• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Regular Maintenance May 04th

340 posts in this topic

Posted

Can I also just point out that the excuse of having an active RL doesn't apply that well in BDO when a LOT of grinding/gathering/etc can be done while AFK? In fact, it's probably better for your sanity in some cases. >.> Instead of staring how you travel back and forth with horse/wagon all day or waiting for fish all day. Goes a bit faster, sure, but this game offers specifically a lot of options for being able to grind even while in AFK-land. Lots of other MMO's require you to be active to get anything at all. Those are the MMO's where a no-lifer gets the biggest advantage, not here.

In short: Silly argument is silly, BDO offers plenty options for both sides to at least decently keep up with stuff.

Posted

God I hope for DP and AP fixes for the musa because I put everything into this char and I cannot progress.

Nothing wrong with DP / AP Musa. Already tested it multiple times in PvP & Arena.

Stop whining about it :)

Posted

Wah.jpg

Many people have jobs(me included), lives, families, etc outside of gaming.  You, no offense, sound like one of the current mindset of generation players wanting shit to come easily.  Sorry buddy but some of us actually enjoy challenge, regardless of whatever way it comes.  The current flock and last 10 or so years of mmo's that  have come out have basically handed you shit on a silver platter for hardly anytime invested in your character. If that's what you prefer, there's plennnnnty of games to go play that offer that. Does RNG sometimes suck? Shit yes but deal with it.  It is what it is. 

That's not the point he's making. The only challenge in BDO is how much time you are willing to put in to the game. EVERY task in the game can be solved if you throw enough time at it. What he means is, we would prefer things that are actually difficult to do, that require skill to achieve, but dont take weeks of grinding and hoping you get a lucky hit from the RNG. You are right, players that want an easy time can go and have that in other MMO's, but so can those that just want to spend lots of time grinding stuff until the right thing drops.. pick pretty much ANY Asian MMO and you are right there. Time invested is not the same as skill or challenge.

When you see a player in BDO who has the highest AP/DP stats and all that, it doesnt make me think.. "ooooh they're skillful, thats impressive" it makes me think.. "must be a student with a shit ton of spare time".

1 person likes this

Posted

Can I also just point out that the excuse of having an active RL doesn't apply that well in BDO when a LOT of grinding/gathering/etc can be done while AFK? In fact, it's probably better for your sanity in some cases. >.> Instead of staring how you travel back and forth with horse/wagon all day or waiting for fish all day. Goes a bit faster, sure, but this game offers specifically a lot of options for being able to grind even while in AFK-land. Lots of other MMO's require you to be active to get anything at all. Those are the MMO's where a no-lifer gets the biggest advantage, not here.

In short: Silly argument is silly, BDO offers plenty options for both sides to at least decently keep up with stuff.

I'm interested in grinding and especially gathering afk. Safely ofc.

Please explain.

That's not the point he's making. The only challenge in BDO is how much time you are willing to put in to the game. EVERY task in the game can be solved if you throw enough time at it. What he means is, we would prefer things that are actually difficult to do, that require skill to achieve, but dont take weeks of grinding and hoping you get a lucky hit from the RNG. You are right, players that want an easy time can go and have that in other MMO's, but so can those that just want to spend lots of time grinding stuff until the right thing drops.. pick pretty much ANY Asian MMO and you are right there. Time invested is not the same as skill or challenge.

When you see a player in BDO who has the highest AP/DP stats and all that, it doesnt make me think.. "ooooh they're skillful, thats impressive" it makes me think.. "must be a student with a shit ton of spare time".

It applies to ANYTHING in life. And a game is PART OF REAL LIFE, you aren't teleported in a virtual world with different rule set where time has no meaning.

The best workers are those who can complete a task (in a proper way) in less time than others.

Likewise, the best players can manage their time better, plan ahead, be patient, etc. and reach a goal faster or better than others with a similar amount of time at their disposal. That's a challenge that makes sense. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm interested in grinding and especially gathering afk. Safely ofc.

Please explain.

Workers can do a lot of the gathering quite safely while you're AFK, hell, even while you might be AFK-training your horse or running circles with trade goods to up your strength. AFK fishing works decently enough for money, etc. The only thing you can't really grind while AFK is combat stuff, though for me at least, combat's been a smaller portion of my daily things than other things. And to be clear, I mean grinding combat exp or the likes. Plenty of gear can be gotten by just investing enough money in it, and that can be gotten while AFK.

Posted

Nothing wrong with DP / AP Musa. Already tested it multiple times in PvP & Arena.

Stop whining about it :)

if you think there is nothing wrong with Musa AP/DP, you still have to admit that melee classes could do with a DP boost to make them viable classes compared to the ranged classes and to stop one hit kills from bosses?

Posted

sad posts by sad ppl , I dont regret for not visiting forums.

Posted

sad posts by sad ppl , I dont regret for not visiting forums.

21bf40cfd5d3c170083044535d1029e2608de6e1e7941036de608e2f968ac3b2.jpg

Posted

Kzarka is top, Liverto is mid.Why?
Bonuses. Liverto has useless bonuses for Warrior/Valkiria and (in my opinion) for other classes.

Atk Speed and cast speed are better (2 bonuses vs 1 bonuses).
For example - Valkiria needs atk speed and also cast speed.

reading this guys comments makes me cringe, what an absolute turd :D 

Posted

reading this guys comments makes me cringe, what an absolute turd :D 

For 1st, you're turd, not me.
For 2nd If you are noob, i don't care, but stop trolling.

Posted

No PatchNotes this week?

Posted

It's simple, before you buy a game, you should look whats it about. If you don't like it, dont buy it.

Play it for fun, if you like grinding and hardworking on your gear.

It's not fun at all if you don't like that. Then don't play.

1 person likes this

Posted

No PatchNotes this week?

They generally post them closer to the end of the maint. They'll be up soon, I'm sure.

Posted

They generally post them closer to the end of the maint. They'll be up soon, I'm sure.

The end is near?)

Posted

No PatchNotes this week?

Hey Vi. Patch Notes for the updates typically go up after the patches that we've had. So hopefully we see it within a couple hours after the patch.

Posted

The end is near?)

Just under 3 hours left till the end of maint, stay strong!

Posted

I got an extra Maehwa seal before the maintenance hit today when I logged on. 

well i wasn't online at that time, it said 4th May so it should last the whole day.

Posted

well i wasn't online at that time, it said 4th May so it should last the whole day.

Unfortunately not. Maehwa seal event:

• Start: April 20th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)
  • End: May 4th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Posted

Black Seal Quests .....plllllllllllllllleaseeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Please add this feature asap

Edited by xBlackTeaRx

Posted

Boss Armor? 

I heard Boss Armor and +16 Enchanting

Among some other things.

Posted

Actually Valkryie doesnt use attack speed at all its all cast speed. Even if you think the crit on Liverto is useless you can't ignore the 10 AP and two crystal slots.

Posted

Please add this feature asap

this is cancer. Make it possible to craft dyes and sell them on the market!

Posted

6 hours kinda sucks

I've only had the game for 10 days so I'm yet to experience this type of down time. 

Also I'm in Australia so I got home from work at 5:30pm, maintenance started at 6pm and not due to finish until 12am. There goes my plans for this evening.

Yeah I know there's no point in complaining, but this is bad timing for Aussies.

Greetings, fellow Aussie!  I feel your pain. Part of living in an under-represented timezone is having to deal with our prime time being ultimately unprofitable compared to others, not to mention entirely incompatible with the work lives of those actually running the show. Like you, I never complain because I know it's unavoidable. That doesn't stop it from being disappointing that we operate one prime-time slot behind other timezones every week. I play fairly casually, I have no idea if it's something that will end up impacting the competitiveness of Oceanic guilds at some point but let's hope not!

1 person likes this