• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What did you like/dislike from the BDO TV ad?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

The trailer is alright for me. They could've showed more game contents like like ship sailing, horse riding, etc. instead of cinematic. At least Daum didn't follow the "Black Desert Online - Opening Cinematic"  example, with that horrible voice acting. :/

lol! The guy sound like he is being sarcastic. I cannot take him seriously. I have an easier time following the story and quests with the dialog off.

Posted (edited)

To whom it may concern...this is one well made comercial ad.

This is not a trailer. 

Edited by Elite

Posted

really..... they only need to show smooth Siege gameplay but hey. Holding of the trailer until then would be the better option.

I hope they never put flying mounts in the game. They where bad for WoW and any other game that had them.

Posted

The part where we don't have Valencia yet.

Posted (edited)

really..... they only need to show smooth Siege gameplay but hey. Holding of the trailer until then would be the better option.

I hope they never put flying mounts in the game. They where bad for WoW and any other game that had them.

The trailer for siege gameplay is pretty bad though. They should have edited it better to make it look more appealing. Like they do with all PvE Trailers.

Edited by Haishao

Posted

Don't know why you would think that's a flying mount, that's clearly a dragon, if you know anything about any RPG/MMO game, there is ALWAYS a dragon to fight.

Posted (edited)

i thought it was lacking in Action and music , the advert was very badly done

it lacked visual and audio links with sounds matching the visuals , with no Incidental music, which would be or is intended to add atmosphere to the action. It may take the form of something as simple as a low, ominous tone to enhance the depiction of a  sequence to make what you are watching pop out with the sounds 

the video audio also is very bad it almost hurts my ears , really after first watch i was almost gritting my teeth at the music and audio 

the Action in the Film was ok , the Dragon was good , fighting scenes in first person dnt go well 

overall i give the movie

1/10 for audio 

5/10 for visual 

lets look at some examples in this video for visual and audio 

Edited by Maxwell wabbits

Posted

Personally I like how they displayed the visuals of the game.

I dislike how they made it look as if we had flying mounts at the beginning of the ad.  This is a clear bait-tactic to bring in the players that like their flying mounts.

I definitely did not get flying mount from the dragon thing at the start. To me it looked like something that would eat me if I didn't hack it all to hell :P

I liked how they presented the visuals because they didn't doctor it up like so many other games. It was a true representation of the game graphics as is without having a monster of a PC.
What I also liked is that, even though it was very little, it basically showed you what's in the game. Not what it might be in the game and what might get taken out of it.

What I think could be an improvement, show a little bit more gameplay with the UI etc. Maybe even a group taking down a big ol' baddy.

Posted

Nothing memorable. It wouldn't even catch my attention on TV, tbh.

Posted

They did what they have to do, to bring more cannon fodder to the game. I would do the same if I was a developer.

Does it do justice to the game? Commercials do that to us. We have teached the Koreans the basics of how to be commercially, and now they are better than us IMHO).

Western commercials are boring.

its either some pill your better off not taking, Shaving products, Fast Food, or a faux sell at some stupidly over priced clothing store. The worst part is they put 3 segments 6-10 minutes each in a 28 minute show, making sure your show is interrupted during climaxes, to make sure your reaching your climax.   

I like the way the Asians do there commercials much better, they're run either before or after the show not during the show.

Posted

I just think it was so short, the ending felt a bit abruptly ended. Like they had to short it in cos every second is money on tv ads :3

Posted

I just think it was so short, the ending felt a bit abruptly ended. Like they had to short it in cos every second is money on tv ads :3

in the west, hell yes. You better be a major player if you want ad space on TV.

TV is wasted revenue for smaller companies anyway, Duams target audience has probably moved on from traditional TV services, hell my last TV bill was almost 8 years ago, i stream everything these days.

Posted

lies - put the cash shop prices on there and see if people buy it.

LOL do you still play this game?

Posted (edited)

I like how they show content we wont have for months :D

It also lacks a cash shop preview of the prices.. that'll surely get people to play right? 

Edited by Bethany

Posted

Nowhere. Stil nothing about it on official site either. Combat, role playing, quests (lol?), classes, professions, even housing. Not a single word about ganking afk fishers and shooting people off the horses with a rifle. You know, all those things those who will buy the game for everything it is advertised as "didnt do the research on" 9_9

obviously they're not going to say any of that in a commercial.

Thatd be a giant waste of advertisement money. It would drive potential players away instead. More like... Unvertisement? Lol.

Its not winning any points with the existing player base absolutely, but it's just generic and vauge enough to pull in new casuals.

Posted

It's alright, looks nice, dislike it's short.

May interest those who haven't played into looking it up to see what the game is about. So the add probably serves it's purpose.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0