but this is 'technically' a new release. In my limited understanding they have translated everything, working overtime to move it to English to catch up to Korea, responding to the overflow of reports and problems, managing everything on to the new servers and making sure it works. I'm positive there is more but I don't know enough about servers or any of the behind scenes work to make an massive assumptions.

They ARE trying and we should be thankful, they work very hard to make the game we love work. When you compare how much is going right to the few problems there is a noticeable difference. We can be impatient but don't begrudge them when they are trying their hardest. 

I agree!  Even though I am new I still believe that they are trying hard to make everything work. People just need to stay calm and not be nasty or toxic, it wont help. So if they need an extra hour to fix things and make the game run smoothly then Im more than happy that they do that and not leave it half finished.  ^u^

Posted (edited)

wrong thread -_-

Edited by Solrik

Posted

I agree!  Even though I am new I still believe that they are trying hard to make everything work. People just need to stay calm and not be nasty or toxic, it wont help. So if they need an extra hour to fix things and make the game run smoothly then Im more than happy that they do that and not leave it half finished.  ^u^

People also need to acknowledge the fact that Black Desert has it`s own Game Engine that was designed specifically for it. Working with existing Engines is hard enough.

2 people like this

Posted

the most annoying part is I'm still on 640kilobit for some kind of problem on my ISP, will take me like 15 hours to download the patch :D:D:D:D I guess I will grind beer this evening and not monsters.... on a second thought, ain't that bad either :)

Posted

sry guys another 3 hours GL!!!!

Posted

Servers up!

Posted

servers are uuuuuuuuuup! \o/

Posted

Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 04.05.2016 

Duration: 6hServer Down:Server Up:
Global08:00 UTC15:00 UTC
West Coast (NA)01:00 PDT08:00 PDT
East Coast (NA)04:00 EDT11:00 EDT
Central (EU)10:00 CEST17:00 CEST

We've had to delay the end of the maintenance by 1 hour. Stay tuned.
Reason:

• Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found in our Forum after the maintenance

Note:Our team will do its very best to work within the given time frames; it may occur that the time frames are extended. In that case we will update this announcement accordingly.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up2date.
Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
BDO Team

Underpromise and overdeliver is good business practice. Need 6 hrs of maintenance time? Announce you need 8 hrs and open the servers in 7 hrs. Your customers will LOVE you for it.

1 person likes this