• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our awakening weapon

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was just wondering how the heck we end up with arm cannons instead of some sort of huge mace or some huge ass weapon. Yet we are stuck with a mega man cannon And a boxing like move set that reminds me of my waifu Yang..

I am not complaining this is amazing who ever come up with this idea should be awarded!

Anywho when our awakening gets out. Anybody know any good pvp builds for our cannon? 

Posted

Shoot cannon for KD. Punch ground combo. Flaming black spirit jump. WIn

Posted

Because apparently the only way to help melee-name-would-suggest-into-the-fray class is to make it mid ranged.

Posted

Honestly I hate the awakening weapons. Berzerkers have some really cool animations on their skills but they all become useless because awakening weapons are OP. It sucks tbh. A whole class of skills thrown away.

Posted

Honestly I hate the awakening weapons. Berzerkers have some really cool animations on their skills but they all become useless because awakening weapons are OP. It sucks tbh. A whole class of skills thrown away.

We can switch it up to both styles. Axes to grab people and Cannon for damage. 

Posted

We can switch it up to both styles. Axes to grab people and Cannon for damage. 

ye but as explained, the axes are really weak compared to the cannon so appart from a few skills they become kinda bad..

Posted

ye but as explained, the axes are really weak compared to the cannon so appart from a few skills they become kinda bad..

Stop being a negative Nancy. unless you have extensive experience to back up that statement, don't throw assumptions. Noone knows how its going to be. even the KR version for us now means nothing since +16 will be adjested. so no body knows how its going to be. 

Posted

Stop being a negative Nancy. unless you have extensive experience to back up that statement, don't throw assumptions. Noone knows how its going to be. even the KR version for us now means nothing since +16 will be adjested. so no body knows how its going to be. 

Unless you have extensive experience to your claim then my claims are worth just as much as yours.

Posted

Unless you have extensive experience to your claim then my claims are worth just as much as yours.

Interview with DaumGames EU

Answeres in Orange were provided by Pearl Abyss.

• When will we see the new classes added in game? (Blader/Ninja, etc)
    • We know that this is the most frequently asked question, but for now all we can reply to this is:
      Musa/Maehwa (aka Blader/Plum which have been renamed to their original historical names) will be released soon.
      Ninja/Kunoichi will be released down the road. :) But no worries, there is plenty of content to explore and there are also some balance updates that we would like to apply along with releasing those classes.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Enchantments above +15 will create huge imabalances in PVP, what are your plans for our version?
    • One of the crucial features in MMORPG is the process of investing time to level up the characters and the equipment.
      This process is included in many other MMORPGs and acts as one of the biggest playing motivations.
      We cannot ignore the impact of character and gear, the result of players' time and effort.

So the answer, which we need to find, is the proper balance regarding the enchantment system.
      Either having too much gap or too little gap can both be considered system flaws.

For western players, we are planning to narrow the gap regarding enchantment levels compared to Korean service.
      We have already reduced the gear gap a bit in the special mode like Crimson Battlefield but it is possible to take a step further in narrowing the gap if it's necessary.

There are some features such as failure stack or crone stone to mitigate RNG factors in the enchantment system.
      We are not considering different systems other than our current system at this moment, the adjustment will be based on what we have right now.

Hide contents
  • What are your plans regarding the rework of the Karma system?

Posted

Interview with DaumGames EU

Answeres in Orange were provided by Pearl Abyss.

• When will we see the new classes added in game? (Blader/Ninja, etc)

Hidden Content

• Enchantments above +15 will create huge imabalances in PVP, what are your plans for our version?

Hidden Content

• What are your plans regarding the rework of the Karma system?

So because they are planning on changing the +16-20 enchantments you think they are completely going to change how the berzerker awakening weapon performs compared to the axes? Nice claim..

Posted

So because they are planning on changing the +16-20 enchantments you think they are completely going to change how the berzerker awakening weapon performs compared to the axes? Nice claim..

you said, awakening weapon is OP, Axe is bad, (you seem to like animation of skills more than anything), so if they are adjusting the stats what makes you think awakening weapon wont be bad and axe OP? 

Posted

I will just be happy to do world bosses via range spamming fire shot and not dieing over and over to dreg

1 person likes this

Posted

you said, awakening weapon is OP, Axe is bad, (you seem to like animation of skills more than anything), so if they are adjusting the stats what makes you think awakening weapon wont be bad and axe OP? 

Did you even read ur own quote? They are adjusting the amount of AP you get for +16-20 enchantment across the board the reduce the gap between less and high geared players. What does that have to do at all with balancing the cannon compared to the axe?

Posted

Did you even read ur own quote? They are adjusting the amount of AP you get for +16-20 enchantment across the board the reduce the gap between less and high geared players. What does that have to do at all with balancing the cannon compared to the axe?

My whole point from the start was that NOONE knows what we are going to get. you don't seem to understand that and just go around this forum and spew negative comments. didn't you say you;ve quit zerker 3 days ago? So why do you care?

Posted (edited)

My whole point from the start was that NOONE knows what we are going to get. you don't seem to understand that and just go around this forum and spew negative comments. didn't you say you;ve quit zerker 3 days ago? So why do you care?

Because it is my favorite class in terms of animations/skills and I want to play it when it's made competitive again. Unfortunately the class is in too bad shape atm and its frustrating to lose simply because you play a gimped class. Berzerks is useless at world bosses (best money), bad in grinding (best exp) and below average in 1v1 PvP (which is all meaningfull pvp atm). I was planning on returning maybe when group pvp was added (nodes/sieges) but nope, seems like there no point in zerks yet.

But I am not sure why we are discussing me quitting my class atm, did you run out of arguments?

Edited by Wexoch

Posted

Because it is my favorite class in terms of animations/skills and I want to play it when it's made competitive again. Unfortunately the class is in too bad shape atm and its frustrating to lose simply because you play a gimped class. Berzerks is useless at world bosses (best money), bad in grinding (best exp) and below average in 1v1 PvP (which is all meaningfull pvp atm).

But I am not sure why we are discussing me quitting my class atm, did you run out of arguments?

but its not, i still get good sh-- from bosses, yes i get 1 shotted like everyone else, i grind just fine, yes its slower but more safe, barely need to use any pots. 1v1 we are not below average at all .GVG holy shit we are beasts if you are playing it as its supposed to be a utility class and dmg absorber(i can rush to initiate, find good timing to use my ult, and GET out alive atleast 2/5 attempts from between 10-15+ Super armor is very strong if u use it well. get healed by witch/wiz and rush back in and cc the living shit out of enemies). i wont lie, i expected alot more from this class when i started, i was disappointed but i managed its shortcomings worked around our issues, learned to duel ppl without trying to do grabs as much as possible. im not saying im a very good zerker, i think im above average. ask anyone on this forum who duels/pvps against a decent zerker and they will tell you how strong we are. and thats what you should be doing instead of ditching your 'fav' class.

Posted (edited)

but its not, i still get good sh-- from bosses, yes i get 1 shotted like everyone else, i grind just fine, yes its slower but more safe, barely need to use any pots. 1v1 we are not below average at all .GVG holy shit we are beasts if you are playing it as its supposed to be a utility class and dmg absorber(i can rush to initiate, find good timing to use my ult, and GET out alive atleast 2/5 attempts from between 10-15+ Super armor is very strong if u use it well. get healed by witch/wiz and rush back in and cc the living shit out of enemies). i wont lie, i expected alot more from this class when i started, i was disappointed but i managed its shortcomings worked around our issues, learned to duel ppl without trying to do grabs as much as possible. im not saying im a very good zerker, i think im above average. ask anyone on this forum who duels/pvps against a decent zerker and they will tell you how strong we are. and thats what you should be doing instead of ditching your 'fav' class.

1) If you are not spamming WP pots in PvE ur dps is even more laughable.
2) Fearsome Tyrant leaves you locked in place for 3 seconds after your stun has already ended. Its basically an 'all or nothing'-suicide button on a 90 second CD+requires black spirit rage. It can work but it can also backfire, its fun but not an especially great/strong skill or anything.
3)I am glad Group PvP is working for you, but what rewarding group pvp content do we have atm? None except for red battlefield which is not that interesting.
4)I am glad you are getting loot at world bosses, but if you are not a sorc/ranger/wiz your chance on the good stuff is simply a lot lower. Not to mention that sorcs/ranger/wiz dont even die at world bosses. So they don't lose exp/crystals.
5)Duels without pots are no accurate representation of actual world pvp where pots are spammed and it is very hard for berzerkers to kill other classes. On the positive, thanks to our super armor and great mobility nobody can kill me either if I don't want to fight. But where's the fun in that? Unable to kill eachother...

Edited by Wexoch

Posted

1) If you are not spamming WP pots in PvE ur dps is even more laughable.
2) Fearsome Tyrant leaves you locked in place for 3 seconds after your stun has already ended. Its basically an 'all or nothing'-suicide button on a 90 second CD+requires black spirit rage. It can work but it can also backfire, its fun but not an especially great/strong skill or anything.
3)I am glad Group PvP is working for you, but what rewarding group pvp content do we have atm? None except for red battlefield which is not that interesting.
4)I am glad you are getting loot at world bosses, but if you are not a sorc/ranger/wiz your chance on the good stuff is simply a lot lower. Not to mention that sorcs/ranger/wiz dont even die at world bosses. So they don't lose exp/crystals.
5)Duels without pots are no accurate representation of actual world pvp where pots are spammed and it is very hard for berzerkers to kill other classes. On the positive, thanks to our super armor and great mobility nobody can kill me either if I don't want to fight. But where's the fun in that? Unable to kill eachother...

This is what im trying to point out to you, you only see the negative and thats it. 

1) So is almost every other class. i use almost 500 a day more if pvp.

2) Thats your job, go in use that skill, get 10 ppl stunned. thats 10 ppl not able to do anything while your rangers/wiz/sorcs do the dmg. 9/10 times half the ppl u stunned with your ult die. Yes u might die but thats your job.

3) barely do red battle, i dont like pvp arenas. but when i do its when few guildies go and i play defend the squishes. 9/10 game i win with this tactic.(if you want i got a SS with me having 200+ points. Yes as a zerker)

4) i dont wear armor when doin bosses since if u get hit its 1 shot even with 210 DP 2.3k+ hp. buy a yuria or whatever weapon u want for Bosses without gems. in my guild we have a zerker and warrior with kzarka weapons. so its doable. xp loss is bad indeed so if you died more than twice, just dont bother since u wont be able to catch up on dps.

5) true, but you learn alot about ur class and others by dueling.

Posted (edited)

in my guild we have a zerker and warrior with kzarka weapons. so its doable.

Yea kzarka is the last thing we can complain as a meele (zerker, warrior, Valk)

I got 2 kzarka weapon (zerker) and a Guild member (warrior) got 1 over 4 spawns..

And the one Ranger in my Guild that gets every damn treebelt and many liverto Bundles on worldbosses and doesnt even get loot on kzarka sometimes (i heard kzarka is really bad to hit at range sometimes)

And about the one shot at worldbosses i only avoid bheg and rednose because of that... Tree and mudster you even survive the big attacks at full health (all food Buffs etc)

Edited by Heliantus

Posted

Please tell me your secret, most of the time I don't get a single drop from Kzarka. Not even crap crystals and 100k Silver.

Posted

I think we're getting off topic here guys.

Posted

Dude, enchantment has nothing to do with it here. When cannons were released in KR, berserkers actually SOLD THEIR AXES, that's how useless they were. Then they had to change it so awakening weapon also takes in AP from axes. Nonetheless, axes are just stat sticks (damage-wise), just look at the bloody cannon skills, FIRST RANK does 6x~680%, ranged!

Posted (edited)

In all honesty. JJRusty is a retard that doesn't know wtf he is typing or trolling. Either way he fails and is an idiot, plain and simple.

Edited by EvilCloud5

Posted

In all honesty. JJRusty is a retard that doesn't know wtf he is typing or trolling. Either way he fails and is an idiot, plain and simple.

ad hominem

Posted

KR Veteran here. When giants got their awakening, you rarely saw then switching to their axes to do damage.

Aside from grabs, Beastly windslash buff, our healing Raging thunder and lava pierce-- It was pretty common to see a giant only usimg his cannon.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0