• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Time to show the PVErs what indiscriminatory Pking is

60 posts in this topic

Posted

We could also just make it so the PvP level is 50 again so that the quest to get past 50 actually has a purpose. I thought the whole point of the quest was to make it so you could choose if you wanted to PvP, to make it so that if you did the quest, you can't ----- about "I GOT GANKED WAH!" because you already defacto agreed to it. But I guess our versions players are just so bloodthirsty that we just have to kill them 45s.

1 person likes this

Posted

OP should leave his ign/server/channel here so that forumers could take his own advice to him. Seems like a great idea.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The OP's logic made me laugh out loud.  He's tired of hearing about PKing, so wants more of it.  Bravo, OP, bravo.  Now for the real question, OP:  would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Seriously, though - thanks for the chuckles.

Also, one thing to bear in mind: whether you love them or loathe them, Daum/PA need PVEers.  It creates an income stream that might perhaps be even bigger than the PVP-related income stream.  I don't have data to back it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if true.  With income comes an incentive for Daum/PA to continually develop and support the game.  So, if you really were successful in your quest to turn the game into a gank fest, the following would happen:

1.  You drive away the PVEers, which puts downward financial pressure on Daum/PA, and eventually kills the game - as large groups of paying players leave for other games.  OR

2. PA introduce PVE-only servers or create PVE-only flags that keep them protected from PKers.  That wouldn't be much fun for PKers, I'd imagine.

Either way - YOU lose.

Don't think too much of yourself.

1. PVE only servers = less people to kill = pvp servers die = players leave = financial pressure on DAUM cuz pvp players leave (just throwing this one back)

And now to some real args: 
2. Nobody said that 'pve' players are the majority.
3. PvP is a part of the game. What next - you gonna ask them to nerf bosses because you suddenly got oneshot?
4. There are lots of players who don't PAY anymore since they already bought a game. (ha, subscription? nope)
5. Now, for the real question. What player do you consider a "PVEer"? The one who keeps afk fishing cuz he wanted to play farmville but missclicked and got into this game? Or the one who logs in once in a month to check his workers and leave the game for another month? I think none of those prevent you from sitting in a safezone.

P.S. There is no 'you lose' or 'you win'. Fact is - you bought a game which features open-world pvp. Another fact is that you have plenty of choices to prevent this kind of pvp from even happening. What you are saying though, is merely a speculation about others' opinion.

And yeah, please don't scare DAUM with the usual 'players will leave' - I'm pretty sure ur not the first one. What if they suddenly decide to allow pk before 45, without any karma system AND EVEN IN SAFEZONES? Then I'm gonna call all my friends to play this game instead of cs:go!

Edited by iarilo

Posted

Don't think too much of yourself.

1. PVE only servers = less people to kill = pvp servers die = players leave = financial pressure on DAUM cuz pvp players leave (just throwing this one back)

And now to some real args: 
2. Nobody said that 'pve' players are the majority.

That dosn´t fit well together don´t you think?

IF the Majority are PvP Players, why would a PvE Server hurt a PvP Server since most Players will just stick to the PvP Server?

Posted

PvE'rs are the Lifeblood of MMOs, they provide the majority of sales from Cosmetic to Inventory/Weight/Storage purchases, the bulk of these so called, "Whales" are indeed PvE driven players. Some might be PvP driven, but, a lot of people who prefer the PvE lifestyle buy loads of Cash Shop items and upgrades.

Now, OP, how will what your doing benefit the future of this game at all, you drive away those who spend 100's if not 1000's of dollars on game's Cash Shops, and your going to have a dead game, with no one but your self and people/players like you to blame.

The real PvP'rs will continue to PvP, while the PK scrubs will die off and get bored when less and less, "Targets" appear.

2 people like this

Posted

Last time someone tried to do that to me I unequipped all of my crystals and just kept respawning at the grind spot. After killing me for the fifth or sixth time they started screaming at me in whisper-chat, then left themselves because I was tanking their karma.

wont work against someone with -1million Karma 

Posted

The OP's attitude worked so well in Wizardy Online...and look where they are now! -)

TQQdles™

Posted

So what else is new?

Posted (edited)

OP the world is colorful not black and white

Edited by mate

Posted (edited)

Spent my time a couple days shooting afk horse trainers off their horse. Coming back 7 hours later and seeing them standing there wasting their time must have made them rage. Pked a few farmers as well. Will get some screenshots up when i am playing on my actual pc and not through remote connection.

Also just making the PK claims valid now. Now i will be literally waiting outside a city ready to Pk and annoy the hell out of people.

Just wating for Valencia now so that i can indiscrimantly PK people without worrying about Karma

Edited by Soulshox
1 person likes this

Posted

Spent my time a couple days shooting afk horse trainers off their horse. Coming back 7 hours later and seeing them standing there wasting their time must have made them rage. Pked a few farmers as well. Will get some screenshots up when i am playing on my actual pc and not through remote connection.

Also just making the PK claims valid now. Now i will be literally waiting outside a city ready to Pk and annoy the hell out of people.

Just wating for Valencia now so that i can indiscrimantly PK people without worrying about Karma

You know where that will go.

1. Even more QQ and then PvE Server/Channel/Lock-Quest

2. People quit, Servers are empty and the PK scum destroyed another Game because a handfull People cant support the Cash needed to run the Server.

But if that is what you really want.... pleasy, move on.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know where that will go.

1. Even more QQ and then PvE Server/Channel/Lock-Quest

2. People quit, Servers are empty and the PK scum destroyed another Game because a handfull People cant support the Cash needed to run the Server.

But if that is what you really want.... pleasy, move on.

I still do not know where in the hell you think all the PVE players make up the majority. The game when bought and with little research shows its open world PVP game. Thats why all the PVP Guilds joined this game. PVP players are the majority that fund this game through weight, costume, ghilie, elion tears, mount, pets and ship costumes because it all gives an advantage to grinding speed to level, damage reduction and with hunting coming soon speed and cargo increases. (PVP on the high seas)

Posted

But even the majority of PvP Players don´t like mindless PK....

Posted

But even the majority of PvP Players don´t like mindless PK....

Says who? It's the people that get Pked that make that assumption

Posted

Says who? It's the people that get Pked that make that assumption

So by your logic PvP-Players NEVER get PKed?

ROFL

Posted

Pretty much from the PVE posts, I can see they will most likely move on to some other game... which means DAUM will loose people, and when one person stops, then their friends do as well..  Guess they never thought of that, if a person wants to pvp, fine.. let them BUT with other pvp people, not allowing them to even touch a person who is NOT FLAGGED..  But most of those pvp people are cowards.. since they believe somewhere within their tiny minds that 'it's fun' really?   it gets old after a bit, maybe the first, second time.. but once a person gets to like 10 or more, then where's the fun or challenge..  guess for pvp types the answer is there some where.. they don't want a challenge, just easy 'cheap' kills... as for this comment

The OP's logic made me laugh out loud.  He's tired of hearing about PKing, so wants more of it.  Bravo, OP, bravo.  Now for the real question, OP:  would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Seriously, though - thanks for the chuckles.

Also, one thing to bear in mind: whether you love them or loathe them, Daum/PA need PVEers.  It creates an income stream that might perhaps be even bigger than the PVP-related income stream.  I don't have data to back it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if true.  With income comes an incentive for Daum/PA to continually develop and support the game.  So, if you really were successful in your quest to turn the game into a gank fest, the following would happen:

1.  You drive away the PVEers, which puts downward financial pressure on Daum/PA, and eventually kills the game - as large groups of paying players leave for other games.  OR

2. PA introduce PVE-only servers or create PVE-only flags that keep them protected from PKers.  That wouldn't be much fun for PKers, I'd imagine.

Either way - YOU lose.

I second that notion..  anyone else?

Posted

Okay, so I want to know why threads like these are still up, but when I make a joking thread about BDO kind of being like Archeage, I get silenced for a few days.

THIS DUDE IS LITERALLY ADVOCATING IN GAME GRIEFING AND ALL I WAS DOING WAS MAKING DANK MEMES.

Posted

Okay, so I want to know why threads like these are still up, but when I make a joking thread about BDO kind of being like Archeage, I get silenced for a few days.

THIS DUDE IS LITERALLY ADVOCATING IN GAME GRIEFING AND ALL I WAS DOING WAS MAKING DANK MEMES.

Pking is not grieifing, its PVP.

Also by your logic all these afk fishers, horse tamers and farmers are not PVE players they are crafters because they are not actualyl Vs enviroment.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a game that blocked player trading to thwart goldsellers. Do you really want to make PKers next on that list? If anyone actually followed this advice, next time someone tried to attack someone with higher karma than them instead of doing damage, bubbles would appear on the screen. Don't mess with Daum.

Posted

I'm tired of hearing how PVErs don't want gankers, pvpers and pkers runing their fun and that they are scared leveling past 45 because PVP may happen.

So this is what i suggest, that all the PVPers out there start killing them or runing their PVE activities. Weather this is killign them afk fishing, denying them access to their farm, Shooting them off their horse or straight up murdering them in lowbie grind spots or while they are running around in the normal world. Hell even auto pathing.

Post screenshots here. Happy Hunting!

Go outside once in awhile. Get some sunlight. Vitamin D is good for you, and I'm not talking about the hearty helping of Vitamin Douchebag you seem to be receiving regularly.

3 people like this

Posted

He probably wanted to be a bad guy, and failed at it, whats more he cannot even write proper sentences

Posted

I had such high hopes for the PvP scene in this game, but it seems as though it's filled with bad-kid casuals who can only go after PvE players LOL 

Posted

Congratulations! This thread has successfully convinced me to not buy this game.

Posted

I had such high hopes for the PvP scene in this game, but it seems as though it's filled with bad-kid casuals who can only go after PvE players LOL 

Wrong, go after any player. Doesn't matter the gear, level, class or activity you are doing. If you want to kill someone you can just do it.

Posted

The game needs a balance of PvE and PvP players.  Why would you want to ruin a great game like this by chasing off the population, either side of the population?

Don't be a ruiner.